Playstation Rewards program is back!

[quote name='darknight88']Wow thats so nice of you! :bouncy: Thank you!

Sad thing is....PSN is down for atleast another week and wont be able to redeem :cry:.

Thanx again smokey! I will do my best to send you something in return when I get something PSN related![/QUOTE]

Check your inbox :D

[quote name='ohram']You'll have enough to get a Motorstorm poster, but you would have had to start the activities last week to get the game/mayhem pack. On around Thursday the points will reset and you'll be in the running for next months prize which is still unknown at this point. And nope, you don't have to party or anything. Just do the little activities they list and you'll be set.[/QUOTE]

LOL, thanks for the info!

Not sure what it could be, but there's ads on the rewards page saying "See you June 2nd when we begin ACTION PACKED SUMMER!" in blue letters.

[quote name='ohram']Not sure what it could be, but there's ads on the rewards page saying "See you June 2nd when we begin ACTION PACKED SUMMER!" in blue letters.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like Infamous 2 or that Ratchet game! Will they post at midnight? I'll be up anyways.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Sounds like Infamous 2 or that Ratchet game! Will they post at midnight? I'll be up anyways.[/QUOTE]

Nah, not midnight. If I remember when the May-hem went up, it was late morning/early afternoon. There isn't a big rush for House Party to get it up at midnight or anything.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Sounds like Infamous 2 or that Ratchet game! Will they post at midnight? I'll be up anyways.[/QUOTE]

If others are correct, then inFamous 2 seems like it wouldn't be a candidate due to the fact that it doesn't really have elements of family game and family fun. It is more adult-oriented and a single player game.

I would guess that it is ModNation Racers, but Motorstorm is a racing game and I don't think that they would have two racing games, at least not back to back.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']If others are correct, then inFamous 2 seems like it wouldn't be a candidate due to the fact that it doesn't really have elements of family game and family fun. It is more adult-oriented and a single player game.[/QUOTE]

I had those same doubts, but Motorstorm doesn't exactly represent family gaming the way the previous games have. The program seems to be more PS3-oriented and less family-oriented this time around.

...and I'd bet on inFamous 2. Looking around the site, some photos have been uploaded by the account that uploaded the newest Summer image.

pv_slides_sonyjune_8.jpg

So the July period is open for guessing. :lol:

The lightning bolts surrounding the image lead me to lean towards inFamous 2 for June.

Well, that does look very inFamous-like. I guess I could just give the game to my nephew or trade it.

And I did notice that a slight trend could very well be starting...Very slight, but still possible.

LBP2 was a Subway giveaway and was then given out through House Party. Move Heroes, the same. Since inFamous 2 was a Subway giveaway also, maybe Sony sees this as losing less since so many copies were given away already.

Just a theory.

Again, for those of you doubting inFamous 2 because you think it's not family oriented, it's rated T for Teen. Motorstorm Apocalypse is rated T for Teen. That's the same rating, maybe for different reasons, but the same 'T' nonetheless. Now, I could be wrong here, but to me that says it's a definite possibility. Sure it's not exactly the 'family' experience they might be looking for, but it's a fairly big release for them, though, not a household name for a franchise, so I think they'll take all the publicity they can get. Plus, maybe it counts for their eventual bottom line as in, we gave away 250k copies, so all we need to do is sell 750k copies to make it a million seller. Booyah!

So that's the July party and not the June party, correct?

also - while it would make sense for the rating to factor into things, mostly I just assumed that we wouldn't get inFamous because it's a singleplayer game. Everything they've given away so far has at least has 2 player.

[quote name='nbballard']So that's the July party and not the June party, correct?[/QUOTE]

That is the graphic that will be posted after the June party. Much like the one posted now (after May's party) has the Motorstorm-themed graphic, the post-June graphic has lightning bolts; which would be consistent with June graphics; assuming they do crazy things like keep their promo art consistent. :) I'm deducing it purely from that.

I am basically happy to be getting free games and such. So I will take whatever they offer and smile. And I preordered Duke Nukem, so I am ecstatic these days. lol. Hopefully there are some cool DLC offered along with inFamous 2, if that is truly the game that is going to be offered.

[quote name='admiralvic']i really hope its not =[ i just beat it[/QUOTE]

LOL. I probably won't be in that boat when the launch date reaches us next week. I have two little girls that need lots of attention and I can only play about 2 hours a night or so.

I am guessing that the game length is similar to one, though. Am I right?

[quote name='SgtRamirez']LOL. I probably won't be in that boat when the launch date reaches us next week. I have two little girls that need lots of attention and I can only play about 2 hours a night or so.[/QUOTE]

I hear you lol. When my daughter goes to bed my wife wants attention, then I hardly have any gaming time at all. Thank God for my wife using Facebook or I may as well sell my gaming stuff.

[quote name='SgtRamirez']I am guessing that the game length is similar to one, though. Am I right?[/QUOTE]

Comparing the IGN reviews (done by different editors) it seems roughly the same lengthwise:

Infamous 1- "It took me about 25 hours to go through both storylines, but I've put in a total of 30 hours searching for Blast Shards and my Platinum Trophy. All that, and this still isn't old."

Infamous 2- "There's an incredible amount to see and do in New Marais, and all of it will keep you busy for at least 20 hours per playthrough."

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Comparing the IGN reviews (done by different editors) it seems roughly the same lengthwise:

Infamous 1- "It took me about 25 hours to go through both storylines, but I've put in a total of 30 hours searching for Blast Shards and my Platinum Trophy. All that, and this still isn't old."

Infamous 2- "There's an incredible amount to see and do in New Marais, and all of it will keep you busy for at least 20 hours per playthrough."[/QUOTE]

Took me 10 to beat all the story and get 200+ blast shards + 4 side missions + 20/29 dead drops. I spent 4 hours doing side missions and am at 75%... I would say doing every mission/every dead drop/every challenge might take 20 per cycle. My current stats at around 14 hours are... 75% complete, evil story done, 45 side missions complete, just about every trophy possible done (except for things that require another cycle or doing everything), all but 19 blast shards, 25 dead drops

They're updating the site right now, I guess. :)

The only info up right now is the Party FAQ page, and the text has spots for links to be placed, so it's not close to being ready yet. Guess I just caught it at the right time. So hopefully nobody asks what "prize TK" means.

...they're gonna make us work for this one.

---

What are the rewards for June?

For the month of June/Action Packed Summer theme, the rewards are:

• 0 – 675 Points: [prize TK]
  • 676 – 1100 Points: [prize TK]
  • 1101 – 1320 Points: [prize TK]
Check out the weekly challenges [links to: June Tasks & Points party favor] and earn as many points as you can before time is up!

---

How long does the June/Action Packed Summer theme run for?

The June/Action Packed Summer theme runs from June 2 – July 6, 2011, which gives you five weeks to earn points. So what are you waiting for?! Check out the weekly challenges [links to: June Tasks & Points party favor] and earn as many points as you can before time is up!

[quote name='SmashMan']They're updating the site right now, I guess. :)

The only info up right now is the Party FAQ page, and the text has spots for links to be placed, so it's not close to being ready yet. Guess I just caught it at the right time. So hopefully nobody asks what "prize TK" means.

---

Check out the weekly challenges [links to: June Tasks & Points party favor] and earn as many points as you can before time is up!

---

The June/Action Packed Summer theme runs from June 2 – July 6, 2011, which gives you five weeks to earn points. So what are you waiting for?! Check out the weekly challenges [links to: June Tasks & Points party favor] and earn as many points as you can before time is up![/QUOTE]

A complete shot in the dark, but if it is Infamous I'm gonna say the top prize would be the Hero Edition. Probably not though. More than likely we'll all be getting some form of telekinesis.

[quote name='ohram']A complete shot in the dark, but if it is Infamous I'm gonna say the top prize would be the Hero Edition. Probably not though. More than likely we'll all be getting some form of telekinesis.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wonder if it's higher levels because it's a bigger prize or if they want to weed out people who don't want to participate as much.

[quote name='CONMAN999']They already have next weeks questions up. First one - Who's the main character of inFamous 2? :p[/QUOTE]
Well that pretty much confirms it. (I think)

[quote name='SmashMan']They're updating the site right now, I guess. :)

---

---

The June/Action Packed Summer theme runs from June 2 – July 6, 2011, which gives you five weeks to earn points. So what are you waiting for?! Check out the weekly challenges [links to: June Tasks & Points party favor] and earn as many points as you can before time is up![/QUOTE]

Wow- that's a lot of points. I just did the polls and made a few conversations. Time to get started!

I hope it is inFAMOUS 2. I was waiting to get a good deal- and free would be the best deal!

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The poll questions are up. What if the top prize was a NGP!? I'd be stoked![/QUOTE]

It won't be out in time... :cry:

[quote name='flameofdoom666']It won't be out in time... :cry:[/QUOTE]

There's always the following months, lol. I wouldn't mind having one for free though. I think they're going to retail close to $300 at release...

The prize is inFamous 2?
Why oh why did I spend so much time with that Subway contest if I could've just gotten it from House Party.
fuck

Hopefully they give out the Hero Edition as the top prize, or throw in some DLC. I wouldnt mind getting a few extras for my game.

Well, now if I get inFamous I'll be able to use the DLC that I won in the Subway contest as that's the only thing I won...though, seeing people win more than one in that thread told me exactly why I couldn't win.

[quote name='admiralvic']Well im disappointed with infamous 2... but I guess I can sell it and buy zelda (so I guess thats a win)[/QUOTE]
Or always send it to me since I'm such a huge fan of inFAMOUS :D
Maybe? Please? lol

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Or always send it to me since I'm such a huge fan of inFAMOUS :D
Maybe? Please? lol[/QUOTE]

Ill sell you the one I currently have for idk 45? I already beat Dark, did every side mission (still have the alt hero ones though), found every blast shard, found every dead drop, did every trophy but the impossible online ones (since its not useable) and hero path stuff.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']i just applied for this houseparty thing today and did all of the tasks in the op. am i still able to get a prize such as infamous 2?[/QUOTE]

You'll have to complete the weekly challenges. Like this month, we're getting Move Heroes and something else in the prize package.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You'll have to complete the weekly challenges. Like this month, we're getting Move Heroes and something else in the prize package.[/QUOTE]

what about that infamous 2 everyone is talking about? Also are these challenges pretty easy?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']i just applied for this houseparty thing today and did all of the tasks in the op. am i still able to get a prize such as infamous 2?[/QUOTE]

Hey welcome to the party!:D

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Hey welcome to the party!:D[/QUOTE]
lol thanks. my application has not even been accepted yet, do i not get points until then?

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']lol thanks. my application has not even been accepted yet, do i not get points until then?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, application get accept within couple of days, so just need to be hopeful.:)

0 – 675 Points: inFAMOUS™2 Facebook credits
676 – 1100 Points: inFAMOUS™2 Facebook credits and PS3™ aviator sunglasses
1101 – 1320 Points: inFAMOUS™2 Facebook credits, PS3™ aviator sunglasses and an action-packed summer PS3™ game
Check out the weekly challenges (coming soon!) and earn as many points as you can before time is up!

bread's done
Back