Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
These off the shelf SSDs are dropping at a decent rate, still too expensive for me but they will get cheaper. Glad they didn't went with the proprietary route. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Once the 2TB + heatsink is around the cost of the 1TB one I'll likely bite. For now I just have like 3-4 PS5 games installed since they take up a good amount and just cycle through them.

These off the shelf SSDs are dropping at a decent rate, still too expensive for me but they will get cheaper. Glad they didn't went with the proprietary route.
Agreed, I'm glad Sony learned from the Vita. I hope MS' deal with Seagate has an expiration date.

I am more harsh. Technically, they gave away Borderlands 2 Complete, so long time PS+ users might already own that advergame one off.

Sports games are either your bag or zero value; zero value for me.

And Planet Coaster is likely much better on PC, has been bundled there before, and is $9 right now.

Compared to previous months, incredibly low value, IMO.
For the borderlands 2 aspect of tiny Tina; exactly this unless and I agree with you unless I’m missing something. It was like summer 2019 when the last piece came out and I had to redownload, play, and kept my PS4 trophy count back to 100% ; is there a trophy list here because it is differentiated new again??

It’s like because they rebranded the dlc differently and updated the marketing imaging I’m struggling to see what is new here

Great Scott- you are correct and I started looking it up too after I posted and thanks for the link also ! So basically they added way more trophies than before; re-brand and repackage and sell again.

I’ll probably play it for trophies. Would be nice if the character transfer now has any correlation to the later title but since it is even called a one shot (like D&D, I get it…) that would also self imply it doesn’t

Great Scott- you are correct and I started looking it up too after I posted and thanks for the link also ! So basically they added way more trophies than before; re-brand and repackage and sell again.

I’ll probably play it for trophies. Would be nice if the character transfer now has any correlation to the later title but since it is even called a one shot (like D&D, I get it…) that would also self imply it doesn’t
No importing characters from BL2. You have to start at level 1 and the level cap is 35 in this game.

God of War is excellent.  I'm not too far in... just riding around in a boat and just killed a rock monster with an exploding heart?

Two questions:

1) If I keep doing side quests, and I going to level myself out of the main story and make it too easy?  I did that in Witcher 3.  I guess I could always up the difficulty

2) Is it best to save money/exp for later in the game, or should I use it as I get it?

Shohei Ohtani is the cover athlete and the game is out April 5:

https://twitter.com/MLBTheShow/status/1488194866907598848

Shohei Ohtani is the cover athlete and the game is out April 5:

https://twitter.com/MLBTheShow/status/1488194866907598848
How do you post twitter links on this site? Every time I do it never shows up and you need to click the link to see the tweet.

God of War is excellent. I'm not too far in... just riding around in a boat and just killed a rock monster with an exploding heart?

Two questions:

1) If I keep doing side quests, and I going to level myself out of the main story and make it too easy? I did that in Witcher 3. I guess I could always up the difficulty

2) Is it best to save money/exp for later in the game, or should I use it as I get it?
You can explore and it shouldn’t make you too OP. If i remember correctly, you won’t be able to explore too far without certain abilities. It’s still a semi linear game with the lake being a central hub. I was able to platinum the game in one play through. So just enjoy the ride.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/31/bungie-is-joining-playstation/

Interesting that they'll be an independent entity alongside PlayStation to keep working on whatever they want on any platform:

First off, I want to be very clear to the community that Bungie will remain an independent and multi-platform studio and publisher. As such, we believe it makes sense for it to sit alongside the PlayStation Studios organization, and we are incredibly excited about the opportunities for synergies and collaboration between these two world-class groups. I have spent a lot of time with Pete Parsons, Jason Jones, and the Bungie management team to develop the right relationships where they will be fully backed and supported by Sony Interactive Entertainment and enabled to do what they do best — build incredible worlds that captivate millions of people.
Makes sense for where that team was at when they broke free of MS ownership and even with Activision Blizzard's control on the original Destiny.

The Bungie deal strikes me like what the Mojang deal did for Microsoft.  Company buying a studio to ensure they get the profits for the titles regardless of what platform they are on.  

I look at it as leverage.  Bungie titles on all platforms, makes Sony the good guys.  Kinda forces MS to keep shit, or at least BIG titles like COD, multiplatform for the future.

Regardless, I hope that in the future, a gamer can play anything they want on any platform they want.

You would think that Sony would buy Square Enix of all companies.

square-enix_logo1.jpg

God of War is excellent. I'm not too far in... just riding around in a boat and just killed a rock monster with an exploding heart?

Two questions:

1) If I keep doing side quests, and I going to level myself out of the main story and make it too easy? I did that in Witcher 3. I guess I could always up the difficulty

You can just change the difficulty to a harder one whenever you want unless you chose Give Me God of War

Feels like Sony just wasted $3 billion, but I guess that's what the Destiny IP is worth.

Lmao what a waste and kids don't believe the multi-plat stuff. This is now a legitimate company war.

Which crazy enough I have MS winning. Insane times we live in.

Yeah it's wild that the company worth at least 2 trillion is beating the company worth less than 150 billion.
And the fact that people cheer for it...

We live in a bizarre time.

Having said that, I'm sure some people were probably cheering for Standard Oil also.

And the fact that people cheer for it...

We live in a bizarre time.

Having said that, I'm sure some people were probably cheering for Standard Oil also.
I agree. I just think it's a bummer because Sony would have had a very hard time making the Activision purchase. Microsoft can do it without batting an eye. It isn't good for gaming. If Microsoft keeps Call of Duty humming and produces high quality games, great. But other than Halo, what games lead you to believe that will happen? I just hope they let Bethesda do their own thing and don't interfere much.

If this deal somehow leads to Sony putting Destiny 2 and all expansions on their (inevitable) GamePass competitor, I'd make the jump.  I'm 50/50 on buying Witch King right now for X1 (and was before this announcement). I love Destiny 2, but it just eats up all my time.

Having said that, I decided to give Bloodborne a shot (since I got it free from the PS4 collection thing on PS5).  Man, that game is kicking my ass.  I played Demon's Souls and all the Dark Souls games but this seems orders of magnitude harder.  I guess because it forces you into a close-up melee style whereas in Dark Souls I always went magic plus spear/shield where I could get away with it.  Also, it doesn't help that I am having a hard time finding summons for the bosses.  I got through one (Father whats his name) with some help, but me and another guy and an NPC got creamed by the Vicar boss.  And now I'm gonna run out of Insight to summon more.  I tried to help others (to get more and also maybe learn the bosses patterns a bit better) but never got summoned.  I have little to no problem with the normal levels, but the bosses are way too tough!

In terms of what has been going on Insomniac Games seems like the real robbery at $229 million. These game studios are getting bought up at value equal to or way more than some NFL teams. 

Was looking into what people made of this buyout, and someone made a pretty good point. Sony is really lacking for first-party MP/live-service exclusives, as they have mostly focused on single-player experiences. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but it's a very profitable category and one that MS has them beat on for sure.

I'm sure Destruction All-Stars was an attempt to get into that space, but it seems to have flopped harder than Bleeding Edge. Anyway, the idea is that they bought Bungie given Destiny is exactly the sort of game they're lacking. It would make sense that they might have Bungie make PS their own MP/live-service game (separate from Destiny), but they claim their future projects won't be exclusive..

This wouldn't be the first-time a microtransaction-filled Sony game has hit MS consoles (DC Universe Online), but in DCUO's case, I assumed it was more desperation than anything.

If this deal somehow leads to Sony putting Destiny 2 and all expansions on their (inevitable) GamePass competitor, I'd make the jump. I'm 50/50 on buying Witch King right now for X1 (and was before this announcement). I love Destiny 2, but it just eats up all my time.

Having said that, I decided to give Bloodborne a shot (since I got it free from the PS4 collection thing on PS5). Man, that game is kicking my ass. I played Demon's Souls and all the Dark Souls games but this seems orders of magnitude harder. I guess because it forces you into a close-up melee style whereas in Dark Souls I always went magic plus spear/shield where I could get away with it. Also, it doesn't help that I am having a hard time finding summons for the bosses. I got through one (Father whats his name) with some help, but me and another guy and an NPC got creamed by the Vicar boss. And now I'm gonna run out of Insight to summon more. I tried to help others (to get more and also maybe learn the bosses patterns a bit better) but never got summoned. I have little to no problem with the normal levels, but the bosses are way too tough!
The best advice I can give for Bloodborne is to play the game with a really aggressive mindset. A lot of the bosses are easier if you stay close to them and only back off for healing. For one of your first weapons I would recommend using the saw cleaver because it has a fast attack and does decent damage. Also I can’t remember if the game tells you but the guns are meant to be used defensively as a way to parry and sometimes stun certain enemies.

If this deal somehow leads to Sony putting Destiny 2 and all expansions on their (inevitable) GamePass competitor, I'd make the jump. I'm 50/50 on buying Witch King right now for X1 (and was before this announcement). I love Destiny 2, but it just eats up all my time.
Time was exactly why I put Destiny 2 down. I played consistently at the start of the Undying season, and it left no room for any other games. I love the game, and I think Bungie is an incredible studio (physical rewards are really cool), but it doesn’t play well with real-world responsibility.

Speaking of Destiny, the only way to get complete Destiny 1 is through Destiny The Collection. Once the codes in the physical copies expired a few years ago, it’s gone on sale maybe once in 2018. I hope that changes once the Sony deal is done. I lucked out and bought it on Xbox in 2016-2017 (hasn’t been on sale for Xbox since 2017), but I originally played D1 the day it launched on PS4. $60 is just too steep for me…

You guys are really playing Destiny wrong if you're putting that much time into it

I play like 10 hours a week since Beyond Light and I manage to do everything there is to do on one character.

A lot of people still think they need to play 3 characters constantly but that hasn't been a thing since like Forsaken. When Shadowkeep came out I pretty much cut down to one character alternating hunter and warlock between seasons and I've never had any issues keeping up.

The only reason I ever do all 3 is to do raid boss CP each week when I was hunting Mythoclast and EoT.

bread's done
Back