Playstation Now beta

I activated my invite for the PS4 beta last night and went to try it out, but honestly the selection looks like such shit I couldn't even be bothered to waste my time.  Are they at all trying to get people interested in this right now and not just work out bugs?  It was garbage.

I activated my invite for the PS4 beta last night and went to try it out, but honestly the selection looks like such shit I couldn't even be bothered to waste my time. Are they at all trying to get people interested in this right now and not just work out bugs? It was garbage.
they change out games often this selection is bad but up until now it's been pretty good.

My son likes Ben Ten, Im going to tryout riptide, the rest i will pass own or i own. They really need to fix the bugs though.

I feel like I can never get Riptide to play right. The controls always feel laggy and it always looks kind of choppy but it's the only game that does it.

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="11777058" timestamp="1400690637"]i wish they added games not switch games. i was in middle of couple games i never played and now can't play them.[/quote]
So the save file is saved in Sony's servers right? I wonder if those will be preserved for when those games return or have they been lost forever?

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot here, but I still don't understand if it's a subscription service or a rental service or a purchasing service.  Do you sign up and get access to "all" games available or do you get the service then still need to rent the games?

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot here, but I still don't understand if it's a subscription service or a rental service or a purchasing service. Do you sign up and get access to "all" games available or do you get the service then still need to rent the games?
no one knows... all we know for sure is you will be able to rent the games available for different periods of time. We don't know cost, and they have said they would have a monthly subscription price, but no one knows for sure again, wait until Monday.

no one knows... all we know for sure is you will be able to rent the games available for different periods of time. We don't know cost, and they have said they would have a monthly subscription price, but no one knows for sure again, wait until Monday.
Alright, so essentially I'm the norm :) If they start integrating these into plus or can migrate existing libraries I'd be a happy camper.

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot here, but I still don't understand if it's a subscription service or a rental service or a purchasing service. Do you sign up and get access to "all" games available or do you get the service then still need to rent the games?
It seems like a rental service. If you click on a game it currently says How Long Do you want the game for? 1 Day, 7 Days, 30 Days. All are Free now, but I'm assuming it would be like $2/$10/$20 or something like that.

Just got a PS4 invite. Overall, not bad. A bit of compression every now and then, but definitely playable. Selection of games is a bit "meh".

I just got my PS4 beta invite last night.

Dead Island Riptide played not that great. I could feel the imput lag when aiming.

Pacific Rim played pretty good. Not that bad of a game eather.

MX vs ATV played pretty good as well.  

The game selection is pretty crap from a few decent titles. I'd wish they had Uncharted 1 up there that be good.

One thing Ive heard is that if you own the disc (put it in the ps4) , you have access to stream that title
Unfortunately, I've only ever heard the exact opposite. Unless they offer a monthly subscription, they're basically losing money every time you'd put in a PS3 disc, from the streaming. From what I've seen, they look more like rental options only. 1-day, 3-day, 7-day, 30-day, for one game, as an example.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/3491430/how-play-ps3-games-on-ps4-backwards-compatibility/

http://www.businessinsider.com/you-can-play-old-playstation-games-on-the-ps4-2014-1

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/ps4-backwards-compatibility-can-you-play-ps3-games-on-ps4

Really? That's unfortunate then. Pointless service indeed if that's the case. IF the XBOX 1 wasn't such an "epic fail," I think the ps4 might have had a similar fate with this downgrade....all we got is better GPU/CPU's...ahhh don't mind me, im just in pain so im grouchy

Unfortunately, I've only ever heard the exact opposite. Unless they offer a monthly subscription, they're basically losing money every time you'd put in a PS3 disc, from the streaming. From what I've seen, they look more like rental options only. 1-day, 3-day, 7-day, 30-day, for one game, as an example.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/3491430/how-play-ps3-games-on-ps4-backwards-compatibility/

http://www.businessinsider.com/you-can-play-old-playstation-games-on-the-ps4-2014-1

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/ps4-backwards-compatibility-can-you-play-ps3-games-on-ps4
rental options are 4 hours ($2.99 to $4.99) 7 days ($3.99 to $5.99), and 30 days ($7.99 to $9.99). 90 days were as low as $14.99 (final fantasy 13) and as high as $30 (final fantasy 13-2, farming simulator). definitely not worth it, many of the 90 day (and some 30 day) prices were the same as amazon used game prices. i guess this might be decent for people that have never and will never own a ps3. psn games seemed to all be $2.99/$3.99/$5.99/$7.99 but there were some that were $4.99 for 90 days, probably ones that only cost $5 on the ps store. i guess they are targeting new owners that they hope buy the playstation tv or xbox gamers that migrated to ps4, though i didnt see many sony exclusives on there. an email they sent does say this is a "preliminary pricing test"

and the pricing structure is now live, so when the open beta goes live, be ready to spend some cash if you want to try it out. im going to play my 3 remaining free games until the time is up and then delete this thing. they did have some free games on there, but i couldnt tell if that was because i already owned the games (psn ones) or if they were just free for the beta or if they would be completely free. order up/ jimmie johnsons anything with an engine and big sky infinite come to mind as the freebies

Last edited by a moderator:
rental options are 4 hours ($2.99 to $4.99) 7 days ($3.99 to $5.99), and 30 days ($7.99 to $9.99). 90 days were as low as $14.99 (final fantasy 13) and as high as $30 (final fantasy 13-2, farming simulator). definitely not worth it, many of the 90 day (and some 30 day) prices were the same as amazon used game prices. i guess this might be decent for people that have never and will never own a ps3. psn games seemed to all be $2.99/$3.99/$5.99/$7.99 but there were some that were $4.99 for 90 days, probably ones that only cost $5 on the ps store. i guess they are targeting new owners that they hope buy the playstation tv or xbox gamers that migrated to ps4, though i didnt see many sony exclusives on there. an email they sent does say this is a "preliminary pricing test"

and the pricing structure is now live, so when the open beta goes live, be ready to spend some cash if you want to try it out. im going to play my 3 remaining free games until the time is up and then delete this thing. they did have some free games on there, but i couldnt tell if that was because i already owned the games (psn ones) or if they were just free for the beta or if they would be completely free. order up/ jimmie johnsons anything with an engine and big sky infinite come to mind as the freebies
I'm pretty much in the same boat. The service has worked reasonably well, but making me pay to beta test their stuff just kills it for me. I'd love to give them some direct feedback, but their stupid feedback forum hasn't worked right since the start - has anyone been able to get in that to tell Sony what they think?

having people pay for a "beta" is nonsense and the prices well those are just awful. Sony had a chance to make this service great now it's awful (unless they end up making it a unlimited gaming for so much a month like say netflix)

I am really hoping this will be a free service with Plus. Even if the prices were half of what has been reported with plus I still wouldn't even bother to download it I don't think. This might be for some people but not for me, not when I have the systems and buying these old games is not expensive.

having people pay for a "beta" is nonsense and the prices well those are just awful. Sony had a chance to make this service great now it's awful (unless they end up making it a unlimited gaming for so much a month like say netflix)
I think u mean gamefly because Netflix only has movies

Last edited:
I'm pretty much in the same boat. The service has worked reasonably well, but making me pay to beta test their stuff just kills it for me. I'd love to give them some direct feedback, but their stupid feedback forum hasn't worked right since the start - has anyone been able to get in that to tell Sony what they think?
i did something there, but that whole website is a disaster and its hard to tell what has been reported already and what hasnt. today i happened to get an email from them about the update and it has as email to send feedback to in there. i basically told them that at the current price structure would keep me from using playstation now and that i hoped to see a monthly pay option in the future.

I really hope when this goes live that we can use are old saves

bread's done
Back