Playstation Network Cards ~20% Off - Dell

ironchefff

CAG Veteran
At Dell.ca, the $50 Sony Playstation Network card is on sale for $42.99 and the $20 Sony Playstation Network card is on sale for $15.99!

They're being a little creative on the regular price.

A3476340.jpg

From
spacer.gif
$55.99
You Save
spacer.gif
$13.00
spacer.gif

Now $42.99

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/products/PLAYSTATION%C2%AE_3/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A3476340

A3476339.jpg

From
spacer.gif
$22.99
You Save
spacer.gif
$7.00
spacer.gif

Now $15.99

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...l.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A3476339

Deal expires October 15th.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll probably buy at least one card because even though you're not saving that much it's still better than nothing.

[quote name='game_fanatic']True say Hockridge, the $50 PSN cards ends up being $48.58 taxes included.[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on what province you are in. Some provinces don't have to pay certain taxes.

A $50 card would end up being $45.14 for me, and a $20 card would be $16.79, which isn't too bad, but still not sure if i am going for it.

I decided to get 2 $20 cards, as I plan on getting a few things from psn this month and next. I would get one more but money is kinda tight right now :(

[quote name='saad77']A $50 card would end up being $45.14 for me, and a $20 card would be $16.79, which isn't too bad, but still not sure if i am going for it.[/QUOTE]

The $20 cards are the better deal for sure. $100 worth of $20 cards (in Alberta) comes to $83.95, while the same value of $50 cards is $90.28.

It's a great deal for me, anyhow, since I buy all my PSP games digitally if I can help it.

Awesome deal. Only had to pay 33.58 for 2 $20 PSN cards which saved about 15% which is still a lot better than paying full price.

Looks like the $20 cards are gone. The link just goes to the Electronics and Accessories main page. I did a search on the site for playstation network cards, and only the $50 cards came up.

I believe that PSP LittleBigPlanet is $11.99 and PSP Grand Turismo is a cheap $$ also.
Plus free shipping.

I received an e-mail saying that my order for 2 of the $20 psn cards has been canceled due to the product no longer being available. Anyone else get an e-mail like this?

Either someone else ordered a ton of them, or Dell realized they made a mistake by putting the $20 cards on sale. I see the $50 is still listed on their site, but it's much less of a deal and more than i'm willing to spend right now.

[quote name='saad77']I received an e-mail saying that my order for 2 of the $20 psn cards has been canceled due to the product no longer being available. Anyone else get an e-mail like this?

Either someone else ordered a ton of them, or Dell realized they made a mistake by putting the $20 cards on sale. I see the $50 is still listed on their site, but it's much less of a deal and more than i'm willing to spend right now.[/QUOTE]
The last e-mail they sent said my order was confirmed. Hasn't shipped yet so I guess we'll see come tomorrow.

Not sure what happened but if your order got confirmed, it looks like Dell screwed me out of the cards then. The cancellation e-mail said the order was placed at 5pm, but my order acknowledgement e-mail arrived at 11:30 am, so something sounds iffy about the whole thing. I tried calling customer service, but it sounds like the operation is out of India and I was being given the run around, so I think i'm just going to let it go. Not worth the hassle.

good luck to those of you who ordered!

I thought these cards were not taxed? PSN taxes you through the store (again depending on where you live). So if you paid tax on the card you are paying tax twice since the system itself will charge you tax. The only place I've gotten PSN cards from are Best Buy (thanks Christmas gift cards) and they've never charged me tax.

[quote name='smallsharkbigbite']I thought these cards were not taxed?[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing. Here's my reply from a Dell CSR:

[quote name='Dell']I understand from your email that your concern is regarding the tax amount that was charged for your order number _________ as you do get charged for the taxes when you use it on Playstation Store. In regard to your concern, I would like to inform you that the tax amount you have been charged for your purchase is for the product or the hardware item that you have purchased from us and not for the services or the usage, which is the reason your account was charged for the tax amount.[/QUOTE]

Basically, "We're full of crap, but we're not going to fix it. Neener."

bread's done
Back