PlayStation Memory Cards

autopiloton

CAGiversary!
The PlayStation games don't look good stretched out on my PlayStation3 connected big LCD in the living room, so I usually play them on my original PlayStation hooked up to a SD television in my game collection area. Plus, I have a Game Shark for the PlayStation, so that's even more reason to play them on there.

Only downside is, I need memory cards to save games. I have one of the ones with the little LCD that had multiple memory cards on it, but it's totally fucked up. I also have another one that is two cards with just a little slide switch on it, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. So where can I get some reliable memory cards to use? I only really need one or two because I found my DexDrive :D.

After losing my data 5 times on one of those multi-page crap cards, I went first party and never had a problem. I did have decent luck with another third party brand though, also a single page card.

No idea. Ebay?

I found one at Half-Priced Books the other day for only $3. Online, like E-bay and Amazon, it seems that the price is around $10. Finding one that's reliable...not sure. They're all at least 10 years old and probably have seen plenty of action.

Why don't you just get a Memory card adaptor for the PS3 and put all of your PS1/2 save files on the PS3, and if you ever want to play with one of the save dfiles again, you can just put it back? It is much easier.

Also: about the PS1 games looking stretched and ugly on the PS3. See if your TV has a setting that will force 4:3 ratio. I know that mine does, for some but not all inputs (I use component for my PS3...it won't work for my 360, connected via VGA...I'm guessing it won't work with HDMI but that's a total guess).

Give that a shot if you'd rather go the convenient route.

And yeah, I never had any luck with off-brand PS1 memory cards either. After having one fail, and hearing horror stories about others, I only used cards that said "Sony" on them from then on.

bread's done
Back