Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Good to know that I'm not just an idiot who can't figure it out. But man this is so dumb. I was with Xfinity up until recently with a 1.2TB monthly data cap that we came close to hitting nearly every month. I made sure I only connected my external when the network was disabled. Now I have fiber with no cap and I just want to go wild and get EVERYTHING updated. It's bonkers that it's impossible to update anything even manually and that I have to launch everything in order to check if there's an update.
I think it's about a month after you've recently played something that it still checks for updates. After a month or so of not playing it it will stop looking for them. On the PS4 if you did a database reset that would make it look for updates for every game installed. I don't know if the same happens on PS5. Yea it sucks though and the least they could do is add the check for update option even if it's in the your installed library.

I liked digital. It's a game that I want to maybe to log in for a few minutes and get some Chlorine management done and log out. I wouldn't be getting up to switch discs for that. Plus its SO SMALL of a download. Takes up no room on the SSD
Thanks...need to move some GS credit to PSN credit first. Digital it will be soon.

$40 is a big ask, damn.  I remember picking up Sonic's Sega Genesis Collection on PS3 for $10 that had 3/4 of those games and a ton of other games.  That was 10 years ago.

The mission feature looks sweet, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
$40 is a big ask, damn. I remember picking up Sonic's Sega Genesis Collection on PS3 for $10 that had 3/4 of those games and a ton of other games. That was 10 years ago.

The mission feature looks sweet, though.
To be fair unlike SUGC, this isn't just the roms dumped into a package but I could see how it could be a hard sell for a lot of people.

As long as m2 are porting it $40 isn't terrible. It isn't good either, and wish it came with something interesting like Knuckle's Chaotix. Still will be an easy buy eventually. Great games. Digimon Survive is a wait for sale game for me and would be awesome at about $40 even. Just no gameplay and a lil crowded when it comes out, since I'm going for Live a Live instead. Still will probably get it eventually.

Count me as one that was really interesed in Sonic Origins but as soon as I saw that stupid chart I don't care anymore about it anymore.  The price for 4 old games is one thing that I'm not going to get into, but when you have different freaking tiers, yeah no thanks.  There's plenty of other ways to play those games that I'm happy to choose from not to mention I could just boot up my original copies if I really want to play them in all their classic glory.

Count me as one that was really interesed in Sonic Origins but as soon as I saw that stupid chart I don't care anymore about it anymore. The price for 4 old games is one thing that I'm not going to get into, but when you have different freaking tiers, yeah no thanks. There's plenty of other ways to play those games that I'm happy to choose from not to mention I could just boot up my original copies if I really want to play them in all their classic glory.
There's really only two versions, but Sega had to over-complicate things for some reason. Lot's of people (myself included) were confused.

https://twitter.com/Taco876/status/1516850344948645888

Dusted off the PS3 and realized that I cannot find the controller charging cables. Any idea best place to pick them up? I think they are USB 2.0 to Mini-B 5-pin...

I’m really hoping the Klonoa remasters aren’t just limited to digital only. I would love to have a physical copy to put next to my original copies for PS1 and PS2.

I’m really hoping the Klonoa remasters aren’t just limited to digital only. I would love to have a physical copy to put next to my original copies for PS1 and PS2.
Switch will have it Japanese version. PS5/PS4/Switch will also have a European version. I have the Japanese version coming since it was announced before the European versions, but I'd recommend the European one for the PS4/5. I don't think the NA regions are getting a physical version.

There's really only two versions, but Sega had to over-complicate things for some reason. Lot's of people (myself included) were confused.
Oh I wasn't confused by them. What turned me off is the fact there even is more than 1 version in the first place & the fact a chart to figure out how get the "most complete" verision was even remotely needed. These are 5 Gensis era titles with a few new bells & whistles that's it. Trying to justify even the base price of the game with those bell & whistles is a stretch, but as it is with everything else in this industry it's never enough because they need more monetization cram in there. It's just sad.

Switch will have it Japanese version. PS5/PS4/Switch will also have a European version. I have the Japanese version coming since it was announced before the European versions, but I'd recommend the European one for the PS4/5. I don't think the NA regions are getting a physical version.
Yeah I found out about this shortly after my post. Decided to hop on Amazon UK and pre-order a PS5 copy.

Wait… never mind… I’ll wait for a GOTY or a bundle or something before I buy it for the wife. Tiers for Sonic? That’s ridiculous.

So I was able to get a PS5 disc console from Amazon the other day, and it arrives tomorrow. I have all my PS4 games backed up to an external drive and I made sure all my saves have been uploaded to the cloud. Any other tips and tricks to make the transition from 4 to 5 easier?

So I was able to get a PS5 disc console from Amazon the other day, and it arrives tomorrow. I have all my PS4 games backed up to an external drive and I made sure all my saves have been uploaded to the cloud. Any other tips and tricks to make the transition from 4 to 5 easier?
Send me your PS4 afterwards so you won't be tempted to play it ever again. :whistle2:

Probably a good idea to look for lists of what games have free vs paid vs no ps5 upgrades, what games run poorly/worse, what games you have that aren't compatible in general. And if you can somehow grab any ps5 dlc for titles with free upgrades that would likely help towards the future .

Play Astro's Playroom first.

Did you upload your saves in-game for games like FF7 Remake that have PS5 versions? If you only uploaded to PS+ cloud, that's what you'll be using on PS5 - the PS4 version of the game. If you play the PS5 version of the game, your savefile won't be there.

If there was any confusion, confirmed today from Sony. Great for those of us that stacked years of PSNow a couple weeks ago at $60 a year.

“When the new PlayStation Plus service launches, PlayStation Now will transition into the new PlayStation Plus offering and will no longer be available as a standalone service. PlayStation Now customers will migrate over to PlayStation Plus Premium with no increase to their current subscription fees at launch.”

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/#sf255786980

Does the necromancer DLC for Diablo III ever go on sale? The "Eternal Collection" of the game is $20~ on sale right now but I already have the Ultimate Evil edition physical and from what I can tell the only difference is the necromancer DLC, which conveniently isn't on sale and is $15 (!)

Does the necromancer DLC for Diablo III ever go on sale? The "Eternal Collection" of the game is $20~ on sale right now but I already have the Ultimate Evil edition physical and from what I can tell the only difference is the necromancer DLC, which conveniently isn't on sale and is $15 (!)
Link to PSPrices About the time 2 years ago it went on sale last.

Edit: 2 years ago

Did you upload your saves in-game for games like FF7 Remake that have PS5 versions? If you only uploaded to PS+ cloud, that's what you'll be using on PS5 - the PS4 version of the game. If you play the PS5 version of the game, your savefile won't be there.
Thank you, I’ll have to research what games need in game uploads. I already got the platinum trophy for FF7R, so I’m not sure the Yuffie dlc is worth picking up the PS5 version. But I’ll upload my saves just in case I change my mind.

It sure would be nice if some of those NeoGeo titles that never go on sale went on sale sometime. Baseball Stars 2, Football Frenzy, Super Baseball 2020, 3 Count Bout, etc.

I only got into Rocket League fairly recently. I really like it, but I seem to have hit a plateau in skill pretty quickly; I can't reach anything beyond Gold rank in any category.

Thank you, I’ll have to research what games need in game uploads. I already got the platinum trophy for FF7R, so I’m not sure the Yuffie dlc is worth picking up the PS5 version. But I’ll upload my saves just in case I change my mind.
Reload it on the ps5 to pop another platinum if you want.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/

Update: We’re making fantastic progress with our launch efforts and I wanted to update you on the latest. We’re rolling out our new offering for PlayStation Plus a little earlier in select markets in Asia, followed by Japan. Here is a look at our updated regional rollout schedule.

• Asia markets (excluding Japan) – targeting May 23, 2022
  • Japan – targeting June 1, 2022
  • Americas – targeting June 13, 2022
  • Europe – targeting June 22, 2022
Additionally, we’re also expanding our cloud streaming access to the following locations for a total of 30 markets with cloud streaming access**. The following markets will also offer the Premium tier from PlayStation Plus at launch: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Republic of Cyprus, Romania, Slovakia, and Slovenia.

We’ve been working on this massive global effort to provide flexible options, quality games and greater value for our members for quite some time now – and we’re just a few weeks away from our first regional rollout. We want to thank our PlayStation community for the ongoing support, and we’ll have more to share as we get closer to launch. For more information, including pricing for your local market, please visit our website at https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/

It's worth noting that ff7 has a free upgrade from what I remember now so you really just have to buy the dlc separately.

Nah, the Yuffie DLC is great. Wait for a good sale, but definitely play it if you're a fan of FF7.

It also adds the ability to get two more gotterdammerungs in the main game (albeit locked behind a difficult fight), so you can have your whole party outfitted with them if you decide to actually replay FF7R instead of just autopopping. It makes for a pretty fun playthrough on hard IMO.

Thanks for all the tips, my transfer to PS5 was pretty smooth. Only weird thing is I had three ps4 disc games that popped up in the download/update queue that wouldn’t complete without the disc being in the drive. Ended up installing or downloading almost half of the game. Not sure if something got lost on my ps4 when I moved it to extended storage but I guess some assets were needed from the disc.

Oh - one last tip - after having to replace a spring in one of my dualsense triggers, I now only use the dualsense on PS5 games. For PS4 games I use a DS4. Changing that spring is a pain in the butt, and mine broke while playing a PS4 game.

Oh - one last tip - after having to replace a spring in one of my dualsense triggers, I now only use the dualsense on PS5 games. For PS4 games I use a DS4. Changing that spring is a pain in the butt, and mine broke while playing a PS4 game.
Thank you, I did hear about controller issues before I purchased. Found out Sony is making the newer controllers with tougher springs and joysticks. The way to know if you have new parts or old, is the end of the FCC number on back label ends with an A. Anything else is older tech and prone to failure sooner.

Thank you, I did hear about controller issues before I purchased. Found out Sony is making the newer controllers with tougher springs and joysticks. The way to know if you have new parts or old, is the end of the FCC number on back label ends with an A. Anything else is older tech and prone to failure sooner.
Just buy one of the newer colors (blue, pink, purple) and you're guaranteed to get the revision. Purple is the best looking out of them all anyway imo

bread's done
Back