Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
Just buy and play the games you think you'll like. Most games have people who like them, no matter how mid other people say they are. The only games one could argue are truly bad are the ones that are universally panned, the ones that straight-up don't work, your Gollums and your Balan Wonderworlds and your Bubsy 3Ds. And even then, you'll find people hate playing them and loving it! Starfield is getting 7s from some major publications, but it's also getting 9s and 10s from others. I'm sure the real score is somewhere in the middle, but scores just don't matter. If a game looks fun to you, play it. If it doesn't, don't play it. Life is too short to argue about people's tastes in games. Just put the keyboard down and get back to gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
People say they want reviews when what they really want is reviews that exactly match their own feelings on a game but as soon as a review doesn't exactly match how they feel then the reviewers are trash, paid off, not real gamers, doing it for clicks. 

This dude wasn’t upset that it was scoring low. This dude was just trying to say people were putting the game down as if it were bad when it actually was getting as good of scores as many other great games.

This dude wasn’t upset that it was scoring low. This dude was just trying to say people were putting the game down as if it were bad when it actually was getting as good of scores as many other great games.
I understand, I hate when people act like a 7 is bad, A 7 is good, it's well above average. I'm a little biased because my husband has been looking forward to Starfield for years, so I want the game to do well, I want it to succeed. But, at the end of the day, I don't put much stock in review scores, good or bad. As long as a game isn't getting 1s and 2s across the board, I just don't pay attention to this crap. Play what you like, man. Screw everyone else.

I stole this from someone in the XBOX thread but this is a good deal for Playstation users too:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-collection-pandoras-box-gives-you-all-six-games-for-60-borderlands-3-also-coming-to-switch/1100-6517381/

• PlayStation - Those who own a digital or physical copy of Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for PS4, or a digital or physical copy of Borderlands 3 on PS4 or PS5, can complete the collection through in-game instructions in any of those titles.

I need a headset recommendation. I’ll be using Dell rewards, so my options are limited. In just a few days I’ll have enough points to pay for the Pulse 3d and Spiderman 2 with points alone (current balance of $61 and 10,500 points). Should I go this route, or put my rewards towards a different headset and not get the game? The other headsets I see are:
Logitech g435 lightspeed $80
Sony Pulse 3d $100
Turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2 $150
Steelseries arctics nova 7p $180
Jbl quantum 910p $225 (sale)
Atro a50 $280 (sale)
Arctics nova pro $350

<p>

I stole this from someone in the XBOX thread but this is a good deal for Playstation users too:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/borderlands-collection-pandoras-box-gives-you-all-six-games-for-60-borderlands-3-also-coming-to-switch/1100-6517381/

• PlayStation - Those who own a digital or physical copy of Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition or Borderlands: The Handsome Collection for PS4, or a digital or physical copy of Borderlands 3 on PS4 or PS5, can complete the collection through in-game instructions in any of those titles.
What does that mean price wise?

Edit: I found it, it’s $30 also, so for $8.39 you could buy Borderlands 3 and then $30 more you could get the whole package. $38.39 seems pretty good if you don’t own it already.

Cool but this dude is just mad because it’s scoring less than other games hence ignoring the score and just enjoy the game.
Incorrect.

Names have been changed to protect the innocent.

1: "Saw some Starfield gameplay. I'd be upset if I was hyped for this."

2: "Yeah, I'm upset. Reviews are putting it exactly where some great PlayStation games scored, so it's probably poop. /s

Still hyped. I'll probably like it. Everyone can have their own opinions though."

1: "It doesn't look like something for me, but I'll still try it out.

I don't think reviews really matter anyway."

2: "Sorry, the Internet piles on to stuff that doesn't review perfectly, yet it's scoring alongside stuff I like, so I'm sure it'll be fine."

1: "You're good. Critic sites are dumb."

Looks to me like 2 is saying, through sarcasm, that the game is scoring well and similarly to games that are 2's favorites.

So, the literal opposite of what you said, Mr. Stank.

Where the heck is the Resistance Trilogy remastered for ps5? Could that ever happen? I don't know about the licenses or Logistics of it all but man oh man I really want that trilogy remastered. It's awesome!

People say they want reviews when what they really want is reviews that exactly match their own feelings on a game but as soon as a review doesn't exactly match how they feel then the reviewers are trash, paid off, not real gamers, doing it for clicks.
As soon as IGN gives X game a 10/10. People will like them again.

While I get it that money talks and the reviewers need to make money somehow occasionally these things are true. Iirc kotaku is now only known for clickbait.

I need a headset recommendation. I’ll be using Dell rewards, so my options are limited. In just a few days I’ll have enough points to pay for the Pulse 3d and Spiderman 2 with points alone (current balance of $61 and 10,500 points). Should I go this route, or put my rewards towards a different headset and not get the game? The other headsets I see are:
Sony Pulse 3d $100
Atro a50 $280 (sale)
Arctics nova pro $350
None of those

Grab a pair of Audeze Maxwell's

360 "won" on this site back in the day, so most of the regulars have stayed in that ecosystem.

The PS thread also wasn't exactly welcoming to non-gaming discussion for a long time. It's a little looser now, but still iffy.

Too funny that on-topic honest discussion, opinions, and replies to genuine gaming subjects gets way more defensive and stupid here though.

Lots of people jump between threads with no ill intentions. Plenty are well off enough to own both consoles, and I think most of us are too old to care about stupid "my mega corp is better than yours" BS. We can still be critical of particulars either way.

But fuck all of you $ony $hills, Starfield dah [emoji238] no [emoji3449]
YOU'RE a little looser now and still iffy.

It should be noted that Bethesda and Microsoft blacklisted some sites and never sent them review copies. Kotaku and Eurogamer for example. The latter case is particularly egregious because they allowed Digital Foundry a review copy as long as it wasn’t shared with anyone else in Eurogamer. Kind of a crazy ask but they agreed.

So Starfield’s current metacritic score might change in the coming weeks, probably for the worse. This is Kotaku and Eurogamer after all. The people reviewing their games these days are weirdos who mostly play artsy-fartsy puzzle games or walking simulators, and whose sole reason for reviewing games is “giving a voice to the marginalized.” They will probably knock off a couple points from their scores if the female space pirates die in an overly sexualized manner, whatever that means.

Individual game reviews are a silly thing to take seriously anyway. Imagine marathoning a massive game like Starfield for a week or two and then rendering a judgement. There’s is no way that gameplay experience is going to be reflective of the average gamer’s playthrough. An aggregate of dozens of reviews is more interesting sure, but when people are debating about the margins between a metacritic score of 80 and one of 90… well I guess that’s our modern day equivalent of arguing over how many angels could dance on the head of a pin.

Either way, I look forward to playing the Starfield GotY edition with every patch and dlc included for like $20 a couple years from now. Even a mid Bethesda game can be an enjoyable timesink.

It should be noted that Bethesda and Microsoft blacklisted some sites and never sent them review copies. Kotaku and Eurogamer for example. The latter case is particularly egregious because they allowed Digital Foundry a review copy as long as it wasn’t shared with anyone else in Eurogamer. Kind of a crazy ask but they agreed.

So Starfield’s current metacritic score might change in the coming weeks, probably for the worse. This is Kotaku and Eurogamer after all. The people reviewing their games these days are weirdos who mostly play artsy-fartsy puzzle games or walking simulators, and whose sole reason for reviewing games is “giving a voice to the marginalized.” They will probably knock off a couple points from their scores if the female space pirates die in an overly sexualized manner, whatever that means.

Individual game reviews are a silly thing to take seriously anyway. Imagine marathoning a massive game like Starfield for a week or two and then rendering a judgement. There’s is no way that gameplay experience is going to be reflective of the average gamer’s playthrough. An aggregate of dozens of reviews is more interesting sure, but when people are debating about the margins between a metacritic score of 80 and one of 90… well I guess that’s our modern day equivalent of arguing over how many angels could dance on the head of a pin.

Either way, I look forward to playing the Starfield GotY edition with every patch and dlc included for like $20 a couple years from now. Even a mid Bethesda game can be an enjoyable timesink.
This is one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on these forums so congrats!

Sony Pulse 3d $100
Atro a50 $280 (sale)
Arctics nova pro $350
I have been using the Arctis 7p since my Sony Gold Wireless headset (PS4) broke around the time the PS5 was released. I love it. So glad I went with it rather than taking another chance on a Sony one. Even bought a second from Steelseries' site during Black Friday last year as backup incase anything happens to the first (no need yet, the first is still going strong.)

Sony Pulse 3d $100
Atro a50 $280 (sale)
Arctics nova pro $350
I have both pulse 3d and turtle beach 700 and the 700s are 100 times better. Feels like a movie surround system in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been using the Arctis 7p since my Sony Gold Wireless headset (PS4) broke around the time the PS5 was released. I love it. So glad I went with it rather than taking another chance on a Sony one. Even bought a second as backup Incase anything happens to the first (still going strong.)
i had the ps4 the golds and thought they were mid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony Pulse 3d $100
Atro a50 $280 (sale)
Arctics nova pro $350
I got a Pulse 3D and it sounds good for the price. If you're not a snobby audiophile I'd just get those and still have some points left.

So if my math is right, the holiday deals are usually $30 off correct? I believe I paid $89.99 for premium during the sale. That means if it goes on sale again during the upcoming holidays, it will be $129.99 for the premium meaning that you will save $10 if you extend today. That all check out? Now, if you wait for PSN credit to go on sale at 20% off dollar general or another retailer like last year, it would come out to $104 so it would be better to wait but straight money wise, it's better to buy before the increase. Again, if I would have known last year I can buy multiple years at the discounted price, I would have. Oh well.
?

I'm streaming some Goodbye Volcano High if you want to see that in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. Liking it a lot so far as a story about teenagers dealing with the potential end of the world as they're also expected to live out the rest of their senior year of high school. You get some chances to play music with interesting rhythm mechanics that are a bit tricky to get used to at first, though there are accessibility options to make it a little easier. The only issue I've had so far is that it seems like the trophies are a bit bugged, so there were a few that I should've gotten but the unlock percentages show they're wonky for everybody.

I have been using the Arctis 7p since my Sony Gold Wireless headset (PS4) broke around the time the PS5 was released. I love it. So glad I went with it rather than taking another chance on a Sony one. Even bought a second from Steelseries' site during Black Friday last year as backup incase anything happens to the first (no need yet, the first is still going strong.)
I have the 7P headset as well and it's probably one of the most comfortable and best sounding gaming headsets I've ever had. Would highly recommend it.

From reading various threads on different forums, you'd think Final Fantasy XVI and Starfield are critical failures/mediocre games with their 87 Metacritic scores.

I understand, I hate when people act like a 7 is bad, A 7 is good, it's well above average. I'm a little biased because my husband has been looking forward to Starfield for years, so I want the game to do well, I want it to succeed. But, at the end of the day, I don't put much stock in review scores, good or bad. As long as a game isn't getting 1s and 2s across the board, I just don't pay attention to this crap. Play what you like, man. Screw everyone else.
To be fair, most game reviewers seem to score on the scale of the American grading system, where anything below 60% is a straight up failure. By that metric, where C is average, a 70% is a slightly below average C-/D+.

Destructoid is the only mainstream game reviewer I know of that uses 50% as an average score.

To be fair, most game reviewers seem to score on the scale of the American grading system, where anything below 60% is a straight up failure. By that metric, where C is average, a 70% is a slightly below average C-/D+.

Destructoid is the only mainstream game reviewer I know of that uses 50% as an average score.
I waited 18 years for Shenmue 3 LOL. Your husband has nothing on me.

Sony Pulse 3d $100
Atro a50 $280 (sale)
Arctics nova pro $350
Audeze, preferably maxwell, an improved audeze penrose

The console wars are strong in this thread.
Let's be real, there's hardly any of those in Sony, Nintendo, or Steam threads. If there are, it is mostly coming from a certain user and his weekly threat rant about selling his PS5 that been going for the past 3 years. He think it create anxiety and tension with the other poster here, but so far it has been a comical relief.

I was going to say something to this effect. The only recent game that I remember scoring 3s or less was that Gollum game. A 5-7 is seen as a negative because it is below average on most sites.

Either way, Starfield is right up my alley and will be a motivating factor if/when I get an Xbox, and will probably be the first game I play on it.

And Destructoid gave Starfield a 10. :)
I dont see how the game can get a perfect score when graphics, animation are out dated compared to others games as well there being bugs, stupid AI on par with redfall, memes of ugly npc's, lies of exploring amongst other things. Then theres 30fps, which most of those clowns were talking how 60fps is standard this gen and bashed certain games for being 30fps but SF gets a pass. Also the same clowns that bashed other games for being the same as there previous games and not refreshing but yet SF gets a pass. Im all for it being a good game but sure hell dont see it being great or perfect at all.

What does that mean price wise?

Edit: I found it, it’s $30 also, so for $8.39 you could buy Borderlands 3 and then $30 more you could get the whole package. $38.39 seems pretty good if you don’t own it already.
I ended up popping my Borderlands 3 disc in and downloaded the PS5 upgraded version digitally (free upgrade but you must put the PS4 disc in the console to run it). The first screen upon loading the game was an advertisement for the Pandora's box deal. I paid $29.99 for the whole franchise.

I have beaten most of the games in the franchise already solo but some were on PS3 or only owned in physical form. I might run through the series from game 1 in co-op with my brother-in-law though as it is one of the best campaign co-op experiences available. My brother-in-law hasn't played any of the games.

Sony Pulse 3d $100
Atro a50 $280 (sale)
Arctics nova pro $350
I am no expert in headphones but I have the Pulse 3D headset just for FIFA online Pro Clubs and it sounds fine to me. It has spatial audio if that is your thing too. I don't like that it isn't purely bluetooth in that it requires occupying a USB port in the back for the dongle but the sound quality is good enough for me. FIFA has music tracks and the bass sounds fine to me.

I will say that it might be better to invest in the newer generation of Sony headphones/earbuds as they are compatible with the Playstation Portal and possible future Sony tech via Playstation Link. https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/23/23842778/sony-playstation-earbuds-pulse-explore-elite-features-price

I dont see how the game can get a perfect score when graphics, animation are out dated compared to others games as well there being bugs, stupid AI on par with redfall, memes of ugly npc's, lies of exploring amongst other things. Then theres 30fps, which most of those clowns were talking how 60fps is standard this gen and bashed certain games for being 30fps but SF gets a pass. Also the same clowns that bashed other games for being the same as there previous games and not refreshing but yet SF gets a pass. Im all for it being a good game but sure hell dont see it being great or perfect at all.
It’s all a matter of opinion. I’m loving it.

Only reason I even mentioned the Destuctoid score was the post before it saying how they have a different rating system than others. Not that it’s perfect. No game is perfect IMO.

Perfect games have an ending. There's a conclusion, resolution, and sometimes an epilogue. Usually there's room for a sequel, side story, or bonus dungeon. But they offer an encapsulated, completed experience.

as well there being bugs, stupid AI on par with redfall, memes of ugly npc's,
that's so Bethesda.

I didn’t even know I was married.
I have no idea what happened. I could have swore I read in your post that your husband waited years for Starfield but now I see that I didn't quote anything like that from what you posted. Maybe I mixed you up with someone else. Or maybe I am just going crazy.

I have no idea what happened. I could have swore I read in your post that your husband waited years for Starfield but now I see that I didn't quote anything like that from what you posted. Maybe I mixed you up with someone else. Or maybe I am just going crazy.
You replied to their reply to the person whose husband had been waiting for Starfield.

The part that makes no sense about paid MP is how I can download any free game like Apex, Warzone, Fortnite or Overwatch 2 and play. But if I spend $70 on a game I am punished by Sony and MS and have to pay them an extra $60-80 to access the MP portion of the game.

I wish the FTC had brought this bullshit up in court during the ABK trial because paid online is an actual anti-consumer scam. We pay our ISP for internet access. Sony and MS ask us for charity money.

bread's done
Back