Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I got my email invitation to order a psvr2. It’s just like the ps5 invites they’ve sent out where it’s a unique link per person but is also not a guarantee of availability. I was definitely going to try to order if the price was announced lower, but now I’m on the fence. I keep seeing things that renew my excitement for it. But then I remind myself that psvr1 had both a redesign and price cuts what feels like not a long time after launch. In these crazy days of inflation and the quest 2 actually getting a price INCREASE two years after release, who knows what will happen.

I’m curious to hear what some of you think about the upcoming psvr2 in general and what you think of the asking price
I got the email invite on Nov 2nd but I am going to use my Gamestop credit to buy PSVR2 when the price comes down and more of the games I already own get a BC patch. That price tag with none of my PSVR1 games working makes zero sense to buy it now.

No Black Friday thread this year? Was always the highlight of my month lol
Still a bit early for the spreadsheet though, no? Have any retailers actually had their ads leaked yet? I know many are running that BS "deals all month long" which imho translates to: "there aren't going to be that many sales/price drops this year so we're going to try and trick you into thinking there are by spreading 'sales' out over a month."

Still a bit early for the spreadsheet though, no? Have any retailers actually had their ads leaked yet? I know many are running that BS "deals all month long" which imho translates to: "there aren't going to be that many sales/price drops this year so we're going to try and trick you into thinking there are by spreading 'sales' out over a month."
That’s what’s annoying me especially when these early deals are so trash. Just wanna see the ads already so I can plan out what and where to buy stuff from and not deal with returning

😔 trying to play Ragnarok... ps5 dropping dualsense connection, lagging, just popped up too many usb devices. Even when none connected. I just wanted to hang with Kratos....

😔 trying to play Ragnarok... ps5 dropping dualsense connection, lagging, just popped up too many usb devices. Even when none connected. I just wanted to hang with Kratos....
What? I was playing nba 2k then all of a sudden my dualsense controller kept flashing and no buttons worked. Turned on my other controller it did the same thing. Had to turn off my ps5 now the controllers working fine lol

What? I was playing nba 2k then all of a sudden my dualsense controller kept flashing and no buttons worked. Turned on my other controller it did the same thing. Had to turn off my ps5 now the controllers working fine lol
I've restarted so many times I gave up. Getting close to factory resetting the turd. Ps5 os is a buggy mess. I thought maybe some console update jacked it up, but I was playing fine a few hours ago. Nothing has changed.

Haven't been around in this thread lately, but BF looming has brought me back. I want LoU Remake but there's no way I'm spending over $30. My fingers crossed it gets down to that or lower. It's about the only game I have in mind (other than a few Switch games) this year.

(A $15 or less copy of Ghostwire Tokyo would be amazing as well.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't been around in this thread lately, but BF looming has brought me back. I want LoU Remake but there's no way I'm spending over $30. My fingers crossed it gets down to that or lower. It's about the only game I have in mind (other than a few Switch games) this year.

(A $15 or less copy of Ghostwire Tokyo would be amazing as well.)
Zero chance LOU remake hits 30

This is why all controllers should use AA batteries
I made the mistake of buying a used PS5 controller from Best Buy. I do not use my PS5 for more than housing my dust collection most of the time but when I was playing I soon realized my controller was running out of juice after two hours. Took longer to charge than it lasted. I thought about buying a replacement battery and going through that hassle, but I just bought a new purple controller instead.

That is why they should all take AA batteries, with the option (for those who like being tethered to their console) if a battery pack. Options are always good.

I made the mistake of buying a used PS5 controller from Best Buy. I do not use my PS5 for more than housing my dust collection most of the time but when I was playing I soon realized my controller was running out of juice after two hours. Took longer to charge than it lasted. I thought about buying a replacement battery and going through that hassle, but I just bought a new purple controller instead.

That is why they should all take AA batteries, with the option (for those who like being tethered to their console) if a battery pack. Options are always good.
Getting a charging dock trust me. It’s funny to me that my controllers die about 2 hours later after it notifies me it on low battery. With a charging dock, the other controller charges while ur using the other and it’s not taking up too much space in the room either plus no messy cables lying around

Charging docks have nothing to do with the controllers sucking for the last 3+ console generations battery life wise. It'd help if we could turn off the shitty light bars and other features that no one uses or cares about.

Also super dumb to say "no more messy cables laying around" when charging docks aren't wireless. Additionally you'd need to find an outlet for it unless you are plugged into the system itself so it does not make any difference unless you are charging 2 controller at a time and use a 3rd.

I'd much rather go back to rechargeable AA since I never had to charge those as often.

yeah, the lack of being able to easily replace the battery keeps me from buying more than 2 ps5 controllers. I still haven't opened the 2nd controller yet.

yeah, the lack of being able to easily replace the battery keeps me from buying more than 2 ps5 controllers. I still haven't opened the 2nd controller yet.
I've only thought about buying additional especially the colored variations on awd when they were on sale for below 40. Since it's always nice to have cheap replacement backups.

Charging docks have nothing to do with the controllers sucking for the last 3+ console generations battery life wise. It'd help if we could turn off the shitty light bars and other features that no one uses or cares about.

Also super dumb to say "no more messy cables laying around" when charging docks aren't wireless. Additionally you'd need to find an outlet for it unless you are plugged into the system itself so it does not make any difference unless you are charging 2 controller at a time and use a 3rd.

I'd much rather go back to rechargeable AA since I never had to charge those as often.
Oh they definitely sucked especially last gen. This gen tho it hasn’t been a problem for me I guess cuz I have 2 charging docks and 5 controllers now. I just dimmed the touch bar light and weakened the trigger/vibration too I think and it usually lasts me about 7 hrs or so. I’m aware that this is probably just me since I have a surge protector where I can plug in a lot of stuff like charging docks and the wires go through the back of my tv stand

Had a purchase refunded a couple of weeks ago with no problems and I got points for the purchase today out of nowhere. I had enough to get the $5 reward, so I did it while the points were there. I like that they just put the $5 on my account instead of giving me a code.

I figure the subscription cards are going to dry up.  Sony doesn't even sell them anymore, do they?  It's all dollar amount cards, since those are harder to discount.

This is why all controllers should use AA batteries
Screenshot-2022-11-11-8-42-10-PM.png

I'm streaming some Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration for those that want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. I mostly checked out the Atari Jaguar and Lynx stuff, which isn't a great selection since I'm assuming a lot of the better stuff on those systems were from third parties. At least Lynx has a Super Asteroids and Super Missile Command game that seems solid and Jaguar has Tempest 2000 for that era 90s Jeff Minter 64 bit madness that is more subtle than his later works. You can see what a non-mainstream console and handheld were capable of in the era of the Game Boy/Game Gear and the late SNES/Genesis era just before the PlayStation, Saturn, and N64 came in to show what 3D gaming was capable of doing. There are no rewinds for this collection, but you do get a save state to work with. 

The real treat is all of the supplemental material, like the very 90s magazine ads for Lynx/Jaguar and various other marketing materials. There are video interviews with key figures in and around Atari about various parts of their story. It's just a good collection for learning more about the Atari brand and how it changed over the past 50 years with plenty of their games to check out, plus a handful of new games.

He's probably referring to me. Anytime I post anything that's negative about Sony, it's like I killed his puppies.
My PS5 made a noise HEEEEEELLLLP! Water is wet HEEEEEEELLLLP!!!! I'm at McDonalds and can't watch videos on my PS5 web browser. Sony needs to fix this. HEEEELLLLP!!!

I got my email invitation to order a psvr2. It’s just like the ps5 invites they’ve sent out where it’s a unique link per person but is also not a guarantee of availability. I was definitely going to try to order if the price was announced lower, but now I’m on the fence. I keep seeing things that renew my excitement for it. But then I remind myself that psvr1 had both a redesign and price cuts what feels like not a long time after launch. In these crazy days of inflation and the quest 2 actually getting a price INCREASE two years after release, who knows what will happen.

I’m curious to hear what some of you think about the upcoming psvr2 in general and what you think of the asking price
Interesting, they're not supposed to be until the 15th i thought. Doesn't bode well for me I guess.

Price-wise I think $1k is perfect for a digital combo pack. Puts it right there against the Index for price overall which makes the box price ok. I wish it was a different pack in game as I'm not a big fan of Horizon but it'll be beautiful.

bread's done
Back