Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bmachine']That case is awesome! Do you know if it's available from any US retailers?[/QUOTE]
no it sucks, only available at uk places right now.

I'm getting Wipeout and the travel pouch from Amazon on Monday. Then I gotta wait til who knows how long till I get my Vita from Lockerz, that's gonna suck.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']no it sucks, only available at uk places right now.[/QUOTE]

$33 shipped to the US. I want it but it would be a bit irresponsible considering my FEB comes with the case.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Those plastic cases that stay on the system suck and the trapped dirt will scratch your vita
Go with the pdp case[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Hori casse are nice also.

I think I may change my order and go with the Hori silicone shell and Hori hard case. I don't think you can use your system while in the PDP PS Vita case.

I just wanted to update anyone who ordered the Vita itself from Amazon, you can get release day shipping for .99c, I don't know why I went free ship, but was thinking about paying for upgraded shipping, so I tried standard for an extra $4.98 still only got to me one day sooner than free. So I figured I would see about getting it release day, because I really want my Vita. So I plugged everying in a on new order just to see about shipping before I bothered to change mine. And wham for 99c I get it to my doorstep on the 22nd!!!! I never knew they had special deals On release day shipping, I always thought it would be like $10 or something. Did anyone else know they had .99c release day shipping? So anyway I changed my Vita order to release day shipping for .99c and now it arrives on the 22nd instead of between the 29th and March 3rd wow!

[quote name='tightclaws']I just wanted to update anyone who ordered the Vita itself from Amazon, you can get release day shipping for .99c, I don't know why I went free ship, but was thinking about paying for upgraded shipping, so I tried standard for an extra $4.98 still only got to me one day sooner than free. So I figured I would see about getting it release day, because I really want my Vita. So I plugged everying in a on new order just to see about shipping before I bothered to change mine. And wham for 99c I get it to my doorstep on the 22nd!!!! I never knew they had special deals On release day shipping, I always thought it would be like $10 or something. Did anyone else know they had .99c release day shipping? So anyway I changed my Vita order to release day shipping for .99c and now it arrives on the 22nd instead of between the 29th and March 3rd wow![/QUOTE]
They've been doing it for some time now.....it's free if you are a Prime member instead of $0.99.

[quote name='ryne candy']They've been doing it for some time now.....it's free if you are a Prime member instead of $0.99.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I don't buy enough from Amazon to get prime, but damn this was great! I really wanted my Vita as soon as possible, I can't wait. Got UC GA and a 16 gig mem card from Lockerz on the way probably buy a few more games after see reviews and some deals on them.

[quote name='tightclaws']I just wanted to update anyone who ordered the Vita itself from Amazon, you can get release day shipping for .99c, I don't know why I went free ship, but was thinking about paying for upgraded shipping, so I tried standard for an extra $4.98 still only got to me one day sooner than free. So I figured I would see about getting it release day, because I really want my Vita. So I plugged everying in a on new order just to see about shipping before I bothered to change mine. And wham for 99c I get it to my doorstep on the 22nd!!!! I never knew they had special deals On release day shipping, I always thought it would be like $10 or something. Did anyone else know they had .99c release day shipping? So anyway I changed my Vita order to release day shipping for .99c and now it arrives on the 22nd instead of between the 29th and March 3rd wow![/QUOTE]

Mines paid for from tax free credit at gamestop and the store I go to is having a midnight opening.

[quote name='ryne candy']I just got all the Hori stuff...silicone cover, hard case, and protector.[/QUOTE]

Me too! Digital high five.

I supposedly won the Vita from Taco Bell on the 9th but haven't received the confirmation e-mail yet so i caved and went ahead and ordered the FEB from Amazon just in case. Also picked up Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, and Uncharted. Snagged the Hori Screen Protector and Silicone Case too. Kind of lame that the Hori Screen Protector doesnt come with a protector for the back as well??? What's up with that?

When i look at the FEB bundle product page it offers release date shipping but when i actually log in with my account that disappears. I ended up selecting 1 day shipping and paid $4 per item to get them faster. Ugh. With 1 day shipping it states i'll get it on the 17th, but with the free 2 day shipping it states i'd get it on the 23rd. Wtf? So i went with 1 day...

I called Amazon customer service and she told me there was nothing she could do to offer me release date shipping and that i'd just have to pay for it if i wanted the items sooner. Grrr.

If i get the Taco Bell Vita on March 11th or whenever they decide to ship them out i guess i'll just end up selling it to help make up the cost of the FEB.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm getting Wipeout and the travel pouch from Amazon on Monday. Then I gotta wait til who knows how long till I get my Vita from Lockerz, that's gonna suck.[/QUOTE]

Yea but we cant say we didnt get a good deal at least : )

For games I'm getting:

Lumines
Uncharted: GA
Wipeout
Motorstorm RC
Little Deviants (via FEB)

I'm on the fence about Hot Shots. I've never really put much time into them, but I always want to because they're a fun game to just relax to.

I might pick up Super Star Dust and maybe a few other cheap PSN games. That's my list unless I start hearing some reviews of the other games. Army Corps looked cool, but I thought it didn't review well so I'll probably pass.

Getting Hot Shots, BlazBlue, and UMvC3 for sure. (And Little Deviants since its the FEB)

On the fence about Wipeout or Lumines.

Also planning to buy some of the PSP games that are on sale on Gamestops site, namely Phantom Brave and Prinny 1 and 2

[quote name='dgwillia006']Getting Hot Shots, BlazBlue, and UMvC3 for sure. (And Little Deviants since its the FEB)

On the fence about Wipeout or Lumines.

Also planning to buy some of the PSP games that are on sale on Gamestops site, namely Phantom Brave and Prinny 1 and 2[/QUOTE]

Wait on Lumines. Ubisoft games drop in price very quickly. I want Lumines but I'm going to wait.

I'm just getting Wipeout at launch. I have a ton of PSP games I still need to play through, so that'll help me wait until price drops/sales.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Wait on Lumines. Ubisoft games drop in price very quickly. I want Lumines but I'm going to wait.

I'm just getting Wipeout at launch. I have a ton of PSP games I still need to play through, so that'll help me wait until price drops/sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm down with Lumines too, but I'm not paying $39.99 for a very basic puzzle game like this that should be a $9.99 PSN title.

[quote name='splattered']I supposedly won the Vita from Taco Bell on the 9th but haven't received the confirmation e-mail yet so i caved and went ahead and ordered the FEB from Amazon just in case. Also picked up Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf, and Uncharted. Snagged the Hori Screen Protector and Silicone Case too. Kind of lame that the Hori Screen Protector doesnt come with a protector for the back as well??? What's up with that?

When i look at the FEB bundle product page it offers release date shipping but when i actually log in with my account that disappears. I ended up selecting 1 day shipping and paid $4 per item to get them faster. Ugh. With 1 day shipping it states i'll get it on the 17th, but with the free 2 day shipping it states i'd get it on the 23rd. Wtf? So i went with 1 day...

I called Amazon customer service and she told me there was nothing she could do to offer me release date shipping and that i'd just have to pay for it if i wanted the items sooner. Grrr.

If i get the Taco Bell Vita on March 11th or whenever they decide to ship them out i guess i'll just end up selling it to help make up the cost of the FEB.[/QUOTE]
Here read this , it might help yourtaco bell situation

http://kotaku.com/5884142/this-taco-bell-playstation-vita-contest-seems-a-little-weird

[quote name='splattered']I called Amazon customer service and she told me there was nothing she could do to offer me release date shipping and that i'd just have to pay for it if i wanted the items sooner. Grrr.[/QUOTE]

What? Why can't you choose release date shipping on the FEB? I placed an order for it on Friday with release date shipping. I'd call back since there shouldn't be any valid reason to not get release day shipping.

[quote name='vince726']Did anyone order the Vita Starter kit from Amazon...Does it look like a good deal...Thanks..[/QUOTE]

Its a good deal if you need all that's included.

[quote name='vince726']Did anyone order the Vita Starter kit from Amazon...Does it look like a good deal...Thanks..[/QUOTE]

If you're getting the 3g Vita that comes with the 8gb card then you can just sell the 4gb card that comes with the started kit for $10-15 or so probably.

Also the case that comes with the starter kit you can't buy separately, and it reminded me of my old one I got with the original PSP, which made me really want it.

Everything else is nice to have, especially the screen protector. As the above poster said, if you need everything, or almost everything, then it's worth it. The memory card will probably be easy to resell if you don't need that.

[quote name='giantqtipz']im thinking of getting the face cover too... but idk if its any good compared ot the silicon?[/QUOTE]

I sort of agree, I remember that batman looking PSP cover way back (a stealth cover I think). It was very cool looking cover, but it was damn too heavy for longer gaming sessions, I ended up not using it. Oh, the cover flip flops too if you tend to shake while gaming (frustrations and such), which is a big turn off (the Vita needs to do that, a lot too).

I might hold off the Hori face cover for now, it's not practical... But yeah, it's super cool though.

Lumines is my launch game. I adore the Lumines series, so I need it right away. The original Lumines for PSP still remains one of my favorites for the system.

I'll also get Uncharted once my Amazon credit from trade-ins processes.

[quote name='Serpentor']I sort of agree, I remember that batman looking PSP cover way back (a stealth cover I think). It was very cool looking cover, but it was damn too heavy for longer gaming sessions, I ended up not using it. Oh, the cover flip flops too if you tend to shake while gaming (frustrations and such), which is a big turn off (the Vita needs to do that, a lot too).

I might hold off the Hori face cover for now, it's not practical... But yeah, it's super cool though.[/QUOTE]

i like the face cover because it protects the 4 rings on the cornerns. the silicone doesn't :/

[quote name='Gxray']Also the case that comes with the starter kit you can't buy separately, and it reminded me of my old one I got with the original PSP, which made me really want it.[/QUOTE]

The case that comes with the starter kit is available seperatly. It's the FEB case that isn't available outside of the bundle.

[quote name='majorscud']I'm down with Lumines too, but I'm not paying $39.99 for a very basic puzzle game like this that should be a $9.99 PSN title.[/QUOTE]

Have you played Lumines before? It's far from a basic puzzle game andis worth the full price of admission. If you don't want to get it until its $10, that's cool, but don't knock the content. Lumines and Lumines II are probably my most played PSP games because of how addicting they are. Outside of the main game there is a lot of content that adds to the value. Calling this a basic puzzle game is highly incorrect.

[quote name='darkjedi187']how is everyone getting the Hori stuff, is it from Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I went with Amazon.

Everyone is assuming that the 8GB and 4GB cards will pull a decent value on ebay but I say I doubt it considering how they will flood ebay in the coming days and drop the value. I for one ordered the 32GB card and will be selling my 8GB and if I can get half of its original $30 price tag I'll be happy.

I know it's entirely off topic, but I just learned that Best Buy sells digital PSN an PS+ codes! For those that are going all digital and are still wary of Sony's security, $20 and $50 cards are available (nearly) instantly.

EDIT: 24 minutes from order to delivery.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gxray']If you're getting the 3g Vita that comes with the 8gb card then you can just sell the 4gb card that comes with the started kit for $10-15 or so probably.

Also the case that comes with the starter kit you can't buy separately, and it reminded me of my old one I got with the original PSP, which made me really want it.

Everything else is nice to have, especially the screen protector. As the above poster said, if you need everything, or almost everything, then it's worth it. The memory card will probably be easy to resell if you don't need that.[/QUOTE]

You can buy it separately if you import it and it's not good as the PSP one. the PSP one actually holds the fat in and has thickness (cushion) but the Vita one is very thin and slips out fo the case if you're not careful (If you try the Fat one on the similar case, it actually holds it). also, the earpiece sucks, it's pretty much the same thing as the one that came with the PSP fat back in the days. then again, i'm a semi-audiophile so...

[quote name='fifthcore']playasia or yesasia dot com[/QUOTE]

I personally use HMV...usually the cheapest. NCSX is way too expensive now a days.

[quote name='fifthcore']playasia or yesasia dot com[/QUOTE]

I personally use HMV...usually the cheapest. NCSX is way too expensive now a days.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']this guy doesn't sound like a apple fanboy at all :booty:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've seen a bunch of other sites praise it. Plus almost all those things can be fixed an software update.

Since few of you actually have the unit (and may have only play-tested it for a few minutes at Game Stop), not sure why everyone is piling on the ZOMG ITS AWESOME train.

And before everyone cries at me, I not only have Vita coming to me, but 4 games as well.

I personally had my Vita since December and I like it. Yes it's big, but I like the bigness. The downfall is that you can't carry it your pocket, but these days, who carries stuff in their pocket? At least around here in L.A. most people have a shoulder bag sincemost people either has a laptop or a netbook / tablet.

Yes, some of the features are stupid (3g...only if the pricing strucutre was better) but the UI actually works well with the Vita...

[quote name='tightclaws']From where? who broke street date?[/QUOTE]
Also it's Sunday in the US, so are you from somewhere else? Did you win one or import Japanese one?

bread's done
Back