Playstation Move Bundle + Game (40$ Value!)

If only Heavy Rain or RE5 Gold were available...after playing kinect a bit this past weekend with friends and family, I wouldn't mind adding some motion control to my PS3 set-up for a reasonable price.

lol....they also give you the option of Singstar pack with game plus 2 mics or Game only........

Hmmmm.... tough decision. I think this is a "special kids" deal from sony.

Btw..... are Move games decent? I guess I've heard ok things about sports champions and Eyepet (though it sounds a bit juvenile). Any decent move games on the way?

So far i've yet to bite on kinect or Move cause the games all seem bleh.

[quote name='alangst']Btw..... are Move games decent? I guess I've heard ok things about sports champions and Eyepet (though it sounds a bit juvenile). Any decent move games on the way?

So far i've yet to bite on kinect or Move cause the games all seem bleh.[/QUOTE]

This. The move games I was interested in (NBA 2K11 and Time Crisis Razing Storm) don't actually require the move, and play just fine without it. I'm really waiting for something that is a sure-fire buy before I grab either move or kinect. Either that or they bundle move or kinect with a game for much less than the price the current bundles cost.

I remember a demo at E3 that was pretty cool for Move.... think it was called Sorcery. But then again, interesting demos does not a good game make.

[quote name='alangst']Btw..... are Move games decent? I guess I've heard ok things about sports champions and Eyepet (though it sounds a bit juvenile). Any decent move games on the way?

So far i've yet to bite on kinect or Move cause the games all seem bleh.[/QUOTE]

Honestly imo Move is garbage. I got my little brother one with eyepet and bought myself one with sports champions. Both games were fun for a whole 20 minutes then it just became stupid flailing. After the initial time I haven't even been compelled to set it up again.

I am interested in seeing how killzone 3 works with it. Although I'm not gonna hold my breath. I would say wait a bit longer and see what happens. Right now and even in the next few months it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Im very happy with my Move. Obviously got the sports game, which is very good. I've played probably 100 some holes on the disc golf alone and you can see that PS took the motion controls in a very good direction. The gladiator game + 2 move controllers is fantastic. You can see huge potential with that one alone.

I re-bought MAG last night to see how it works with the Move. I'm definitely switching to Move + PS3 DS3 permanently.

I was thinking about picking up the Move at some point down the road...

How good of a deal is this exactly? It has tax, but at least free shipping.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Im very happy with my Move. Obviously got the sports game, which is very good. I've played probably 100 some holes on the disc golf alone and you can see that PS took the motion controls in a very good direction. The gladiator game + 2 move controllers is fantastic. You can see huge potential with that one alone.

I re-bought MAG last night to see how it works with the Move. I'm definitely switching to Move + PS3 DS3 permanently.[/QUOTE]

Does it have a good flow on the gameplay?
i played RE5 with the Move and the experience was nice and excellent.
RE5 itself is a slow paced game so IT was going to work. Yet, i can not picture games like MAG or even Killzone 3 or Socom, for that matter, working with the Move.
i picture those games to be fast paced, especially Killzone 3 from what i have saw on the Beta.
I thought Killzone 2 would have been excellent when combined with the Move because of its slow pace and gameplay like Resident Evil 5.

MAG + move is a little different than what you're probably used to. The best way I can relate the experience is if you've ever played COD for the Wii, or a metroid with wii controls.

Once you find the options menu to setup the Move in MAG it really makes all the difference.

With move enabled, you set up a box located around the middle of the screen. When your crosshair is inside the box, the guns aiming will change but not the characters orientation (head movement). When the cross hair wanders outside of the box, it makes your characters head move or allow you to turn/spin.

In my hour or so experience it seems like you should be able to shoot from the hip better than anyone else in the game. Its very easy to put your cross hair on an enemy target at a distance. Its just a matter of keeping it controlled as you aim and take your shot.

I think in a week I should have the controls mastered.

I like the Move, but so far the games for it are crap. I enjoy Sports Champions, but it's honestly more enjoyable with people over. I got it early through a decent trade so I would be ready for Littlebigplanet 2 and Dead Space 2.

Thats interesting.
I would definitely want to try it for those three FPS games i mentioned but they are not on my list to get.
Maybe Killzone 3 but that is about it =/
Unless i can grab MAG for 10 bucks...

I did not know Dead Space 2 was compatible with the Move.
Hmm, another game that will probably work flawlessly with the Move from what i have experienced on Dead Space 1.

Wish there was a better selection of free games, but whatever. I'll just redeem the whole purchase with my sony card, so technically it'll be free for me. Thanks OP!

Thank OP!
I went ahead and ordered this deal with The Fight. I figured, why not? Especially with the more and more games that have Move compatibility.

[quote name='cRodz']Thats interesting.
I would definitely want to try it for those three FPS games i mentioned but they are not on my list to get.
Maybe Killzone 3 but that is about it =/
Unless i can grab MAG for 10 bucks...

I did not know Dead Space 2 was compatible with the Move.
Hmm, another game that will probably work flawlessly with the Move from what i have experienced on Dead Space 1.[/QUOTE]

Gamefly had MAG for $10. So you can either possibly wait for it to go back in stock or if you have a Gamefly subscription then you can rent/keep it.

Tempting... but only to trade in Sports Champions and Get Fit to Amazon to bring the price down to ~63 for the Eye and Move Controller.

But then, what to play? >.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Tempting... but only to trade in Sports Champions and Get Fit to Amazon to bring the price down to ~63 for the Eye and Move Controller.

But then, what to play? >.

[quote name='Drclaw411']This. The move games I was interested in (NBA 2K11 and Time Crisis Razing Storm) don't actually require the move, and play just fine without it. I'm really waiting for something that is a sure-fire buy before I grab either move or kinect. Either that or they bundle move or kinect with a game for much less than the price the current bundles cost.[/QUOTE]

They dont require the move because sony is going the route where you can play all their games even if you dont a move, unlike the kinect which its games so far require you to use kinect so if you dont have one you cant play them. Sony wanted people to be able to have a choice in using a ds3 or a move when you play. Only a few require move like the fight but the majority of the games can be played with either.

Its nice because you can play resident evil 5, heavy rain and other exsisting games with your move via a patch and upcoming games like little big planet 2, dead space extraction that comes with the ps3 dead space 2, infamous 2, killzone 3, and more illustrated here http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-approaching-50-supported-games-more-to-come/

After playing with a move and kinect the move to me is the better of the two mostly because it allows you to do more with a controller in your hands because you can just press buttons instead of having to do a body movement to do something and it allows you to hold a physical object which gives you a sense of space vs just moving nothing in a blank area. The buttons make it more subtle because you can do things like shoot/reload/use really quick because your just pushing buttons and not having to do a body movement for each and then hoping it registers correctly. It also feels faster since you have a controller your fingers respond better to the buttons because its like a extension of your own body vs you trying to manipulate something not there.

My thoughts exactly.
Except for the part of "grabbing something that its not there" since i think that its a neat idea. Then again, i have not tried the Kinect so i cant say more than that.
I saw that video on that pet game [Kinectanimals?] for the Kinect and thought it was ok. Perhaps the gameplay was boring and the implementation was not done properly since i read that the game was not fun...
but i just liked the general idea on how the player can pet that animal that was not there with your hands.

Anyways, that is the same reason i grabbed the Move.
To be honest, if you grabbed the Move or you are thinking of grabbing the Move because of the "Move games" that will work only with the Move controller(s) then you are doing it wrong. You should be interested in the Move compatible games more than the Move only games.

After i read that there were newly released games that were Move Compatible, i was sold. That is the reason i grabbed RE5 Gold Edition and it became the first game to prepare me for the Move.
I cant wait for LittleBigPlanet 2 as well

The only thing that i disliked about Move controller was the lack of Six Axis.
Huh? Sony couldnt implement Six Axis on the Move controller...
I wanted to play Flower on my ps3 and i thought that the move controller was going to work only to be disappointed.

Hmm, I've been waiting for a deal on the Move but this still doesn't sound good enough for me.

I do have like 6,000 points on my Sony rewards account that I could use towards this, plus I'd get like 5x points for purchasing this at Sony Style. Decisions decisions.

Alright I bit. I bought it along with The Shoot. I figure I could probably sell the extra game for around $30, making the bundle $78 then I could apply a Purchase credit with my Sony card which will take away about $58 from that making it ~$20 out of pocket, plus bonus points for the purchase *Fingers crossed*

[quote name='egonpax']Thank OP!
I went ahead and ordered this deal with The Fight. I figured, why not? Especially with the more and more games that have Move compatibility. [/QUOTE]

Despite the professional reviews, you should like The Fight. It's the 1-to-1 fighting game I've wanted since motion control got announced back on the Wii. After two days of playing, I could barely move my arms in the morning. It's a serious workout if you want it to be.

[quote name='inubu']Despite the professional reviews, you should like The Fight. It's the 1-to-1 fighting game I've wanted since motion control got announced back on the Wii. After two days of playing, I could barely move my arms in the morning. It's a serious workout if you want it to be.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. It seemed like the customers on Amazon sure liked it and I think my fiancee and I will too. And I'm up for video game workouts. My girl enjoys playing/working out to Dance Central on the Kinect.

EDIT: After reading back this looks like a posting of disjointed thoughts. Not enough caffeine in the system...

Anyways, my family and friends enjoy the Kinect. It's not some absolute end-all be-all hardware/software as of now but it is fun. Dance Central is pretty awesome and Kinect Sports is very Wii-ish in a good way. IMHO, the Kinect wins for my non-gamer fam and friends. It's extremely easy to get into and have fun in a party type setting.

Most of the non-gamers I know think that controllers are too complicated. Not to diss the Wii, but my Wii just gathers dust in a box. That's why I don't want to invest TOO much in the Move right now. I hope more "hardcore" games will implement the Move well and I'm looking forward to LBP2.

Last edited by a moderator:
A majority of people who keep saying how Kinect sucks or how there are not any good games is because they have not played Kinect.

After playing Kinect Sports with my wife, I was completely sold on the concept. I know it is pricey but it is quite a different experience. A majority of skeptics change their mind after playing Kinect Sports (at least those around me).

I have played Move and it just feels like Wii in HD. It is fun, but does not have that first "wow" impact as when you play Kinect.

i want a move solely for the ping pong on sports champions and nothing else at the moment. I do have a Wii with ping pong on sports resort but i'm guessing the move version is better. Still, can't justify the purchase just for that.

I personally wanted the Move to ENHANCE existing gameplay, not try to change it dramatically. I think the Move does a fantastic job of this.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']I personally wanted the Move to ENHANCE existing gameplay, not try to change it dramatically. I think the Move does a fantastic job of this.[/QUOTE]

Read the preview of Killzone 3 with move at Joystiq and get back to us.

Here's a snippet:

While I don't anticipate playing Killzone 3 in 3D, I am now committed to using the Move for my first full playthrough of the game. Not only does its integration seem justified to me, but I'm sold on its improved accuracy and greater sense of immersion over the DualShock controller. Guerrilla Games has shown me that even when a game isn't expressly designed for motion controls, the experience can be heightened with PlayStation Move.

Sounds like an enhancement over existing gameplay to me

I'm really excited to use it. I think the purchase was partly fueled by jealousy since my gf got one from her brother for Christmas and it's what I've been wanting since it came out, lol. This deal was just good enough to bite.

I'm jealous considering I JUST got one for Christmas from my wife, only to see this deal shortly after

The Fight is REALLY the game I want for it right now :whistle2:(

quick Move question.... Is the 2nd controller (the smaller one, without the tennisball on top, not included with the bundle), still pretty much useless for all the games that are out atm?

they call it the navigation controller...

but yea, for the most part. It seems more of an advantage to have 2 move controllers instead of a move + navigation combo

Looks like the Move bundle with Sports Champions and at least Eye Pet and Sing Star Dance Party Pack are all back-ordered. Not sure what that means for ordering to be delivered later.

[quote name='woodcan']Looks like the Move bundle with Sports Champions and at least Eye Pet and Sing Star Dance Party Pack are all back-ordered. Not sure what that means for ordering to be delivered later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah when I ordered this morning the Move bundle w/ Sports Champs was in stock and I received a shipped email just a few minutes ago. However, The Fight was backordered. :/

[quote name='TraBuch']I've heard that The Fight: Lights Out is really underrated. Anyone have any experience with that game?[/QUOTE]

I do. And it's very underrated.

From the reviews, I thought I should just run far away. But then I headed to the forums, and nearly every actual user of the game liked it. Because it's nearly perfect 1-to-1, you have to throw your punches fast and hard to register a fast and hard hit -- and I think the professional reviewers were expecting something more casual like Wii Boxing.

You need to buy the game and two Move controllers, so it's quite the investment, but it's been worth it to me. If you check out the reviews on Amazon, you'll see that this game has nearly a 5-star review, where it's at less than 50% on Metacritic. I just don't know what the reviewers hated about this game -- or maybe it has been patched heavily since it came out and it just plays better now.

Online is a bit of a mess. Some of the matches are great fun when you have two people who actually want to fight, and other matches are a spammer/glitcher nightmare. Luckily though, the single player is strong and good fun and a great workout.

A great workout, eh? I need some more exercise to go along with my P90 fun times. I also have $35 credit I could use for another Move controller on Amazon, but it looks like they're OOS.

I have a Wii and Kinect, and I've been keeping an eye on Move deals since I want to pick one up when Killzone 3 comes out. I think HD FPS is a perfect niche for Move as my control preference for FPS is mouse > pointer > sticks.

It's unfortunate that there are so few appealing games for Move at the moment though, and there isn't a second game I'd be interested in this deal's choices. Thanks anyways though OP.

[quote name='nightmare452']After reading various reviews, I decided to take the Move bundle with The Fight. Now I need to find a second Move controller.[/QUOTE]
Same. Hopefully they get some more in stock so they can send em out.

[quote name='TraBuch']Same. Hopefully they get some more in stock so they can send em out.[/QUOTE]

Were you given an expected availability or ship date on your back order?

Thanks

I'm surprised Sony has brought out what Nintendo brought out years ago and act like this is something revolutionary. The Move is highly over-priced and buggy. 100 bucks for the starter pack, but some games require two controllers to play, which is another 50 bucks. For 150 bucks you can almost buy a whole Wii system with games.

Alright, Move controllers are back in stock on Amazon. Just bought one and with the credit I had, it was only $14.99. Now I just need this crap to get back in stock. I need mah virtual street fighting.

i absolutely love my Move. Games play excellent with it. Even the $10 Psn game Tumble is eye-opening in terms of how much control you have (the slightest turn of the wrist or forward backward motion is recognized, as you build crazy stacks jenga style).

And i love Sports Champions, even though i expected to hate it. some of the games are just so accurate i love to play them (table tennis is off the charts, and volleyball is just plain fun).

as for games coming out, people have already mentioned but it bears repeating -- lots of AAA titles coming relatively soon -- Killzone 3, Socom, etc. And both of those are getting fantastic early reviews from people that have played early builds on sites like ign and joystiq. can't wait!

bread's done
Back