Playstation PSP graffiti ads - What do you think?

Everyone claims they're illegal, but Sony is paying the property owners for wall-space. Just had to clear that up. As for the campaign itself, lame, but there are very few "viral" marketing programs that are any good.

That's actually kind of cool.

I claim a conspiracy, though, because I don't believe those old bastards in marketing can really do something "hip".

I think it was the aliens.

Sony is not hip. Hasn't been since the walkman. They need to get the fuck over themselves. They almost make microsoft look cool. Almost...

The advertisement fails on the most basic level: it gives me no desire at all to buy a PSP. Same with the latest commercials - they're not "cool", they're really fucking annoying.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']The advertisement fails on the most basic level: it gives me no desire at all to buy a PSP. Same with the latest commercials - they're not "cool", they're really fucking annoying.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Those new commercials they run on TV are probably the worst ever. It makes me glad I sold my PSP a few weeks ago. What two cartoon squirrels saying something about how the PSP is like a nut has anything to do with showing off the system is beyond me.

Its funny though... they're complaining that they're against some anti blight ordinances, but people are vandalizing the "vandalism".

If they got someone that was actually good at writing then it could have been cool (if it was actually sony's idea). It looks like some toy was bored. They look more like stencil's than free-hand. It looks like crap and someone better should do it if sony wants respect, but then again people seem to like it.

the ads are piss poor. I don't they will work at all. They should try to sell more units by droping the price of the games/movies. I've seen better graffiti art on the side of the road on the 10.

It reminds me of the old tobacco ads that were painted on the sides of buildings and barns except nobody knows what the hell they're advertising.

I think they're crap. The best advertising leaves the product or brand in your mind. Which is why the old Sega ads were great. They were funny and clever (like the elves and S&K), whereas these ads just look like hack slop.

bread's done
Back