Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I got 2 of those $20 PSTV + DS3 combos at Walmart way back when.  I foolishly sold one of them before the hacks were available (I already had a PSTV).

Nah. Just don't link your main account to it if you're worried about bans. Super easy to do if you follow the guide linked above.
I think that as long as you are not obviously cheating in online play or with trophies then you are ok using your main account if you feel comfortable. I follow the vitahacks and vitapiracy reddit closely (for the last 4 years) and most comments indicate Sony only cares about cheating online and trophy hacking/abuse.

I think that as long as you are not obviously cheating in online play or with trophies then you are ok using your main account if you feel comfortable. I follow the vitahacks and vitapiracy reddit closely (for the last 4 years) and most comments indicate Sony only cares about cheating online and trophy hacking/abuse.
The vita is dead, so yeah, at this point it's sillier to not hack it. As this post says, don't cheat online, don't use trophy hacking programs while connected to PSN, just be smart about it and there's nothing to worry about.

So if you hack your pstv or vita and just earn trophies normally, there’s no problem? That was the hang up for me. I still have a boxed pstv in my game room and would definitely hack it if that is the case.

I hacked my PSTV mostly for the ability to be able to play any of my Vita games instead of just the Sony approved selection. It's stupid easy and it's never gonna get updated again so it's not like you need to keep doing it.

So if you hack your pstv or vita and just earn trophies normally, there’s no problem? That was the hang up for me. I still have a boxed pstv in my game room and would definitely hack it if that is the case.
Correct. Usually I just sign out of PSN and play my game, earn the trophies, then sign in and sync and sign back out. I played some matches of CoD, resistance burning skies, and Killzone online and haven't had anything come of it.

Thanks everyone for all the info about modding a PSTV, I've had one sitting in my closet collecting dust for years and I love repurposing old tech.

I hacked my PSTV mostly for the ability to be able to play any of my Vita games instead of just the Sony approved selection. It's stupid easy and it's never gonna get updated again so it's not like you need to keep doing it.
I think it was updated I want to say a few months ago. Sony is weird with the vita

The other major bonus of hacking PSTV (or Vita) is being able to use an adapter to store games on a standard micro SD card instead of the small and unreliable Sony memory cards.

The other major bonus of hacking PSTV (or Vita) is being able to use an adapter to store games on a standard micro SD card instead of the small and unreliable Sony memory cards.
Sony cards were/are also overpriced. Sony got extremely greedy with their proprietary cards and shot themselves in the foot thinking they would curb Piracy. I think these proprietary cards are what ultimately killed the appeal of the device for those trying to play unhacked.

Was perusing the existing sales on the PS Store and just watched the trailer for I’m In Love With Your Dead Grandmother (morbid curiosity). Guessing they were going for the ‘I buy games for the memes/lulz’ demographic—or maybe the hardcore trophy hunters. I feel bad for both on this one.

Is that Nioh 2 not remastered?
not remastered but u will get it cross buy for ps5 vanilla without the dlc im pretty sure. maybe. so ud need to buy the dlc for nioh 2

edit: actually it is nioh2 remastered for ps5, and vanilla for ps4. so u get all the dlc for ps5 version but if ur doing ps4 u need to buy the season pass/dlc for ps4 if u want those trophies/extra story. actually i dont even know what i am talking about because there is a complete edition for ps4/ps5. so confusing. but they dlcs for nioh2 ps5 become unavailable once u add nioh2s to library so i think u get the dlc for ps5. on suspection that was because i hadnt claimed the dlcs after buying the season pass a while ago. i suggest buying the season pass for ps4 when/if its on sale now

Last edited by a moderator:
not remastered but u will get it cross buy for ps5 vanilla without the dlc im pretty sure. maybe. so ud need to buy the dlc for nioh 2

edit: actually it is nioh2 remastered for ps5, and vanilla for ps4. so u get all the dlc for ps5 version but if ur doing ps4 u need to buy the season pass/dlc for ps4 if u want those trophies/extra story. actually i dont even know what i am talking about because there is a complete edition for ps4/ps5. so confusing.
I keep thinking that the Nioh special edition with steelbook I got is the collection lol. I still want that Nioh 1 remastered before I start 2

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/02/11-new-ps-vr2-games-announced-the-dark-pictures-switchback-vr-cities-vr-enhanced-edition-crossfire-sierra-squad-and-more/

11 new PSVR2 games have been announced with trailers for most of the games.

The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR

Crossfire: Sierra Squad

The Light Brigade - Cross Buy - Launch Title?
Cities VR – Enhanced Edition - Launch Title
Cosmonious High - Launch Title?
Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue - Cross Buy - Launch Title?
Jurassic World Aftermath Collection
Pistol Whip VR - Free Upgrade
Zenith: The Last City - Launch title, free upgrade
After The Fall
Tentacular - Launch Title?

I guess everything that says pre-orders starts November 15 are launch titles?

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/02/playstation-vr2-launches-in-february-at-549-99/

The headset will be out February 22 for $549. $599 bundle with the Horizon Call of the Mountain game. $49 for the charging station for the Sense controllers.

Pre-orders begin November 15. You can register now to get one from direct.playstation.com similar to how they do PS5 stuff: 

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps-vr2/register-to-pre-order/

Pretty reasonable price for me. Excited to get the PSVR2.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/02/11-new-ps-vr2-games-announced-the-dark-pictures-switchback-vr-cities-vr-enhanced-edition-crossfire-sierra-squad-and-more/

11 new PSVR2 games have been announced with trailers for each game.

The Light Brigade
Cities VR – Enhanced Edition
Cosmonious High
Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue
Pistol Whip VR
Zenith: The Last City
After The Fall
Tentacular

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/11/02/playstation-vr2-launches-in-february-at-549-99/

The headset will be out February 22 for $549. $599 bundle with the Horizon Call of the Mountain game. $49 for the charging station for the Sense controllers.

Pre-orders begin November 15. You can register now to get one from direct.playstation.com similar to how they do PS5 stuff:

!!!!???? Way too much. Sony is still obviously not serious about getting VR into as many households as possible. When an add on costs more than the console it needs to function, something is seriously wrong. I was going to buy it day one but not at this price. Very disappointing.

I have a good deal of credit saved up at Amazon for this, so I'm hoping they do a pre-order soon.

Anxious to see how many other titles might get an update to work with the VR2.

One of the comments says the $.02 purchase counts as a full game. I did it and it boosted me to level 2 in PS Stars.

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1587807744064507904?s=46&t=pD59Pf8xamiAW4QGv9iOxg

Confirm that it (the $.02 Destroy All Humans) counts as full game purchase. Just bought it and Witcher 3 and it shows 2 full game purchases in my Stars status.

Do we not get points on dlc? I got nothing for RE8 winters expansion
I pre ordered it and didn't get points on it either. I however did get points for buying blood bonds (digital currency) for Hunt Showdown. I might make a ticket and see when I have time.

Do we not get points on dlc? I got nothing for RE8 winters expansion
I pre-ordered it 2 days before release and got 200 points right away. I'm actually having this issue with another game alien isolation that I wasn't awarded points for. I bought the re8 dlc after that and 3 more games that have all giving me points.

I pre-ordered it 2 days before release and got 200 points right away. I'm actually having this issue with another game alien isolation that I wasn't awarded points for. I bought the re8 dlc after that and 3 more games that have all giving me points.
Hmm seems like I got screwed. Does anyone have the link to report missing points? I’ve never done a ticket with Sony

There are new PS Stars campaigns in the app:

• Fight of the Month Club - GG Strive, DB FighterZ, SFV, UMC3, MK11, Tekken 7 - Auto-register - Arcade Machine figurine
  • November Check-In - Play your favorite game on PS4/PS5 (any game) - Auto-register - Autumn Tech Demo T-Rex figurine
  • Play Wherever - Use Remote Play four times this month for at least five minutes each - Manual Register - 75 points
  • PlayStation & You: PlayStation Eye - Play any PS4/PS5 game - Manual Register - PlayStation Eye figurine
  • PlayStation Store Picks - Buy one of these select PS5 titles from PlayStation Store - Manual Register - 50 points
  • You Did It! You Defeated Phrike - Play any game PS4/PS5 to get this special collectible - Auto-register - Returnal Astronaut Figurine

PS Store Picks list:

Brewmaster: Beer Brewing Simulator

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II Cross-Gen Bundle

Gotham Knights

New Tales from the Borderlands

NHL 23 PS5

PGA 2K23 Cross-Gen Edition

11 new PSVR2 games have been announced with trailers for most of the games.

The Light Brigade - Cross Buy - Launch Title?
Cities VR – Enhanced Edition - Launch Title
Cosmonious High - Launch Title?
Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue - Cross Buy - Launch Title?
Pistol Whip VR - Free Upgrade
Zenith: The Last City - Launch title, free upgrade
After The Fall
Tentacular - Launch Title?

I guess everything that says pre-orders starts November 15 are launch titles?

Nice to see something listed as a free upgrade. Hope that trend continues.

Streaming two of the indie games that came out today in Shatter Remastered Deluxe and Tanuki Sunset, for those that want to see them in action.

Edit: Here's the archive for Shatter Remastered Deluxe and Tanuki Sunset.

Shatter is as good as it was on the PS3. A great spin on the Arkanoid clone genre with the blow and suck mechanics, physics on some of the blocks, and the various stage shapes to keep it fresh throughout the campaign. Definitely worth the $10.

Tanuki Sunset is a longboarding game with chill vibes to it. Unfortunately, it doesn't feature a Tanuki, but a racoon named Tanuki that is a big black eye for the game. Other than that, it's a fun time as it is kind of a runner-style skateboarding game where you ride your board down linear winding tracks, collecting bits to spend on new cosmetic items for your racoon. You get some simple tricks to perform when hitting a ramp and points for close passes of vehicles, drifting around corners, and for grinding the edge of the track. Despite the one big issue, it's a good game that does the one thing it does pretty well.

Sorry if this is a dumb questions, but do PS gift cards/digital codes expire? Bought a digital code but didn’t realize I can’t any more funds to my wallet. Wondering if it’s worth it to keep getting codes with the GameStop double dip and just saving them or not

Sorry if this is a dumb questions, but do PS gift cards/digital codes expire? Bought a digital code but didn’t realize I can’t any more funds to my wallet. Wondering if it’s worth it to keep getting codes with the GameStop double dip and just saving them or not
There should be no expiration date, but once activated there is always the small chance someone brute forces your code. Pretty unlikely, but I don't like to leave my codes unredeemed for too long.

Sell them to me for 20% off

But to answer your question, no they do not expire. There was a period earlier this year I had about 5 gift cards from buying one a month because I was wallet capped I never redeemed them. Finally did and had no issues.

bread's done
Back