Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='warpedsoul']The reason why I THINK MotorStorm will be included is because of everything MotorStorm on the site right now. It's almost like they are advertising and teasing the game. Now I could be wrong as I'm not fimiliar with the site.[/quote]

Yes, they are advertising and teasing the game; because I'm pretty sure (just based on the circumstantial evidence) that Motorstorm was supposed to be the prize this month. Normally people can download the demo of a game to do the challenges (for those that do them legitimately); but as the PSN was down, that was impossible. Motorstorm was sent to people for that reason. With May's prize (Motorstorm) shipped early as a bonus prize, they needed a new top prize for May; in slides PlayStation Move Heroes. At that point, all the promotional artwork has been made, and it's not worth changing on their end.

Obviously I don't know any of this as fact, but it makes the most sense from my perspective.

But heaven forbid anyone state their opinion on a subject that is different than others, or one that turns out to be wrong.

I never once attacked your opinion, so this is really just a stupid sentence. I don't think it's too much to ask that someone skim through the last few pages (I don't expect people to read all 28) to see if they had any potential questions asked. It's a basic common courtesy.

So yes...back on topic? :)

Didnt House Party give away Heroes on The Move on its past contest or am I thinkinkg Subways?

edit: wait i think it was Move they gave away once before. So its possible they can still offer MS again...sometime in the future.

[quote name='darknight88']Didnt House Party give away Heroes on The Move on its past contest or am I thinkinkg Subways?[/QUOTE]

They changed the title to Playstation Move Heroes ages ago. Also the full listing of what/when they gave is on the OP. To avoid conflict though... No and yes it was subway.

[quote name='darknight88']Didnt House Party give away Heroes on The Move on its past contest or am I thinkinkg Subways?

edit: wait i think it was Move they gave away once before. So its possible they can still offer MS again...sometime in the future.[/QUOTE]

They've given away the Move; but as part of an entirely different party with actual "party packs"...so yes, from the same company, but part of a different promotion.

[quote name='samone']Meyham 3d with blue and red glasses.[/QUOTE]
Mayhem 3D is exactly what I've been expecting to see in the Mayhem Pack. It does seem odd to give away another racing game in the same month, though. But at least it would fit. Of course, I'm hoping I'm wrong because I already have that game.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Mayhem 3D is exactly what I've been expecting to see in the Mayhem Pack. It does seem odd to give away another racing game in the same month, though. But at least it would fit. Of course, I'm hoping I'm wrong because I already have that game.[/QUOTE]

2,000% wont happen. Sony will only give first party titles...

People expecting Motorstorm don't understand that this program favors those who get accepted at the beginning of the month. The idea is that the PSN is down, so without a demo, just have the game a month early, on the honor system you'd earn enough points to have redeemed it anyway.

For those just joining us, you missed out, sorry. If it does come, you'll be lucky, but no one OWES you the game and complaining and emailing House Party is just going to make them rethink giving out games at all.

[quote name='admiralvic']2,000% wont happen. Sony will only give first party titles...[/QUOTE]
Good point; I hadn't even thought about that.

The PS Movie sounds like it would make the most sense, although it would be an expensive move on Sony's part. The PS Move can be used with Move Heroes and the previous month's prize of MLB The Show, which is dang hard to play, IMO.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']The PS Movie sounds like it would make the most sense, although it would be an expensive move on Sony's part. The PS Move can be used with Move Heroes and the previous month's prize of MLB The Show, which is dang hard to play, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Yeah... cause this program never did that before :roll:

- Sports champions unlocks
- The shoot
- Gun attachment
- Kung fu rider
- Move heroes

Got a weird update to my question. I had asked if my shipping address was correct because it had reverted to my old address for some reason after the package shipped. Instead of checking to see which address it was sent to, they just told me they're sending me another package to my correct address just in case it did ship wrong.

[quote name='admiralvic']Yeah... cause this program never did that before :roll:

- Sports champions unlocks
- The shoot
- Gun attachment
- Kung fu rider
- Move heroes[/QUOTE]
So, I am not sure if you are agreeing with me, when I am saying that it is probably the PS Move, or if you are just being an ass. Confusing to me.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']So, I am not sure if you are agreeing with me, when I am saying that it is probably the PS Move, or if you are just being an ass. Confusing to me.[/QUOTE]

I figured the eye roll implied being an ass. To make it simple... this program was basically maped around hyping the move.

- It started a MONTH after the Move was released.
- Every game but Motorstorm (which shouldnt count) has used the move in some way. Most of which were move exclusive titles.
- etc

Its unlikely that they will include a move for THAT reason. I am not saying you're wrong as the Move is a flop (more or less) and they prob got a lot left over... but I am saying thats not a factor.

[quote name='admiralvic']Its unlikely that they will include a move for THAT reason. I am not saying you're wrong as the Move is a flop (more or less) and they prob got a lot left over... but I am saying thats not a factor.[/QUOTE]

It's a "new" round of the program though. Motorstorm as the centerpiece of this month shows that this time isn't all about the Move like the previous one.

I could see them including a Move just because the prize (Move Heroes) is Move-only. I could also see them not, due to the cost of just giving them away; but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a Move as part of the Mayhem pack.

Truthfully I hope they give out the Move as part of the pack as I could use one, BUT I don't think they would due to costs, especially after the PSN fiasco losing them so much.

Fingers crossed though.

[quote name='admiralvic']I figured the eye roll implied being an ass. To make it simple... this program was basically maped around hyping the move.

- It started a MONTH after the Move was released.
- Every game but Motorstorm (which shouldnt count) has used the move in some way. Most of which were move exclusive titles.
- etc

Its unlikely that they will include a move for THAT reason. I am not saying you're wrong as the Move is a flop (more or less) and they prob got a lot left over... but I am saying thats not a factor.[/QUOTE]
Now that answer is much more informative. And I can be an ass too by telling you that "maped" is not a word, :lol:. lol.

So I can see now what you are saying. It is more likely that we will receive something else to utilize with Motorstorm OR not. lol. I guess we can only wait and stop discussing that which has not yet taken place. For all we know, they are sending us a box of air, which would then cause a lot of mayhem around the House Party site.

Alright, they just got back in touch with me through email! They said I did not earn enough points for Motorstorm or MLB and will not be shipping it to me. It sucks especially since I did participate, but I can't do anything about it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Alright, they just got back in touch with me through email! They said I did not earn enough points for Motorstorm or MLB and will not be shipping it to me. It sucks especially since I did participate, but I can't do anything about it.[/QUOTE]

So Motorstorm was only given to those who ALSO got MLB? That's a little sucky if someone was lax because they didn't want a baseball game. Then again, it's all of 5 minutes of effort, once a week.

[quote name='M3wThr33']So Motorstorm was only given to those who ALSO got MLB? That's a little sucky if someone was lax because they didn't want a baseball game. Then again, it's all of 5 minutes of effort, once a week.[/QUOTE]

There doesn't seem to be any solid facts (people arnt posting detals), but it strongly seemed like anyone got it. I also disagree with the "someone was lax" part. Why join the program from the start if you have no interest in earning that prize... You're taking up a spot that someone else could use.

[quote name='M3wThr33']So Motorstorm was only given to those who ALSO got MLB? That's a little sucky if someone was lax because they didn't want a baseball game. Then again, it's all of 5 minutes of effort, once a week.[/QUOTE]
Well last month everyone was supposed to get both as a thank you regardless of points for being patient with Sony since PSN was down. I voted in the polls and commented the blogs, but that's all because the site constantly logging me out pissed me off and since I didn't get enough points for the second tier of prizes I'm just screwed.

For anyone curious, this is what my email said:

Hello,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, you did not register enough points to earn the prizes for the month of April. Since you did not have the points, we did not ship you the prize - and moving forward, we will not be able to ship the April prizes. You still have time for the May rewards efforts. Be sure to login soon and start earning your points.
Please get back in touch with us by replying to this email if you have any additional questions!

It's also kinda weird that it took them this long to "investigate" it.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Well last month everyone was supposed to get both as a thank you regardless of points for being patient with Sony since PSN was down. I voted in the polls and commented the blogs, but that's all because the site constantly logging me out pissed me off and since I didn't get enough points for the second tier of prizes I'm just screwed.

For anyone curious, this is what my email said:

Hello,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, you did not register enough points to earn the prizes for the month of April. Since you did not have the points, we did not ship you the prize - and moving forward, we will not be able to ship the April prizes. You still have time for the May rewards efforts. Be sure to login soon and start earning your points.
Please get back in touch with us by replying to this email if you have any additional questions!

It's also kinda weird that it took them this long to "investigate" it.[/QUOTE]

That rep might be out of the know. I only got 158 points last month, when I messaged them asking about which address they shipped the pack to they told me I was still getting MLB and Motorstorm, and that they just had to resend it to the correct address.

[quote name='ohram']That rep might be out of the know. I only got 158 points last month, when I messaged them asking about which address they shipped the pack to they told me I was still getting MLB and Motorstorm, and that they just had to resend it to the correct address.[/QUOTE]
No dice, just another email back saying they're no longer able to send last month's prizes. :(

I got the same email. Oh well I guess. Unlike most people on here, I actually wanted to play the games and not just sell them off. I guess I'll just wait for Motorstorm to hit the bargain bin this Fall.

Sounds more like they ran out of games to give out...and you're not the only person who wanted to play the games. I'm playing Road to the Show mode in MLB because it's part RPG and part baseball/sports. It's cool. I haven't even played Motorstorm yet, but I'll get to it eventually.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']One of my friends has MLB on the 360, and he loves it. Its all I see him playing when I turn my xbox on.[/QUOTE]

Yea I saw my cousin playing Motorstorm Apocalypse on LIVE and was jealous!!!:roll:

[quote name='darknight88']Yea I saw my cousin playing Motorstorm Apocalypse on LIVE and was jealous!!!:roll:[/QUOTE]

haha I was thinking the same thing.

Sucks for you (I said they ran out a while back though =P just a guess though). While I was always planning on selling MLB I did platinum Motorstorm Apoc.

[quote name='darknight88']Yea I saw my cousin playing Motorstorm Apocalypse on LIVE and was jealous!!!:roll:[/QUOTE]

ummmm.....I was commenting on Redeema's post. I don't understand your smart ass comment.

Because MLB the Show is only on PS3 and while I know you were probably referring to MLB 2K11 your comment sounds like you're sort of crossing systems.

Yea, sorry if I came off rude. Just playing :p

MLB sounds like you talking about The Show. Normally you say "2K11" for the other game as pointed by Redeema.

That's strange joel, I told the other house partier in my area to contact via email and they got a response about communication or shipping problems and that they are sending one set out to them (just yesterday or today)

[quote name='dyeknom']That's strange joel, I told the other house partier in my area to contact via email and they got a response about communication or shipping problems and that they are sending one set out to them (just yesterday or today)[/QUOTE]

Sadly got the same response as Joel. :(

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Hello,
Please get back in touch with us by replying to this email if you have any additional questions![/QUOTE]
Ok, what the Hell is going on? They really cheated you out of this one. "Did not have the points"? :roll:

I guess nothing to do now but just keep moving forward I guess. You have my sympathy.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I got the same email. Oh well I guess. Unlike most people on here, I actually wanted to play the games and not just sell them off. I guess I'll just wait for Motorstorm to hit the bargain bin this Fall.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='darknight88']Sadly got the same response as Joel. :([/QUOTE]
So it's happened to multiple people? Not good. Sorry guys :(

[quote name='Amc5kidz']So we still have time to get points for the Move and Mayhem package?[/QUOTE]

if you're in the program and have 1 point outside of this period then yes.

So the mayhem pack....they will never state what's in it? We will have to wait till we get it or from someone here if they get it first? If so that sucks. I want to know ahead of time what I'm getting so I don't get hyped an get like a lame XL House party tshirt!!!

Like if they are sending us an NGP system since it's near E3 time, I'd faint and blackout till I'd get the package :).

[quote name='darknight88']So the mayhem pack....they will never state what's in it? We will have to wait till we get it or from someone here if they get it first? If so that sucks. I want to know ahead of time what I'm getting so I don't get hyped an get like a lame LX House party tshirt!!!

Like if they are sending us an NGP system since it's near E3 time, I'd fair and blackout till I'd get the package :).[/QUOTE]

Does anyone read the topic? The mod (forget their name) asked Sony and they said it would be announced soon. Shortly after it was said they would announce it after this period. So most likely they will tell us on/before June 2nd.

Damn, didnt have any points before today, I guess I am SOL for this month. Damn I wish I knew about this earlier, since this is a much better payout than the SONY wheel of fortune thing.

[quote name='nakanenui']So what is the advantage of getting all 990 points in a month? Not like you get double prizes right?[/QUOTE]

I always saw it as a way of promoting the program to continue. If we always hit 331 and stopped... why would Sony to continue to support a program which just doesn't pay off? We all get the same prizes, but I mean 330 takes 3 - 5 mins. No one here is so important that you cant find the time to hit 990. This also might hurt future CAGS as last month the minimal for first was 661 which required people to be in from the start where as this one required 331 so thats 2/3 weeks needed.

[quote name='admiralvic']I always saw it as a way of promoting the program to continue. If we always hit 331 and stopped... why would Sony to continue to support a program which just doesn't pay off? We all get the same prizes, but I mean 330 takes 3 - 5 mins. No one here is so important that you cant find the time to hit 990. This also might hurt future CAGS as last month the minimal for first was 661 which required people to be in from the start where as this one required 331 so thats 2/3 weeks needed.[/QUOTE]

You raise a good point. I'm a noob (damn autocorrect) to this program but I'll definitely get more points in the coming months.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the weekly photo uploads, do they ever verify that they are of the weekly challenge photos? I noticed people just use stock photos from game websites, and of random non-relevant stuff. If they arent verifying then getting the points saves me from having to buy the game of the month.

bread's done
Back