Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
All 3G model preorders are upgraded to the bundle.

This is great, but I only want the wifi model. The memory card would be $29.99, so it would come out to $280 for the wifi+memory card combo. Still cheaper for me personally, so I still gotta hold back.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Damn I should have pre-ordered. All previous preorders are upgraded to the bundle.[/QUOTE]

Along with all future pre-orders, up until 2/22. It's still the same price.

As for me, I don't know if a 8gb card will cut it, and I will probably never ever use 3g, especially tied to AT&T's shitty service.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']Damn I should have pre-ordered. All previous preorders are upgraded to the bundle.[/QUOTE]

It just means that anyone who pre ordered the 3G / Wifi bundle for $299 are auto upgraded to this new bundle.

I still have hope for the Vita, but considering the download limitations placed on games over 3G, the failure of developers to include true online features (see modnation), and the cost of the 3G plans (even for existing AT&T customers), I don't think the 3G model will survive.

When I first read the thread title, I thought it was the $350 1st edition launch bundle (Vita, case, memory card & Little Deviants game) for $300. I already pre-ordered the wifi-only version but this is kinda tempting. Do you get to pick your own free game from a set list? It doesn't say on Amazon's site besides getting a free game when you activate the data pass. I'd just cancel the auto-renewal before the free trial period ends since I don't need 3G (that's what my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1-4G is for, LOL). I'm assuming I don't have to use their 3G service in order to use the Vita if I get this version over the wifi-only version?

I really wish they would add some kind of an incentive to the WiFi models, too. Like I really don't see why they can't just add a necessary memory card into the box. The 3G is completely useless to me because you can't play online games and AT&T service absolutely sucks where I live, so I can't justify spending the extra $50 on this not to mention they don't even tell you what the game choices will be.

To clairify, it is a session pass, not season. From the description, it looks like it is for 1 month free of their 250mb plan.

There is also a free game, but only after you activate the Dataconnect plan (not sure if this means you have to pay or just redeem the free month). No info if you get to pick the game or they pick it.

It says a $55 value:

$30 card
$15 3g
$10 PSN game

Sucks there is no Release Date Delivery on this at the moment.

I had the Wifi + Starter kit preordered, but canceled in favor of this.. Now I'm noticing that this version doesn't have RDD. I have prime, but still.. I would rather not have to pay extra since this is also my birthday present (9 days after).

Just cancelled my preorder last night too. Lol.

I have the first edition bundle preordered with buy.com for $329.99 (had $20 credit to burn) but it also comes with the 10% bonus back as well. I'd rather have a bigger memory card and don't really care that much about Little Deviants so now I'm torn.

Without knowing what the game is, and the risk of being screwed over with a second AT&T data plan through auto-renewel. I think I'll hold off as enticing as the deal sounds.

My guess is that nobody is buying the 3G Vitas (1st edition bundle or standalone), so they are trying to clear them out as quickly as possible before discontinuing the 3G model. And that's the reason why you won't see similar bundles on the WiFi models...at least until they clear out most of the 3G models or unless Vita sales are severely anemic in the first few months (which is also possible, though I hope it sells well).

That said, this new bundle might be enough to put me over the edge and put in a new pre-order with Amazon. While I don't really need the 3G model (or the 8GB card, since I already ordered the 32GB card), getting the extra stuff at the original price is a decent incentive.

[quote name='exterminator13']I can't seem to find the 3G/Wifi version on Amazon now.[/QUOTE]

That's because this bundle as replaced the 3G/Wifi model and all previous orders for the 3G/WiFi model are being upgraded to this bundle.

That's actually a pretty nice bundle for the price, since you'd need a memory card anyway and 8GB should be a decent amount of storage for the time being (at least until memory card prices drop to a more reasonable amount). I'm a little confused about the session pass though...is it basically a 1 month/250MB limit "subscription" to the AT&T 3G service? Do you have to pay anything extra for it, or can you just activate it, cancel your account before the month is over, and not get charged anything? And does it actually say what you can choose for the free game?

The data plan is month by month and you can turn off auto-renew so once you use up the initial 250MB or 30 days goes by, 3G will no longer work. And there is no mention of the free games offered so it might just be a $10 promo code which you would receive 30 days after activation of your data pass.

This is pretty nice deal. This should of been the 3G version from jump.

However, I'm keeping my First Edition Bundle. Gotta have it a week early and the free retail game is a steal.

By the way, all 3G models will receive a free game 30 days after they activate their 3G service.

Quote from the CES Press Release: "In addition, once PlayStation Vita owners activate their 3G/Wi-Fi unit with one of AT&T's data plans, they will be eligible to choose one free download from a list of select games available on the PlayStation®Store."

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...ata-plans-for-playstation-vita-136954073.html

Nice deal, I was undecided in switching wifi only to wifi/3g, $50 seemed to much to have 3g on the side. It looks like Gamestop is also offering this promo. http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-with-wifi-and-3g/90061
Guess I'm gonna have to stop by Gamestop and change my preorder from the wifi to wifi/3g bundle. Was going to get an 8gb card anyways and hope a 64gb comes out towards the end of the year and maybe the prices of mem. cards will come down

Thanks for posting OP. Just cancelled by PS Vita first edition bundle for this....I would rather have the bigger memory card and use the $50 (savings) towards a game like Uncharted. I don't really care for Little Deviants nor the "exclusive" PS Vita case. A season pass and a free PSN game are a bonus too.

This bundle should be nation wide so no worries there (or maybe not who knows :lol:).

However, At&t announced at CES that the 3g vita will include a game free for a limited time, so I guess they were refering to this bundle.

I now have 1 of every vita edition preordered from Amazon and I'm thinking which one to keep.

This bundle just made the Wifi only vita obsolete for me because I was picking up an 8gb card anyway :). Lack of RDD is disappointing but Amazon might add it later on hopefully.

So it's either this or first edition :whistle2:k

Honestly, i'm on the verge of just cancelling my BB order and going to Gamestop for this bundle. Or i might put 50$ down just incase.

Either way, why in the hell are they adding value to the lower priced bundle, but not adding anything to the FEB? (Bigger memory card size, or atleast the free AT&T) Very smart marketing on Sony's end....

So you're telling me that the 299 3G bundle is a BETTER deal than the 350 FIRST EDITION?? WTF AMAZON..throw that deviants game out and give me a memory card or something. I would've cancelled my FE and gotten this had I read this sooner. Bahhh. Oh well.

The wait will kill me but

PSV 3g + 8gb card + some data + free game code = $300

or PSV feb 3g + 4gb + Little deviants + exclusive case + 11 DAYS OF PLAY :) = $350

The first option is probably the better deal. The first edition bundle better really step it up if it doesn't want to be cancelled.

Cancelled my First Edition order, and went with this. Like everyone else, I don't care about Little Deviants, and I wanted the bigger card. With the addition of the free PSN game, and it being $50 cheaper...I had to do it. Makes more sense. I don't care when I get the damn thing so the "week early" promotion didn't really appeal to me as it is. Thanks!

I plan on getting the Wi-Fi version. I really have no intentions of ever activating a 3G service plan though.

I guess the only thing that makes me skeptical is I figure.. more internal parts, just another thing to go wrong. What if the 3G components happen to screw up and it effects other functions of the Vita? Ah well, probably just silly worries on my part. This deal is really tempting me though.

I was just about to cancel my 3G pre-order down to a Wifi to save $50 at Gamestop, looks like I might as well just keep it! It's so hard to decide with the memory card what do to... I don't think I'll have a lot of games at first, so I don't think I'll neeb more than the 8GB so it looks like it could be a pretty nice deal! Guess I'll head into Gamestop tomorrow to confirm and to put pre-order down for the Uncharted game at launch... not sure if there is any other ones I may want to get right at launch.

I got 10 bucks off the first edition order from the mastercard promo around xmas and I like the case so I probably will keep that order. They should at least include the 250gb thing/free game with the first edition one too to make it a better value.

I just placed 2 seperate orders for both bundles so now I have all consoles 3 pre-ordered. Since I could care less about the 250mb data session (I already have a 4G hotspot) so this is my breakdown:

Option 1 - Launch bundle $300:

- Console: $250
- 8gb mem. card: $30
- Game/voucher on PSN: $10
Total: $290

Option 2 - 1st edition bundle $350:

- Console: $250
- 4gb mem. card: $20
- Game/voucher on PSN: $10
- Little Deviants: $30
- Exclusive case: ~$20 (since the other 2 Sony branded cases retails for the same price)
Total: $330

Compared to the wifi-only version, for the 3G/GPS features I'm either paying $10 more (launch bundle) or $20 more (1st edition bundle but get it 1-week earlier). I figured might as well get a 3G-version since the resale value's going to be higher. Ultimately, my decision will be based on if I want Little Deviants (probably not).

I have a wi-fi only model on preorder. I have no intention of using 3G at all, but if it comes with a free game, maybe I'll get the 3G model and just use wi-fi on it.

[quote name='caltab']...They should at least include the 250gb thing/free game with the first edition one too to make it a better value.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so only the $300 bundle will including the free game voucher?!? I thought it was both bundles.

Ahh I think I'm going to just stick with my first edition bundle. I'm getting it for my birthday, I figure if I sell deviants it'll be just as good of a deal, I plan to bring this thing to work with me, so a case will be nice to have.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Does anyone know if you can use your AT&T sim card to get 3G to work on the vita?[/QUOTE]

Nope, doesnt work like that

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Wait, so only the $300 bundle will including the free game voucher?!? I thought it was both bundles.[/QUOTE]

I think anyone who pays for 3g will also get a free game. So if you get the first edition bundle and pay for 3g you get a game. I am not going to use the 3g so no free game for me.

[quote name='62t']The 3G also has GPS function thats not in the Wifi model[/QUOTE]

Is there any truth to this? Thought all PSVs have GPS built-in.

Looks like Sony's not seeing the amount of pre-orders they like and now dishing out another slightly cheaper bundle to spice up the sales. It's trying hard to get me to preorder but I'm still hesitating as this thing could flop just like the 3DS at launch and see a huge cut few months down. Sony is actually making money on the hardware like the 3DS and unlike the PS3 at launch where they were losing money for each unit sold, so they can actually make some price adjustments if the martket doesn't respond to them. Besides, the launch software is nothing but PS3 games on the smaller screen. Only Uncharted stands out but we all have/had enough Uncharted games to play on the PS3. I think it's still more wise to wait a bit unless one or more of the launch titles really interest you. The price will always be cheap further down the road.

Why does Sony insist on releasing these gimped systems at launch? One system for everyone is the way to go. The 3G unit will be discontinued within 6 months, the same way the 20gb PS3 was. No one has any use for expensive 3G thru AT&T. This unit is absolete before it even comes to market. All these deals are to clear out inventory, as Amazon probably order to many, thinking it would sale better. Everyone of these 3G bundles reeks of desperation, they can keep that unit and stick it where the sun don't shine. GARBAGE!

[quote name='caltab']I think anyone who pays for 3g will also get a free game. So if you get the first edition bundle and pay for 3g you get a game. I am not going to use the 3g so no free game for me.[/QUOTE]

I thought as long as you activate the 3G data pass service then you automatically get a free game/voucher? I was planning on activating this service BUT cancel the auto-renewal service before the free trial period ends just to qualify.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Is there any truth to this? Thought all PSVs have GPS built-in...[/QUOTE]

FWIW on Amazon's Vita wifi-only page it list GPS as a feature unless that's a typo?!?

bread's done
Back