Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bronson-Lee']How are they referrals? No user gets a bonus from sending people there. I can see that argument, but why nuke the Deal Discussion thread?[/QUOTE]

I am not a member, so I don't know exactly how it works, but I am guessing the site itself gives you discounts based on their own referrals to other websites/ products.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']What in this thread is a referral?[/QUOTE]Lockerz is a referral site, and all discussions involving those sites belong in the forum listed above.

[quote name='caltab']I am not a member, so I don't know exactly how it works, but I am guessing the site itself gives you discount based on referrals to other website.[/QUOTE]

I'd guess this? I signed up the other night and it seemed fishy, so i didnt order anything.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']What in this thread is a referral?[/QUOTE]He might have deleted the post that he is referencing. Rather than make it less confusing and editing the post in question, the mods here feel that it's better to just delete the post and add the possibility of confusion and more questions.

I still have trouble with the idea that even referencing a $240 Vita deal gets deleted with no explanations. Fine, it's a referral deal but if the mods wanted to let everyone know what the rules are they should have deleted the contents on the post and inserted no referrals.

That way we knew the rules. For posts and threads to disappear with no explanation over a 2-3 day period seems suspect. :booty:

[quote name='shrike4242']Lockerz is a referral site, and all discussions involving those sites belong in the forum listed above.[/QUOTE]

Would you care to explain how it is a referral site?

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Would you care to explain how it is a referral site?[/QUOTE]
See there's my problem as CAG for all intent purposes is a referral site. We click on an Amazon link and Cheapy's cash register goes off. I guees they weren't getting any referrals to CAG. :lol: :applause:

I think the mods here still believe lockerz is the same it was a few years back where referrals were a big part of their site and using your points was only good for redeeming stuff for free.

Nowadays you shop on their site(they dont send you anywhere) and use your points earned from watching videos, not referrals, to get a discount.

You can typically get brand new pre-orders for $42 free shipping with only having to watch a few videos in the background.

I still think something else is going on as not only do deal sites ban lockerz, but even gamefaqs wont let you post the word lockerz on their site

[quote name='jacknicklson']I think the mods here still believe lockerz is the same it was a few years back where referrals were a big part of their site and using your points was only good for redeeming stuff for free.

Nowadays you shop on their site(they dont send you anywhere) and use your points earned from watching videos, not referrals, to get a discount.

You can typically get brand new pre-orders for $42 free shipping with only having to watch a few videos in the background.

I still think something else is going on as not only do deal sites ban lockerz, but even gamefaqs wont let you post the word lockerz on their site[/QUOTE]

Stolen goods?

[quote name='Rodster']I still have trouble with the idea that even referencing a $240 Vita deal gets deleted with no explanations. Fine, it's a referral deal but if the mods wanted to let everyone know what the rules are they should have deleted the contents on the post and inserted no referrals.

That way we knew the rules. For posts and threads to disappear with no explanation over a 2-3 day period seems suspect. :booty:[/QUOTE]Yeah, that would be easy and would cause less confusion but then that's not what mods like to do here. I've commented about this, before, but it gets deleted. I've never understood how not explaining things would be better. :lol:

It'd be really easy, too.

[quote name='dubleo']Stolen goods?[/QUOTE]

Lockerz has something to the tune of 42 million in capital, has been around for a few years, and was started by a former Amazon exec.

Bit more legit than most retailers.

I have issues with this situation too, but this is not the thread to do it in. We need to discuss it, but not threadcrap on a huge thread like this to do it.

[quote name='jacknicklson']
[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen the videos, but if they are ads for products, those are essentially referrals.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='caltab']I haven't seen the videos, but if they are ads for products, those are essentially referrals.[/QUOTE]

The videos include popular music videos and mini-episodes of TV Shows. No real advertising.

[quote name='Link2999']The videos include popular music videos and mini-episodes of TV Shows. No real advertising.[/QUOTE]
^^^ This

And as others have said you don't win stuff anymore you buy stuff at a discount by earning points from watching videos. And some of them were actually pretty good. :)

Lockerz is different now. You can get the points by watching the video clips ( not advertising tho) and the maximum discount is 25% off I believe ( sometime they did wrong pricing and u get even more discount) For example, I got my uncharted copy for $27 shipped and they honored it. In brief, shopping @ Lockerz is a good experience to me. if u guys think that I am working for Lockerz feel free to del my post.

I love how everyone who clearly hasn't been to lockerz, is calling it a referral site. And anyone saying that it's not, is just wrong in the eyes of those people. We even have mods saying it's a referral site! What is the world coming to?!

i signed up using a junk email address out of curiousity, to say the videos arent ads is not accurate, they have commercials in them before the video plays. Not to mention, a music video is an ad in its own right. They also have points for signing up for 3rd party offers. The site is clearly legit though.

[quote name='Bioterror']it's like youtube, if you have an ad block there isn't any ads besides the video.[/QUOTE]

^^^ This !

And several people here have used them and love them so really no worries for me other than my order getting cancelled.

Well, luckily I caught word of the unspeakable website before big brother went to town on this thread and my research proves the site legit enough for me to order. Actually got a few things, and I only had to pony up my email once for the initial sign-up. The site doesn't even make you get points to buy something, you can just buy something straight-up, at not so great prices, but no different from say Bestbuy prices. And then you get points from that purchase to use on future purchases... also not so different from Bestbuy. Hell even bestbuy rewardzone gives you points for signing up for netflix gamefly and etc.

Yeah, but sites can make money off of best buy by us linking through them. I bet Lockerz doesnt allow it which is why the mods keep removing topics/posts about it

Great deals though and if I didnt have so much credit out there I would buy all my Vita launch stuff from them.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Yeah, but sites can make money off of best buy by us linking through them. I bet Lockerz doesnt allow it which is why the mods keep removing topics/posts about it

Great deals though and if I didnt have so much credit out there I would buy all my Vita launch stuff from them.[/QUOTE]
Exactly which is why I said this is a referral site. You click on a link posted here and a site like Amazon or Newegg knows it came from CAG so Cheapy's cash register rings.

I see big brother is back. That's cool the next time I see a link i'll just go to their site instead. No sense in supporting referral sites.

[quote name='Link2999']The videos include popular music videos and mini-episodes of TV Shows. No real advertising.[/QUOTE]

The one thing you guys don't mention is the diminishing returns of getting more points, I started with 500, UC Vita 37.95 I more than doubled my points to 1230 UC vita 35.49 what a joke are they using new math?

[quote name='gamerguy73']Sorry but can anyone give some insight into Lockerz shipping speed and completion of orders/ Thanks.[/QUOTE]

There was tons of insight given but the mods deleted them all and they keep deleting. :roll:

Yeah I dont get the whole lockerz issue, this thread is about the Vita 3G/wifi bundle and the deals for it.

The price at lockerz is simply a deal being posted and at 240$ its probably the best price

my 2 cents

[quote name='Madrocsz']Yeah I dont get the whole lockerz issue, this thread is about the Vita 3G/wifi bundle and the deals for it.

The price at lockerz is simply a deal being posted and at 240$ its probably the best price

my 2 cents[/QUOTE]

Well, its $246 now.

Which is stopping me from purchasing...i know its only 6 bucks more.

but $239 looks much better.

I have an excuse to not purchase now.

[quote name='ral1121']Well, its $246 now.

Which is stopping me from purchasing...i know its only 6 bucks more.

but $239 looks much better.

I have an excuse to not purchase now.[/QUOTE]

Do you have enough points to redeem? (2040 PTZ should do it) :bouncy:

[quote name='Rodster']Do you have enough points to redeem? (2040 PTZ should do it) :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have 2900 but it seems they lowered the amount of points you can purchase the Vita at.

If they lower the price back to $239, im in.

I was going to get it from Lockerz, but the california tax killed it for me. I just told them to cancel my order. I'm just going to get the WiFi one from Amazon

[quote name='karishbhr']I was going to get it from Lockerz, but the california tax killed it for me. I just told them to cancel my order. I'm just going to get the WiFi one from Amazon[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Im thinking of just holding out for the obvious 50 dollar gift cards Amazon might be offering for a Wi-Fi only model. I have no use of the 3G plus no games really interest me at the moment.

The deal is really good but I'll just use the gift card to purchase a 8gb memory card and a game, essentially make it almost the same deal at $250.

Im just waiting for some good games that interest me to come.

[quote name='karishbhr']I was going to get it from Lockerz, but the california tax killed it for me. I just told them to cancel my order. I'm just going to get the WiFi one from Amazon[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that just make it $10 more than the wifi model?

[quote name='h4mx0r']Doesn't that just make it $10 more than the wifi model?[/QUOTE]

That's what i was thinking, plus the wifi model doesn't come with a 8GB memory card like the 3g bundle does.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']That's what i was thinking, plus the wifi model doesn't come with a 8GB memory card like the 3g bundle does.[/QUOTE]

Yeah cause the way I was looking at it: I don't need the 3G either, but at $10 more for a $30 memory card and a $10 psn game down the line? Oh and I suppose having the 3G model "just in case" is just icing on the top.

I don't know, it just seems pretty worth it to me.

It's almost as if I was going to buy the 3G bundle on amazon except with them throwing in Uncharted

(Since I'm getting the Vita at 260.99 after tax, and then Uncharted for about $38, so that's how I'm seeing it anyways. Only downside is I'll probably wait an additional week for shipping after everyone else is playing it)

To clarify, it's that extra week of waiting that really forced my hand. $30 is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things and part of the excitement is getting it on release day! Not to mention that Lockerz uses USPS and USPS never drops packages off at my apartment, which means I'd have to pick it up at the station, which means I'd possibly have to wait that much longer...

[quote name='karishbhr']To clarify, it's that extra week of waiting that really forced my hand. $30 is not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things and part of the excitement is getting it on release day! Not to mention that Lockerz uses USPS and USPS never drops packages off at my apartment, which means I'd have to pick it up at the station, which means I'd possibly have to wait that much longer...[/QUOTE]

Yea, $30 to have it on release day and for amazon's support and return policy is worth it to me. However, for people that can wait, the lockerz deal is really good. Even better if you live in a state that doesn't get taxed by lockerz.

[quote name='Gxray']Yea, $30 to have it on release day and for amazon's support and return policy is worth it to me. However, for people that can wait, the lockerz deal is really good. Even better if you live in a state that doesn't get taxed by lockerz.[/QUOTE]

What's the return policy like with Lockerz?

[quote name='Gxray']Yea, $30 to have it on release day and for amazon's support and return policy is worth it to me. However, for people that can wait, the lockerz deal is really good. Even better if you live in a state that doesn't get taxed by lockerz.[/QUOTE]

Getting my main unit at Amazon, had a $150 gc and extras at Lockerz UC GA for $35 and 16 gig card for $45 not too bad. The stuff from Lockerz should ship on Monday. Then I have to wait on the Vita but its cool.

bread's done
Back