Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h4mx0r']Like Uncharted was at the 28 mark because it was mispriced at 39.99 msrp, when it's actually 49.99.

Also dynasty warriors next was hilariously priced at 59.99 earlier. It's fixed now of course.[/QUOTE]
Damn ok thanks. I guess I'll bite on Uncharted for $35. Still just under $300 for the vita 3g, game, and case/screen protectors. Less than I spent on the 3DS when it came out.

[quote name='ShockandAww']What could you get them for before? I'm trying to get Uncharted but I guess it won't go under $34.99 now? Would have bit at $28 but wouldnt pay a penny over $30 for it.

Edit: I'm such a bitch. I'll probably get it for $35 after reading reviews.[/QUOTE]

Personally I would just rent Uncharted, it's single player only and isn't exactly replayable.

I dont see how you could go wrong considering they are long running franchises so you know exactly what to expect

I am still undecided on what else to pick up besides Uncharted. Probably will wait for reviews but Army Corps of Hell interests me

That depends on what you want in a handheld game. If you're looking for addictive games that can be played intermittently to try and increase high scores, then those games should fit the bill.

If story and variety is important, then you probably won't enjoy those two as much.

Personally, I prefer Modnation to WipEout because of the creative content; I feel I'll get a good amount of use from that while traveling.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Does HSG and wipeout sound like good launch games or should I get something else? Obviously I'll get gravity whenever that gets here[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed the Wipeout Vita demo.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']
Personally, I prefer Modnation to WipEout because of the creative content; I feel I'll get a good amount of use from that while traveling.[/QUOTE]

Modnation's loading time is absolutely terrible, though the demo build did seem early so that may be part of the problem.

Calling BBY at the moment. The CS rep I'm speaking with can't find the First Edition Bundle on the website. What other approach should I take to getting a preorder on this?

I have my pre-order ticket from trying to get the first edition bundle in store. Pre-order sku# 4027031 and sku# 4026842 (The pre-order is probably just the $5 down)

Can anyone vouch for Lockerz.com? Never used it before, and wanted some verification that the site is legit before I order the Vita from them? I know shipping will probably be slow, but I don't mind waiting. Can't beat $239.99 for the launch bundle though!

[quote name='mkm1998']Can anyone vouch for Lockerz.com? Never used it before, and wanted some verification that the site is legit before I order the Vita from them? I know shipping will probably be slow, but I don't mind waiting. Can't beat $239.99 for the launch bundle though![/QUOTE]

they are legit
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311931
can't wait to get my re revelations, uncharted, and tales of the abyss from them.

[quote name='mkm1998']Can anyone vouch for Lockerz.com? Never used it before, and wanted some verification that the site is legit before I order the Vita from them? I know shipping will probably be slow, but I don't mind waiting. Can't beat $239.99 for the launch bundle though![/QUOTE]

They seem legit. I got the Vita+Starter Kit+Uncharted for like $300 from them.

Checked both Walmarts here for Vita games/Accessories and nothing. Guess ill be ordering Hot Shots Golf and some Screen Protectors from Amazon tonight.

Ok, got enough points on Lockerz...now just hoping I can use a Visa gift card. Anyone know if this is possible? Never used one for an online purchase before...

[quote name='captaintek3304']Ok, got enough points on Lockerz...now just hoping I can use a Visa gift card. Anyone know if this is possible? Never used one for an online purchase before...[/QUOTE]

you should be able to, i haven't had an issue using them from other vendors (can't speak to lockerz specifically though)

Grabbed the starter kit and uncharted from Lockerz, but I can't wait the extra few days/week it'd take for the vita to get to me from them. Sticking with Amazon for the Vita itself and hopefully they do something else to sweeten the deal a little more.

[quote name='Prismatico']$22 for Twisted Metal?[/QUOTE]

They had SSX and UFC for 30 as well. Technically a price mistake, but they honored all of them and didn't seem too surprised when people told them.

[quote name='dmdragon']are they charging immediately if you use paypal to pay or are they just pending it until it ships on the 22nd?[/QUOTE]
I thought paypal was immediate no matter who you bought from? Anyway yes it's immediate.

Not always. I had a preorder for something (can't remember what) and it just stayed pended until it shipped 2 weeks later, then it charged and took from my bank account. According to the support ticket, that's how it works here. It holds the funds on paypal (any balance you have) and it isn't actually deducted until it ships.

Kind of like a pending credit charge, where it's held, but doesn't actually take the money until it ships.

Got this from a support ticket 2 minutes after i sent one (impressively fast)

Sorry for the confusion! When you place an order in shop, the funds in your account are immediately reserved by Paypal, to verify that funds are available. This is a "pending" charge. When your order is shipped from our warehouse, the funds are fully deduced, and a charge will appear on your account. Depending on how your bank processes this, the "pending" charge may disappear from your account before shipment, or may remain until shipment when the full amount is deducted.

Best,
Mason

I sent Sony PR an inquiry about the Vita's GPS and a response came today. According to the representative, there will be a maps system exclusive to the 3G model with limited functionality at launch; future updates to the system are expected.

Whether or not an active 3G connection is required for the maps system to work is still unknown, although the representative indicated that he will provide a follow-up response once he knows for sure.

From what I've read with the new update it works like Google Maps on the phone. It uses the data connection to download maps on the fly, but doesn't store maps locally like a GPS does. Hopefully this will change, I ordered a 3G but I have no intention of activating it.

[quote name='GohanX']From what I've read with the new update it works like Google Maps on the phone. It uses the data connection to download maps on the fly, but doesn't store maps locally like a GPS does. Hopefully this will change, I ordered a 3G but I have no intention of activating it.[/QUOTE]

While not definitive in its own right (they could be wrong), but the Wifi only model on amazon does say it has GPS capability. Also Sony's FAQ page on the Vita doesn't mention GPS as one of the benefits of having the 3G version, which you'd think they would hype if it was a 3G only feature. Now that's not say some location/mapping apps might benefit from 3G access and/or have higher accuracy because of it, but it may be that all versions of the Vita have basic GPS capabilities. Hopefully we'll get an official answer prior to launch.

Amazon is starting to ship out games and accessories. My copy of Uncharted and my charging dock are both being prepared. Several other things are already listed as being in stock. I am actually very worried about this. If they ship this stuff out now, and then start offering some deals at the real launch of the system, they will likely try to deny anyone who received anything early those same deals, even though you ARE a launch customer.

I'm looking forward to this device and several of the launch games, but this staggered launch is really atrocious.

Such a weird thing to complain about.
Shouldn't have pre-ordered if you were hoping to snag deals, Amazon or otherwise.
That makes no sense, none of this stuff is going to sell out.

[quote name='dallow']Such a weird thing to complain about.
Shouldn't have pre-ordered if you were hoping to snag deals, Amazon or otherwise.
That makes no sense, none of this stuff is going to sell out.[/QUOTE]

Not weird at all. Last year Amazon matched the launch deals from other stores for the 3DS and applied them to all launch customers, but all of that happened on an actual launch day. With this situation, and all of these staggered releases, it could be a big mess. I think I'm just going to keep my stuff sealed until the actual launch day when my system arrives.

And actually, it is reasonable to hope for good deals at launch. Credits, gift cards, and other promotions are ridiculously common as pre-order incentives and frequently get added just before launch to match other retailers. The 3DS launch deals were added just a few days before launch and they were awesome.

[quote name='trent82']Not weird at all. Last year Amazon matched the launch deals from other stores for the 3DS and applied them to all launch customers, but all of that happened on an actual launch day. With this situation, and all of these staggered releases, it could be a big mess. I think I'm just going to keep my stuff sealed until the actual launch day when my system arrives.

And actually, it is reasonable to hope for good deals at launch. Credits, gift cards, and other promotions are ridiculously common as pre-order incentives and frequently get added just before launch to match other retailers. The 3DS launch deals were added just a few days before launch and they were awesome.[/QUOTE]

my memory card still say not yet shipped

[quote name='trent82']Not weird at all. Last year Amazon matched the launch deals from other stores for the 3DS and applied them to all launch customers, but all of that happened on an actual launch day. With this situation, and all of these staggered releases, it could be a big mess. I think I'm just going to keep my stuff sealed until the actual launch day when my system arrives.

And actually, it is reasonable to hope for good deals at launch. Credits, gift cards, and other promotions are ridiculously common as pre-order incentives and frequently get added just before launch to match other retailers. The 3DS launch deals were added just a few days before launch and they were awesome.[/QUOTE]I'm not saying it isn't reasonable to expect deals at launch, I'm saying that if you wanted deals, why did you pre-order at full MSRP.

If I actually wanted a savings, I'd wait to see what happened on launch day.

I also had a 3DS pre-ordered because I was willing to pay $250. Otherwise I never would have. The credit they ended up offering was a surprise bonus.

[quote name='Bronson-Lee']They had SSX and UFC for 30 as well. Technically a price mistake, but they honored all of them and didn't seem too surprised when people told them.[/QUOTE]

Who's they? What is HSG, how are people getting these prices ?

And actually, it is reasonable to hope for good deals at launch. Credits, gift cards, and other promotions are ridiculously common as pre-order incentives and frequently get added just before launch to match other retailers. The 3DS launch deals were added just a few days before launch and they were awesome.[/QUOTE]

What was the point in pre-ordering accessories and games that aren't discounted? I only pre-ordered the system. Didn't make sense to pre-order the games too.

IIRC some people had their 3DS games shipped before their system, and the games were in stores before the system too. So this isn't new to the Vita.

[quote name='dallow']I'm not saying it isn't reasonable to expect deals at launch, I'm saying that if you wanted deals, why did you pre-order at full MSRP.

If I actually wanted a savings, I'd wait to see what happened on launch day.

I also had a 3DS pre-ordered because I was willing to pay $250. Otherwise I never would have. The credit they ended up offering was a surprise bonus.[/QUOTE]

My point was never that I simply expect a deal or else I will be upset. My point (I thought I was fairly clear about this) is if a deal gets added in time for launch, then they might not retroactively apply it to anyone who received any of their games/accessories early even though all of those people are launch customers and that would be a launch deal. It's really a weird situation caused by the first edition bundle.

It is a bit strange and I agree that it could cause some issues like you describe.
However their CS is the best in the business and I can see them making good for this situation should it occur.

Either way, it's the risk we take.

Just one more thing. I originally posted that several things were listed as being in stock, but they have all been changed to a release date of Feb 13 on the product pages, so maybe it was all just a brief mistake. Both my dock and Uncharted still say shipping soon.

[quote name='therealdanhill']what happened to the lockerz thread with the vita deal?[/QUOTE]It got deleted like every "Lockerz deal thread" for some unknown reason. Speculators have said that because CAG doesn't get any referral credit from their site. Others have said because they don't think they are deals.

[quote name='robodaddyo']It got deleted like every "Lockerz deal thread" for some unknown reason. Speculators have said that because CAG doesn't get any referral credit from their site. Others have said because they don't think they are deals.[/QUOTE]

Lockerz is a deal. This thread is a "deal" on MSRP.

bread's done
Back