Playstation Rewards program is back!

Whatever happened to the prior PS Rewards promo? Where you had to do challenges and play new games and your bar fills to different levels?

I guess they scrapped that idea for this one?

[quote name='hustletron']Whatever happened to the prior PS Rewards promo? Where you had to do challenges and play new games and your bar fills to different levels?

I guess they scrapped that idea for this one?[/QUOTE]

I thought that and the original for this started at the same time... I believe they scraped the other due to retooling (so it might come back).

The program goes until March 31, 2012 it say it on the site. You can go to My Dashboard then My Applications it says when you signed up and the end date.
This is what mine says < Party Date: May 10 — Mar 31, 2012 (on 10/5/11) >.

OK. I have to admit I am a bit confused about this "House Party" thing.
I read what I could at the site and am still not quite sure what it really is.
Do you host parties at your house with other people from the groups that you are in?
I am not sure I understand.
And why does it take a month to see if you are accepted into a group?
Granted, I only have 2 more weeks to wait, but I have already got invitations to host other parties and am just generally confused on how this whole thing works.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I just don't get it.

[quote name='Cameron4All']OK. I have to admit I am a bit confused about this "House Party" thing.
I read what I could at the site and am still not quite sure what it really is.
Do you host parties at your house with other people from the groups that you are in?
I am not sure I understand.
And why does it take a month to see if you are accepted into a group?
Granted, I only have 2 more weeks to wait, but I have already got invitations to host other parties and am just generally confused on how this whole thing works.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I just don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Normally they send you a product and you invite people to your house to try it out, for example they sent me DJ Hero to host a party for. This Playstation one is different because everything is done online.

[quote name='Redeema']The new challenges aren't up yet. I haven't completed my points yet because I want the site to keep going and people completing the challenges before they're even up makes it easy for Sony to pull the plug because there's people sidestepping the challenges. I'm patient enough to wait to maintain the legitimacy and integrity of the site.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure somebody may have answered this but I haven't read the forums that far ahead yet.

http://www.houseparty.com/event_favors/view/playstation-rewards-program-points-guide

The PDF provides the requirements for each week

Click on "Party Central" then "Party Favors" and scroll down to program points guide.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Normally they send you a product and you invite people to your house to try it out, for example they sent me DJ Hero to host a party for. This Playstation one is different because everything is done online.[/QUOTE]

I never get selected for those parties...

[quote name='bkjohns1']I'm sure somebody may have answered this but I haven't read the forums that far ahead yet.

http://www.houseparty.com/event_favors/view/playstation-rewards-program-points-guide

The PDF provides the requirements for each week

Click on "Party Central" then "Party Favors" and scroll down to program points guide.[/QUOTE]

I saw that afterwards, but still people weren't doing those challenges. At this point since they haven't notified people of what they are it doesn't matter. We're half way into this week and if they're not going to run them by us, I'm just going to assume they fell asleep at the wheel. I did the polls and responded to the most recent sponsored post asking them when they're going to send out the new challenges, and responded to a few conversations. I have 1110 points, so I'm done, if they want more from me, I'll do a little more.

I saw this as the three responses to the sponsored post:
1. Want those points
2. Really want those points
3. I'm gonna get those points. lol

That's fine, they're technically doing the challenge, but it's not really helping anyone if Sony sees it and decides that they're going to cut the program short. That's all I've been saying. I don't fault anyone or feel like I'm better than anyone, I just feel like I'm going to do my part to help them see that the community is trying to be a community, by communicating and discussing various topics with free stuff as an incentive for participating and not just a bunch of people actively trying to get free stuff and gaming their system, as weak as their moderating may be.

The fact that they're not really saying anything at the moment regarding challenges or whatever would sort of point out that they're going to end the party soon or just that someone forgot to send out that email. Who knows?

[quote name='3mitr3llim']The program goes until March 31, 2012 it say it on the site. You can go to My Dashboard then My Applications it says when you signed up and the end date.
This is what mine says < Party Date: May 10 — Mar 31, 2012 (on 10/5/11) >.
[/QUOTE]

That makes me a sad panda :( lol. I'll definitely reapply if they open the program again.

...I still don't see any indication that the program is in any danger of ending. Reading all these posts is confusing the hell out of me.

[quote name='Redeema']
The fact that they're not really saying anything at the moment regarding challenges or whatever would sort of point out that they're going to end the party soon or just that someone forgot to send out that email. Who knows?[/QUOTE]

Really? They just posted new challenges a little over a week ago. The period and theme don't end until late next week, so they will most likely post the final set of challenges tomorrow or over the weekend, seeing as they posted last theme's final challenges on a Sunday. They also tend to update a lot on Thursdays and Fridays, let's wait and see before we speculate about the program being all but dead. :/

[quote name='SmashMan']...I still don't see any indication that the program is in any danger of ending. Reading all these posts is confusing the hell out of me.[/QUOTE]

It's just something to talk about until we find out next month's game, haha. Seems like a bunch of silly rumors to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone ever get glitched out of points? I logged in and tried to vote in the poll. After I did and went to the next window, of course, the site logged had me as logged out as it constantly does and its quite annoying.

That was a few days ago i tried to vote in the poll. Since then, I havent had any points added from my poll results. It just shows the results on the poll and wont let me vote. I tried logging into both Firefox and IE but i get the same result. Any solution to this? I will BARELY miss the amount of points needed for infamous unless i can get those points for the poll.

That happened to me, I cleared everything (cache, cookies, etc) and the next day or so I could vote again. Maybe try Chrome? Or going into 'stealth mode', that doesn't normally save all that info. Other than that contact HP regarding the issue and maybe they can help you?

Once we get enough points for the top prize, do we have to do anything to claim it, or is it automatically shipped out to the account holders address? Some other reward sites require hitting a point tier, and then submitting a claim form, so if you forget to submit on time, you are SOL and get nothing.

[quote name='nakanenui']Once we get enough points for the top prize, do we have to do anything to claim it, or is it automatically shipped out to the account holders address? Some other reward sites require hitting a point tier, and then submitting a claim form, so if you forget to submit on time, you are SOL and get nothing.[/QUOTE]

Automatically shipped out to the account holders address. I got the Motorstorm/MLB combo and the PS Move Heroes prize already without having to claim anything.

Just glancing over at Amazon's future releases the next big ones are Resistance 3 & God of War: Origins Collection, both of which are rated M, neither fitting into the 'for the whole family' column. So, either they go with Resistance 3 (and the Move combo please) and give us a Mature title for the first time...or

They give us a PlayStation Network game that is coming soon...or

They offer a Move controller...or they go with the one that I mentioned a couple weeks back and do a two month long (maybe three) and hook us up fat with a PS Vita! If they did that they could wrap it up and I'd be happy and call it the greatest program ever. Yay for rumors.

[quote name='Redeema']Just glancing over at Amazon's future releases the next big ones are Resistance 3 & God of War: Origins Collection, both of which are rated M, neither fitting into the 'for the whole family' column. So, either they go with Resistance 3 (and the Move combo please) and give us a Mature title for the first time...or

They offer a Move controller...or they go with the one that I mentioned a couple weeks back and do a two month long (maybe three) and hook us up fat with a PS Vita! If they did that they could wrap it up and I'd be happy and call it the greatest program ever. Yay for rumors.[/QUOTE]

You think they are going to give us Vitas months early? Keep dreaming man. To anyone who was in the program long back, do they always give new releases?

[quote name='CONMAN999']You think they are going to give us Vitas months early? Keep dreaming man. To anyone who was in the program long back, do they always give new releases?[/QUOTE]

While you can save time looking at the first post. They're usually somewhat new, but that can change all the time.

[quote name='CONMAN999']You think they are going to give us Vitas months early? Keep dreaming man. To anyone who was in the program long back, do they always give new releases?[/QUOTE]

Maybe a voucher for one? ...Anyone? *crickets* XD

All I got for the previous rewards program was a Playstation Rewards t shirt. I was Select Status I think? Whatever the first level of rewards status was.

I have top tier points tho for this month so I can't wait to get my stuff in the mail.

What are these facebook credits?

First of all, I'm only half serious. So, we'll make it a four month thing. You don't think that they *might* consider getting those things into the hands of a couple hundred people who at that point will be known to spread the gospel of PlayStation to everyone they know?

Also, it's not months early, as far as I know does it have a release date? Let's say for the sake of discussion they begin the new challenges in two weeks and it goes for four months we'll say because that would be about the current prize equivalent of $250 (four months worth of new releases at $60/game = $240, a PS Vita WiFi model retails at $250). This thing needs to be on store shelves by Thanksgiving, stores find it very difficult to add new product space for something like this after Thanksgiving when holiday sales have begun. Anyway, four months puts us, well, whaddayaknow, right in November! We'd have them a few weeks after launch and we'd all be happier than pigs in shit.

Like I said, it was mostly sarcasm and I don't think they'd do it, but I dare them, nay, I triple dog dare them to prove me wrong. At least the math adds up if they wanted to do it.

[quote name='Redeema']First of all, I'm only half serious. So, we'll make it a four month thing. You don't think that they *might* consider getting those things into the hands of a couple hundred people who at that point will be known to spread the gospel of PlayStation to everyone they know?

Also, it's not months early, as far as I know does it have a release date? Let's say for the sake of discussion they begin the new challenges in two weeks and it goes for four months we'll say because that would be about the current prize equivalent of $250 (four months worth of new releases at $60/game = $240, a PS Vita WiFi model retails at $250). This thing needs to be on store shelves by Thanksgiving, stores find it very difficult to add new product space for something like this after Thanksgiving when holiday sales have begun. Anyway, four months puts us, well, whaddayaknow, right in November! We'd have them a few weeks after launch and we'd all be happier than pigs in shit.

Like I said, it was mostly sarcasm and I don't think they'd do it, but I dare them, nay, I triple dog dare them to prove me wrong. At least the math adds up if they wanted to do it.[/QUOTE]
I heard it was pushed back to 2011 so yeah =P; also sony is most likely taking a loss in hopes to move games/beat the 3ds. We will also need a game because around 80% will bitch sony didnt give us something to play. Even with this mostly being a joke just think of how many people would be pissed because they missed like 1 week and cant get the vita xD

[quote name='Redeema']Just glancing over at Amazon's future releases the next big ones are Resistance 3 & God of War: Origins Collection, both of which are rated M, neither fitting into the 'for the whole family' column. So, either they go with Resistance 3 (and the Move combo please) and give us a Mature title for the first time...or

They offer a Move controller...or they go with the one that I mentioned a couple weeks back and do a two month long (maybe three) and hook us up fat with a PS Vita! If they did that they could wrap it up and I'd be happy and call it the greatest program ever. Yay for rumors.[/QUOTE]

I actually would like a move controller, tried it for the first time today and really liked it.. It felt a lot better than the wii. Ive been trying to win one for a while without much luck. I could buy it but i just don't think i'll use it much after the initial fun i'll have with it.

[quote name='Redeema']First of all, I'm only half serious. So, we'll make it a four month thing. You don't think that they *might* consider getting those things into the hands of a couple hundred people who at that point will be known to spread the gospel of PlayStation to everyone they know?

Like I said, it was mostly sarcasm and I don't think they'd do it, but I dare them, nay, I triple dog dare them to prove me wrong. At least the math adds up if they wanted to do it.[/QUOTE]
While I would like a Vita, it isn't supposed to release until early January. So I'm betting we'll get Ratchet next month.

I've heard some rumors kicked around about the next prize, and some close friends have made suggestions about what it could be, so I'm going to throw out some info.

Uncharted 1 & 2 Collection: Both rated T and U3 due later this year. Good chance of being a prize, though only a European release has been confirmed.

Ratchet And Clank PS3 Collection: Both rated E and sequel due later this year. Very good chance of being a prize, but again only a European release has been confirmed.

God of War Origins Collection: No. Both rated M and not out till later this year anyway. Not a chance.

The Last Guardian: Rating is still pending, but chances are a teen rating meaning it could work. Only problem is there isn't a release date in sight, so chances are high that it's not going to be a prize. At least until the end of the year.

The ICO and SOTC Collection: Both rated Teen so it could work, but again no release date in sight so probably not this time.

Resistance Greatest Hits Dual Pack: It is releasing in 2 days meaning it has a great window to be the next prize, BUT they are both rated Mature so chances are high that it won't be a prize.

If Sony wanted to do some surprise announcement that the U1 & U2 Collection or the R&C PS3 Collection will be coming to the U.S. and very soon(like now), then I could see either being a prize. Otherwise it'll probably be something not listed above.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I've heard some rumors kicked around about the next prize, and some close friends have made suggestions about what it could be, so I'm going to throw out some info.

Uncharted 1 & 2 Collection: Both rated T and U3 due later this year. Good chance of being a prize, though only a European release has been confirmed.

Ratchet And Clank PS3 Collection: Both rated E and sequel due later this year. Very good chance of being a prize, but again only a European release has been confirmed.

God of War Origins Collection: No. Both rated M and not out till later this year anyway. Not a chance.

The Last Guardian: Rating is still pending, but chances are a teen rating meaning it could work. Only problem is there isn't a release date in sight, so chances are high that it's not going to be a prize. At least until the end of the year.

The ICO and SOTC Collection: Both rated Teen so it could work, but again no release date in sight so probably not this time.

Resistance Greatest Hits Dual Pack: It is releasing in 2 days meaning it has a great window to be the next prize, BUT they are both rated Mature so chances are high that it won't be a prize.

If Sony wanted to do some surprise announcement that the U1 & U2 Collection or the R&C PS3 Collection will be coming to the U.S. and very soon(like now), then I could see either being a prize. Otherwise it'll probably be something not listed above.[/QUOTE]

God Of War Origins please, lol.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']God Of War Origins please, lol.[/QUOTE]

I dont know about the second one... but you CAN beat the first one in under an hour. I rather have a game that takes more time to beat than it takes to earn.

[quote name='nbballard']under an hour? Is there some sort of sequence break? I played it and remember it being around 6 (maybe 4 on a good day).[/QUOTE]

You know its the psp game right and you know several people did a speed run in under 3 hours on the PS2 version...?

[quote name='admiralvic']I dont know about the second one... but you CAN beat the first one in under an hour. I rather have a game that takes more time to beat than it takes to earn.[/QUOTE]

I play my games in spurts because I have so many games to play. Damn backlog, lol.

[quote name='admiralvic']I dont know about the second one... but you CAN beat the first one in under an hour. I rather have a game that takes more time to beat than it takes to earn.[/QUOTE]
I can vouch for that. I beat the first one(Chains in Olympus) in under an hour. I wasn't even doing a speed run :\

I never played the second(Ghost of Sparta) but I hear it's a bit longer.

Regardless, it won't be a prize. Since it's rated Mature it doesn't fit the family theme, and it's not out till September.

I'm really liking the idea of the Playstation Vita. I have those two free games from the Welcome Back Program so I would love to play them on a free system, lol. I love the price of free.

[quote name='B1gg Randall']I think the next game is PlayStation Move Ape Escape..thats my guess
[/QUOTE]

Please don't let this be true. The game looks straight aweful I love the old PS1 and PS2 Ape Escape games, but this is just a dumb mini game collection.

Sadly, it's just the sort of thing this program would offer. You're probably right :(

I don't know about you guys, but I would to have that Ape Escape game! I always wanted to play one but I never had a dualshock controller for my PS1. I didn't know they made them for the PS2.

Has any prize been of something that isn't out yet?

With that said, I think Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One fits this program like a glove on a hand. I would expect this to be October prize, because that is the month it will be out (October 18th).

Also, Ape Escape is a PSN game, so maybe that will be thrown in but not as the main prize?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']On a personal note, I would love Killzone 3- but that is rated M... so it probably won't happen.[/QUOTE]

Might as well send us Hig editions... god knows they have more than enough XD.

@ CaptainJoel:

I dont know what you really expect... Sony publishes a LOT of games but theres only so much they can do.

• Ratchet and Clank
  • Ratchet and Clank all 4 one
  • PS Move Heroes
  • Infamous
  • Infamous 2
  • Littlebigplanet
  • Littlebigplanet 2
  • God of War Collection
  • God of War Origins
  • God of War 3
  • Ico Collection
  • The Last Guardian
  • UC collection
  • UC 3
  • Kung fu Rider
  • The Shoot
  • TV Superstars
  • MLB 2011
  • Motorstorm Apoc
  • Resistance collection
  • Resistance 3
  • Start the Party
  • Mod Nation
  • GT 5
  • Heavy Rain
  • Socom 4
  • Killzone 2
  • Killzone 3

These are all the games I can think of off the top of my head. Lets cross off anything thats too old or already given away. There are very few games past small network titles like under seige and such. What might end up happening is rather simple! Assuming this program continues till 2011 most likely we will see something like...

This period is over on the 8 and lets say the next promo is on the 11th.
5 weeks (ending 8/15) for ICO collection. We will not see it till were closer to the release.
add 3 more days making it the 18th
5 weeks (ending 9/22) we should get Ico collection in a few days so the challenges could be hype for that game since it is weird. The prize will be Twisted Metal (historically rated Teen with only 1 M)
add 3 more days making it the 25th
4 weeks (ending 10/23) Ratchet and Clank which came out 5 days earlier
add 3 more days making it the 25th again
4 weeks (ending 11/20) Uncharted 3 which was out 19 days earlier.

Odds are they will do some sort of SUPER bonus like get top rank for a chance at a vita. Give away like 30 packs (which is still quite low for the program) with Uncharted and maybe another launch title. This might work with the time line 23 + 5 weeks = Xmas. Since the Vita is expected out in Jan 2011 you add in the average of 2 weeks to ship and its around mid month which should cover release.

This is my overly long and probably wrong idea, but its not a bad idea ^^;;

[quote name='admiralvic']Might as well send us Hig editions... god knows they have more than enough XD.

@ CaptainJoel:

I dont know what you really expect... Sony publishes a LOT of games but theres only so much they can do.

• Ratchet and Clank
  • Ratchet and Clank all 4 one
  • PS Move Heroes
  • Infamous
  • Infamous 2
  • Littlebigplanet
  • Littlebigplanet 2
  • God of War Collection
  • God of War Origins
  • God of War 3
  • Ico Collection
  • The Last Guardian
  • UC collection
  • UC 3
  • Kung fu Rider
  • The Shoot
  • TV Superstars
  • MLB 2011
  • Motorstorm Apoc
  • Resistance collection
  • Resistance 3
  • Start the Party
  • Mod Nation
  • GT 5
  • Heavy Rain
  • Socom 4
  • Killzone 2
  • Killzone 3

These are all the games I can think of off the top of my head. Lets cross off anything thats too old or already given away. There are very few games past small network titles like under seige and such. What might end up happening is rather simple! Assuming this program continues till 2011 most likely we will see something like...

This period is over on the 8 and lets say the next promo is on the 11th.
5 weeks (ending 8/15) for ICO collection. We will not see it till were closer to the release.
add 3 more days making it the 18th
5 weeks (ending 9/22) we should get Ico collection in a few days so the challenges could be hype for that game since it is weird. The prize will be Twisted Metal (historically rated Teen with only 1 M)
add 3 more days making it the 25th
4 weeks (ending 10/23) Ratchet and Clank which came out 5 days earlier
add 3 more days making it the 25th again
4 weeks (ending 11/20) Uncharted 3 which was out 19 days earlier.

Odds are they will do some sort of SUPER bonus like get top rank for a chance at a vita. Give away like 30 packs (which is still quite low for the program) with Uncharted and maybe another launch title. This might work with the time line 23 + 5 weeks = Xmas. Since the Vita is expected out in Jan 2011 you add in the average of 2 weeks to ship and its around mid month which should cover release.

This is my overly long and probably wrong idea, but its not a bad idea ^^;;[/QUOTE]

Your calendar seems pretty logical to me. I don't expect anything too old, because until now everything has been very current. Of course, take it with a grain of salt- but as far as the program goes, Ratchet seems like an o brainer- which is awesome :applause:

bread's done
Back