Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='xcefkevin']I know a few people have mentioned this and I just want to say it again. I just received my stuff today and I can't believe how nice those bookends are. They work great and is just what I needed for all my games.

I also like the plush toy although I was a little disappointed that the zipper really didn't work haha. I got him guarding my COD Night Vision Goggles while eating from his Fallout 3 Lunchbox.[/QUOTE]

D: I wanted the NVG from MW2 CE... but the Sackboy plushie will do... girls love these things and I could use that on my favor :cool:

Package came in. The bookends are like mock wood...you know what I mean? It's plastic but it feels just like hard wood. It's awesome. It's got grips on the bottom as well. The plush is cool too haha

Got two packages from House Party today, a day earlier than expected. My wife and I are underwhelmed by the bookends, but they're still nice to have. Now I don't have to try to track down a cheap copy of the Collector's Edition.

The other package was from the Pull-Ups House Party. Nothing terribly exciting, but it came with a $15 Walmart gift card and 14 inflatable guitars (my son LOVES it), sticker sheets, coupon books (can easily sell these if I want), door hangers, "potty dance" mats, DVD's, and a couple of other things (as well as 120 Huggies points). Like I said, nothing exciting, but there are some decent freebies. I'll have to invite some parents over for a "party" so I can give some of the stuff away.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Their site isn't that bad. If you ever run into any problems, just use the links in the first OP. I did that for a while, and it saved me some time while I was getting my points. Besides I love getting free stuff. I hope this program goes on and on.[/QUOTE]
But see, the web site shouldn't need to have a little tutorial with specific links just to make everything easier for people. It should be part of the site's design. I get around just fine because I've been on there a while and I know what I'm doing, but there is no shortage of people who go out of their minds trying to figure out how to navigate it (even I had no idea how to get anywhere at first).

Last edited by a moderator:
Been wondering....
This is supposed to be ending at the end of March.
Does anyone have any ideas about what will be happening, then?
New group, extend current, ending program? Has anyone heard anything?

[quote name='WonkyToad']Been wondering....
This is supposed to be ending at the end of March.
Does anyone have any ideas about what will be happening, then?
New group, extend current, ending program? Has anyone heard anything?[/QUOTE]

Hope they don't terminate the program that soon (I can't be that unlucky...)

[quote name='zennacko']Hope they don't terminate the program that soon (I can't be that unlucky...)[/QUOTE]

You are. ;)

I mean, it sucks for those just getting in...but we've known since the beginning of the 2011 program that it runs through March 2012.

[quote name='SmashMan']You are. ;)

I mean, it sucks for those just getting in...but we've known since the beginning of the 2011 program that it runs through March 2012.[/QUOTE]

I would assume that since there was a program in 2010 that it will continue into 2012 also. Hope so anyway.

Got my package today. I walked in to my house, threw my jacket onto my bed, and then there was a knock on the door with the package sitting on my porch. Literally beat the delivery to my house by seconds!

Yesterday I got my package... under the rain :cry: at least the insides didn't get wet at all... now I need to wait for my enhanced pack for this month (maybe they'll ship GT5XL and our January rewards together... if they don't , whatever.)

Also, what game do you think is going to be the next month's tier 3 reward? (let's speculate! we're just a week away from February...)
I can dream with FFXIII-2... (though the only one I'm really looking for is FFX HD) since there's no way they could give us MK or DMC Collection or Max Payne 3...

[quote name='zennacko']Yesterday I got my package... under the rain :cry: at least the insides didn't get wet at all... now I need to wait for my enhanced pack for this month (maybe they'll ship GT5XL and our January rewards together... if they don't , whatever.)

Also, what game do you think is going to be the next month's tier 3 reward? (let's speculate! we're just a week away from February...)
I can dream with FFXIII-2... (though the only one I'm really looking for is FFX HD) since there's no way they could give us MK or DMC Collection or Max Payne 3...[/QUOTE]
I think it might be the Mortal Kombat Kollection (I think that it is spell it with the 'K' to match the game)

[quote name='Gamer44']I think it might be the Mortal Kombat Kollection (I think that it is spell it with the 'K' to match the game)[/QUOTE]

I agree it totally fits the theme and everything! Nothing says family togetherness like Johnny Cage punching someones head off :roll:

As long as we're beginning the speculation...

You have to remember that the next game almost always comes out late in the month or early the next, so MLB 12 The Show fits that bill. There's also Twisted Metal, but that's rated Mature, so I'm not sure they're willing to venture into an M rated game again. There's a ton of games coming out, but those are the two big Sony releases, everything else is a third party title. And there's always the option of them going back to something a little older.

Have they ever gave away an M rated game? It be sick to get Twisted Metal, but I don't know if they can giveaway an M rated game. I'll be extremely happy with MLB The Show 12 though

[quote name='diplo']Have they ever gave away an M rated game? It be sick to get Twisted Metal, but I don't know if they can giveaway an M rated game. I'll be extremely happy with MLB The Show 12 though[/QUOTE]

Clearly they can do as they please, but no they've yet to give a M rated game. I believe a lot of people are still mixing up inFAMOUS 2 for an M rated title so sometimes it gets mentioned as "again" like Redeema did.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Got two packages from House Party today, a day earlier than expected. My wife and I are underwhelmed by the bookends, but they're still nice to have. Now I don't have to try to track down a cheap copy of the Collector's Edition.

The other package was from the Pull-Ups House Party. Nothing terribly exciting, but it came with a $15 Walmart gift card and 14 inflatable guitars (my son LOVES it), sticker sheets, coupon books (can easily sell these if I want), door hangers, "potty dance" mats, DVD's, and a couple of other things (as well as 120 Huggies points). Like I said, nothing exciting, but there are some decent freebies. I'll have to invite some parents over for a "party" so I can give some of the stuff away.

But see, the web site shouldn't need to have a little tutorial with specific links just to make everything easier for people. It should be part of the site's design. I get around just fine because I've been on there a while and I know what I'm doing, but there is no shortage of people who go out of their minds trying to figure out how to navigate it (even I had no idea how to get anywhere at first).[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're right. I actually prefer the old site to the new one. That's just me though. I feel like it was easier to navigate.

[quote name='admiralvic']I agree it totally fits the theme and everything! Nothing says family togetherness like Johnny Cage punching someones head off :roll:[/QUOTE]
I totally forgot that it is supposed to be family oriented. With that in mind, maybe we will get SSX.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Ugh, seriously. No baseball, please![/QUOTE]

lol Baseball is among the better things they COULD give... I mean last time I traded in MLB the show for 30 LOL. I wouldn't mind buying a vita game with that money =D

[quote name='Gamer44']I totally forgot that it is supposed to be family oriented. With that in mind, maybe we will get SSX.[/QUOTE]

I wish!

[quote name='admiralvic']I agree it totally fits the theme and everything! Nothing says family togetherness like Johnny Cage punching someones head off :roll:[/QUOTE]

LOL :applause:

[quote name='admiralvic']lol Baseball is among the better things they COULD give... I mean last time I traded in MLB the show for 30 LOL. I wouldn't mind buying a vita game with that money =D[/QUOTE]

If that was the case, I'd save money for either buying DMC Collection, or FFX HD, or even buy Batman AC Greatest hits later this year...

[quote name='ZombieToast']Ugh, seriously. No baseball, please![/QUOTE]

Agreed...

[quote name='Gamer44']I totally forgot that it is supposed to be family oriented. With that in mind, maybe we will get SSX.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, I wanted something other than a sports game...

[quote name='FadeToOne']I hope they don't do baseball again. They gave us MLB 11 The Show last year. I did sell it, at least.[/QUOTE]

Though I'm totally against selling what's been given for free to me, I'd break my policy if the prize happens to be a baseball game or some other sports game that I'd definitely not play ever.

I'm still pissed that I missed out on a years worth of freebies, not knowing I was accepted to the program. If somone invents a time machine please remind me I am in the program and bring me a Gray's Sports Almanac. Thanks!

[quote name='Redeema']Got my stuff yesterday. Nice, but I wish the bookends were sturdier.[/QUOTE]Sturdier for what reason? Are you using them for punt practice?

[quote name='slowdive21']I'm still pissed that I missed out on a years worth of freebies, not knowing I was accepted to the program. If somone invents a time machine please remind me I am in the program and bring me a Gray's Sports Almanac. Thanks![/QUOTE]

That sucks man. I remember when I received my first free games from House Party. From that moment on, I made sure I got all of points/prizes. I also won Madden 12/NBA 2K12 so it's been a good year indeed. Maybe they'll run the program again. Who knows?

[quote name='diplo']Is there like an end of month survey you have to take to receive your prize? I checked that box to get into the program.[/QUOTE]
Nope, as long as you get the point for the prize you will get the prize.

I don't have MLB The Show. I was gonna buy it last year but opted not too.
I'll take MLB 12 if they're gonna give it away, but I'd rather have something else...

Have they given away the Sly Cooper Collection?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Was the program better the previous year? I joined April of 2011.[/QUOTE]

I was speaking in terms of the lifespan. It was/is a great program, but with at most 2 months it's hardly as great as it was early on.

I think they've taken on way too many people and thus it's sort of declined. That's not saying a lot though because they're still a solid group. Their website could use a major overhaul though...

It's just unfortunate that I got accepted right after they gave out Infamous 2.
I saw it as the reward for that month and so I applied. I got accepted after, and from then on it's been less than great prizes. I kind of like the lower prizes, but the highest tier is always a game I have no interest in.
Free is free though, and my paypal account doesn't mind.

[quote name='hk1200']I think they've taken on way too many people and thus it's sort of declined. That's not saying a lot though because they're still a solid group. Their website could use a major overhaul though...[/QUOTE]

I can't tell how many people are truly participating though. They claim there are 15,000 spots, but look at the polls each week and see there are less than 1000 people answering each poll. There are even less people commenting on official Sony posts. Unless they have us broken off into different communities, I don't think there are as many people participating as there could be.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']I can't tell how many people are truly participating though. They claim there are 15,000 spots, but if you look at the poll counts each week there are less than 1000 people answering each poll. There are even less people commenting on official Sony posts. Unless they have us broken off into different communities, I don't think there are as many people participating as there could be.[/QUOTE]

I think this is why they keep accepting people. They wanted 2,000 opinions, but they're still not at that point. There are a lot of people that don't think this is worth their time. For instance my GF got in and she kept putting it off. She would miss the game then give up. Over time she just stopped trying all together. The same happened to my friend. Also I think the 2 giveaway months made people lose faith.

It's really sad, but I suppose its better than 10,000 winning every month and Sony lowering the prizes.

Honestly 10 minutes a day, once a week, for a $40 game and (occasionally) some really good goodies? Whoever doesn't get in on this because they're "too lazy" is kind of stupid.

Agreed, it only takes me 10 - 15 minutes a week to do this. And I get a free game. So maybe an hour a month at most to get a free game.

I have friends that were jealous of me getting free games. Then they signed up and became too busy to do it. But complain to me when I get my free games.

[quote name='admiralvic']I was speaking in terms of the lifespan. It was/is a great program, but with at most 2 months it's hardly as great as it was early on.[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I agree with previous posters. An hour max to get free game(s) is not that bad at all. Most people don't make enough in a single hour to afford a new game. This program is pretty awesome. I can't state how much money I saved on games from this program,

[quote name='hotstud19us']Agreed, it only takes me 10 - 15 minutes a week to do this. And I get a free game. So maybe an hour a month at most to get a free game.

I have friends that were jealous of me getting free games. Then they signed up and became too busy to do it. But complain to me when I get my free games.[/QUOTE]

Story of my life.

[quote name='Link2999']Honestly 10 minutes a day, once a week, for a $40 game and (occasionally) some really good goodies? Whoever doesn't get in on this because they're "too lazy" is kind of stupid.[/QUOTE]

They're probably stupid indeed... I mean, all we need to do are simple tasks (I mean, they would be right if they changed the tasks to something like: "week 1 challenge: Get Demon's Souls Platinum Trophy") but instead of ultimate challenges, all we have to do is provide our opinion on their games (even if we didn't get it yet...) and they'll be happy because they actually hired some good QA service (the players are the best QA a game could get)... they're happy that we provide feedback for the games, while we're happy that they provide us the games... it's a win-win situation, but some people can't quite understand that and sometimes, for laziness, or because they lost their faith in the program, end up quitting it... oh well, I've missed a lot of the fun last year (so many games and I only got to know it after november, meh.) but I'm working hard to keep winning free games... after all, I'm a broke student! I can't afford a $40~60 game... (I'd rather spend $40 hanging out with friends, girls...)

i dunno, i wouldn't call them stupid. They are probably just not THAT into videogames. I mean sure you tell someone you got whatever for free, and anyone will get excited & want to get in on it but unless its something they are really into then they won't care enough to do the work, however little it is.

I'm conflicted sometimes....The last few games I haven't really cared for so I haven't participated except to get the tier 1/2 freebies....

Should I go ahead and do all points to get the game as well, even knowing i'm going to sell it, or just keep on like I have been and save them from sending me a game I won't use?

[quote name='Strigol']I'm conflicted sometimes....The last few games I haven't really cared for so I haven't participated except to get the tier 1/2 freebies....

Should I go ahead and do all points to get the game as well, even knowing i'm going to sell it, or just keep on like I have been and save them from sending me a game I won't use?[/QUOTE]

Do whatever you're comfortable with. Give it away as a gift, donate it to Goodwill, sell it on ebay, etc.

Sony does this promotion to expose people to games and get feedback. They're not getting feedback in the cases of selling it or just not getting it, so there's no change there. When you don't take the game they're not exposing anyone to it either. If you get the game and give it to someone else they may enjoy it and spread the word. At the very least you're helping someone get the game cheap/free by giving it away or selling it. If you still feel bad, use the money you get out of it to buy another Sony product.

Excited to get this game! Also excited that they are starting a new one Feb 4th! -- Finally did one of these, regret not doing them before! ha hopefully they continue!

It's crazy they're doing it for this game right when it's coming out!

bread's done
Back