Playstation Move Controller In-Stock at Amazon

this is a deal to me, I've been to 15 B&M stores since they 'buy 2 for $50' on move games at GS and haven't found an inkling of stock, with no word from employees on when they would get more. One BB in all the Houston area had one, but it was gone w/in 30 minutes after I first saw it...called the store and it was indeed a returned, open box item..

I wonder why this is so hard to find?!?! Is Move 2.0 coming out with enhanced waggle features? is Sony just going to throw in the towel on their less than 4 million sold?? I hope not..at least let me get up to 4 controllers before you do that Sony..

thanks OP!

it's because people who buy the starter bundle or the move console need the extra controllers. there are tons of starter bundles available because people only need to buy one of those, but need to get an additional 1-3 controllers so they sell quick. some games require 2 move controllers for each player.

sony should have manufactured 4x the amount of single controller than starter bundles. maybe they just made a 1:1 ratio or even a 1:2 ratio.

Thanks OP! Have been trying to track these down since before Christmas. Even my local SonyStyle store didn't have them.

I hope these stay in stock long enough for my credit for trading in some books come through. I also haven't been able to find these anywhere.

Finally I can grab a second one, which I haven't been able to find for a month and a half now! Been needing the second one for The Fight: Lights Out (yes, I've played it before, and it does work. :p).

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='TraBuch']It's actually been in stock for about a week now. Ordered mine awhile back with Amazon credit I had.[/QUOTE]

It hasn't. I've been checking daily since before Christmas. This was the first time I've seen it in stock.

[quote name='lyric706']It hasn't. I've been checking daily since before Christmas. This was the first time I've seen it in stock.[/QUOTE]
55419433.png

[quote name='TraBuch']
55419433.png
[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Yeah, it has been as I also ordered one on behalf of a friend.

Wish this thing used normal AAs. I'd probably actually buy one, as it looks like it's like the Wii's controls, only actually works...there's a handful of games I wouldn't mind it for, like replaying Dead Space Extraction with better graphics and controls, Heavy Rain (since it has weird controls anyway) etc.

This really does seem like the "winner" out of the three companies 'motion' controllers since it seems to be the most accurate and most applicable to real games.

OOS again. This item has been going in and out of stock daily. I guess they haven't received a large shipment yet since Christmas. Definitely sounds like Sony. LOL.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Wish this thing used normal AAs[/QUOTE]

are you having battery life issues? I've only charged mine twice since launch week, granted I maybe break it out twice a week, but it seems to maintain pretty well. At least a lot better than their stupid chat pad thing (I swear I charge it, use it a couple times, next time I want to a month later, its dead!)

also, my order shipped an hour ago..so excited!

[quote name='token2k6']are you having battery life issues? I've only charged mine twice since launch week, granted I maybe break it out twice a week, but it seems to maintain pretty well. At least a lot better than their stupid chat pad thing (I swear I charge it, use it a couple times, next time I want to a month later, its dead!)

also, my order shipped an hour ago..so excited![/QUOTE]

It's quite fun. I played Sports Champion with it and had lots of fun. Alot more accurate than the Wii. I tried Tiger Woods and it was just tacked on and the controls were cumbersome to use. I need to try out RE5 and HR with this.

I don't have one, mostly because it doesn't use normal batteries. Don't like stuff with proprietary batteries, and even less when they're sealed. Long term these things will die and be useless, so I'm not investing in it.

I like that Microsoft and Nintendo are using normal batteries...

[quote name='frpilot']it's because people who buy the starter bundle or the move console need the extra controllers. there are tons of starter bundles available because people only need to buy one of those, but need to get an additional 1-3 controllers so they sell quick. some games require 2 move controllers for each player.

sony should have manufactured 4x the amount of single controller than starter bundles. maybe they just made a 1:1 ratio or even a 1:2 ratio.[/QUOTE]

Sony haven't been manufacturing that many. They simply want people to buy (2) starter bundles. More profit for them, especially during the holiday season

[quote name='Wolfpup']Wish this thing used normal AAs. I'd probably actually buy one, as it looks like it's like the Wii's controls, only actually works...there's a handful of games I wouldn't mind it for, like replaying Dead Space Extraction with better graphics and controls, Heavy Rain (since it has weird controls anyway) etc.

This really does seem like the "winner" out of the three companies 'motion' controllers since it seems to be the most accurate and most applicable to real games.[/QUOTE]
The Wii controls don't work??? :roll: Out of the three companies, the Move is actually "dead last" right now.

[quote name='leopaw']The Wii controls don't work??? :roll: [/quote]

They have severe limitations Movement doesn't.

Out of the three companies, the Move is actually "dead last" right now.

I didn't mention and don't care about sales figures.

what you dont know?
Sales make everything fun
The more sales there are, the better the product/service is!

how i hate society

[quote name='Wolfpup']I don't have one, mostly because it doesn't use normal batteries. Don't like stuff with proprietary batteries, and even less when they're sealed. Long term these things will die and be useless, so I'm not investing in it.

I like that Microsoft and Nintendo are using normal batteries...[/QUOTE]

You can change the batteries for the DS3 so I wouldn't see the issue with the move controller as I'm sure they use the same type of rechargeable battery. It might be a little bit of a pain but it can be done and the batteries aren't that expensive. Either way the batteries hold their life for quite a long time so I don't see the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWk4MBiu0a4

http://www.google.com/products/cata...battery&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=9474992689052154813#

It's certainly not forever, it's not a standard battery, and if it's half as hard as on a DS3, it's not something I want to mess with.

These have NOT been in stock constantly. So you guys posting stuff happened to get one when they were in stock. Doesn't mean they have been in stock 24/7. I've been watching ever since I got the deal on SonyStyle on the bundle, and yesterday was the first I'd seen them.

My local Wal-mart is out too, and they are out of the Epic Mickey Wii Nunchuk too. Pretty good indicator lately if they are out of stuff it is truly "rare"/hard to find.

And there was still only one at a college town Hastings this past weekend. That was a good indicator as well, as they had plenty of stock on about every other piece of gaming hardware.

[quote name='leopaw']The Wii controls don't work??? :roll: Out of the three companies, the Move is actually "dead last" right now.[/QUOTE]

Every B&M store I go to, I see stacks of the Kinect but very few Moves. Its probably due to the few PS3 owners compared to the 360/Wii and they did not make enough controllers. Every PS3 move owner is going to want at least 2 for the full experience.

bread's done
Back