Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='elessar123']That goes against carrying it all with you, which would make the $700 of games in his calculations wrong.

Actually, it's wrong anyways, because he calculated it based on $70 for a 32GB, instead of 24GB net gained from the $70.

Just looking on PSN, something like Deathspank is 1.2-1.5 GB, and that's a $15 game. Something like Wipeout will be 2GB+, judging by Wipeout HD. That's the closest comparison you can make, based on Wipeout being a full priced title.

Dead Space Extraction is nearly 4GB. Assuming a common $40 game takes even 3GB, it'll use 10% of your 32GB card, which is $10 of card real estate. You saved $4 from getting the digital version. Which one's the better deal, even before you factor in the ability to resell?[/QUOTE]

Asphalt Injection - 724 MB
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 1350 MB
Uncharted Golden Abyss - 2777 MB
Digi Q [AR tank game] - 220 MB
F1 - 1435 MB
Katamari - 744 MB
Good People Die Demo[999 sequel] - 121 MB
Little Deviants [20k yen which is about half the price of most] - 869 MB
Army Corps of Hell - 598 MB
Shinobido 2 - 1057 MB
Kyoukugen Dasshutsu: Zennin Shiboudesu[visual novel with ghost thingies] - 693 MB
Dynasty Warriors - 1485 MB
Dungeon Hunter - 1057 MB
Dream Club Zero - 2835 MB
Virtua Tennis - 1241 MB
Blaz Blue - 3180 MB
Mojohng Fight Club - 793 MB
Michael Jackson Experience - 1225 MB
Disgaea 3 - 1699 MB
Friends Network [doubt this will release outside JP] - 168 MB
Hot Shots Golf - 1100 MB
Monster Radar - 1640 MB
Twitter App - 5760 KB
Ridge Racer - 561 MB
Lord of Apocalypse - 1427 MB

From http://psvitaforum.com/threads/list-of-digital-game-sizes.1777/

[quote name='elessar123']That goes against carrying it all with you, which would make the $700 of games in his calculations wrong.

Actually, it's wrong anyways, because he calculated it based on $70 for a 32GB, instead of 24GB net gained from the $70.

Just looking on PSN, something like Deathspank is 1.2-1.5 GB, and that's a $15 game. Something like Wipeout will be 2GB+, judging by Wipeout HD. That's the closest comparison you can make, based on Wipeout being a full priced title.

Dead Space Extraction is nearly 4GB. Assuming a common $40 game takes even 3GB, it'll use 10% of your 32GB card, which is $10 of card real estate. You saved $4 from getting the digital version. Which one's the better deal, even before you factor in the ability to resell?[/QUOTE]

Asphalt Injection - 724 MB
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 1350 MB
Uncharted Golden Abyss - 2777 MB
Digi Q [AR tank game] - 220 MB
F1 - 1435 MB
Katamari - 744 MB
Good People Die Demo[999 sequel] - 121 MB
Little Deviants [20k yen which is about half the price of most] - 869 MB
Army Corps of Hell - 598 MB
Shinobido 2 - 1057 MB
Kyoukugen Dasshutsu: Zennin Shiboudesu[visual novel with ghost thingies] - 693 MB
Dynasty Warriors - 1485 MB
Dungeon Hunter - 1057 MB
Dream Club Zero - 2835 MB
Virtua Tennis - 1241 MB
Blaz Blue - 3180 MB
Mojohng Fight Club - 793 MB
Michael Jackson Experience - 1225 MB
Disgaea 3 - 1699 MB
Friends Network [doubt this will release outside JP] - 168 MB
Hot Shots Golf - 1100 MB
Monster Radar - 1640 MB
Twitter App - 5760 KB
Ridge Racer - 561 MB
Lord of Apocalypse - 1427 MB

From: http://psvitaforum.com/threads/list-of-digital-game-sizes.1777/

Ignoring the demo and Friends Network, that would all fit on a 32GB card.

I'm going to call both Sony and GameStop customer service tomorrow. I'll post back on what I find out. I hate to think Gstop is not going to do that but the kid is a good friend of mine. All will be solved tomorrow

[quote name='brentgolden']Sorry I mean feb 15.[/QUOTE]

They are doing a release on the 15th.. for the $350 first edition bundle.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You guys know you can delete and re-download games, right?[/QUOTE]

Actually I'm pretty sure there is going to be a multimedia manager for your computer where you can store all of your games and swap them at any time. At least that is what my friend told me

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darwalker23']Actually I'm pretty sure there is going to be a multimedia manager for your computer where you can store all of your games and swap them at any time. At least that is what my friend told me[/QUOTE]

ya that is correct and the ps3 could do it to

Just a FYI:

It seems there is always a certain group of people that will never be happy with what the price is unless it is FREE or by some chance a price mistake or even STEALING it..
Complain about the price of a PSV but yet got no problem buying a $300 + $80++/month Iphone plan, just to make phone calls and listen to music, when you can spend 10% of that on a simple phone and mp3 player. Or sipping away at your Starkbucks coffee...

You know what happens when companies have no one willing to buy/support their products THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS or STOP PRODUCING IT.. Its people who is willing to pay that extra cost, that that extra monies is funneled back into R&D to build new next gen products... Otherwise why bother building new products if people are not willing to pay extra so that some monies can be funneled back in to future R&D...

Same goes for those cheap ass whiners who complain about game prices, yea in a perfect world all games will be $10 buck and nothing but sports and FPS games all using the same algorithm models will be churned out... When you got no money to take some risk , you might as well just keep using the same game models and stamp a new title and call it another new game.

When couch potatoes and those living under mom's basement, who spend their days gaming and amounting to not much, are not willing to support or pay for the services of the people with brains and skill to develop things for their habits, it is a very sad commentary on these people

[quote name='postnet92']ya that is correct and the ps3 could do it to[/QUOTE]

there's no multimedia or a manger thing on the pc side for vita, at least for jp yet. also, you can't access Vita contents, even on the store (simply doesn't display) on the PC's MediaGO application.

[quote name='brentgolden']I'm going to call both Sony and GameStop customer service tomorrow. I'll post back on what I find out. I hate to think Gstop is not going to do that but the kid is a good friend of mine. All will be solved tomorrow[/QUOTE]
Don't even bother asking gamestop, they will lie to you just to keep your preorder.

It is entirely clear in the first paragraph http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/01/27/special-launch-day-ps-vita-3gwi-fi-bundle-announced/

i had the 32GB mc preorder but after giving some thought to the matter i downgraded to the 8GB one, see i was expecting the digital games to be at least 20 to 25% cheaper but 10% is a disappointment since is more than obvious retail stores will match the price just to keep the sales at their store so the high price for the mc is not worth the price of admission no more plus if you think about it digital games have no resell value and like the psp before it third party memory will start to show up cheaper and at a larger memory capacity

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i had the 32GB mc preorder but after giving some thought to the matter i downgraded to the 8GB one, see i was expecting the digital games to be at least 20 to 25% cheaper but 10% is a disappointment since is more than obvious retail stores will match the price just to keep the sales at their store so the high price for the mc is not worth the price of admission no more plus if you think about it digital games have no resell value and like the psp before it third party memory will start to show up cheaper and at a larger memory capacity[/QUOTE]

yeah, at only 10%, i'd rather have the box+physical media. you can always trade those in too

[quote name='HaloSucks']Just a FYI:

It seems there is always a certain group of people that will never be happy with what the price is unless it is FREE or by some chance a price mistake or even STEALING it..
Complain about the price of a PSV but yet got no problem buying a $300 + $80++/month Iphone plan, just to make phone calls and listen to music, when you can spend 10% of that on a simple phone and mp3 player. Or sipping away at your Starkbucks coffee...

You know what happens when companies have no one willing to buy/support their products THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS or STOP PRODUCING IT.. Its people who is willing to pay that extra cost, that that extra monies is funneled back into R&D to build new next gen products... Otherwise why bother building new products if people are not willing to pay extra so that some monies can be funneled back in to future R&D...

Same goes for those cheap ass whiners who complain about game prices, yea in a perfect world all games will be $10 buck and nothing but sports and FPS games all using the same algorithm models will be churned out... When you got no money to take some risk , you might as well just keep using the same game models and stamp a new title and call it another new game.

When couch potatoes and those living under mom's basement, who spend their days gaming and amounting to not much, are not willing to support or pay for the services of the people with brains and skill to develop things for their habits, it is a very sad commentary on these people[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you are mad.

The fact of the matter is, within a few months, retailers will have to offer the PS Vita at a lower price. It's a basic concept of supply and demand. Japan was the first indicated of mediocre sales for the device, US will probably see the same results. Anyone "CAG" that bought the 3DS will know not to be a first adopter...

[quote name='poker360']I don't understand why you are mad.

The fact of the matter is, within a few months, retailers will have to offer the PS Vita at a lower price. It's a basic concept of supply and demand. Japan was the first indicated of mediocre sales for the device, US will probably see the same results. Anyone "CAG" that bought the 3DS will know not to be a first adopter...[/QUOTE]
you cant point a finger at Japanese sales for the system since the launch titles for the vita are more than obvious aimed at the western customers, i mean, who gives a fuck about uncharted in japan? also the reason the 3ds came down in price was because sony announced a hardware that doubled the capacity of their system at the same price, that kinda took the mask of Nintendo, showing that they were making a shit load of profit on the 3ds, more than 100 bucks per system sold, no wonder customers got upset, i do believe the vita will do at least one million sales between USA and Europe, given the fact that fifa 12 is a release title and fifa 12 is still the number 1 selling game in Europe, you'll think that's gonna help the system build up momentum, now the reason Japanese stores lower the price of the vita 3g was because they ran out of the wifi version, considering sony was keeping stock very tight thinking on the western release, i mean for those who want to wait, sure, go ahead, whats gonna be the price drop? 50 bucks? after so many years people still don't get sony, they will never reduce the price of the system until there's a profit margin for them to do so, how may years did people rumored the ps3 dropping price and it took longer than they expected, sony knows they have a customer base that will support the system, i still remember when people was calling the ps3 the biggest failure and that it will be the end of the play station brand, as of now is the system with the better exclusives and better value in the market, i see deja vu here, just saying o_O

Talked to GameStop and Sony. The manager of GameStop was wrong. But I'm still keeping my deviants bundle. Get it a week early. I'd rather buy games not download. Get a case, Psn game, 3G card, little deviants and 4 g men stick for 350 I feel is a good deal. I'll just sell the 4 g and buy a bigger one later after more price drops.

[quote name='brentgolden']Talked to GameStop and Sony. The manager of GameStop was wrong. But I'm still keeping my deviants bundle. Get it a week early. I'd rather buy games not download. Get a case, Psn game, 3G card, little deviants and 4 g men stick for 350 I feel is a good deal. I'll just sell the 4 g and buy a bigger one later after more price drops.[/QUOTE]

Never trust Gamestop. They're a corporation of thieves and liars.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Never trust Gamestop. They're a corporation of thieves and liars.[/QUOTE]

Thats why they are HQ'ed in Texas......:booty:

Yeah it's kinda sad. I hate shopping there but the manager is my friend that told me this info. Whatever. I played it yesterday and cannot wait till the 15th!!!!! 👻

I personally don't mind throwing down an extra 50 to enjoy the system now while the rest of you blow the rest of the year arguing on the forums :)

[quote name='tranceFusion']I personally don't mind throwing down an extra 50 to enjoy the system now while the rest of you blow the rest of the year arguing on the forums :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed ^_^.

Only 14....long...boring....agonizing days to go...

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']you cant point a finger at Japanese sales for the system since the launch titles for the vita are more than obvious aimed at the western customers, i mean, who gives a fuck about uncharted in japan? also the reason the 3ds came down in price was because sony announced a hardware that doubled the capacity of their system at the same price, that kinda took the mask of Nintendo, showing that they were making a shit load of profit on the 3ds, more than 100 bucks per system sold, no wonder customers got upset, i do believe the vita will do at least one million sales between USA and Europe, given the fact that fifa 12 is a release title and fifa 12 is still the number 1 selling game in Europe, you'll think that's gonna help the system build up momentum, now the reason Japanese stores lower the price of the vita 3g was because they ran out of the wifi version, considering sony was keeping stock very tight thinking on the western release, i mean for those who want to wait, sure, go ahead, whats gonna be the price drop? 50 bucks? after so many years people still don't get sony, they will never reduce the price of the system until there's a profit margin for them to do so, how may years did people rumored the ps3 dropping price and it took longer than they expected, sony knows they have a customer base that will support the system, i still remember when people was calling the ps3 the biggest failure and that it will be the end of the play station brand, as of now is the system with the better exclusives and better value in the market, i see deja vu here, just saying o_O[/QUOTE]

Because Japans PSP sales have always been higher than that of the US. Just look at the past 2 years of the PSP here in America which got 1-2 games released a month.

But now, after Vitas poor launch in Japan, you suddenly think the American audience will fall in love with the PSP 2 which is $80 more than the 3DS which has established games already on store shelves? Not sure why you think Nintendo is scared of Sony (and the Vita) when they killed them last generation.

If Japan lowered the price, so will the US.

The "bonus items" Sony announced was a clear indication that they know things will be tough. Its a decent first step, but it won't accomplish much in terms of sales. It was a hail-mary at (literally) the last minute. Sony might be able to rest easy if it sells half of what the 3DS sells for March. But it will only go down from there. Probably a price cut at E3 or some sort of crazy bundle.

If Nintendo was forced to lower their price, you bet your butt Sony will too (if they put their ego away and actually want this to be a success). I'm still somewhat hoping I'll be able to get a Vita from one of my Reps just to check out a few games (in the future), but if not, I won't touch this thing until its $150.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Agreed ^_^.

Only 14....long...boring....agonizing days to go...[/QUOTE]

I strongly agree, but I don't think it will be boring, I am trying to hammer down on as many games as I can to finish so I can trade them in for extra trade in credit. I only wish they would do a midnight release for the 15th.

Yeah, i hope Best Buy does a midnight release here. (They said they might, he said they are getting tons of pre-orders).

Either way, i also cant wait because Tales of the Abyss 3DS comes out on that day too

[quote name='davidb69']I strongly agree, but I don't think it will be boring, I am trying to hammer down on as many games as I can to finish so I can trade them in for extra trade in credit. I only wish they would do a midnight release for the 15th.[/QUOTE]

GameStop in va is doing midnight release

[quote name='tranceFusion']I personally don't mind throwing down an extra 50 to enjoy the system now while the rest of you blow the rest of the year arguing on the forums :)[/QUOTE]

Yep. $50 is one date night I can skip with the wife. No big deal. I don't regret being an early adopter of the 3DS either.

[quote name='skubish']Yep. $50 is one date night I can skip with the wife. No big deal. I don't regret being an early adopter of the 3DS either.[/QUOTE]

When did Sony announce this $50 price cut? Or are you assuming they will cut the price only $50?

[quote name='GizmoGC']When did Sony announce this $50 price cut? Or are you assuming they will cut the price only $50?[/QUOTE]

Are you assuming they would cut it more than $50 because I really doubt they do.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Because Japans PSP sales have always been higher than that of the US. Just look at the past 2 years of the PSP here in America which got 1-2 games released a month.

But now, after Vitas poor launch in Japan, you suddenly think the American audience will fall in love with the PSP 2 which is $80 more than the 3DS which has established games already on store shelves? Not sure why you think Nintendo is scared of Sony (and the Vita) when they killed them last generation.

The "bonus items" Sony announced was a clear indication that they know things will be tough. Its a decent first step, but it won't accomplish much in terms of sales. It was a hail-mary at (literally) the last minute. Sony might be able to rest easy if it sells half of what the 3DS sells for March. But it will only go down from there. Probably a price cut at E3 or some sort of crazy bundle.

If Nintendo was forced to lower their price, you bet your butt Sony will too (if they put their ego away and actually want this to be a success). I'm still somewhat hoping I'll be able to get a Vita from one of my Reps just to check out a few games (in the future), but if not, I won't touch this thing until its $150.[/QUOTE]

The launch of games in the US is strongly focused to an American audience not a Japanese audience. When Final Fantasy X is released in Japan for Vita there will be boatloads sold. Monster Hunter being sold on 3DS was a big attention grab for gamers there and just want to play the 3DS.

Why will this version of the PSP do better? Very simple, the PSP didn't do as well in America for 2 reasons, games and no right analog stick. If you heard it once, you'll hear it again and again and you can go listen to any old podcasts, every one will say the same thing.

The bonus items are to push 3G sales probably because they saw a massive edge of preorders towards the Wifi version and I'm sure AT&T saw this and said, hey we want more money and we are not going to get any so they struck a deal to ad in somethings to go with the 3G model of the Vita to make it sell more. From what I am hearing things are equalling out. I'm excite to get the 3G model but I don't see using the 3G except for maybe one month for the free 250mb month and any month when I am on vacation.

[quote name='bkforyou']the launch bundle is sold out online at best buy. wonder if we can pre-order these instore?[/QUOTE]

I'm going to try later today, the guy there yesterday was clueless-- I went through the pre-order kiosk for just the normal 3G/Wifi unit but it didn't confirm it was the 8gb memory card, so I asked the guy with the Vita around his neck who assured me he knew all about the Vita... and then tried to sell me the FEB and told me the bundle I was asking about didn't exist. :p

But checking against the pre-order receipt I printed (but did not actually pre-order) yesterday, the SKU for the Launch bundle is the same as just the 3G was yesterday so they've updated their systems.

My biggest/only concern about the bundle is what happens if the unit is defective and we need to return it? I don't know how small the supply of the Launch Bundle will be (I'm sure it won't sell out in a day, but what about a week or two). Best Buy would want/need all of the parts back, including the memory card.. I'd hate to have go to through a warranty replacement instead of just returning the unit to BB, just so I could keep the memory. I'm also leaning against getting an extended warranty (which I RARELY buy anyway) just for the same reason-- it'd suck to have to return the 8gb memory card just to get a new Vita. (how would you transfer data? I guess it's similar to what would happen returning a 360 after the fact)

[quote name='davidb69']
The bonus items are to push 3G sales probably because they saw a massive edge of preorders towards the Wifi version and I'm sure AT&T saw this and said, hey we want more money and we are not going to get any so they struck a deal to ad in somethings to go with the 3G model of the Vita to make it sell more. [/QUOTE]

It is more likely that the 3G model costs Sony $4-6 more to build but they charge $50 more for it, so adding some freebies on the 3G version is still a sound move regardless if gets folks to trade up from a Wifi model or even better, if it motivates someone to buy that was otherwise going to wait.

[quote name='Justin42']I'm going to try later today, the guy there yesterday was clueless-- I went through the pre-order kiosk for just the normal 3G/Wifi unit but it didn't confirm it was the 8gb memory card, so I asked the guy with the Vita around his neck who assured me he knew all about the Vita... and then tried to sell me the FEB and told me the bundle I was asking about didn't exist. :p

But checking against the pre-order receipt I printed (but did not actually pre-order) yesterday, the SKU for the Launch bundle is the same as just the 3G was yesterday so they've updated their systems.

My biggest/only concern about the bundle is what happens if the unit is defective and we need to return it? I don't know how small the supply of the Launch Bundle will be (I'm sure it won't sell out in a day, but what about a week or two). Best Buy would want/need all of the parts back, including the memory card.. I'd hate to have go to through a warranty replacement instead of just returning the unit to BB, just so I could keep the memory. I'm also leaning against getting an extended warranty (which I RARELY buy anyway) just for the same reason-- it'd suck to have to return the 8gb memory card just to get a new Vita. (how would you transfer data? I guess it's similar to what would happen returning a 360 after the fact)[/QUOTE]

If the unit is defective, best buy should be able to just swap the Vita out from another unit. I've had similar situations taken care of by their customer service before so I wouldn't worry about that.

I'm gonna also try later today and see if I can preorder the 3G Launch bundle tonight.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Because Japans PSP sales have always been higher than that of the US. Just look at the past 2 years of the PSP here in America which got 1-2 games released a month.

If Nintendo was forced to lower their price, you bet your butt Sony will too (if they put their ego away and actually want this to be a success). I'm still somewhat hoping I'll be able to get a Vita from one of my Reps just to check out a few games (in the future), but if not, I won't touch this thing until its $150.[/QUOTE]

I really don't get these A = B comparisons people keep mentioning.

Japanese sales data is INFACT irrelevant because as people keep saying, the games are directed at the west. Once bigger games come out it will sell better like anything else.

You can't compare the 3DS to the Vita. Going off history just about every title was exclusive for that system. Due to this you can't really compare them because if you want X games you need Y system.

The 3G bundle was a bad idea. 3G is pretty limited on the vita and with AT&T offering the network... well yeah. I don't know how many people would want to pay 50 dollars more to have the option to pay more money... Sony/AT&T noticed this so they're trying to make the 3G bundle more attractive.

Is it just me, or does it seem like there's a lot of jealousy in this thread? I'm not trying to be mean, but it appears to me that people are trying to put down a console that, in essence, no one has had the chance to play yet. I'm sorry you can't afford it. Hey, I can't afford an Aston Martin, but it doesn't mean that I go out of my way to bash the company, or their products.

If you don't like the Vita, then don't get it. I'm not sure how I can explain it better. People have pretty much made up their minds about the Vita, so I'm not sure what's trying to be accomplished by those who keep throwing out arguments as why the console "will" fail. Good luck with that, I guess?

your perception of what i wrote baffles me, when did i said Nintendo was scared? about the psp selling more in japan, two words, monster hunter, just wait until that game comes out on vita, guess everyone has their own truth

[quote name='Pck21']Is it just me, or does it seem like there's a lot of jealousy in this thread? I'm not trying to be mean, but it appears to me that people are trying to put down a console that, in essence, no one has had the chance to play yet. I'm sorry you can't afford it. Hey, I can't afford an Aston Martin, but it doesn't mean that I go out of my way to bash the company, or their products.

If you don't like the Vita, then don't get it. I'm not sure how I can explain it better. People have pretty much made up their minds about the Vita, so I'm not sure what's trying to be accomplished by those who keep throwing out arguments as why the console "will" fail. Good luck with that, I guess?[/QUOTE]

It's not just you. To be honest I wish more people in the thread had your logic because some of the posts in this thread would make a GameFAQs troll proud. The truth is no one can truly predict one way or the other how it's going to go for the Vita. However, the fact that some people are so insistent that everyone agree with them that the Vita will fail is kind of baffling.

I had my mind made up when I saw Uncharted. Fail or not, I'm buying one and even if the announced games are all that is ever coming out, I think it will be worth 250 dollars to me.

Also, sort of off topic, but am I the only person that wishes they had an Ambassador 3DS? I have one that I got for 170 a few months ago and I would have gladly paid the 80 dollars for the 20 games. People keep bringing that up but I really think for the most part Nintendo tried to do right by the early adopters.

[quote name='bdb2m']It's not just you. To be honest I wish more people in the thread had your logic because some of the posts in this thread would make a GameFAQs troll proud. The truth is no one can truly predict one way or the other how it's going to go for the Vita. However, the fact that some people are so insistent that everyone agree with them that the Vita will fail is kind of baffling.

I had my mind made up when I saw Uncharted. Fail or not, I'm buying one and even if the announced games are all that is ever coming out, I think it will be worth 250 dollars to me.

Also, sort of off topic, but am I the only person that wishes they had an Ambassador 3DS? I have one that I got for 170 a few months ago and I would have gladly paid the 80 dollars for the 20 games. People keep bringing that up but I really think for the most part Nintendo tried to do right by the early adopters.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you! Once I knew Uncharted was going to be a launch game, that sealed it for me. The $300 price tag is not easy, but it's manageable for me, and definitely worth it to play Uncharted on the go. It's all relative, and personal perception/situation, folks!

I've seen a lot of people make the same case for the 3DS as well. 20 games for free? Where do I sign? Nintendo didn't have to do that! They could have dropped their pants and flipped off early adopters, but they didn't. Instead they rewarded them, and what do they get in return? Spite and anger. Brilliant. I hope the Vita drops the price so I can get 20 PSN games for free lol!

[quote name='Pck21']Is it just me, or does it seem like there's a lot of jealousy in this thread? I'm not trying to be mean, but it appears to me that people are trying to put down a console that, in essence, no one has had the chance to play yet. I'm sorry you can't afford it. Hey, I can't afford an Aston Martin, but it doesn't mean that I go out of my way to bash the company, or their products.

If you don't like the Vita, then don't get it. I'm not sure how I can explain it better. People have pretty much made up their minds about the Vita, so I'm not sure what's trying to be accomplished by those who keep throwing out arguments as why the console "will" fail. Good luck with that, I guess?[/QUOTE]

Not just you, but I think the main issue is that a lot of people really want one but can't afford one. However, rather than looking at it clearly as you described above, they'd rather bitch and moan that Sony is charging too much, etc. We've become a "blamer" society where if we aren't happy about something, many of us assume it must be someone else's fault because we can't be responsible for our own unhappiness.

How dare Sony charge a premium for the Vita!

How dare they charge more for their proprietary storage cards than the dime-a-dozen gray market microSD cards that haven been on the market for several years!

Doesn't Sony recognize that they have a responsibility to the masses to do things the way the masses demand and sell things at prices deemed acceptable by the masses?

Release a product and charge a premium at launch and then drop the prices later as volume goes up and costs go down? Unacceptable, because the masses want it to be cheap now!

Personally, I think Sony is free to do business however they want and are trying to get the maximum revenue from the early adopters before determining when and by how much prices should be lowered for the late adopters. Obviously the prices will come down at some point since this is the universal trend with pretty much every consumer device, however each person needs to balance their desires vs. their disposable income vs. the anticipated value of owning a Vita and come to their own decision about when (or if) they should buy a Vita.

Do I wish the prices were lower? Hell ya! But will I buy it at release? Most likely, because it looks like a cool device, I have the disposable cash, and I can accept that the prices will likely drop to some degree over the coming months. However, I'll probably just buy one or two games at launch because I expect to see some B2G1 or similar deals post-launch.

[quote name='GTR R35']We need something like this here in US..Doubt Amazon will make it happen.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature....pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=280597787&pf_rd_i=ps vita[/QUOTE]

Weak us dollar and strong sterling pound might has do with something ? But in terms of quantity, any amount Brits are buying, us yanks will beat it by 10 folds.

I really want to get psv, but I feel i could wait a couple of weeks and months for a good system promotion.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Not just you, but I think the main issue is that a lot of people really want one but can't afford one. However, rather than looking at it clearly as you described above, they'd rather bitch and moan that Sony is charging too much, etc. We've become a "blamer" society where if we aren't happy about something, many of us assume it must be someone else's fault because we can't be responsible for our own unhappiness.

How dare Sony charge a premium for the Vita!

How dare they charge more for their proprietary storage cards than the dime-a-dozen gray market microSD cards that haven been on the market for several years!

Doesn't Sony recognize that they have a responsibility to the masses to do things the way the masses demand and sell things at prices deemed acceptable by the masses?

Release a product and charge a premium at launch and then drop the prices later as volume goes up and costs go down? Unacceptable, because the masses want it to be cheap now!

Personally, I think Sony is free to do business however they want and are trying to get the maximum revenue from the early adopters before determining when and by how much prices should be lowered for the late adopters. Obviously the prices will come down at some point since this is the universal trend with pretty much every consumer device, however each person needs to balance their desires vs. their disposable income vs. the anticipated value of owning a Vita and come to their own decision about when (or if) they should buy a Vita.

Do I wish the prices were lower? Hell ya! But will I buy it at release? Most likely, because it looks like a cool device, I have the disposable cash, and I can accept that the prices will likely drop to some degree over the coming months. However, I'll probably just buy one or two games at launch because I expect to see some B2G1 or similar deals post-launch.[/QUOTE]

foxandgrapes.png

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You know what's cool about the Vita? It comes out around the time I get my tax refund, wooo![/QUOTE]

I'm blowing a good portion of mine on an iPad 3 64GB. Trying to decide if I want to get the 4G with it or not. If the 3rd gen iPad has 3G then forget it. 4G or bust at this point. That goes for you too iPhone 5!!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm blowing a good portion of mine on an iPad 3 64GB. Trying to decide if I want to get the 4G with it or not. If the 3rd gen iPad has 3G then forget it. 4G or bust at this point. That goes for you too iPhone 5!![/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm an exception but I've never needed 3G for my iPad. All my local haunts have wifi.

bread's done
Back