Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Has anyone seen any deals for a year subscription of PS Essential? Like a dumb*** I let my subscription expire without stacking a few years.

Has anyone seen any deals for a year subscription of PS Essential? Like a dumb*** I let my subscription expire without stacking a few years.
Same - mine is up in a few weeks, and I can’t stomach the full $99 for a year. Anyone use one of those sites that resale the codes? Eneba or whatever?

Same - mine is up in a few weeks, and I can’t stomach the full $99 for a year. Anyone use one of those sites that resale the codes? Eneba or whatever?
Used eneba 2 years ago and bought 2 years of PS+ without any issues. My sub ends next year and I need to figure out how to reup for the cheapest possible price.

Sony might have another sale in late November/early December like they did last year on PS plus services. Wait until then if you are able to. Combine that with 20% off PSN cards at Dollar General which usually also goes on sale and you can save a lot of money.

Just wrapped up Dredge. Everyone needs to play this game. Lovecraftian style fishing game can't recommend it enough.
I heard about it awhile back, then played the demo like a year ago. Was actually one of my more anticipated games for the past year. Bought it on release, and finished it in about 12.5 hours.

The full game is barely more fleshed out than the 2 hours I spent on the demo. The story is such a small part of it, and the fishing is extremely grindy if you want to fill up your encyclopedia. I expected a lot more personally.

Between this and Fishing Paradiso, I feel like Dredge is just that with walking simulator added in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a list of what PS1 classics are crossbuy on PS5?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably not. Easiest way is to just go through the ps1 list on ps4/5. Anything that isn't ff is usually fair game. I know wild arms 1 I got because I already have it on ps3.

I feel like we all know it but I would just like to say again fuck the PlayStation store customer service. They treat gamers like we’re children, refusing to follow their own stated policies.

I feel like we all know it but I would just like to say again fuck the PlayStation store customer service. They treat gamers like we’re children, refusing to follow their own stated policies.
I feel you and it is super frustrating. My only suggestion is to try again with another chat rep. I feel they really don’t know anything though and it’s just a crap shoot of who you get.

I had to do this to troubleshoot Haven because I bought it on PS5 when it was listed solely as an ps5 title, and they announced later/revamped it to be both PS5/PS4 dual purchase and I wanted to get my ps4 copy added to my account. I showed them the developers website announcing this and they said they couldn’t do anything to help me and one flat out told me “that’s not how buying items works”.

Turns out - I was able to get the ps4 version but I had to be logged into a ps4 to see that store and see it as free and then have it sync all up, and then on refresh of ps5 store it fixed. How they managed to botch so many store issues still baffles me especially when developers are saying “go ahead” etc.

Streaming some Tails of Iron, which is one of the new PS+ monthly games for April.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a good 2D Souls-lite game about a rat kingdom that is ransacked by evil frog warriors. It has a lot of the hallmarks of the Souls games, though removes a few things like stamina, enemies respawning when using save points, and complicated controls to make it a bit more approachable without being too hard. It even has difficulty modes for an even easier or harder experience if you want that, but the normal difficulty seems fine. It also doesn't seem like it's going to be that long to beat either.

Interesting, Sackboy is included according to the blog post.  Also, an important notice at the end:

As part of our normal content refresh, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Resident Evil, and NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 will be among some of the titles leaving the PlayStation Plus Game Catalog in May. Members with Game Catalog benefits can still play by May 15. You can always check the ‘Last chance to play section’ on the PlayStation Plus -> Collections page on the PS5 console, or PlayStation Plus -> Games -> Games Catalogue on the PS4 console for titles you might want to play before they leave the service.

For anyone who hasn't played it, Spider-Man is highly recommended.

Found this list on another site.  These are the games that leave the catalogue on May 15:

• Balan Wonderworld
  • Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon
  • Chronos: Before the Ashes
  • Deadlight: Director's Cut
  • Dreamfall Chapters
  • Flatout: Total Insanity
  • Graveyard Keeper
  • Homefront: The Revolution
  • How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance
  • Kona
  • Last Day of June
  • Left Alive: Day One Edition
  • Metro 2033 Redux
  • Metro Last Light Redux
  • Mighty No. 9
  • MX vs ATV All Out
  • NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Definite Edition
  • Pixel Piracy
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla Remastered
  • Relicta
  • Resident Evil
  • Shenmue III
  • Spider Man GOTY
  • Spider-Man
  • Star Ocean: First Departure R
  • This War of Mine: Little Ones
  • Tour de France 2021 PS4 and PS5
  • TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 2
  • Virginia: The Game
  • Windbound

Found this list on another site. These are the games that leave the catalogue on May 15:

• Balan Wonderworld
  • Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon
  • Chronos: Before the Ashes
  • Deadlight: Director's Cut
  • Dreamfall Chapters
  • Flatout: Total Insanity
  • Graveyard Keeper
  • Homefront: The Revolution
  • How to Survive: Storm Warning Edition
  • Kingdom Come Deliverance
  • Kona
  • Last Day of June
  • Left Alive: Day One Edition
  • Metro 2033 Redux
  • Metro Last Light Redux
  • Mighty No. 9
  • MX vs ATV All Out
  • NBA 2K Playgrounds 2
  • Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Definite Edition
  • Pixel Piracy
  • Red Faction: Guerrilla Remastered
  • Relicta
  • Resident Evil
  • Shenmue III
  • Spider Man GOTY
  • Spider-Man
  • Star Ocean: First Departure R
  • This War of Mine: Little Ones
  • Tour de France 2021 PS4 and PS5
  • TT Isle of Man: Ride on the Edge 2
  • Virginia: The Game
  • Windbound
So no Sackboy after all? Didn't it just get on the service anyway? I have played Shenmue 3, Kona and Spiderman. Never tried the first Resident Evil because of the camera/controls. What games on the list are must plays before they leave? I played Metro Exodus before it left earlier and enjoyed it despite all the talking so I will likely check out the Metro games. I didn't know it's a series.

So no Sackboy after all? Didn't it just get on the service anyway? I have played Shenmue 3, Kona and Spiderman. Never tried the first Resident Evil because of the camera/controls. What games on the list are must plays before they leave? I played Metro Exodus before it left earlier and enjoyed it despite all the talking so I will likely check out the Metro games. I didn't know it's a series.
That's the list of games leaving the service on May 15th. It looks like Sackboy is being added to PS+ Extra even though it is also a PS+ Essential title this month. I guess it will be good for people who join the service after April.

Yeah I’ve been eyeing a God of War: Ragnarok drop but at this point I’ll be playing it for free next year. The offerings have been really good. I am impressed. I’m tired of seeing games I own get added! But I’m impressed.

Decided to pick up the dlc for Graveyard Keeper since the game itself was free for me via the catalogue. I should be done with it by May 15th but good to know that is the cutoff for me.

The game itself is kind of fun but for all the talking in the beginning of the game they really don’t explain a whole lot. One quest led me to make something for somebody. They didn’t explain how, just what two ingredients I needed. Ended up finding out what table it was and I had the ingredients for it. I could make the table or the more improved table. Jumped straight to the improved table. Wrong choice. That one can’t make the item. Had to make the basic table too. Dumb move.

There’s more reason than ever to buy games. Subscription services are taking over, but they add and remove media willy nilly, and I don’t want to be told when I can and can’t play the games I feel like playing.
Yeah, like i like taking breaks. I started tales of arise I hit that half way point and put it down its been a month. Nioh games takes me years of on and off. I like to own and be able to play at my own pace. Me buying a cheap game means I'm still supporting.

There’s more reason than ever to buy games. Subscription services are taking over, but they add and remove media willy nilly, and I don’t want to be told when I can and can’t play the games I feel like playing.
I took it to mean that if you just wait, you can play most of the games that get released. Yes, certain games do leave but you usually have a long time to play them. I was patient with Forbidden West and I was rewarded as I was with other games too. I also have Game Pass so buying a game for PS5 or Xbox is now rarer and rarer for me. Usually just reserve those for GOTY editions which typically don't get put on those services. I am referring to Fallout 4 GOTY, Ass Creed Origins Gold, Far Cry with all the DLC. Games like that. I have also bought games that I loved while they were a free preview or on a sub service for a discount.

Wow just F***ing wow. The odds, so I was going to buy cris tales for $7.99 or whatever thought it was with the new deals. Was going to add $10 funds to use last few $ on gift card. My modem foe some odd reason went out for awhile. I chill and watched some videos til it came back then i did what I said and bought to buy it just to see it at full price. The odds of the internet going out right when going to do this and not back up when the deal is gone. WOW! I shouldve done it on my phone eh. Put $10 on account for nothing.

There is literally no reason to buy games.
When I was younger, a service like game pass or PS+ Extra or Premium would have been amazing. Now, my time is more limited, so if there is a game I want to play, I'm going to buy it and play it. I still think Extra is great, and I played a few games through there that I wouldn't have otherwise. I'll buy fewer games because of it, but I'm not swearing off buying games altogether.

I keep forgetting I have it because they took like 2 months to send the code, but I have a PS5 Callisto Protocol season pass for the first person that quotes me.

Edit: Code sent!

I keep forgetting I have it because they took like 2 months to send the code, but I have a PS5 Callisto Protocol season pass for the first person that quotes me.
That's a game I want to play but I don't currently own it but will in the future. If you only want to give it to someone that has the game then pass me by but if not I will take it.

When I was younger, a service like game pass or PS+ Extra or Premium would have been amazing. Now, my time is more limited, so if there is a game I want to play, I'm going to buy it and play it. I still think Extra is great, and I played a few games through there that I wouldn't have otherwise. I'll buy fewer games because of it, but I'm not swearing off buying games altogether.
i know exactly what you mean. I work 60 hours a week and I’m still gonna buy Diablo 4 day 1 I’m not gonna wait for it to be on gamepass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about buying the game this weekend but I definitely will if you still have the code. Any case thanks for being generous.

bread's done
Back