PlayStation Store, tax-free?

Mr.

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've had my PS3 since launch and I've bought a good deal of content via the PlayStation Store. Sony always charge tax on my purchases. I logged into the PS Store today to check out the Welcome Back stuff and couldn't even get of the free stuff besides the Dynamic theme. I figured I might as well catch up on my purchases I've been wanting since the outage, to see if Welcome Back is also affecting legit purchases. I looked up Threads of Fate, $5.99 on the PS Store with just over $6 in my virtual wallet and when I made the purchase, I still had a few cents left over. The tax amount was $0.00. Is this a temporary error with PS Store? Or will all content be tax-free from now?

I think it is a bug or something but that didn't stop me from finally getting Vagrant Story, FFVII and Xenogears.

I figure that it will be fixed eventually.

Yeah, I bought stuff the day the PSN Store came back but didn't even notice there was no tax. When I found out I got a bunch of PSOne games.

I'm in Winnipeg and I never used to pay tax for PSN stuff. I wouldn't go nuts buying things you wouldn't otherwise, as this may very well remain tax-free long term.

yeah I grabbed risk factions threads of fate and re3 nemesis.

(every single time i bought that game it would start to skip on me. so eff it. digital copy!)

Just bought Threads of Fate since it's tax-free at the moment. Might use the rest of my credit too.... $28.02 remaining.

You all know you can just say you live in California and you NEVER have tax right?

Just make sure you change it back to normal after each purchase

[quote name='Darklurkr23']You all know you can just say you live in California and you NEVER have tax right?

Just make sure you change it back to normal after each purchase
[/QUOTE]

you can't change your address though.
if you can, please let me know how.

[quote name='Aquablak']I'm in Winnipeg and I never used to pay tax for PSN stuff. I wouldn't go nuts buying things you wouldn't otherwise, as this may very well remain tax-free long term.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I don't know, I'm in Toronto and I've always had to pay tax on any PSN purchases prior to the store being down.

If they had changed their policy in this and were giving this discount in purpose, no doubt they would be advertising it...

bread's done
Back