Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
So I am checking out games on PS Now on my PS5 and I have found a very annoying thing. When I search for games, it's not defaulted to A-Z so I need to change that. When I click on a game to check it out and then go back, it takes out of PS Now and back to the latest so I need to go back to browse and then change it to A-Z EVERY TIME! That is so annoying. Am I doing something wrong here? If so, how do I make it so it's always defaulted A-Z and pushing O after I go to a game takes me right back to that game on the selection screen? **Edit** It's working fine now. Weird.

I also see the Fallout games that MS owns so I wonder how much longer those games will be on PS Now. I am sure I missed other games that MS owns that are on PS Now. I see some games I recently bought on there too for Series X or I already own. Obviously, I didn't know I would be subbing to PS Now but it makes me wonder if I ever need to buy a game ever again if it will most likely just show up on one of these subs I am already paying for. Odd that some games like Resistance and Killzone don't have every game in the series. I mean, they have either most of the games or just one but still kind of odd. I am excited that there are 5 R&C games. Put all of those on my favorites. I am hoping more PSVR games come to the service.

Are most here stacking up on PS Now subs for $60? I went for one year but it does make sense to stack if the price will just jump to $119.99 in June. Hmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:
I have like 4 years of plus stacked so buying Now is not even worth it for me. Hopefully I can just pay an upgrade fee to jump to Premium once it comes out.

I'm interested in Werewolf: Apocalypse since it's from the World of Darkness universe like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. I like that every game is streamable in case I don't like it. It won't take any hard drive space. Magic.

I want to buy into this hype/deal but I own way too many actual PS3/4 games for this subscription to make sense for me. I am slow at playing through and completing games and have access to more games than I could finish in a lifetime as it is.  

I want to buy into this hype/deal but I own way too many actual PS3/4 games for this subscription to make sense for me. I am slow at playing through and completing games and have access to more games than I could finish in a lifetime as it is.
Yes, this goes the same for me. I actually own way too many games to put them on the backburner so that I can play rented games. What burns me up even more is the fact that, if I were to play a PS1-3 game, I would play ones that I own but haven't touched yet, not games that I never bothered to even buy. So instead of popping in a disc of a game I own, they want me to sign up for a service to rent the game that I already own and play it that way instead.

so if we have the highest tier of playstation plus, premiere or whatever it is, will be be able to play the ps1 games we own from the early years of playstation plus? silent hill, crash team racing, etc. or will we just have to hope it is included in now?

so if we have the highest tier of playstation plus, premiere or whatever it is, will be be able to play the ps1 games we own from the early years of playstation plus? silent hill, crash team racing, etc. or will we just have to hope it is included in now?
Just what’s included. It’s not an all encompassing backward compatibility program.

Finally used my external hard drive on my ps5 and looked through 8tb amount of ps4 games and I didn’t even wanna play much. If anything I wanna revisit only a few ps3 games such as metal gear solid 4 only if its online servers were still up. Best multiplayer game I’ve played though people lag switch. Also fight night. I guess I mainly want some ps2 games such as Def jam fight for ny. Narutimate accel and budokai tenkaichi. I might want to revisit shaman king

Yeah after I had to sell my PS3 to pay rent (in 2013) I still kept up PS+ for like four years, claiming every game whether I thought I would play it or not, so even without my stash of physical PS3 games I have a massive backlog as long as I keep PS+ financed. I plan to eventually do franchise runs, since both the PS3 and Vita have a massive library and I got several really good games back in the day that have just sat in my account until my brother gave me his old Super Slim PS3.

sony trying to say I didn't have plus stupidly when I tried to claim those games. I double checked and my sub is good for another year from the 3 years i got when they were on sale on cd keys apparently 2 years and 1 month ago.

I got the Samsung 980 Pro too, but I have got to find a way to update it. My computer only has one m.2 slot and the OS is installed there.

One big feature of PS+ that I think is overlooked is that games are never removed from your library but they are with Gamepass. As someone who only dives deep into a few games a year that is huge for me.

I got the Samsung 980 Pro too, but I have got to find a way to update it. My computer only has one m.2 slot and the OS is installed there.
Can the software update the drive if it's attached via USB?

One big feature of PS+ that I think is overlooked is that games are never removed from your library but they are with Gamepass. As someone who only dives deep into a few games a year that is huge for me.
PS+ should be compared to Games with Gold, not Game Pass. The Xbox 360 games CAN be acquired with a permanent license (that doesn't require Gold), but the Xbox One games have a license similar to games on PS+.

Now the QUALITY of said offerings, well that's a topic for another day.

Same. I used this PCle adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0876MLNY6

Worked like a charm.

I've heard conflicting reports about whether a USB adapter will work to update the 980. A guy I was watching tried a USB enclosure and it wouldn't update the firmware, but a PCle adapter worked for him, too.

You can update with USB, just need an adapter.
I’ve seen YouTube video that said usb doesn’t work.

I only have one slot. Here’s what I did. Had a spare pci ssd. Used macrium reflect free to clone windows to spare drive. Replaced nvme drive with the Samsung. Booted from the pci ssd. Updated the Samsung. Put the old windows drive back in.

Games with gold are never removed from your library either, which is a more direct comparison to ps+ (Even tho GWG has been garbage recently). PSnow games are removed though, as with gamepass

PSnow games are removed though, as with gamepass
Occasionally, but 90+% of them are evergreen.
The few premium titles added (usually one a month) have set removal dates, and rarely, a non-timed addition will randomly leave the service. As a result, there is far less turnover on the service than Game Pass which I consider one of PS Now's few competitive advantages (that we may eventually lose during contract renewals if Sony gets cheap or publishers ask for more money).
But as others have said, PS Plus is competing with Gold, not Game Pass.

I'm streaming some Slipstream, which looks like an awesome Outrun-style arcade racing game that can get a bit weird?

Edit: Here's the archive.

Kind of off topic but does anyone have some recommendations for internal SSDs that are 2TB? Most of the top ones I see on sites (WD, Seagate) are at $300, I’m just curious if there are any out there that are good that are cheaper before spending $300

It's good, but very challenging right off the bat since the drift mechanic requires work to get good at it. They do have options for an automatic drift that may help and an easier difficulty to help you get the hang of the controls. Other than that, it has a good amount of different modes to give it a decent variety of things to do.

Same. I used this PCle adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0876MLNY6

Worked like a charm.

I've heard conflicting reports about whether a USB adapter will work to update the 980. A guy I was watching tried a USB enclosure and it wouldn't update the firmware, but a PCle adapter worked for him, too.
That adapter worked for me, and now my 980 pro firmware is up to date.

Any tips on finding cheap PS Plus subscriptions? I’m just keeping an eye on Cheapy’s twitter for now. Haven’t found anything less than $45 / year. Thanks CAGs.

Kind of off topic but does anyone have some recommendations for internal SSDs that are 2TB? Most of the top ones I see on sites (WD, Seagate) are at $300, I’m just curious if there are any out there that are good that are cheaper before spending $300
I went with this 2TB one from Best Buy when it was $230:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/adata-xpg-gammix-s70-blade-2tb-internal-ssd-pcie-gen-4-x4-with-heatsink-for-ps5/6486460.p?skuId=6486460

Same one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093DNV47J?

The next week Wario64 tweeted about this one for $199.99:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B098WKQRDL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OOS now, but I'd imagine it'll be back soon. Needs heatsink purchased separately

Reviews on both seemed good to me. Kinda iffy on how good the heatsink is that came with the Gammix S70 one, though.

Any tips on finding cheap PS Plus subscriptions? I’m just keeping an eye on Cheapy’s twitter for now. Haven’t found anything less than $45 / year. Thanks CAGs.
It seems like every several months or so I've seen deals on Eneba, usually sold from RegentGames with coupon code, where Plus is $40. I just bought one March 25 for $39.50.

Reminds me I need to go back and finish up some KH games. Think I only beat 3 (1,2 and the card game spinoff one). I started the PSP one, but never really played it. 

Anyone here play Doki Doki Literature Club Plus? How do you select the words for the poem?
Yes, but I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Should just be your confirm button? If you're asking the gameplay reasoning behind the selection, each of the words is associated with the personality of one of the characters. So if you want to see a certain character's events, then try to pick the words that evoke a positive response for that character.

Yes, but I'm not sure exactly what you're asking. Should just be your confirm button? If you're asking the gameplay reasoning behind the selection, each of the words is associated with the personality of one of the characters. So if you want to see a certain character's events, then try to pick the words that evoke a positive response for that character.
What I'm asking is how to select the word my disc version that I just opened last night only flips through the pages when I hit the x button. Like I cant highlight any word at all

bread's done
Back