Playstation Games for my Mom

Zero_Shadow

CAGiversary!
Alright I cant believe Im asking this but I am what I am looking for is some Playstation games for my mom. She loves playing on the Playstation but she played all the games that I initally purchased for her the games she has now are:

Ape Escape 2 & 3
Pac Man for PS2 I cant remember the name
Rayman 2

Although she has a problem jumping she's pretty good so basically Im looking for some suggestions about what other games I could get here Im thinking the Klonoa games but outside or that Im not really sure.

Any help?

Yeah I tried Ratchet and Clank for her she said it was too busy for her I havent tried Jak and Daxter maybe she would be able to do that thanks for the suggestion.

Anymore?

[quote name='Zero_Shadow']Yeah I tried Ratchet and Clank for her she said it was too busy for her I havent tried Jak and Daxter maybe she would be able to do that thanks for the suggestion.

Anymore?[/QUOTE]
If Ratchet and Clank is too busy then so will Jak and Daxter. How about Katamari Damacy?

Katamari Damacy is a good one.

How about any racing games?

The older Need For Speeds are simple and fun, without needlessly complicated tuning of your car.

Or maybe something like SSX Tricky?

How about some of the PS1 Crash Bandicoot games?

I second the Klonoa option... Lunatea's Veil remains one of my favorite games and best flea market finds (I don't know if it was even a good deal, but I enjoyed the game so much I didn't care!)

Okami might be good, depending on how well she likes the paintbrush mechanic.

Ico and Shadow of the Collosus would be worth a rental... since they're kinda focused on puzzle-y platform play, she might find them frustrating (especially given the lack of obvious instructions and the need for decent jumping skills.)

If you can find it (it's not pricey, just not horribly common), I used to enjoy playing Sheep for PS1 (it belonged to a kid I babysat.) Stupid, pudgy lil' things...

Everybody Loves Katamari Damacy. :D

If you tried to get her into RPGs Final Fantasy X or Kingdom Hearts would be pretty good.
I think Klonoa is a great idea.
If you have enough money and interest a great game overall would be rock band, lots of parents enjoy that game.

As for games for it --

Parappa the Rappa is a fun quirky game
Crash Bandicot, Tomba!, Rayman, or Spyro
Looney Tunes: Sheep Raider
Harvest Moon

[quote name='LeafPanda']If you tried to get her into RPGs Final Fantasy X or Kingdom Hearts would be pretty good.
I think Klonoa is a great idea.
If you have enough money and interest a great game overall would be rock band, lots of parents enjoy that game.[/quote]

I'd start with Kingdom Hearts, it's a pretty good gateway RPG. Very very simple, and doesn't seem as serious as FFX.

She may like the Monster Rancher games if she's into sim-style games.

[quote name='dwhelan']I know it is kind of older guys, but I think he means the Playstation, not the PS2

As for games for it --

Parappa the Rappa is a fun quirky game
Crash Bandicot -- for the platformer[/quote]

He said that he has the Ps2 version of Pac-Man.

[quote name='Sinnbox']He said that he has the Ps2 version of Pac-Man.[/QUOTE]

Good call -- totally skipped that, thought it said something else. I recognized the others as PS1 games

[quote name='DuelLadyS']I second the Klonoa option... Lunatea's Veil remains one of my favorite games and best flea market finds (I don't know if it was even a good deal, but I enjoyed the game so much I didn't care!)

Okami might be good, depending on how well she likes the paintbrush mechanic.

Ico and Shadow of the Collosus would be worth a rental... since they're kinda focused on puzzle-y platform play, she might find them frustrating (especially given the lack of obvious instructions and the need for decent jumping skills.)

If you can find it (it's not pricey, just not horribly common), I used to enjoy playing Sheep for PS1 (it belonged to a kid I babysat.) Stupid, pudgy lil' things...

Everybody Loves Katamari Damacy. :D[/quote]

Except for the fact that the sheep in the game Sheep were AS(artificially stupid). You would try leading them to the destination and they'd go wandering off one at a time, even with good direction from you.

How about Roll Away? It's a fun little puzzle game which involves rotating the puzzle to get to the green 'end destination' block. Very frustrating on later levels though.

Oh come on, no one has not mentioned it. The answer to your problems is Resident Evil, and one of them. I recommended RE 2.

I'd say that Jak (the first one only; the 2nd is a GTA clone for some reason, and I haven't tried the 3rd) is more likely to be accepted than Ratchet and Clank. I think I see what she means with Ratchet being "busy", and Jak doesn't have that problem.

The Spiro series hasn't been mentioned yet, either.

fear effect :)

if you want to get her started on a little more challenging platformer, get the first tomb raider for the ps1. its got a very good tutorial system, easy to get hooked on though not very many enemies, but more running around and puzzle solving.

Well as much as I would like her to play a little more challenging unforunately that isnt the case in the simplicty is key.

She really doesnt like shooting games but ill see about Tomb Raider im sure Fear Effect is out im sure Resident Evil is too thanks tho.

Hmm never heard of Sheep and I didnt even think about Sypro. Didnt think about Monster Rancher either im have to read up on in.

Unfornately I tried the RPG route it didnt go to well.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions so far although she not a regular gamer she's pretty causal so hopefully these will cover her for a while.

Thanks again All

if you're looking for some simple platforming with not much to it, I'd recommend Croc 1 and 2, and the first Crash Bandicoot.

I hate to bring back the dead but once again I am in need of assistance with this since I started this thread my mom has beaten almost all the suggested titles. Which were:

Klonoa: She beat first one and is still working on Luntea Veil (I think thats how its spelled)
Kingdom Hearts (Im suprised on that one)
LittleBigPlanet
Katamari Damacy (she beat the first one working on the second)
Civ Rev (PS3)
Wall-E (PS3)

I havent been able to find Sheep maybe im not looking hard enough or Puzzle Quest yet.

So im back to the drawing board again help is needed again. I would love to expand the suggestions to cover all PS, PS2 and PS3 games.

Thanks guys

Well, the obvious answer is Kingdom Hearts II if she enjoyed the first one. Also, how about the Sly Cooper games on PS2?

I'm actually surprised no one suggested Sly Cooper until now. The first one is a pretty simple straight forward platformer. The 2nd and 3rd are a bit more complex with different characters to play as, but if she likes the first one a lot they are worth a shot. Beyond Good and Evil might be worth a try as well.

Maybe Kya? That's a bit of a Zelda-esque, and is rather cheap these days ($5 at GS). I forget if there were any nasty spots, but I think the difficulty was reasonable for the most part.
You listed Ape Escape 2 and 3, but not 1.
Lego Star Wars/Batman/Whatever?

Can you give us any more examples of games she *didn't* like? I think the Rayman series, Jak and Dexter (*1* only), the Crash Bandicoot series, and the Spyro series would all be good, but they've been suggested already.

bread's done
Back