Playstation Plus Expiration dates on downloads

Indiana

CAGiversary!
I just downloaded a bunch of PS3 games that are currently free for PS+ and I noticed the games have an expiration date of 2/2/2015. Does this mean that these games will not be playable after this date?

The games should always be playable as long as you have an active PS+ subscription.  If it expires, you won't be able to play them--and I'm guessing that date is the date your PS+ subscription expires. 

However, you don't lose the games permanently if you let your subscription expire.  You get access to everything you added to your download list when you sign up again.

I just downloaded a bunch of PS3 games that are currently free for PS+ and I noticed the games have an expiration date of 2/2/2015. Does this mean that these games will not be playable after this date?
What other people said, and if you ever add a month or year, just start up the game and the expiration date will update to your new PS+ expiration date. If you let PS+ lapse on 2/2/2015 then renew say on 8/8/2015, all those previous games will become available again along with the new games. PS+ builds a library the longer you use it.

All free stuff will expire when your ps+ expired all stuff you buy at a discount will not expire

Ok thanks for the info. You are right that is the date my PS Plus will expire now. That's good to know. I was concerned that PS3 games might not work on PS+ next year.

I have had a couple of games give me warnings while I was playing them that they are going to expire even though my plus account had well over a year left on it.  On two occasions they actually quit, but restarted when I turned my PS3 off and on again.  Kind of weird and it freaked me out the first time the warning came up.

I had that as well, but it was because when I "bought" or activated those games, I was on a trial of PS+, so it sets the expiration date to whenever it was at the time of downloading the game. Freaked me out a bit too, considering I had bought a year of PS+ since then, haha.

bread's done
Back