Playstation Protection Plans

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/index.htm

Theres a link to the site above basically the news on ign is that you will be able to buy an additional 1 to 2 years worth of warranty or your ps3, pspgos, psp3000s if the systems mentioned are purchased new or are still under warranty.

You'll be able to buy one extra year for 49.99 or 2 years for 59.99 for the ps3. for the psps its 29.99 for one year and 39.99 for 2. theres also an accidental damage plan for psps which will run 39.99 for one year and 49.99 for 2.

This is pretty good, except I was hoping for some longer term plans, and it would have been better if it had been bundled with some subscription service.

I'm getting a squaretrade one in a few months. I think it was 35 bucks for 3 years.
They seem to get good reviews and my last ps3 didnt last 2 years so i need something.

Aw. I was ready to get one for my freezing PS3, but it's out of warranty now. I really would rather have a PS3 that didn't freeze.

My PS3 hasn't given me any problems yet but I definitely would have purchased an extended warranty if mine was still within the 1 year warranty...

Eh, nice that they offer it, and it's a reasonable price. I would probably still pass on it though if, or when I get a PS3 slim.

2 years for 59.99

if you think there's a greater than 20% chance of your $300 ps3 to fail in the next two years, you should buy it. otherwise, you're going against the expected value and paying too much.

I wonder how much different this is from the normal extended service plan. I bought my PS3 from SonyStyle and got a 2 year extended service plan for $50. I was told that I could extend it later before the 2 years was up. Don't know if that's true though.

bread's done
Back