Playstation Move Mayhem Edition $89 at Best Buy

shadow17x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but the PS3 move Mayhem edition is $89 at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...8444836601&skuId=3991358&st=mayhem&cp=1&lp=15

Includes the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter, one PlayStation Move motion controller, one PlayStation Move navigation controller, one PlayStation Eye camera, Resistance 3 game and Killzone 3 game.

There is a similar Resistance bundle called the Doomsday edition that does not include Killzone. Should be available for pickup or online order.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was this price from around black friday through xmas, not sure if it went back up after christmas. Every best buy ive been too has a ton of these even after them being 99 for weeks. I think this could drop lower soon.

[quote name='caltab']It was this price from around black friday through xmas, not sure if it went back up after christmas. Every best buy ive been too has a ton of these even after them being 99 for weeks. I think this could drop lower soon.[/QUOTE]

I picked one up because it's not a bad price. Most other stores I see have the Doomsday edition at $150 and it doesn't even include Killzone.

If I were looking for Move or some new shooters, I would think this is a great deal, but considering my backlog, the last thing I need is more anything!

I think I'll get a Move eventually, just not yet.

[quote name='caltab']It was this price from around black friday through xmas, not sure if it went back up after christmas. Every best buy ive been too has a ton of these even after them being 99 for weeks. I think this could drop lower soon.[/QUOTE]

I'm holding out on it with this same logic.

Not that it probably won't back fire on me but still.

How is the move? I recently just picked up a PS3 with the uncharted bundle. I want to start building up my ps3 exclusives. I had a kinect for my xbox sure it was fun when everyone was drunk and we played but it got old fast since everything is on rails. Sold it off a month after playing it.

[quote name='iowaholdem']If I were looking for Move or some new shooters, I would think this is a great deal, but considering my backlog, the last thing I need is more anything!

I think I'll get a Move eventually, just not yet.[/QUOTE]

If you want to get a Move eventually, this is a hard deal to pass up. Even if you plan on waiting for a price drop some day, if a normal Move set goes down to $49 retail, that still makes this just $50 more for Killzone 3, Resistance 3, the Sharpshooter and the Nav controller.

It is a damn good deal, so if you have the means, I recommend giving it a second look.

I bought it on december, I like it since it's more precise than my wii and the graphics make you feel more immersed in the games. It's a great bundle for the price and don't think it will drop much lower if any since it has a lot of goodies for $99!

I bought this for $120, opened it, saw it for $100, bought it, and returned that one using the receipt for the $120 one.

Helluva deal.

Move controller
Nav controller
PS Eye
Resistance 3
Killzone 3
Sharpshooter gun

I almost bit on the other Move bundle for $70 as well with Deadmunds Quest and Sports Champions so I could have 2 Moves.

Just think, Those Move bundles like the SOCOM 4 bundle were going for $150.

For $170 you could have 4 games, 2 PS Eyes (I do have 2 PS3s), and 2 Moves with Nav, plus the Sharpshooter.

Do you guys really think this is gonna go down in price even more? I think this is a great deal, but the reason I didn't buy it, is because I'm not into shooters like that, but if it goes down even more, I can not resist that!

[quote name='kiwimonster']How is the move? I recently just picked up a PS3 with the uncharted bundle. I want to start building up my ps3 exclusives. I had a kinect for my xbox sure it was fun when everyone was drunk and we played but it got old fast since everything is on rails. Sold it off a month after playing it.[/QUOTE]

its pretty good when it comes to sports games it can be a bit off at times(i got the tiger woods 60 dollar move bundle set) but i hear its very good with shooters.i wont know for sure until i can get the latest hotd for 20.

[quote name='kiwimonster']How is the move? I recently just picked up a PS3 with the uncharted bundle. I want to start building up my ps3 exclusives. I had a kinect for my xbox sure it was fun when everyone was drunk and we played but it got old fast since everything is on rails. Sold it off a month after playing it.[/QUOTE]

I've only played Tiger Woods 2012 (bought the $60 bundle from BB) and 2 on the rails shooters, Dead Space Extraction and Time Crisis Razing Storm with the move and sharp shooter so far, but I like it a lot better than my Wii. I have Dead Space Extraction on my Wii too and the PS3 version w/move and sharp shooter blows it away.

I'm not a huge Killzone fan, but I'm sure I'll pick up KZ3 and Resistance 3 at some point in time to use with my move/sharpshooter.

If I ever decide to replay Heavy Rain to get different endings I'll probably use the move for that.

The ps3 move library is very limited right now, i guess it wouldn't hurt to wait and see if the move gets more games since most of their popular games are wii games getting an HD face lift

[quote name='exaznkid']The ps3 move library is very limited right now, i guess it wouldn't hurt to wait and see if the move gets more games since most of their popular games are wii games getting an HD face lift[/QUOTE]

It's been almost a year and a half since the Move's launch.. There's rumors that the PS4 will be shown at E3, which means developers will soon start developing for the PS4. I don't think there's going to be much more Move integration on PS3 games.

[quote name='Scorch']It's been almost a year and a half since the Move's launch.. There's rumors that the PS4 will be shown at E3, which means developers will soon start developing for the PS4. I don't think there's going to be much more Move integration on PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

The question is will Sony will keep the current Move tech and carry it over to PS4?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony likes to abandon its proprietary tech, that's why I don't have much hope for future move titles. I think they will wind up copying kinect or whatever is successful in 2013.

[quote name='Scorch']It's been almost a year and a half since the Move's launch.. There's rumors that the PS4 will be shown at E3, which means developers will soon start developing for the PS4. I don't think there's going to be much more Move integration on PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

This list isn't long enough as it is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Move_games

And your time frame is way off. Let's just say the PS4 is shown at E3 (which is just wild speculation at this point), that still puts release at probably Fall of 2013. New consoles don't completely overtake the old ones immediately. You're probably looking at quality PS3 games being made for another 2 years after the PS4's release.

So you're worried that there won't be much more Move integration over the next 3 or so years? Really?

[quote name='erickdj']it's down to $89 now, I wonder if I should bite at this point...[/QUOTE]

not a bad price, but 99 seems like best buys new msrp on them, I wouldnt be shocked to seem them go to 79.99, and in enough time even lower. The goldeneye bundle was 79.99 once already at either amazon or bestbuy, cant remember which one. I think goldeneye is worth about the same as kz and resistance combined because its newer. If you really want it though, 90 is a decent price.

Anyone know if BB has a policy of matching the current price and refunding the difference if it's within a certain time limit? Bought the bundle 5 days ago for $100 and have yet to open it when I saw the new $90 price. I would return my original bundle and re buy it again at the new price, but my local BB is out of stock on it.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Anyone know if BB has a policy of matching the current price and refunding the difference if it's within a certain time limit? Bought the bundle 5 days ago for $100 and have yet to open it when I saw the new $90 price. I would return my original bundle and re buy it again at the new price, but my local BB is out of stock on it.[/QUOTE]

I think they price match w/in 30 days normally and 45 days if your a premier rewards zone member.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Anyone know if BB has a policy of matching the current price and refunding the difference if it's within a certain time limit? Bought the bundle 5 days ago for $100 and have yet to open it when I saw the new $90 price. I would return my original bundle and re buy it again at the new price, but my local BB is out of stock on it.[/QUOTE]
You have 30 days to PM.

They should. I bought the bundle on BF for $120, then went back weeks later when it dropped to $100 to get the refund. I had no problems. I'll probably go back and try to get the $90 price now, assuming I can find my receipt.

[quote name='outkastx']I thought you could PM through the end of Jan for holiday purchases.[/QUOTE]

Through January 24th, I believe.

this sounds like a great deal, plus both games can be played in 3D... goes nicely with the sony 3D display that also just went back on sale.

I picked this up from my local BB at 1:00, I guess just before it went down in price -_- lol

I can just go back with my in-store pickup e-mail and pricematch right?

Too funny...I was all ready to buy it at $99, but the price had already dropped by the time I got there, yay!

Wow, thought I'd never see that price drop.
If it goes down to 75 or 80, I'll cop. For sure.
I'm just afraid that they'll stop making them before it gets another chance to drop.

This seems tempting. I already have all the PS Move pieces included with this. Although might consider it since I don't have Killzone 3 or Resistance 3 and can give the sharpshooter to a friend who has all the other PS Move pieces included here.

Still stuck with the camera/PS move controller/navigation controller. I guess I could have 3 Move controllers, 3 PS eyes, 2 Sharpshooters, and 3 Navigation controllers.

Edit: Let's see, Killzone 3 was $20 at Newegg during the holidays, guessing Resistance 3 was the same, and the sharpshooter costs $20. So, I'm out $30 on stuff I don't really want. Still kind of a tough decision, even at $90.

What sucks is that Amazon doesn't seem to want to take Resistance 3 for trade in anymore and they'll only give $15 for Killzone 3 - I've played and beat both so they're not much use to me.

This actually works out pretty great for me:

I'm in need of a second PS Eye (and a second Nav slightly)

After using a $10 Reward Zone certificate, returning the copy of R3 I got for Christmas, and trading in the Sharpshooter (which I already have), and the second Move controller (which I already have two of) I'll be able to get the PS Eye and the Nav for ~$15

First off, this is a great deal. You get a ton of stuff and two good games. I've bought all of the items included in this pack separately and paid double the price.

As for move itself, I'm really disappointed with the direction Sony took with it. Pointer-based aiming has the potential to be way more precise than using an analog stick. With the popularity of shooters, they could have gained a lot of market share if it caught on.

Instead, Sony seems to think that Move implementation needs to be more than just for aiming. Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 both control like lightgun games (crosshair is not the center of the screen), and the latter puts an ugly opaque crosshair that completely covers any far away enemy. The scheme isn't that bad, but I think it scares other publishers from adding Move support because of the extra work involved. It would have been so much better if Sony pushed for the Move as simply an alternate to the right analog stick, and that would have made it so much easier to include in all games.

[quote name='erickdj']it's down to $89 now, I wonder if I should bite at this point...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! I got it last month for $99. Heading to BB after work to get the price difference back.

[quote name='isaac clarke']Do the games included have a barcode to scan or the not for resale logo on them ?[/QUOTE]

Fake barcodes with a bunch of zeroes.

[quote name='diplo']Wow, didn't think it would go down in price, hmmm will it go down to 80? :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised to see this at $80. Seems like they still have a lot of these bundles sitting around.

I think it'll hit $69 Killzone Helghast Editions were what $125? I bought one near Christmas from best buy for $24.99 There are tons of these bundles and they're not moving. The two games are getting older, even though they're awesome games. so I think it'll hit this low if you wait patiently which I will. I already have both games

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I think it'll hit $69 Killzone Helghast Editions were what $125? I bought one near Christmas from best buy for $24.99 There are tons of these bundles and they're not moving. The two games are getting older, even though they're awesome games. so I think it'll hit this low if you wait patiently which I will. I already have both games[/QUOTE]

thats diff ce are notorious for dropping in price over time no matter how expensive they start off.

I have been debating on this sale for over a week, saying that if is disappears before I make the final submit order click that it was not meant to be. Funny how a 10$ drop immediately sealed the deal for me. Any tips on Move games to stay away from (Kung Fu Rider comes to mind)......or any experience with John Daly's Prostroke Golf vs. Tiger Woods 11 or 12?

bread's done
Back