Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:

I'm gonna wait and see how I feel about the emulators by using them before I pass judgement. DF has a habit of obsessing about particular things and saying it ruins the experience for them. RE: Elden Ring's performance--I honestly didn't notice any problems and they spent weeks to months talking about it.
I do agree on DF being too dialed in on some things, but I think the analysis for PS1 is not nitpick level complaints. The filters are a mess with stuff being misaligned to what would make sense, or the incorrect and useless 1:1 ratio scaling. Those things should be easy to fix so hopefully they are.

The Americas market could use the NTSC version instead of the PAL version when it goes live. PAL version was supposedly used in the other markets because of the multi-language option.
I feel like this is copium. If it was the case, surely all the games would be the PAL version. Really the solution should have been to offer both the NTSC and PAL versions, like most collections offer the US and Japanese versions. I would guess this would mean more work due to the trophy support and that's why it wasn't done.

You don't need to buy the PS+ code actually. It's Now that gets grandfathered to premium. The reason so many people are talking about both subs is that you get premium for the length of the longer of the two subs if you have both.

So if you have four years of plus stacked and one month of Now, you get four years of premium. If you have four years of Now stacked and no plus, you also get four years of premium. If you have four years of plus stacked and no Now, you get four years of essential. It's why everyone was scrambling for one-month Now codes for the last few weeks.

Here's where Sony talked about Now converting straight to Premium: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/

Here's where Sony has their FAQ up that explains that you get the longer of the two subs: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-plus/
Thanks, yeah, that's what I've been reading. I guess I'm just shocked with how generous the conversion is. Although on the flipside, there are probably people with multiple years of both Plus & Now stacked, and the conversion will not be that great at all in that case.

I guess I don't really need the month of ps plus right now either. I just wanted to play some fall guys this weekend, but I can wait and save an extra 10 bucks.

What's funny is I wasn't really that interested in Premium anyway because PSNow streaming sucks for me and I mostly find old ps1 games unbearably slow to play, but if Sony wants to give it to me for half off who am I to complain.

I have old ps plus codes from years ago. Can I redeem them now or is sony still not allowing it?
EvergreenViciousDodo-size_restricted.gif

Are you telling me that if my current ps plus doesn’t expire until 2024, then I buy a month of ps plus now, I’d get premium ps now until 2024?

Are you telling me that if my current ps plus doesn’t expire until 2024, then I buy a month of ps plus now, I’d get premium ps now until 2024?
It wouldn't let me redeem PS Now on top of PS+ right now. It sounds like it's going thru for some users but also many are getting the same error I am. YMMV

I don't think I ever played Inquisition. I'm sure I still have some time, I wonder how much it matters. Of course, I can't remember much of the specifics of the plot of the first two either.
Blight bad, demons bad, dragons bad, Warden/Hawk/Inquisitor save the world. Uh, spoilers on that last one, sorry.

That’s about it, honestly. The only pretense at nuance comes in the form of letting you pick between things occasionally which will change some political stuff at the end of each game.

I don't think I ever played Inquisition. I'm sure I still have some time, I wonder how much it matters. Of course, I can't remember much of the specifics of the plot of the first two either.
I would say it will probably be extremely important based on the little we know so far, probably the most important story setup alongside the Mage/Templar war from DA2. The Trespasser DLC is necessary too.

From what we know of the new game, I'd say to at least play Inquisition first. And maybe read a summary of 2.

This newest one isn't releasing until end of 2023 or so it looks like, though, so you have plenty of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
1 hour away from the state of disappointment.

I truly hope Sony learned how to put on a good one of these. At the very least show us PS plus premium games.

My predictions:

- PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2
- Death Stranding 2
- hyping of the new PS+ service
- a high-budget indie announcement or two

I just redeemed my 1 month PS Now code that I got from Sony Rewards.  The auto renew turned on this time (my previous 1 month sub did not).

About to start in a few minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr4PGa1sHFQ

Summary:

Final Fantasy 16 looks great, as expected from Creative Business Unit III. Hopefully they can keep the momentum from Shadowbringers and Endwalker's writing and channel it to this. 

This is an odd one. The game isn't really that long, and I can't imagine the changes would warrant a replay when there is otherwise no replay value. Would it have a separate Trophies list?
So far, every PS5 game that has a version on a different generation console has it's own trophy list. I know PS4, PS3 and Vita would sometimes share lists, but I don't know a single PS5 game that does that at all; they've all been separate.

Damn it I knew it was coming but I wanted RE Code veronica hell I'd be happy if they just released it on pc.  RE4 was the start of the downfall of the RE games for me never understood the hype the game gets.

If you are an existing PS+ user, you cannot redeem them until after the new tiers take effect. Otherwise, you can only redeem one code.
I am a PS Plus subscriber with a sub that expires next year. I had purchased several codes during Black Friday (those old scratch off cards) maybe 3-4 years ago but did not redeem them all at once instead deciding to just redeem one year at a time. I honestly don't care about this PS Now stuff as I own the games I want and plan to just buy the games I want to play when they go cheap. No need to subscribe to a service for these games in my situation (Gamepass Ultimate is a much better value proposition for me though with my limited pre-existing XBOX library and PC gaming habits). I guess I'll just wait for this nonsense to blow over and return to just using PS Plus to play online FIFA pro clubs lol.

Actually decent one. Not E3 level but ok.

Resident evil 4 one of the greatest games ever made being remade has broke the internet for today. Absolutely insane hype.

FF16 looks good. I like this team they have on 16 so far.

I will say nothing on PS plus was...odd.

Yeah they are going for 40-70 now on eBay…
Timing matters. I just wanted to get it reactivated so it would be active for the transition and wasn't worried about minmaxing, so buying two months out wasn't a problem.

Folks who played the waiting game when cards stopped activating at retail a month ago, welp.

I initially thought Call of the Mountain was like an expansion for FW but wow, if those are PSVR2 graphics, I'm pretty damn impressed. 

Gotta say, I'm cautiously optimistic about FFXVI... it looks damn cool, but so did FFXV. 

I was hoping for some FF7 Remake Vol 2 news, super bummed out there's nothing. 

State of Play was alright.
RE4 (a multiplat) would have been a bigger deal if its existence hadn't been outed ages ago. Game is looking good though, as are SF6 (which has a much better logo now) and FFXVI.
Don't own PSVR1 nevermind PSVR2 so a lot of that fell flat for me. I have to wonder if PSVR2 implementation for existing titles will be free because that seems like something that should be touted as a free update in these trailers. Hopefully there isn't some sort of nonsense upgrade fee.
Stray, Eterknights and Callisto (which is coming to Xbox) got my attention. Smart move scooping up Stray for a day one PS Plus Extra release.
I assume that there will be another one of these this month for first-party stuff, as the first-party output was really lacking (though the Horizon VR game looks cool).
All in all, okay for what it was. Looking forward to the main event.

bread's done
Back