Playstation Deals, PS Plus games, and Discussion

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Thanks to Frisky for all of the hard work that he put in for the previous deals threads!

Feel free to post here about the newest Playstation deals, PS Plus games, and discussions about the previously mentioned items.

Official PlayStation™Store US

March 2024 games (available on March 5th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog

March 2024 games (available on March 19th):

PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium | Game Catalog
PlayStation Premium | Classics

Last edited:
I started playing Resistance Retribution. Very disappointed that they didn't update the graphics or even the controls. It really is a PSP game just playing on a PS5. It's mind bottling that Sony hasn't put a Resistance collection on a PS5 and remastered all the games but if this is the only way to play Resistance Retribution on my ps5, I'll take it!

I started playing Resistance Retribution. Very disappointed that they didn't update the graphics or even the controls. It really is a PSP game just playing on a PS5. It's mind bottling that Sony hasn't put a Resistance collection on a PS5 and remastered all the games but if this is the only way to play Resistance Retribution on my ps5, I'll take it!
I mean thats how all the old classics are from whatever system before ps4. They keep there original data with no updated anything just plain native.

A batch of new PSVR2 announcements in the blog post along with this bit of news:
Also, we’re pleased to share that we are currently testing the ability for PS VR2 players to access additional games on PC to offer even more game variety in addition to the PS VR2 titles available through PS5. We hope to make this support available in 2024, so stay tuned for more updates.

I'm streaming some Pacific Drive if you want to see it in action.

Edit: Here's the archive. It's a very cool, spooky driving game about exploring this exclusion zone that's been boarded off by the government in a station wagon that you craft upgrades and repair as you explore more of it to see what weird stuff can happen. I really enjoy the driving and the exploration aspects of it, which gives it some good vibes in these weird, spooky zones that I'm trying to get through.

Last edited:
Or the tales of hearts on vita to ps5. I can play it on vita but for someone reason im never motivated to play the vita. Hell I'm not motivated to play anything these days
I seriously don't understand why hearts R hasn't been ported. It sold so badly in jpn especially. Making it multiplat would easily move a crapload of copies by comparison. And given that they did a psvita TV version it could easily handle switch and ps4 minimum.

Speaking of demos, that the land beneath us gameplay is good but its the pixelated mesh that I have a problem with. IDK about y'all but I get real bad eye strain on pixel stuff like that. Goods games but not worth the eye strain.

Edit: Played unicorn demo, its good. The video trailers made it seem complicated well the ones I seen. I wonder how it would be if only the battle sequence wasnt auto but manual either TB or dragon crown style.

Last edited:
Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth is down to $40 on Amazon at the moment. I’m tempted, but I think I’m going to hold off so I actually play Midnight Suns.
I used to buy all Yakuza games on release, but the prices just drop like flies after release. We saw it with Ishin (bought on release and just played a bit here) and with this one. Heck even the digital Man Who Erased His Name dropped pretty well in a sale. These are good quality games though although I'm very behind on the series now (at least 5 games now).

Bruh WTF the moment I decided to not renew my sub. Now they had a good Feb month of games I wanted to try and now march is the same. Wow the odds
Well, the good news is, the February games are still up. You can wait until the March games are announced and decide want to renew and still get both sets if you do.

If it’s true, Cult of the Lamb is one of the games I kept thinking of buying, so that would be great for me. I would give Forspoken a shot at some point as well, but only at a deep discount, so free works.

Well, the good news is, the February games are still up. You can wait until the March games are announced and decide want to renew and still get both sets if you do.

If it’s true, Cult of the Lamb is one of the games I kept thinking of buying, so that would be great for me. I would give Forspoken a shot at some point as well, but only at a deep discount, so free works.
I could’ve gotten a copy of Forspoken for $10 using my GameStop $5 monthly and I still couldn’t pull the trigger. I would try it if it’s included in PS+

Have Sonic Frontiers and Cult of the Lamb on Xbox.

And had gotten a cheap disc of Forspoken but at least I would no longer need to burn 5 calories to switch the discs. It’s not an amazing game by any means but think it’s a bit underrated and worth a try.

Been wanting to try out Sonic Frontiers and just bought a copy of Forspoken from Gamestop on Saturday, so I can return that if I feel like saving the $15 that I spent on a new copy.

This isn't credible at all and comes from a fucking Reddit prediction thread:
Refrain from posting conjecture and rumors unless it's from bilbil-kun, the only reliable leaker.

That's where I got it from. Says that they are a top predictor. Go reprimand the author of that article. Not me.

Bad news is im not renewing until i have SF6 and Mk1 discounted at a price I want same for ps+, I'm not paying $80 for sub. Cult was on my wish list, forspoken I would try but wasnt going to buy same for sonic which I like OST.

There's such a huge gap between something being rumored to some rando completely guessing.

The article makes it very clear. A top predictor in this case literally means top guesser.

There's such a huge gap between something being rumored to some rando completely guessing.

The article makes it very clear. A top predictor in this case literally means top guesser.

It's just a clickbait article. Whitereflection is right, there's a huge difference between a rumor and a leak. There's dozens of articles that pop up every month trying to capitalize on people guessing what the PS Plus games for the month will be. No more accurate than you and me guessing this week's lottery numbers. A leak is someone who has an actual inside source/information within Sony such as bilbil-kun. I think we see Forspoken hit PS Plus Extra before we see it on PS Plus.

This is the source of the rumor, does it sound like this guy has any inside information? :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• rumor.png
    rumor.png
    8 KB · Views: 18
I somewhat agree that it'd be a waste of money. If you owned them permanently that would be one thing (rarely it does happen though). But it would be the equivalent of a month's rental. So unless you have free time and or games are short that you intend to play ps+ doesn't have the value.

Any type of software development, wether it be gaming, mobile, or tech startups, are struggling right now in this economy. Believe me, I have been there so many times. Shit sucks but it is the way it is, and it doesn't matter if said company is raking in millions. It always happens.

What I know about capitalism is that if the people at the top can cut more employees to ensure they keep their profits at the same level or higher, they will do so.

The bubble was bound to burst eventually. Covid is over and those insane profits and the days of people doing nothing but sitting at home and playing video games or watching streaming are long gone. And all those dull as sin AAA and AAAA (lol) games with insanely bloated budgets aren’t making enough money anymore. We’re entering a new age of solid AA development though- just look at the massive success of Palworld, Like a Dragon and Helldivers 2 just this year so far. Silver lining. People losing their jobs always sucks but these tech employees still get some sort of severance unlike in other industries, and a lot will go on to work in the indie or AA space and we might get some innovation in game development finally after this decade of creative stagnation we’ve been in.

It sucks… but look at the world and US economy at the moment. I know the media is trying to spend the things are getting better, but I’m a data analyst by career and I can tell you they’re not.
I was looking at that stuff last night after the tekken 8 news. I was looking to why games cost so much. It was mostly the work force I think. Says some workers get paid up to $12k a month it be lower and could be higher depends on who anyway calculate that with how many workers there are and then how many months. Licenses and assets use, localization, marketing, actors etc. Its mostly the workers takes a big chunk which why people are being laid off. Also bad management. I need to see a walk through process

Last edited:
The bubble was bound to burst eventually. Covid is over and those insane profits and the days of people doing nothing but sitting at home and playing video games or watching streaming are long gone. And all those dull as sin AAA and AAAA (lol) games with insanely bloated budgets aren’t making enough money anymore. We’re entering a new age of solid AA development though- just look at the massive success of Palworld, Like a Dragon and Helldivers 2 just this year so far. Silver lining. People losing their jobs always sucks but these tech employees still get some sort of severance unlike in other industries, and a lot will go on to work in the indie or AA space and we might get some innovation in game development finally after this decade of creative stagnation we’ve been in.
Don't forget Granblue Fantasy Relink! One of the best action games I've played in a long time! I'm so happy its time in development hell (and all its competition) didn't kill its sales because it deserves all the success it's gotten.

But yeah, Helldivers 2 is such an incredible surprise hit. When Sony inevitable tries to buy Arrowhead, I hope they don't sell. They need to keep killing it as an independent studio.

That or those short stand alone projects. I remember hearing something about dividing the games into parts like FF7 remakes. I'll be down for some stand along games. Not to long not to short, I usually take breaks from games. I dont do that play a game in one setting thing. Another note sone people have problems with AA they always judge by the looks and animations. Like it looks like a ps3 game or whatever. They might just be trolling or they are fools.

Last edited:
Don't forget Granblue Fantasy Relink! One of the best action games I've played in a long time! I'm so happy its time in development hell (and all its competition) didn't kill its sales because it deserves all the success it's gotten.

But yeah, Helldivers 2 is such an incredible surprise hit. When Sony inevitable tries to buy Arrowhead, I hope they don't sell. They need to keep killing it as an independent studio.

Yeah I don’t know much about the Granblue Fantasy series but I’m extremely interested in Relink. From my understanding the dev used all the money from their mobile and gatcha games to fund this full-featured giant action rpg, the kind we used to get by the boatload in the PS2 days. And it’s just fun and it’s not broken and there is no microtransaction bullshit. How novel. This is how games should be made. For every sad headline about a a massive layoff these days, there is at least another headline about the unexpected success of a game like this. So it’s not all doom and gloom. This stuff just happens in cycles and the industry needs a course correction. When the last Spider-man struggled to make a profit despite selling tons, all the GotY buzz and Sony having almost no competition in the hardcore console space, all because it cost 300 MILLION DOLLARS to make… well that’s just not sustainable, and rightfully so.

Cult of the Lamb is good. So one out of three isnt a bad month.
Good to know. I own the other two and Forspoken joins the limited list of games I quit playing because couldn't take it anymore.

Forspoken has way too much swearing, it's continous.

The only other one I ever stopped was
Max Payne (that stage where the baby is crying nightmare...was a new dad at the time and just couldn't)

Edit.....Also seen so many rumors I do not know what to believe for March...saw Sifu, Sonic, and Forspoken....also gamingbible is trash, the majority of their headlines are jsut to get you to click and then when you actually read the content it is so misleading from what the title said. My google feed will have articles randomly from them that I no longer click on beucase of that reason

Last edited:
You know it's a poor month when there are four offerings instead of 3. Sifu is a really good game, and I may try the F1 game, but the rest are no gos for me.

You know it's a poor month when there are four offerings instead of 3. Sifu is a really good game, and I may try the F1 game, but the rest are no gos for me.
I didn't mind a racing game, since I haven't done much with my driving rig of late, so that could be a fun thing for a few hours.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to put down Helldivers long enough to play Rebirth. Gonna be tough
Me but with Pikmin 4 lol I started it yesterday because I've really been meaning to play it and Rebirth isn't going anywhere, and holy crap is it fun. This reminds me of 2020 when Remake came out, but I was too busy playing Trials of Mana to give a crap about it at first.

Me but with Pikmin 4 lol I started it yesterday because I've really been meaning to play it and Rebirth isn't going anywhere, and holy crap is it fun. This reminds me of 2020 when Remake came out, but I was too busy playing Trials of Mana to give a crap about it at first.
I was obsessed with Pikmin 4 when it came out. Put close to 50 hours into it doing everything. Fantastic game

bread's done
Back