Playstation Move Mayhem Edition $89 at Best Buy

shadow17x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else but the PS3 move Mayhem edition is $89 at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+Co...8444836601&skuId=3991358&st=mayhem&cp=1&lp=15

Includes the PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter, one PlayStation Move motion controller, one PlayStation Move navigation controller, one PlayStation Eye camera, Resistance 3 game and Killzone 3 game.

There is a similar Resistance bundle called the Doomsday edition that does not include Killzone. Should be available for pickup or online order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those on the fence may want to reconsider and just buy now. Unless Best Buy plans on restocking these, I doubt they will still be around for another price drop.

All the Best Buys around me in Orange County are currently sold out of this set so i ended up ordering it from the site. Great deal since i been wanting to pick up Resistance 3, the sharpshooter, and the nav controller. I already have someone in mind to sell the extra move controller, camera, and killzone game since i already have those.

Anyone know the direct number to corporate? I just called BB to get a price match on this and was denied. I was told they don't price match bundles. Yet, I was able to get one no problem, when it dropped to $99.99. This was also straight from a manager.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']I'm very tempted but is it really worth getting move for a person who already has an Xbox with Kinect and a Wii?[/QUOTE]

If you play PS games with Move support, then yeah, especially for this price.

If you value the two (pretty awesome) games at just $25/ea, you're getting a FULL move setup for around $40 (plus taxes, obviously), which is a pretty great price, even if you are vaguely interested in the technology. Consider that just the Sharpshooter peripheral itself retails for $40 (although it does go on sale quite often for around $20), that's a hell of a deal any way you slice it. I can personally vouch for KZ3; the graphics are fantastic, and I have had (and still do have) a blast with the multiplayer. Although R3 is sitting on my gaming shelf, I can't say that I've checked it out yet, but the Resistance series always gets decent-to-good marks, and both games have full Move support (obviously) and 3D support, as well.

The camera just needs to be calibrated, the eye is a really touchy thing so if it moves or you your position the aim may seem off.

I haven't read this whole thread but also as an FYI, this bundle is on sale til 1/28 for the $100. Though to sweeten the deal that much more there is a coupon for $10 off that is being handed out by 'Playstation Move Reps' that are in store.

The funny thing about this coupon is 1) it stacks with the sale price and 2) the coupon states that it ONLY works with the Deadmund/Sports Champioins $100 Bundle and the LittleBigPlanet 2 SE Bundle. But it works with the Mayhem Bundle as well as the Goldeneye Double 'O' Bundle (which is also $100 til 1/28)

EDIT: OK just now saw that the Mayhem bundle is going for $89, So with coupon it would be $79.

[quote name='MidnightMetal']I haven't read this whole thread but also as an FYI, this bundle is on sale til 1/28 for the $100. Though to sweeten the deal that much more there is a coupon for $10 off that is being handed out by 'Playstation Move Reps' that are in store.

The funny thing about this coupon is 1) it stacks with the sale price and 2) the coupon states that it ONLY works with the Deadmund/Sports Champioins $100 Bundle and the LittleBigPlanet 2 SE Bundle. But it works with the Mayhem Bundle as well as the Goldeneye Double 'O' Bundle (which is also $100 til 1/28)

EDIT: OK just now saw that the Mayhem bundle is going for $89, So with coupon it would be $79.[/QUOTE]

Are these reps at every store? I don't seem to recall there being reps there when I went the other day, maybe my best buy is lame :(.

Yours could be lame. Haha jk. I'm pretty sure it is going to be more of the popular/bigger stores that will have the PS Reps. I know for my store the PS Rep schedule changes from week to week. Usually weekends and random weekdays in the afternoon.
I'm sure you could easily find the coupon scan online, I'll try to post it when I get a chance. Though YMMV on using a scanned coupon in-store.

If I didn't already own both of these games I would jump on this. I doubt that the trade-in values are that high

[quote name='Dev518']If I didn't already own both of these games I would jump on this. I doubt that the trade-in values are that high[/QUOTE]

It's well worth it. $40 for the PS Eye, $40 move controller, $20 navigation, and $20 sharp shooter with them being on sale. It's well worth getting the pack and trade-in values on the two games total to $20 not including a trade-in bonus.

[quote name='Scorch']It's been almost a year and a half since the Move's launch.. There's rumors that the PS4 will be shown at E3, which means developers will soon start developing for the PS4. I don't think there's going to be much more Move integration on PS3 games.[/QUOTE]
its already be said many times, any "ps4" would be at least 2015

OP has been updated to reflect the new price of $89. Let's hope this thing keeps going down each week before they decide to remove the SKU from their listings.

had to pull the trigger on this today. i saw more and more stores were sold out and felt soon they would not ship. i will sell the KZ3 game to pawn america where hopefully they give me 25. Might finish Resistance 3 first and then sell. got about halfway thru while renting it. Move will be fun to play with heavy rain.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I've read some user reviews that the move is not accurate when it comes to FPS. Is that true?[/QUOTE]

I would say yes, and not just with FPS games, I totally expected it to rock with Dead Space Extraction, but nope, it's easier with the DS3 control pad. I picked it up before Xmas for $100 and can honestly say I regret it. Spent about an hour with it on R3 and the controls just never set in for me. The Sharpshooter definitely works better with KZ3 than it does with R3, but again, after 3 hours with it ( I was really really trying to justify my purchase of this thing) I still couldn't stop myself from reaching for the DS3. So right now, the Sharpshooter is just sitting idle and the only thing I've used the Move for is with the Deadman and Carnival demos...whooopee...

I actually had more fun back in the day with my Dreamcast and its guns when playing rail shooters than with the Move. Now I'm just hoping Sony actually makes something worth playing. Only saving grace now is that at least I can use the Eye as a mic so I don't have to wear a headset anymore.

Wow, this is pretty tempting at 90 bucks. Plus you get back over 200 RZ points, 4 dollars worth. Depending on how you want to break it down, you're paying something like this:

Eye $10
Move $15
Navi $10
SS $15
KZ3 $20
R3 $20

I bit on it. Picked it up on my lunch break. Most of the stores in my area were sold out. I think I only bought this purely for the novelty and for my collection. I'm not really a fan of motion control.

[quote name='gumbico']I actually had more fun back in the day with my Dreamcast and its guns when playing rail shooters than with the Move. Now I'm just hoping Sony actually makes something worth playing. Only saving grace now is that at least I can use the Eye as a mic so I don't have to wear a headset anymore.[/QUOTE]Your gonna see several more railshooters incoming like House of the dead & it wouldn't shock me to see a railshooter collection either.

The stores near me have tons of the Resistance 3 Doomsday bundles so it won't be long before these are clearanced out for $50-$70 or become DOTD fodder.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how it's gonna take Sony to put out some must have AAA move software though seems like Sorcery is the only thing on the horizon.

At least these type of games are only gonna cost $20

edit:heavy fire Afghanistan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnQn6863npE

I bought this for $100 a little before Christmas. Now that it's $10 cheaper, any way to price match that and get $10 back? I remember someone saying something about they will price match until a certain date. Anybody know anything about that? Don't shop too much at BB, so I don't know much about their price matches.

As for what I think on the bundle, I kind of almost regret it. Playing through KZ3 now. Turning can be a pain. If it were easier to turn, I would probably enjoy it more, but a lot of times, especially after using ironsights, which has different turning mechanics than normal aim, I'll have to readjust myself because I'll get thrown to facing the opposite direction or the ground/ceiling. Tried playing R3 first, but controls were worse and I read that KZ3 worked better with it, so I decided to go through that one instead and come back to R3 to see if I am used to it then.

I ordered this bundle online from Best Best for home delivery in early December, and they gave me back the $10 difference today over the phone (with email confirmation) without any drama at all.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']I bought this for $100 a little before Christmas. Now that it's $10 cheaper, any way to price match that and get $10 back? I remember someone saying something about they will price match until a certain date. Anybody know anything about that? Don't shop too much at BB, so I don't know much about their price matches.[/QUOTE]All purchases from 11/13 can be returned/exchanged/price matched till 1/24 so just bring your receipt & get the difference back.

This is a great deal. I got the Sharpshooter for $20 and already have Killzone 3 and Resistance 3 or else I would get this. KZ 3 and Resistance 3 are both good games and are in 3D as a bonus. I thought the 3D on KZ 3 was well done, but I know there are other that didn't like it. R3 was ok, but I didn't play it long in 3D.

Even if you don't use move for these games, Time Crisis and House of the Dead are good choices.

Got my 10.78 back with just my receipt. Just went in, told them I want a PM because it is on sale, left with my giftcard (as I paid initially with a giftcard). Bought some BLURAYs for $5 each after trading in old anime dvds (they even took my 'not for anyone under 18' ones).

$79 would be my "must bite" price point. Hopefully they take it down to $79 before it goes out of stock. Or maybe if amazon gets more in stock and they price match it, I'd buy it instantly.

I bought this not only because its a kick ass deal but because House of the Dead 4 is coming soon and want the sharpshooter for it.

[quote name='SideshowNick']I bought this not only because its a kick ass deal but because House of the Dead 4 is coming soon and want the sharpshooter for it.[/QUOTE]

That is the exact reason I bought this as well. House of the Dead is like Diablo or Shenmue for me...I will follow it whatever platform it goes to. And I have missed good "lightgun" games. Cabala's Big Game Hunter 2011 just didn't muster up,lol.

[quote name='erickdj']$79 would be my "must bite" price point. Hopefully they take it down to $79 before it goes out of stock. Or maybe if amazon gets more in stock and they price match it, I'd buy it instantly.[/QUOTE]

I thought this was a bestbuy exclusive bundle, in which case your amazon price match is not possible. I don't see any price history of amazon ever selling it directly.

But seriously, if you ever wanted a move and these accessories and games, I wouldn't pass this up over $10.

[quote name='dizwikedcbr']i bought this last month when it was 99.99, would i be able to get a price match? it purchase this on 12/10/11[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Enuf']All purchases from 11/13 can be returned/exchanged/price matched till 1/24 so just bring your receipt & get the difference back.[/QUOTE]

So, iow, yes.

BTW: How is pricematching handled if you use an RZ cert + cash? Do they refund as much as they can in points and then give back cash (say you had only used a $5 RZ cert) or do they refund cash first?

Corolary: If they refund RZ cert first, do you get a new expiration date? Or does it simply go back *as* points.

Appreciate the negative reviews as I suspect I also would not like the sharpsooter for FPS. As for the move/motion controls we already have Kinect and Wii and I barely use those.

[quote name='erickdj']How many people here have used it for FPS's and liked it?[/QUOTE]

I've used it for Resistance 3 in short bursts and enjoyed it. If you've only got ~30 minutes to play, its fun. However, if you want to play for longer periods of time, it gets tiring.

[quote name='hostyl1']So, iow, yes.

BTW: How is pricematching handled if you use an RZ cert + cash? Do they refund as much as they can in points and then give back cash (say you had only used a $5 RZ cert) or do they refund cash first?

Corolary: If they refund RZ cert first, do you get a new expiration date? Or does it simply go back *as* points.[/QUOTE]

I bought mine at $99 and used a $5 RZ cert, and the rest store credit. They just gave me the $10+tax back as store credit. The receipt they handed me shows that they adjusted the price from $95 to $85, on account of the $5 RZ cert.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I've used it for Resistance 3 in short bursts and enjoyed it. If you've only got ~30 minutes to play, its fun. However, if you want to play for longer periods of time, it gets tiring.
[/QUOTE]

So probably not worth it to play both KZ3 and Resistance 3 entirely with the sharpshooter controller? I'm mostly concerned about the single player experience with the sharpshooter, since I don't play multiplayer, I suck at playing online multiplayer anyway.

I realize this is a pretty good deal considering everything you get in the box, but I've got a VERY big backlog right now, plus I've got a kinect for "motion control" gaming, and I've been spending more than I should, honestly. So I'm on the fence about spending close to $100 on something that could potentially be disappointing. I've got Little Big Planet 2, which has Move support and has some levels which are only playable with the Move. Is it LBP2 worth playing with the Move?

[quote name='Brownjohn']I've used it for Resistance 3 in short bursts and enjoyed it. If you've only got ~30 minutes to play, its fun. However, if you want to play for longer periods of time, it gets tiring.

I bought mine at $99 and used a $5 RZ cert, and the rest store credit. They just gave me the $10+tax back as store credit. The receipt they handed me shows that they adjusted the price from $95 to $85, on account of the $5 RZ cert.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I played short burst on resistance and it was fun but tiring. I found kz a little frustrating.

[quote name='Stingermck']Agreed. I played short burst on resistance and it was fun but tiring. I found kz a little frustrating.[/QUOTE]

This is what worries me, seems more like a novelty item and not something that can be enjoyed over long periods of time.

[quote name='erickdj']Is it LBP2 worth playing with the Move?[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm wondering too. It's pretty much the only thing I'd use the Move for aside from maybe Sorcery when it comes out.

bread's done
Back