Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
That State of Play was not great. Even the PS+ games were pretty meh compared to recent offerings. Good for me though, as I’m still trekking away at Hogwarts Legacy.

Another State of Play

Another non existent Metal Gear Announcement

Also, now that the Dualsense Edge is available at major retailers, I was thinking about grabbing one.  Anyone have any input on it?  How is the battery life?  I hear its bad but I am curious HOW bad it really is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Streaming some Like a Dragon: Ishin! if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Played through most of the intro that's very similar to what the Yakuza games have done before, so lots of story cutscenes and tutorials. They give you all of the stances very quickly and let you start leveling them up right away, so that feels better than the usual way they dole that stuff out.

Low expectations for this state of play and they didn’t even meet them. Could have easily been a blog post for the new VR games and per usual trend it’s only capcom content that makes it worth even a video.

Another State of Play

Another non existent Metal Gear Announcement

Also, now that the Dualsense Edge is available at major retailers, I was thinking about grabbing one. Anyone have any input on it? How is the battery life? I hear its bad but I am curious HOW bad it really is.
Anything with vibration and haptics it is 3-4 hours, if all that is off maybe 6. Pretty shit tier honestly.

What’s a good monitor for ps5 ? I currently have a 1440p dell 165hz that supports vrr on my series x…does not support vrr on my ps5 tho. Pretty confused about it all.

Wo long demo goes live tomorrow?
where you heard that

Edit:looked it up and it's available now apparently

Edit:downloaded it and it was the 1st demo that cant be played so I wasted my time but just looked again and theres the 2nd one looked just like it. They need to remove demos that has limited time and cant be played.

I'm streaming some more PSVR2 stuff:

No Man's Sky

The Light Brigade

Tetris Effect Connected

Thumper

I'll do the other games I have tomorrow afternoon, which should include GT7, Job/Vacation Simulator, and that Cactus game.

Edit: While the videos for the last three games on the list are uploading, I'll post impressions of all four.

No Man's Sky is a great VR version for PSVR2. They've overhauled a lot of what I remember from the bits of the game I played in PSVR and it feels a lot more natural with the Sense controllers and the added stability of the PS5 version to base it on. I had no issues moving around without any nausea issues as you have generous teleport capabilities and full 360 movement. You navigate your inventory and quick menu stuff from your offhand glove, which is like what Cosmonious High does. The issues I had was somewhat inconsistent ability to pull out my mining gun from my back, so I'm not sure what I was doing wrong. The menu stuff can be hard to see since the glove menus are just hovering above  it and not stationary, plus some of the in-world menus hovering above your material crafter and machines around the world can spawn menus inside of them to make it hard to see what you're doing. The pause menu for quests, tutorials, and all that is just stationary in the world, but not anything else. Those are relatively small issues and I'm guessing they'll get addressed in updates over time, so the rest of what I experienced was absolutely above my expectations for this game in PSVR2.

Thumper is pretty much the same game as on PSVR, so you'll know whether the $5 upgrade is for you. It pulls in the PS4 save, so you can unlock the same trophies as before and continue where you left off. It's still a great game and worth it for rhythm game fans that want a more intense game to challenge them.

The Light Brigade much like No Man's Sky really surprised me. This is a roguelite shooter where you are more realistically handling guns with a Batman-style belt for storing ammo, a handful of items, and a few other things that I'm not sure what they are for just yet. I'm not used to the gun handling yet, but it is a handful as you have to manage your ammo to know when you throw a clip away and put in a new one to get ready for more combat. You can use both hands to steady your aim and aim down the sight for your best chance at nailing the shot, which I'm definitely not good at yet. You can pick up some guns that enemies drop when they die, which can save you ammo for a bit since they're not refillable. There are lots of pickups around the world including chests you can open and pots you can smash or shoot to get the gold, ammo, or whatever the XP is called. At the end of each area when you've cleared out all enemies, it has you deposit that XP to level up your class and you can start to see the longer upgrade game in the camp. It has a lot of options for making the controls work for you and I found a good set-up that isn't too nausea-inducing for me with a lot of skipping and teleporting for my movement options.

Tetris Effect Connected, much like Thumper and Rez Infinite, are basic ports with good upgrades for PS5 that are worth the fees if you want a prettier version to enjoy in and out of the headset. This release/update adds a few more modes for the leaderboard modes, which also support the PS5 system level leaderboards so that everybody can see how poorly you do in the various modes.

I like Crucial, but being how much the NVME drives have dropped you're better off getting the Samsung 2TB with heat sink.  I had that Crucial drive before i swapped to the Samsung.

I like Crucial, but being how much the NVME drives have dropped you're better off getting the Samsung 2TB with heat sink. I had that Crucial drive before i swapped to the Samsung.
One warning I keep reading is to stay away from Samsung nvme right now. Apparently they have a firmware issue and the drive kills itself. I have both a FireCuda 530 and a new western digital 850X. No issues at all and no trash talking online about them as well.

I have a 2TB XPG Gammix S70 Blade (Wario64 posts about these a lot when they get sales) and it works fine. I haven't noticed any errors so far at least.

Interesting. I hadn't heard about it, but the 980 Pros have a bug that sets them to read-only (there's a firmware fix), and the 990 Pros have a quick degrading bug that fully mitigated yet.

One warning I keep reading is to stay away from Samsung nvme right now. Apparently they have a. As firmware issue and the drive kills itself. I have both a FireCuda 530 and a new western digital 850X. No issues at all and no trash talking online about them as well.
Why the hell I said Samsung I dunno lmao I have a WD Black. Holy shit I need sleep

Crucial is a Micron brand, one of the biggest and best memory manufacturers out there.  I have the P5 Plus in my PS5.  Haven’t had any issues.

I have the Samsung 980 Pro and haven't had an issue yet. I did have to update the firmware to get the full advertised speed.
It's a bug that sets your whole drive to read-only. It doesn't really affect the speed.

Edit: I mean, I guess it does, when your write speed becomes literally 0... because you can't write to it.

I currently have the crucial X6 external SSD. Bought it last year but it's not compatible if I plug it in the back with an adapter. Keeps telling me it's unplugging and PS5 gets mad. I had problems with the first one so this is the second one after I sent the first one back. Every once in awhile while I'm playing a game, it will crash and I will get the error that the SSD has been removed but for the most part it works fine. I'd rather get an internal though obviously. Prices seem to be coming down so that's a good sign. I might jump on this crucial deal and then sell my external.

Interesting. I hadn't heard about it, but the 980 Pros have a bug that sets them to read-only (there's a firmware fix), and the 990 Pros have a quick degrading bug that fully mitigated yet.
Looks like it's the 2TB model of the 980 Pro people have been reporting issues with (although I did read an article that said the 1TB could be vulnerable to it as well, but I saw tons of people reporting 2TB failures online and zero 1TB reports).

The firmware fix has been out for over a year now, so anyone who bought a 2TB within the last year and updated it is probably good. I was reading quite a few people who saw the story and updated their 2TBs to the latest firmware just to have the drive fail immediately afterward though, which is kind of scary.

Hmmm...  I have a Samsung 980 Pro in both my PS5 and my PC.  My PC drive has the unaffected firmware version (5B2QGXA7) and I have no idea how to determine the firmware version of the one in my PS5 other than taking it out and hooked it up to my PC, but neither drive have given me any problems in all this time.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/ps5-install-m2-ssd/#min
This page has all the requirements and installation instructions. The ps5 m.2 has a read speed of 5500MB/s and it is recommended that you get a second drive that matches or exceeds that. The one in your link was significantly below (3500MB/s), as are many other drives that come in cheaper than the ones that have been recommended in the last few days.

I have the 980 pro 2tb. How do u update it? Maybe I already did update it before installing it. I bought it around black friday
You'd have to pull it out, put it in a computer, and use Samsung Magician. My computer is old and doesn't have an M.2 slot, so I had to use a PCIe adapter to do it.

The reality is, as of right know, even "unsupported" ssds will do just fine:

DF: Can the Slowest PS5 SSD Upgrade Run Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWQs4UpiKlg

They suggest going for the cheapest one you can find, within reason:

https://www.eurogamer.net/digitalfoundry-best-ssds-for-ps5

Hey everyone! Forgive me for not going through the thread, but is there any deals or recommendations for PS Plus Extra? Just cancelled Premium (expires in a couple of weeks).

Hey everyone! Forgive me for not going through the thread, but is there any deals or recommendations for PS Plus Extra? Just cancelled Premium (expires in a couple of weeks).
You should have bought another year a couple of months ago when it was on sale in the playstation store. I think Costco sells a $100 psn card for 89.99.

Wo Long demo impressions after beating 1st mission:

First of all I haven't played Nioh except for a demo or beta of the first many years ago. This is a kind of fast paced souls like with samurai and mythical creatures and such. The difficulty even for basic fodder enemies can be higher, as they can deal a lot of damage. The exploration of the 1st mission was extremely boring, but it was there. Mainly you go off the beaten path to get some loot, hopefully some equipment.

The combat system is very fast and generally can feel chaotic at times. You need to learn how to parry otherwise you'll get punished by everything. Enemies have these charge up red attacks that can't be blocked and should be avoided or parried. There is a dodge as well but it's more of a weird jump roll thing to the side. These are good for avoiding projectile attacks. You mainly use light attacks that generate spirit, which then can be used for spirit attacks for more damage with the other attack button. There are some abilities that are alright, and some magic that was mainly junk for the build I had at the beginning of the game. Usually battles are good, but the bosses may make you want to bang your head against the wall.

Specifically for bosses you have to learn their attacks, learn how to parry and sometimes dodge the attacks and when you can attack. This is fine, but I was infuriated with the first boss. It has a lot of health and if you get hit half your HP may be lost. You have the game equivalent of flasks to heal, but it was barely enough unless I had a perfect fight. I did scream out loud a bit in anger with how long it took for me to beat said boss, which also unlocks the demo unique completion item for the full game. It took me about 45 minutes and 20ish tries.

The graphics are relatively nice, but on performance mode for PS5 the jaggies are a bit too much, and some graphics just look muddled especially effects. The world is OK, as is the voice acting. The story seems really generic about some sorcerer guy and I guess the main guy is going for revenge or something. I'm not invested at all yet. It's all pretty average.

Frankly the thing that's most disappointing is that it doesn't feel like a samurai game at all. You look like samurai, you have weapons like samurai, but it's all fast and twitchy. It feels more like you're a ninja. I wasn't disappointed per say, but it feels a lot more generic than it should be.

I'm not really sure what I rate it. The combat is decent enough, as are the graphics and levels. I wasn't having a lot of fun, but it wasn't bad either. It feels more generic than it should be. I still feel it will be a game worth playing, but will be forgotten unlike some great Samurai games like Sekiro and Ghosts of Tsushima. Play the demo for sure to try to earn your equipment making you tear your hair out on the 1st boss. I'm likely still going to get it, but it doesn't seem like a must play. 7/10

I felt the same way too. I liked Nioh and Elden Ring but I just couldn't get into Wo Long. Was hoping the latest demo would change my mind from the first but it did not. I was not having fun at all.

Frankly the thing that's most disappointing is that it doesn't feel like a samurai game at all. You look like samurai, you have weapons like samurai, but it's all fast and twitchy. It feels more like you're a ninja.
I’d think it shouldn’t feel like a “samurai” or “ninja” game at all, it’s set in China and you’re playing a soldier.

I’d think it shouldn’t feel like a “samurai” or “ninja” game at all, it’s set in China and you’re playing a soldier.
It's China they have similar weapons but is different feel. They also was trying to make it different then nioh. Only samurai in China I know of is Zhou Tai from dynasty warriors which I dont know is accurate or not. Anyway game gonna be good, feels better then nioh slow pace non jumping no climbing etc... The guy apparently never played nioh series and apparently a souls game cause the bosses gonna be hard and you gonna die alot.

bread's done
Back