PlayStation Now Three Month Sub Sale - $29.99 ($15 off) Until 7/11

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/reward_game/playstationnow-3-month-subscription-limited-time-offer/cid=IP9101-NPIA90010_01-PSNOWSUB03MODSCT

To celebrate reaching 400 games (scroll to the bottom for full list) in the PS Now Subscription library, they've put the three month sub on sale until July 11. It only works once per account, so you can't stack them up. Devices supporting PS Now.

If you still haven't used the free 7 day trial, that would be the best way to try it out and see if you want to go for this deal.

Details:

3 Months of PlayStation Now for Only $29.99 (Save 33%)
Get 33% off the regular price of the 3-Month Subscription—which gives you instant access to over 400 PS3 games. This limited time offer only applies to the first 3-Month subscription period and is only available in the United States of America and Canada until July 11th, 2016. Limit 1 purchase per user per account.

PlayStation Now Subscription Terms

Upon purchase, you will receive this subscription for 3 months. Unless you cancel your subscription at least one day prior to the end of the 3-month subscription period, your subscription will automatically convert to a regularly priced 3-month subscription, and $44.99 will be automatically be deducted from your network wallet in accordance with the PlayStation Network (PSN) Terms of Service and User Agreement. See https://www.playstationnetwork.com/terms-of-service/.

After conversion, your subscription will automatically renew every 3 months for $44.99 until you cancel it. You may cancel your subscription via the PSN account management tools, by contacting customer support at 877-971-7669 or through www.us.playstation.com. If you purchase this product, the auto top up setting in your PSN account will be turned “ON” to fund all PSN purchases using the credit card associated with your PSN account, if applicable.

ALREADY A PS NOW SUBSCRIBER?

This 3-Month subscription offer can be added to your current 1-Month, 3-Month or 12-Month PlayStation Now Subscription. When you complete this purchase, the expiration date of your subscription will be extended by 3-months and your account will automatically renew as a 3-Month Subscription at the full price of $44.99.

HOW DO I RESTART MY SUBSCRIPTION?

If you have previously canceled your PlayStation Now Subscription, you can turn it back on by simply purchasing this 3-Month Subscription.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: To use this subscription, you need a free PlayStation®Network account, PlayStation Now compatible device (i.e., PlayStation 4™ System), a compatible DualShock® controller and a 5Mbs or greater broadband Internet connection. You also need to accept the PlayStation Network Terms of Service. Service availability and performance may vary by area or other factors.

Canceling from a PS4 System

Sign in to PlayStation Network, then go to [Settings] > [PlayStation Network] > [Account Information] > [Services List] > [PLAYSTATION™NOW SUBSCRIPTION]. After selecting the subscription you want to cancel, select [Cancel Automatic Renewal].

Canceling from a Computer

Visit the link below, sign in to PlayStation Network, and then go to the Media section. After selecting the subscription you want to cancel, cancel the automatic subscription renewal. https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com

The PlayStation Now game streaming subscription is only available to U.S. residents and Canadian residents with a PlayStation Network account who are 18 years or older. High-speed broadband Internet service (5Mbs or greater) is required for download and access to certain content, features and benefits. Users are responsible for associated fees. Use of PSN and PlayStation Now are subject to the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement and applicable privacy policy.

PSN and PlayStation Now subscription games, features and offerings are subject to change without notice, including but not limited to the removal of games from the subscription service.

Any thoughts about PSNow on the Vita?  I'm heavily considering picking up the console once again and thought this would be a good time to take a look at PSNow as well.

This is probably a stupid question but I just want to be sure before I try... If I subscribe to PlayStation Now and cancel automatic renewal, will it cancel the subscription on me right at that moment, or will it just let the 3 months run their course and cancel itself on the last day?

This is probably a stupid question but I just want to be sure before I try... If I subscribe to PlayStation Now and cancel automatic renewal, will it cancel the subscription on me right at that moment, or will it just let the 3 months run their course and cancel itself on the last day?
If I remember correctly with my PS+ subscription, if it's the same process, if you tell it not to auto-renew it wont and will last till the last day.

IIRC from the trial, PS Now is like remote play in that you need a wired, commercial- grade Internet connection.

Besides the pricing, PS Now is actually not that bad of a system.  There are just too many other (newer) games to play right now, so I feel like a 3 month subscription would be a waste for me. 

Any thoughts about PSNow on the Vita? I'm heavily considering picking up the console once again and thought this would be a good time to take a look at PSNow as well.
It works fine as long as you have fast wi-fi (5+ Mbps). I use PS Now on my Vita at home and during my lunch break at work. In both places, I situate myself close to the router, so the streaming has been reliable for me although I know that I can't use PS Now in other areas at home or work. I haven't upgraded to a PS4 yet and don't have much time to play solo on my PS3 anymore. Whenever I do play on a console, it's almost always co-op gaming with my son on the PS3 or 360. PS Now is actually perfect for me because it allows me to catch up on some great PS3 games that I haven't been able to play, and it turns the Vita into the true portable console it was intended to be.

If you do get PS Now for the Vita, I would recommend getting a grip that adds L2/R2 buttons on the Vita. It'll make your gaming experience much better since using your fingers on the back touchpad can be awkward and uncomfortable. The grip for the Vita 2000 can be found on Amazon for about $42 while the grip for the 1000 is about $10 more.

https://www.amazon.com/Psvita2000-r2button-Load-Grip-Cover-Black/dp/B00TP8KBJI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465401776&sr=8-1&keywords=vita+l2+r2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0191F6L1G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by a moderator:
TSuHwmW.gif

It works fine as long as you have fast wi-fi (5+ Mbps). I use PS Now on my Vita at home and during my lunch break at work. In both places, I situate myself close to the router, so the streaming has been reliable for me although I know that I can't use PS Now in other areas at home or work. I haven't upgraded to a PS4 yet and don't have much time to play solo on my PS3 anymore. Whenever I do play on a console, it's almost always co-op gaming with my son on the PS3 or 360. PS Now is actually perfect for me because it allows me to catch up on some great PS3 games that I haven't been able to play, and it turns the Vita into the true portable console it was intended to be.

If you do get PS Now for the Vita, I would recommend getting a grip that adds L2/R2 buttons on the Vita. It'll make your gaming experience much better since using your fingers on the back touchpad can be awkward and uncomfortable. The grip for the Vita 2000 can be found on Amazon for about $42 while the grip for the 1000 is about $10 more.

https://www.amazon.com/Psvita2000-r2button-Load-Grip-Cover-Black/dp/B00TP8KBJI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465401776&sr=8-1&keywords=vita+l2+r2

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0191F6L1G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I have and love the Joetsu grip. There's a Hori grip coming in July that'll be a it cheaper. ~$32 to preorder and import at the moment, so it'll probably end up on Amazon around $30 through third party sellers.

I have and love the Joetsu grip. There's a Hori grip coming in July that'll be a it cheaper. ~$32 to preorder and import at the moment, so it'll probably end up on Amazon around $30 through third party sellers.
Yeah, I couldn't wait for the Hori grip. Plus, I have a 1000 and think the new grip is only for the 2000. However, I do like the fact that it has L2/R2 and L3/R3 buttons. It's going to be a must have for anyone that uses PS Now and/or remote play a lot.

Thanks for posting but this is still way over priced in my opinion. They need to get down to about $50 a year.
It would be a steal at that price. I think a more fair comparison is to compare PS Now with prices for the major streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, Prime). All 3 charge between $100-120 for an annual subscription. IMO, $10/month is fair, which makes this current deal nice and the $100 annual subscription they had around Christmas even nicer. Sony really just needs to stick to the $100-120 total annual price whether a sub is purchased monthly, quarterly or annually. I can understand charging a bit of a premium for one month subs, but $20 is ridiculous.

Even on my wired connection is looked like garbage. I wanted to play through AC1 because I've never played them, and it look horrible. The graphics were flat and controls were off. Put my GFs copy in my PS3 and it looked good and played like it should. So YMMV on this. I'm not happy with it as it is and put in a request for a refund (first in 5+ years).

bread's done
Back