Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Anything I'm doing wrong with sound for my PS5? I discovered the AV Amplifier setting and that does make a world of difference. My test game in this case is Dirt 5. I have it on Series X and PS5 hooked up to the same system and it's a lot less engaging playing of PS5. I have my nice new PS5 wheel and it's a letdown from playing on the PC in my office to the better Atmos system(soundbar with rear upfiring surrounds) in the living room. Is there another setting I'm missing? 

For PSVR2 my plan is going to be use my PC headset that has a 3.5 jack and just keep a battery pack for the usb port.

Anything I'm doing wrong with sound for my PS5? I discovered the AV Amplifier setting and that does make a world of difference. My test game in this case is Dirt 5. I have it on Series X and PS5 hooked up to the same system and it's a lot less engaging playing of PS5. I have my nice new PS5 wheel and it's a letdown from playing on the PC in my office to the better Atmos system(soundbar with rear upfiring surrounds) in the living room. Is there another setting I'm missing?

For PSVR2 my plan is going to be use my PC headset that has a 3.5 jack and just keep a battery pack for the usb port.
What do you have your output set to on the ps5? LPCM, dolby, or dts? What soundbar are you using?

Trying to gather opinions on the best option to expand the PS5's memory. Already perused the websites screaming about the "best SSD for PS5" several times and got some front runners in mind, but would like to have the thoughts of any folks who've actually bit the bullet and installed a 2TB SSD in their system already.

Just would like to know: What brand/model? How much was it? How's it working?

Input would be appreciated.

I bought ADATA - XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade 2TB Internal SSD PCIe Gen 4 x4 with Heatsink for PS5 for $266.00 including tax.

It was a good one recommended by a couple of sites at the time.

I had to attach the heatsink myself but it was included in the box.

It was super easy to do and install the SSD. Hardest part was getting the plates off the PS5.

Worked like a charm. No issues after one year.

What do you have your output set to on the ps5? LPCM, dolby, or dts? What soundbar are you using?
LPCM, Samsung Q900A with I think 9500S rears.

That Ozzy spot is the definition of lame.

Running Sabrent Rocket 1TB, PS5 says it's close on spec, I paid $80.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if anyone can answer this question from experience, but I figure it’s worth an ask. With the PS+ Premium tier (slowly) adding PS1 and PS2 classics, I’ve noticed that Sony is giving players the option of buying the games a la carte for $9.99-$14.99 on the PS5 Store, as opposed to locking them exclusively behind the service. Additionally, for players who have previously purchased these games in the past, they show up available for immediate download without any additional cost.

Looking at the recent additions, I saw Syphon Filter 1-3 are all available now. Each game on the PS5 PS Store is priced at $9.99 for players wanting to purchase them outright. However, I was on my PS3 earlier this morning, and I popped onto the store there to look at the selection and pricing of the classic games. In doing so, it would appear most PS1 Classics were/are priced at $5.99 apiece. Syphon Filter 1-3 are $5.99 apiece there, which brings me to my question. If a PS1 classic is purchased today on the PS3 store for the reduced price, does it still trigger the subsequent unlock that seems to be happening for players who have previously purchased these classics? If so, that could be a way to get a solid discount from what Sony’s asking on the PS5 store (for people who want to buy the games, instead of subscribing to the service).

Just curious if anyone has already tested this in the months since the PS+ Premium tier has gone live, and whether it’s a viable/unintended loophole.

LPCM, Samsung Q900A with I think 9500S rears.

That Ozzy spot is the definition of lame.

Running Sabrent Rocket 1TB, PS5 says it's close on spec, I paid $80.
I would switch to Dolby and see how that goes, LPCM can sometimes only output stereo. Can always switch back if that isn't the issue.

Is anyone having issues getting the previously purchased PS1 on PS3/PSP games free that was released today on PSN. Legend of Dragoon and Harvest Moon: Back to nature I was able to get added to my account for free but Wild Arms 2 is not a free redeemable (despite having purchased it on PS3 back in the day)

Is anyone having issues getting the previously purchased PS1 on PS3/PSP games free that was released today on PSN. Legend of Dragoon and Harvest Moon: Back to nature I was able to get added to my account for free but Wild Arms 2 is not a free redeemable (despite having purchased it on PS3 back in the day)
I have the same issue--I expect it to be resolved later in the week because something similar happened for a past game and it was eventually fixed.

Trying to gather opinions on the best option to expand the PS5's memory. Already perused the websites screaming about the "best SSD for PS5" several times and got some front runners in mind, but would like to have the thoughts of any folks who've actually bit the bullet and installed a 2TB SSD in their system already.

I'm using the Crucial P5 Plus 2TB with a PNY PS5 heat sink. It was $150 when I bought it, but it was on sale a couple days ago for $123 on Amazon. No issues. I think any Gen4 drive is going to work fine in the PS5. Long term reliability may come into play depending on the manufacturer.

Like AoA said before I use the ADATA - XPG GAMMIX S70 Blade 2TB Internal SSD PCIe Gen 4 x4 but I got the Sabrent M.2 NVMe PS5 heatsink and it has worked great.

Paid $250 a year ago and it is down to $180 on Amazon right now. And $20 for the heatsink.

Legend of Dragoon is $9.99 on PS5. Totally worth it imo. But I turned on my PS3 and bought the PS1 classic version from there for $5.99 and it unlocked the PS4/5 version. Good way to save a few bucks if you want. Don't know if they will close that loophole.

Also having the issue redeeming Wild Arms 2. I definitely have owned it for years on PS3. Hope they fix it soon.

Legend of Dragoon is $9.99 on PS5. Totally worth it imo. But I turned on my PS3 and bought the PS1 classic version from there for $5.99 and it unlocked the PS4/5 version. Good way to save a few bucks if you want. Don't know if they will close that loophole.

Also having the issue redeeming Wild Arms 2. I definitely have owned it for years on PS3. Hope they fix it soon.
I just powered up my Vita and verified that I owned Wild Arms 2 already, so I'll be waiting on getting that resolved.

Like you, I kind of want to go back into the old stores and see what other RPG's I may want to buy at the lower PS3/Vita prices just to ensure I have them in my library for a lower cost.

The PS+ Game Catalog is live now:

Extra/Premium

PS4/PSVR Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

PS5/PS4 Borderlands 3

PS4 Earth Defense Force 5

PS5/PS4 The Forgotten City

PS5/PS4 Horizon Forbidden West

PS4 I Am Setsuna

PS4 Lost Sphear

PS4 Oninaki

PS5/PS4 Outriders

PS5/PS4 The Quarry (PS5/PS4)

PS4/PSVR Resident Evil 7 biohazard

PS5/PS4 Scarlet Nexus

PS4/PSVR Tekken 7

Premium

PS4 Destroy All Humans!

PS5/PS4 Harvest Moon: Back to Nature - Free if you owned it on PS3/PSP/Vita

PS5/PS4 The Legend of Dragoon - Free if you owned it on PS3/PSP/Vita

PS5/PS4 Wild Arms 2

Free DLC for these games:

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown

Tekken 7

In what may be a first since PS Now was PS3 games-only, all the Extra/Premium games added today are available for streaming (not including PS5 versions). That helps a lot with saving hard drive space.

Gimme my metal gear games then I’ll be happy. I am pretty busy with hogwarts legacy atm though.. professor howin will never believe this

PSVR2 games that are out now:

2MD: VR Football Unleashed - $14.99 - $3.99 upgrade

After the Fall: Complete Edition - $29.99 - $25.49 - DE $39.99 - $33.99 - Free upgrade, I think

Altair Breaker - $29.99

Awesome Asteroids - $7.99 - $6.39

Cave Digger 2: Dig Harder - $24.99 - Free upgrade

Cities VR: Enhanced Edition - $29.99

Cosmonius High - $29.99

Demeo - $39.99

Drums Rock - $19.99

Dyschronia: Chronos Alternate - $19.99

Fantavision 202X - $29.99

Garden of the Sea - $24.99

Gran Turismo 7 - $69.99

Horizon Call of the Mountain - $59.99

Job Simulator - $19.99 - Free upgrade

Jurassic World Aftermath Collection - $29.99

Kayak VR: Mirage - $22.99

Kizuna AI: Touch the Beat! - $34.99

The Last Clockwinder - Out at 8 AM ET/5 AM PT

Les Mills BodyCombat - $29.99

The Light Brigade - $24.99

Moss - $19.99

Moss: Book II - $29.99

NFL Pro Era - $29.99 - Free upgrade

Pavlov - $24.99

Pistol Whip - $29.99 - $26.99 - Free upgrade

Puzzling Places - $19.99 - Free upgrade

Resident Evil Village - $39.99 - Free VR Mode DLC

Rez Infinite - $29.99 - $9.99 upgrade

Runner - $14.99

Song in the Smoke: Rekindled - $29.99 - Free upgrade

Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge Enhanced Edition - $49.99

Startenders: Intergalactic Bartending - $14.99 - Free upgrade

Swordsman VR - $19.99

The Tale of Onogoro - $34.99

Tentacular - $24.99
Tetris Effect Connected - $39.99 - $9.99 upgrade

Thumper - $19.99 - $4.99 upgrade

Townsmen VR - $39.99

Unplugged: Air Guitar - $24.99

Vacation Simulator - $29.99 - Free upgrade

What the Bat? - $24.99 - $19.99

Zenith: The Last City - $29.99 - Free upgrade

Zombieland: Headshot Fever Reloaded - $24.99

Demos

Cosmonious High

Horizon Call of the Mountain

NFL Pro Era

Puzzling Places

Resident Evil Village VR Mode

Song in the Smoke: Rekindled

Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy's Edge

Free DLC

Altair Breaker

I'll add more as it shows up.

Legend of dragoon is free if you already bought it during ps3/psp/psvita. I am hearing rumors if you buy it off the vita store you will get it for free on ps4/ps5 to save yourself the 4 dollars.

Legend of dragoon is free if you already bought it during ps3/psp/psvita. I am hearing rumors if you buy it off the vita store you will get it for free on ps4/ps5 to save yourself the 4 dollars.
I never purchased this game before and it still shows up for FREE with for me. Might be worth clicking the link for it posted above even if you have not bought it on other consoles.

Heads-up for anyone interested in starting The Legend of Dragoon: The game apparently softlocks if you transform into a dragoon and do any attack. Also, audio issues occur (especially with the sound effects when performing Additions) if you play for an extended period of time, though this can be fixed by closing out the game and restarting it.

Heads-up for anyone interested in starting The Legend of Dragoon: The game apparently softlocks if you transform into a dragoon and do any attack. Also, audio issues occur (especially with the sound effects when performing Additions) if you play for an extended period of time, though this can be fixed by closing out the game and restarting it.
This doesn't surprise me given how bad compatibility is with sony ps1/2 games and new hardware.

I never purchased this game before and it still shows up for FREE with for me. Might be worth clicking the link for it posted above even if you have not bought it on other consoles.
Yeah it's worth going through the cross buy list as I didn't purchase a number of titles that are available listed as purchased and free to download on there for the ps1/2 and such catelog of titles they added to premium and such. But there are also games like rose in the twilight sp? and hotline miami and such that I did purchase that aren't letting me get them. Miami does let me click the download button but then it says error.

Minute of Islands is on sale for 5.99 via plus for ps4/5. The adventure time like art style was good enough to purchase it even if its supposedly a very short platformer at around 5 hours with minimal story. 

Still has the best easter egg in any game I have ever played. Anyone who went for the platinum would know!

U:GA that is.

My PSVR2 livestream is now live if you want to see some of the games I have in action.

Edit: I'll post links in the morning when the videos are live. Here are some thoughts for now.

Cosmonious High is a fun continuation of the general ideas of Job and Vacation Simulator, but with actual characters and story going on between your VR physics interactions. This might not have been a great game to start with since I kept fumbling with the controls, but the game isn't always great about letting you know what to do if you're not paying 100% attention to the characters talking. It has a lot of fun puzzles and such around the place in the hallways, classrooms, and I assume other areas that you'll figure out as you explore and unlock more abilities.

Kayak VR: Mirage is a game that can trigger your VR nausea sensors quickly with the constant movement, but once I got through the tutorial, it wasn't too bad. I hope it gets better as I get my VR legs built back up. I'm guessing the races are going to be the most triggering parts of the game, so the freeroam and tour modes for each area might be better for getting used to the game. This one seems to have a good amount of accessibility options to flip on or tweak and see how you feel before reverting them. If you want a chill time, the tour just lets you float through the area and enjoy the views that they have to offer.

What the Bat? is very much like What the Golf? as a physics baseball puzzle game where you're plopped into an area and figure out what you have to do to complete the goal. Usually, you're hitting a ball or something at a trophy that's hanging around somewhere, but many of the stages I saw got weird to use the bat hands you possess to do some neat stuff. Probably the easiest game to play from everything I played tonight.

Rez Infinite is the same game that helped launch PSVR, but prettier and with eye tracking support to let you do a bit of the cursor control with your eyes. The only limitation of the eye tracking is that there's not much fidelity in its controls, but it works fine with head movement for locking onto enemies and items. You get a lot of vibration out of the Sense controllers and the headset with this game, which adds to the feel of the game. PS4/PSVR saves carry over, so you can get a lot of easy trophies and/or continue where you left off.

2MD VR Football Unleashed All Star is a nice upgrade to the original game as a casual football game for VR. The main menu area is a bit overwhelming with several ways to get into games, so you kind of need to pay attention to the coach that is the tutorial. Throwing the football around works fine most of the time. I don't know if my bad throws are because of me or my need to adjust my QB's height or something since your lineman and the defenders are so big that it's hard to see around them. I'm curious to try out the demo for NFL Pro Era to see how that compares. If you had it on PSVR, the $4 upgrade is a pretty easy sell.

Minute of Islands is on sale for 5.99 via plus for ps4/5. The adventure time like art style was good enough to purchase it even if its supposedly a very short platformer at around 5 hours with minimal story.
Had not heard of this game, but now have it in my wishlist for the next time it goes on sale. Thanks for mentioning!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1628636472395071488?t=nozv42fN8GUlvsaJ3MPGpw&s=19
It's crazy how we're FINALLY getting discounted SSDs now. 1TB was $80 the other day and now we have a 2TB for $160.

The colluding memory manufacturers finally had to come down on their pricing apparently.

I'd likely recommend the 2TB if you can opt for that. The game installs are just getting really big with some being over 100 gig or just a bit under it. The HD assets are just big space hogs nowadays. I have a 2 TB one myself and it's doing good for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGkP6D5lJcw

State of Play has begun.

Summary

• The Foglands - PSVR2 - 2023
  • Green Hell VR - PSVR2 - 2023
  • Synapse - PSVR2 - 2023
  • Journey to Foundation - PSVR2 - Autumn 2023
  • Before Your Eyes - PSVR2 - 3/10
  • Destiny 2: Lightfall - PS5/PS4 - 2/28
  • Tchia - PS5/PS4 - 3/21 - PS+ Extra/Premium at launch
  • Humanity - PS5/PS4/PSVR/PSVR2 - May 2023 - Demo Out Today
  • Goodbye Volcano High - PS5/PS4 - 6/15