Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Just buy one of the newer colors (blue, pink, purple) and you're guaranteed to get the revision. Purple is the best looking out of them all anyway imo
blue and pink are on sale for 59.99 at bj's (kinda like costco and sams club) not sure if the 10$ off a purchase coupon and monthly 10$ coupon can be applied to that but that would drop it further to 49.99/39.99. Hopefully some of you that are planning to buy those have one near by.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://blog.playstation.com/2022/04/25/variable-refresh-rate-support-for-ps5-is-rolling-out-this-week/

VRR support is rolling out this week:

Today, we’re excited to announce that Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) support will start rolling out globally to PS5 players this week. On HDMI 2.1 VRR-compatible TVs and PC monitors, VRR dynamically syncs the refresh rate of the display to the PS5 console’s graphical output. This enhances visual performance for PS5 games by minimizing or eliminating visual artifacts, such as frame pacing issues and screen tearing. Gameplay in many PS5 titles feels smoother as scenes render seamlessly, graphics look crisper, and input lag is reduced.* Previously released PS5 games can be fully optimized for VRR through a game patch and future games may include VRR support at launch.

In the coming weeks, the PS5 versions of these titles will receive game patches enabling VRR support:

• Astro’s Playroom
  • Call of Duty: Vanguard
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  • Destiny 2
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
  • DIRT 5
  • Godfall
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
  • Tribes of Midgard
These are just a few of the PS5 titles receiving VRR support and we’d like to thank their talented development teams. Please stay tuned to their channels for updates as you’ll have the best experience with VRR once their game patches are live.

Getting Started

VRR will arrive globally through a PS5 console update over the next few days (make sure you are connected to the internet to receive the update). Once you’ve received the update, VRR will automatically be enabled for supported games if your PS5 console is connected to an HDMI 2.1 VRR-compatible TV or PC monitor. You can also turn it off under “Screen and Video” in system settings.

ea03b0209c8ac3bb267ebfde23108d74d3be7cbb.png

As an added option, you can also choose to apply VRR to PS5 games that don’t support it. This feature may improve video quality for some games. If this results in any unexpected visual effects, you can turn off this option at any time. Please note that results may vary depending on the TV you’re using, the game you’re playing, and the visual mode you’ve selected for a particular game (if it supports multiple modes). For more details on VRR settings, check out this page: https://www.playstation.com/support/hardware/ps5-4k-resolution-guide.

Neat, the 5 people who have VRR TVs are gonna love this.

(Joking mostly)

How many of you actually have a VRR TV though? I don't have a sense of how far behind the times I am technologically. I have a 4k Monitor I use that has a cap of 60 FPS and I feel like I'm unusual among my friends/family who are all using sub 1080 resolution models.

I have a VRR TV (LG CX) and love it. Elden Ring runs great on my Series X because of it. Know they say it can be run for “unsupported” games but don’t understand the need for patches like on those games identified. Never heard of that on the Xbox side. Hope there isn’t something weird about Sony’s implementation. We’ll see.

(Joking mostly)

How many of you actually have a VRR TV though? I don't have a sense of how far behind the times I am technologically. I have a 4k Monitor I use that has a cap of 60 FPS and I feel like I'm unusual among my friends/family who are all using sub 1080 resolution models.
I don't even have a 4k tv and no plans for one anytime soon.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

(Joking mostly)

I’ve got the LG G1 so I’m pretty pumped personally

Recently bought a clearanced-out  2021 TCL 55R646. Has VRR.  I primarily use it for pc gaming. But I'm glad the ps5 will have the feature when I finally buy the console in ~2 years.

I don't, but I almost bought one at PS5 launch. But I decided to wait til VRR was working on the PS5.  I might buy one this year, but who knows.

I have a C1 as well and I’m stoked

Also in regards to PS+, you will be able to upgrade whatever tier account you have to the highest by just paying the difference.

“You can easily upgrade to a higher benefits plan at any time. To do so, you'll need to pay the difference between your current plan and your new plan, adjusted for the remaining time of your subscription.“

I think if you have a CX there’s honestly not much of a reason to upgrade at this point. Very little difference between the CX, C1 and even C2. At least not enough to warrant an upgrade IMO.

Maybe next year’s models will be a different story.

I think if you have a CX there’s honestly not much of a reason to upgrade at this point. Very little difference between the CX, C1 and even C2. At least not enough to warrant an upgrade IMO.

Maybe next year’s models will be a different story.

I got to good of a deal on the cx and no real reason to upgrade for me anyway.

To unlock the game's capped frame rate so you can go beyond it or other features if you have the right TV and settings.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/

They have some new FAQ questions up on the PS+ site:
If I am subscribed to both PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now, what happens to my subscriptions and payment date?

If you are subscribed to both services when the new PlayStation Plus launches, you will be migrated into the PlayStation Plus Premium membership plan and you will have a new single payment date based on the longer of your two subscriptions. You will be notified via email of your new payment date and subscription fee.

I have a lot of pre-paid (stacked) time left on my membership. Will I get to keep that after the new service launches?

Yes, you will get to keep all of your pre-paid time within the new service.

How can I upgrade my PlayStation Plus membership to PlayStation Plus Extra or PlayStation Plus Premium?

When the new PlayStation Plus membership plans launch, you will be able to upgrade to a plan with more features and benefits. When you upgrade you will be charged a pro-rated fee to level up the remaining time on your existing membership to the desired level. For example, if you purchased a 12-month membership five months ago and have seven months left, you will need to pay a pro-rated upgrade fee to upgrade your remaining seven months to the desired plan level. Then on your next payment date, you will be charged for the standard price of the membership plan level that you upgraded to at your current payment frequency.

Hm. I wonder if that means that you can convert your years of PS Plus to PS Plus Premium via an active PS Now subscription at the time of the migration. Kind of like how Gold transferred 1:1 to GPU if you bought a month of GPU.

Hm. I wonder if that means that you can convert your years of PS Plus to PS Plus Premium via an active PS Now subscription at the time of the migration. Kind of like how Gold transferred 1:1 to GPU if you bought a month of GPU.
Certainly sounds like it. I was just planning to pay the upgrade fee, but now it looks like I'm going to have Premium for 4+ years thanks to a cheap PS Now sub I picked up a few months ago.

Certainly sounds like it. I was just planning to pay the upgrade fee, but now it looks like I'm going to have Premium for 4+ years thanks to a cheap PS Now sub I picked up a few months ago.
so i just buy a prepaid ps now subscription right now and activate it couple days prior to the change? i think i have 3 years of ps plus active right now. or is it too late to buy a prepaid ps now?

so i just buy a prepaid ps now subscription right now and activate it couple days prior to the change? i think i have 3 years of ps plus active right now. or is it too late to buy a prepaid ps now?
A very cursory glance at Best Buy, Amazon, Target, Walmart, Gamestop and apparently also Ebay showed no PS Now cards.

I didn't look that hard but tons of PS+ and PSN $ cards showed up.

Sony reps came in and pulled the PSNow cards in January. Before we chucked them I looked and saw we had only sold 7 in the back half of 2021 between the 3/12 month skus while GamePass had already sold 25+ in the first 3 weeks of the year.

Sony definitely needed this change. So many people don't even know PSNow exists.

Idk about riskin it. I’d probably just get one year of ps now and see if that gets upgraded for free. Who knows if they’ll actually upgrade all the stacked years u buy

Saw a "Playstation Classic Colors" mug on the CAG front page, noticed it was light grey with green, blue, red, and yellow stripes, did a double take, and vomited a little in my mouth.

There are PS Now games leaving 5/17 at 1 PM ET/10 AM PT:

PS3

Alex Kidd in Miracle World

Altered Beast

Bomberman Ultra

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Comix Zone

Crazy Taxi

Fighting Vipers

Golden Axe

The House of the Dead III

The House of the Dead 4 Game

The House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Ultimate Edition

Nights into dreams...

Renegade Ops

The Revenge of Shinobi
Sega Bass Fishing

Silent Hill Collection

Sonic Adventure

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic CD - 5/3

Sonic Generations

Sonic the Fighters

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I

Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II

Sonic Unleashed

Super Hang-On

Virtua Fighter 2

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

Yakuza 4

Yakuza 5

Zeno Clash 2

PS4

Akiba's Beat - 5/3

Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed - 5/3

Anomaly 2 - 5/3

The Dwarves
Exile's End - 5/3

The Final Station - 5/3

The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA Tour

Hotel Transylvania 3 Monsters Overboard - 5/3

Lovely Planet - 5/3

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

MX vs ATV Supercross Encore

NBA 2K18

No Time to Explain

Sonic Forces

Sonic Mania

Team Sonic Racing

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown

WWE 2K19

Sega's delisting all standalone versions of Sonic 1-3 and CD from all storefronts sooner, which is why Sonic CD has a different date.

Ouch, explains the drop in the number supported titles. I guess the new service required renegotiated contracts and SEGA, Konami and some smaller titles weren't interested. Disappointing that not a lot of notice was given.

All four of the Legends of Heroes: Tales of Cold Steel games are on sale for the next few weeks.  

I've enjoyed the first 10 or so hours of the first game via PS Now, so I figure it's worth giving some money to the developers to keep going with it.  

All four of the Legends of Heroes: Tales of Cold Steel games are on sale for the next few weeks.

I've enjoyed the first 10 or so hours of the first game via PS Now, so I figure it's worth giving some money to the developers to keep going with it.
It is a great series and huge payoff if you start at 1 and play thorugh 4. There is NOT a lot of "previously in the last game" narrative dumps. Be prepared to sink a TON of time...i think each one took me over 80 hours. Despite the time the games never felt grindy. You see the enemies on the field before you decide to attack. Battles are great and one thing they do in this game is if you die in ANY battle there is the option to retry the battle or start from a save. I mean nothing is worse than playing for a few hours and then some regualr baddie casts a "kill" curse and wipes the team out and all your progress is lost. Looking at you Persona 5 (preparing for fanboy back lash for that comment). Again though could not recommend this series enough.

ProTip: Money is hard to come by in the first game

It is a great series and huge payoff if you start at 1 and play thorugh 4. There is NOT a lot of "previously in the last game" narrative dumps. Be prepared to sink a TON of time...i think each one took me over 80 hours. Despite the time the games never felt grindy. You see the enemies on the field before you decide to attack. Battles are great and one thing they do in this game is if you do in ANY battle there is the option to retry the battle or start from a save. I mean nothing is worse than playing for a few hours and then some regualr baddie casts a "kill" curse and wipes the team out and all your progress is lost. Looking at you Persona 5 (preparing for fanboy back lash for that comment). Again though could not recommend this series enough.

ProTip: Money is hard to come by in the first game
Yeah, I can feel that there is a long way to go in the first game.

I felt like I was managing experience without grinding pretty well early, then got to the second field test and battles became a good deal harder. I'll keep at it though, as the story has been very engaging and I'm still having a good time.

Ouch, explains the drop in the number supported titles. I guess the new service required renegotiated contracts and SEGA, Konami and some smaller titles weren't interested. Disappointing that not a lot of notice was given.
I mean one of the biggest titles and reasons to even bother is leaving. MGS4. What is even the point now?

bread's done
Back