Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarkonJohn']However, I'll probably just buy one or two games at launch because I expect to see some B2G1 or similar deals post-launch.[/QUOTE]
This is the part that worries me the most. After some recent experiences, I'm worried that my launch games will arrive and then just days later they will start adding $10 credits or B2G1 or whatever and I'll either have to accept defeat or fight with Amazon.

I'm realistic. I have no problem with other people getting a better deal after a few weeks. However, when it's just a few days later, that's just asinine. I still remember the Ico & SotC Collection going on sale just 2 days after it came out and being denied the promotion.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Sorry if this is a dumb question but do PSN games work on the Vita?[/QUOTE]

The answer is no unless they are PSP PSN games. They are planning to get PSOne games on PSN to work in the future

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Maybe I'm an exception but I've never needed 3G for my iPad. All my local haunts have wifi.[/QUOTE]

Don't want to use the Internet at work otherwise I'm pretty much with you. I have a jailbroken tether app that I was going to tether my Vita and iPad to anyway.

[quote name='IRSmurf'] (Fox and the grapes)[/QUOTE]

That is entirely awesome. Perfectly sums up the "console warz". I'm stealing this image, btw.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Sorry if this is a dumb question but do PSN games work on the Vita?[/QUOTE]

As far as I have read all downloadable PSP games and minis on PSN will work. The Vita has an emulator that will play them and supposedly upscale to look even better.

I went into GS today to trade an old PSP towards the Vita and they said you couldn't do it for the preorder only purchase and I would have to wait, so for some reason I didn't cancel before and put the $25 on credit. Called another store and looked on the site and it states can do it for preorder so Im going back and bitchin.

I also think there will probably be deals on games shortly after release so I'm just getting Wipeout for now. Between that and the PSP games I never played, that should be enough for awhile. The only question for me is if I should get the Vita right away or wait a couple weeks to see if there are any console deals.

[quote name='IRSmurf']
foxandgrapes.png
[/QUOTE]

Now, if that was a 'sly' fox, he would've yanked down those grapes by that vine.:roll:

Hopefully this hasn't been brought up in thread a million times - any deals on the wifi version? Or have they realized that no one wants the 3g and are only offering deals on that?

[quote name='wasurenai']Hopefully this hasn't been brought up in thread a million times - any deals on the wifi version? Or have they realized that no one wants the 3g and are only offering deals on that?[/QUOTE]

Been asked quite a few times. No, there hasn't been any stellar deals on the wifi model. I think Target had a $20 gc for PSVita in general a while back.

Pretty much, I've jumped on the 3G only because of the Launch Bundle otherwise I would have went with Wifi and probably an 8gb or 16gb stick anyway.

I know I will buy a PSN game eventually, (not sure if it's a $10 game or $15, details on that are iffy). $30 for an 8gb. So in reality, I'm paying about $10 more for the option for 3G and a built in GPS.

[quote name='Pck21']Is it just me, or does it seem like there's a lot of jealousy in this thread? I'm not trying to be mean, but it appears to me that people are trying to put down a console that, in essence, no one has had the chance to play yet. I'm sorry you can't afford it. Hey, I can't afford an Aston Martin, but it doesn't mean that I go out of my way to bash the company, or their products.

If you don't like the Vita, then don't get it. I'm not sure how I can explain it better. People have pretty much made up their minds about the Vita, so I'm not sure what's trying to be accomplished by those who keep throwing out arguments as why the console "will" fail. Good luck with that, I guess?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's it, were all jealous because we can't afford a $250 handheld that is destined for last place like it's previous. A handheld which bombed in it's native land. Yeah, jealous.

Trust me, lots of people won't be getting Vita's. I fully expect Sony to try using the 'shipped' units BS once sales fall flat. By late March we should have some sort of price reduction/bundle from a retailer trying to move stock. By E3 probably an official price reduction/bundle from Sony.

You're more than happy to keep cheering the Vita on, but all signs are pointing to it being a bust. EVen this thread makes no sense as it's essentially telling everyone what the MSRP of a system is.

[quote name='Pck21']Is it just me, or does it seem like there's a lot of jealousy in this thread? I'm not trying to be mean, but it appears to me that people are trying to put down a console that, in essence, no one has had the chance to play yet. I'm sorry you can't afford it. Hey, I can't afford an Aston Martin, but it doesn't mean that I go out of my way to bash the company, or their products.[/QUOTE]

I was going to leave this alone, but I can't. Maybe that's the case for some; however not all of us. I can afford a vita I'm just questioning: 1) Is it worth the price, and right now I say no. After you add in memory cards, and games making the price of entry between 300 - 400 depending on what system you buy, so it feels overpriced IMO. 2) While I think long term it will be a success that wont come until the price drops. (Side note: I will make a bet right now with anyone after the initial sales surge it will flounder and people [See business and gaming media] will start asking "Is the PS Vita a Flop") I still have my preorder on Amazon (WiFi) and honestly if they give a deal like Amazon UK I'll keep it, but at this point I'm ready to hold out for a better deal. Hell I might even hold until for the inevitable FF X bundle in 2013 or when ever that remake comes out.

To everyone else be exited new systems are awesome and 99% of the time I'm right in line to grab the newest no matter the cost. With that said there is something pushing me from this. I don't know if its the fact that I don't need all the bells and whistles and I just want a gaming console, over priced memory cards, games that reach console price in a world of .99 iPhone games, or just little time to play. The 3DS burned me and maybe I'm a tad jaded because of it.

[quote name='62t']The answer is no unless they are PSP PSN games. They are planning to get PSOne games on PSN to work in the future[/QUOTE]

Ugh I thought at least PS1 games worked... That ruins some of my vacation plans for the summer. Bah. :whistle2:#

[quote name='GizmoGC']Yeah, that's it, were all jealous because we can't afford a $250 handheld that is destined for last place like it's previous. A handheld which bombed in it's native land. Yeah, jealous.

Trust me, lots of people won't be getting Vita's. I fully expect Sony to try using the 'shipped' units BS once sales fall flat. By late March we should have some sort of price reduction/bundle from a retailer trying to move stock. By E3 probably an official price reduction/bundle from Sony.

You're more than happy to keep cheering the Vita on, but all signs are pointing to it being a bust. EVen this thread makes no sense as it's essentially telling everyone what the MSRP of a system is.[/QUOTE]

Yes because last place is a big deal when there are only 2 handheld competing this new gen of handheld. 3DS or PSVita.

No company tracks the number sold to consumers. It's far too difficult and can only be guessitmated. But what they can track the order/shipment to retailers. If the retailers see a system isn't selling, it's obvious they aren't going to ask for more systems than the previous batch. If it is selling, then the retailers will order more.

Look, all of us can argue like we are all analyst or something but we have no way of knowing for sure until the Vita is release and see for ourselves. Personally, I see the Vita doing fine, maybe not a roaring success like 2 millions in the first month but a respectable number. The PS3 didn't break records but neither is it gone.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']Yes because last place is a big deal when there are only 2 handheld competing this new gen of handheld. 3DS or PSVita.

No company tracks the number sold to consumers. It's far too difficult and can only be guessitmated. But what they can track the order/shipment to retailers. If the retailers see a system isn't selling, it's obvious they aren't going to:[/QUOTE]

Point 1: You forget smartphones, iPods, tablets. You may not see it as competition, but Sony and Nintendo do and have said so.

Point 2: Love your avatar... Matt Smith is (has) become my favorite Dr.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Yeah, that's it, were all jealous because we can't afford a $250 handheld that is destined for last place like it's previous. A handheld which bombed in it's native land. Yeah, jealous.

You're more than happy to keep cheering the Vita on, but all signs are pointing to it being a bust. EVen this thread makes no sense as it's essentially telling everyone what the MSRP of a system is.[/QUOTE]

The main reason the Vita is not doing so hot in Japan is because of the games avalible for it there. Most of the launch games were games geared towards the western markert- not the Japanese market. Almost all of the titles aimed at the Japanese market were really small kind of niche/new franchises. Why buy a Vita when you can get Monster Hunter on 3DS? That's Sony's biggest issue right now. It should do fairly good here though. It has lots of popular games coming out for it, and most skeptics/critics that have played it walked away wanting one.

1. PSP sold very well; the DS just sold amazingly well. Getting last place in a race of two is hardly an indication of a product flopping or performing poorly.
2. All companies use "shipped" numbers. The only time I've seen serious complaints about the use of the word was when Sony was counting products still in their warehouses as shipped.
3. You are horrible at apostrophes.

I couldn't care less how well the Vita sells. I am sure it will do decently enough and at the very least maintain the quality of titles we saw on the PSP.

[quote name='Tygamr']The main reason the Vita is not doing so hot in Japan is because of the games avalible for it there. Most of the launch games were games geared towards the western markert- not the Japanese market. Almost all of the titles aimed at the Japanese market were really small kind of niche/new franchises. Why buy a Vita when you can get Monster Hunter on 3DS? That's Sony's biggest issue right now. It should do fairly good here though. It has lots of popular games coming out for it, and most skeptics/critics that have played it walked away wanting one.[/QUOTE]
I'm not buying the lack of Japanese-focused titles excuse -- there are plenty of games geared towards a Japanese market on the system. The fact is there are numerous reasons why the PSV wouldn't sell well in Japan, and I doubt it's just one (primary) factor. I do agree though in that Monster Hunter or a killer app is really needed, as the PSV just cannot compete with Nintendo's 3DS library at the moment, and that's a major problem.

I almost feel like I have to support the Vita because I HATE gaming on my phone. I need buttons. I don't want to get into a flame war but very, very few games from traditional genres work -- FOR ME -- on my phone. The total lack of tactile feedback is just too much for my decades of gaming with buttons.

I'm not thrilled about the price, but it looks like a very nice piece of hardware. And I really don't want touchscreen gaming to become any more prominent than it already is. Maybe my 1 Vita won't stop the tide but I really hope the market will be strong enough for it to at least hold on like the PSP did (before Sony basically gave up on it. :/ )

Oh, I should add, went back to Best Buy today and the pre-order kiosk wasn't updated for the launch bundle. I'm thinking at this point I'm just going to order online with in-store pickup, even though I'm trying to avoid that. (I did it with the 3DS and it was a bit of a mess when BB had the 3DS + $25 GC later in the launch week, had to buy a second unit then pack up the original, they were super picky about which one I returned, total pain in the ass.)

The smartphone quality level has been nice from time to time, but it's not consistent enough for me. It was fun for a while, but with the recent 3DS surge and the Vita coming I'm back into dedicated handhelds and what they can do moving forward. Plus, I have plenty of PSN PSP games I'd still play and my old first generation PSP is barely functional, so I'll have a decent little library from the start to enjoy again between new releases.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']1. PSP sold very well; the DS just sold amazingly well. Getting last place in a race of two is hardly an indication of a product flopping or performing poorly.
2. All companies use "shipped" numbers. The only time I've seen serious complaints about the use of the word was when Sony was counting products still in their warehouses as shipped.
3. You are horrible at apostrophes.

I couldn't care less how well the Vita sells. I am sure it will do decently enough and at the very least maintain the quality of titles we saw on the PSP.

I'm not buying the lack of Japanese-focused titles excuse -- there are plenty of games geared towards a Japanese market on the system. The fact is there are numerous reasons why the PSV wouldn't sell well in Japan, and I doubt it's just one (primary) factor. I do agree though in that Monster Hunter or a killer app is really needed, as the PSV just cannot compete with Nintendo's 3DS library at the moment, and that's a major problem.[/QUOTE]

1. Sold "well enough" that the handheld had 1-2 games released a month for the past two years in America? Or how much retailers drastically reduced space for the handheld? Or how the Go! was an utter failure? That's not good signs for Vita.
2. No, Sony uses them all the time when they were in last place (PS3, PSP). It's often laughed at.
3. Am I supposed' to'o care'?

I think the question is why do people who dont want to buy a Vita keep coming into this thread? If you dont want one, and hate Sony and/or Vita so much, why bother coming in here? Ohh, thats right, you have nothing better to do and think people should really care what you think.

I am not buying a Vita day 1 and I dont care if it fails or not. All I care about is seeing how the cross play and remote play features work, if at all, and then I may buy one later down the road. And selfishly, if the Vita has a couple price drops I would be a happy camper.

[quote name='wrencrest']I think the question is why do people who dont want to buy a Vita keep coming into this thread? If you dont want one, and hate Sony and/or Vita so much, why bother coming in here? Ohh, thats right, you have nothing better to do and think people should really care what you think.

I am not buying a Vita day 1 and I dont care if it fails or not. All I care about is seeing how the cross play and remote play features work, if at all, and then I may buy one later down the road. And selfishly, if the Vita has a couple price drops I would be a happy camper.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Yeah, I think the remote play is a really awesome feature as long as it works with more games as time goes on. Also if Sony is aggressive with sales on the Vita store as they are on PSN (especially for PS+), I'll definitely get a Vita.

On the other hand it's expensive, memory is overpriced, and there is no way in hell I'm paying $40 for a handheld game.

Yeah everyone bashing the vita get off this thread!!!!! I'm buying it on the 15th. I played it at GameStop and was blown away. I cannot wait till the 15th and all people waiting till price drop or Clearance good for u by then I will have already played most of the awesome games and will be moving on to bigger and better things while u sit back logged ,complaining about the next new system coming out. 😃😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Do people really have that empty of a life that they would troll this topic? Nobody gives a fuck what your reason is for not buying a Vita, I don't give a fuck about the 3DS but I won't be in a topic for it telling people not to buy it and all that bullshit.

Not sure why some people spend so much time in this topic trolling and raging against the Vita with no intention of buying it

Internet Logic makes my brain hurt

What do you not understand.... I'm honestly torn on it. I want it, but I'm not sure if it's a good buy right now. Reading, and posting, to this thread has given me pros and cons. Go figure someone would want to use actual debate and logic to make a decision. However I forget everything in the intertubes must be a raging fanboi flame war. If I was trolling all I would say is vita sucks 3ds Rocks woooo Mario, Zelda , fuck Drake in his golden abyss.

I just want to say, I had the Japanese Wifi model and it was awesome, the screen is mind blowing and the games all seem targeted towards the western market. I played Uncharted, MVC 3, and Katamari. I can't wait to get a hold of the 3G USA unit. I'm extremely excited for Lumines, Wipeout, Uncharted, and the english version of Katamari.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']What do you not understand.... I'm honestly torn on it. I want it, but I'm not sure if it's a good buy right now. Reading, and posting, to this thread has given me pros and cons. Go figure someone would want to use actual debate and logic to make a decision. However I forget everything in the intertubes must be a raging fanboi flame war. If I was trolling all I would say is vita sucks 3ds Rocks woooo Mario, Zelda , fuck Drake in his golden abyss.[/QUOTE]

Logic much like common sense are based off the actual user and not the whole. Additionally I wouldn't call the "debating" really helpful to anyone. There are plenty of logical reasons to buy or not to buy, but again some people take it to extremes...

Its going to be a $10-15 title based on the "$55 savings" sticker on the box.

It will NOT be a full fledged title, and definitely will be a budget title

[quote name='n4styn4t3']
On the other hand it's expensive, memory is overpriced, and there is no way in hell I'm paying $40 for a handheld game.[/QUOTE]

Just curious, but given that man DS/3DS games start out at $40, why does $40 for a release-day Vita game seem so unreasonable since it seems to be the typical starting list price for a higher-end handheld game. Also, some Vita games (as well as DS/3DS/PSP) games are launching at at $30 price point, so again, the game pricing doesn't seem to be out of whack compared to other platforms (except Android and iOS).

Or is it just that you won't pay $40 for ANY handheld game, regardless of the platform?

Obviously Uncharted is the obvious exception at $50, which I agree is really pushing the limits of tolerance. I'm thinking of not buying it until I can get it for $40 or less just because I don't want to encourage them to price ANY Vita games at this price point in the future.

going back to the deal topic, I just went into best buy and preordered the 3G launch bundle. its preorder kiosk won't say it's a launch bundle but the skus are the same. Im guessing all 3g models coming in are going to be launch bundles till it runs out.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Just curious, but given that man DS/3DS games start out at $40, why does $40 for a release-day Vita game seem so unreasonable since it seems to be the typical starting list price for a higher-end handheld game. Also, some Vita games (as well as DS/3DS/PSP) games are launching at at $30 price point, so again, the game pricing doesn't seem to be out of whack compared to other platforms (except Android and iOS).

Or is it just that you won't pay $40 for ANY handheld game, regardless of the platform?

Obviously Uncharted is the obvious exception at $50, which I agree is really pushing the limits of tolerance. I'm thinking of not buying it until I can get it for $40 or less just because I don't want to encourage them to price ANY Vita games at this price point in the future.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm not down with paying $40 for DS games either. I think the market has changed with iOS and if Nintendo and Sony want to continue to be competitive, they might need to reexamine their strategies.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Yeah, I think the remote play is a really awesome feature as long as it works with more games as time goes on. Also if Sony is aggressive with sales on the Vita store as they are on PSN (especially for PS+), I'll definitely get a Vita.

On the other hand it's expensive, memory is overpriced, and there is no way in hell I'm paying $40 for a handheld game.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. For me, all I care about is remote and cross play. I will not buy any handheld system and have to buy all new games that can only be played on it. Thats just me. I am not saying the system or any system sucks if they dont have that, it just what I want.

If Sony would come out and say that I could play all/most PSN games and/or show more games that allow cross play/remote play without making me buy both PS3 and vita versions, I would buy Vita day 1 in a heart beat. But since that doesnt seem to be the case, I am waiting to see how many games use the feature to decide if it is right for me to spend $300 on the system and memory.

Is the above good for everyone as just general discussion and not flaming anyone? Thanks lol

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Yeah, I'm not down with paying $40 for DS games either. I think the market has changed with iOS and if Nintendo and Sony want to continue to be competitive, they might need to reexamine their strategies.[/QUOTE]

Why?

Does Angry Birds compare with Super Mario 3D Land?

[quote name='gxer2002']will there be any first person shooter games for the vita?[/QUOTE]

Not at launch, but Resistance: Burning Skies should be out by the end of summer and both Killzone and Call of Duty games are currently in development.

[quote name='gxer2002']will there be any first person shooter games for the vita?[/QUOTE]

I believe Resistance Burning Skies is in launch window and later on I believe Call of Duty and a Bioshock game will come out

resistance burning skies is suppose to come out during the summer. Dust 514 (eve online's mmofps), a CoDuty, and a killzone game are suppose to come out this year too.

also uncharted and unit 13 but they are third person shooters

[quote name='gxer2002']thx for the input guys, I am debating if I want to get in on the amazon deal since I want them to have fps games on it.[/QUOTE]

If the main thing you care about is FPS games and (presumably) playing them online, then I'd recommend you wait at least until one comes out, because it's very possible that by then the Vita (or at least its memory cards) will have dropped in price.

Also, you wouldn't be able to play those shooters online using a 3G plan; wifi is required for real-time online play. Therefore, you really aren't missing much by passing on the 3G launch bundle, since the extra $50 that the 3G Vita costs probably isn't worth it to you.

bread's done
Back