Banned
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0071NH8B8/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_lyfzzt

Includes:

PS Vita w/ Wifi + 3G
8GB Memory Card
Dataconnect session pass
1 Playstation Network game

Hello,

We'd like to provide an update for customers who have pre-ordered the "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" handheld console. All customers who pre-order this item before its February 22, 2012 release date will be automatically upgraded to the "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" at no additional charge. The "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" will include an 8GB Memory Card, AT&T DataConnect Session Pass, and Free PlayStation Network Game. More details can be found in this item's product description section here: PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle

This upgrade will be extended to all existing "PlayStation Vita 3G/WiFi" pre-orders. Please note that due to limited quantities, we can't guarantee the availability of "PlayStation Vita 3G/Wi-Fi Launch Bundle" after the pre-order window has ended.

We appreciate your business and hope you enjoy your new handheld console.

- Amazon Video Game Editors

Last edited by a moderator:
A third party seller with a good feedback record just put a bunch of vita units and accessories up for sale at pretty deep discounts ($199 wifi, $249 3G, etc).

Probably too good to be true (they also put iPads up at a discount....), but is there any risk to the buyer?

[quote name='gkrykewy']A third party seller with a good feedback record just put a bunch of vita units and accessories up for sale at pretty deep discounts ($199 wifi, $249 3G, etc).

Probably too good to be true (they also put iPads up at a discount....), but is there any risk to the buyer?[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know. Bought a Wi-Fi.

[quote name='gkrykewy']A third party seller with a good feedback record just put a bunch of vita units and accessories up for sale at pretty deep discounts ($199 wifi, $249 3G, etc).

Probably too good to be true (they also put iPads up at a discount....), but is there any risk to the buyer?[/QUOTE]

I saw the same seller and I was tempted on picking one up. Still unsure at the moment.

[quote name='Nohbdy']I'll let you know. Bought a Wi-Fi.[/QUOTE]

Likewise. This is about the price I was looking for on AWD, so hopefully this works out and it's brand new.

If you guys are talkling about the seller "The Boss" it looks very fishy. They went from selling a bunch of cheap makeup stuff to Ipad and Vita and huge discount. Looks like a hacked account to me. I know amazon got you cover but this is more trouble then it is worth

his price on the feb is the best deal if you want a 3g and are willing to buy from him. For 10 bucks more you can get the case and game(which trades in for 16 bucks). The case is probably the best one available and worth 20 imo. I wouldn't buy from him myself though, seems too good to be true.

People should know better . . . for a brand new release console, these prices are too good to be true. And if its too good to be true, its probably a scam. Stay far away!

EDIT: Seller has disappeared from 3rd party seller list? I don't see anyone offering those prices . . . looks like Amazon removed the seller. Hope whoever ordered gets refunded soon!

[quote name='chimpmeister']People should know better . . . for a brand new release console, these prices are too good to be true. And if its too good to be true, its probably a scam. Stay far away!

EDIT: Seller has disappeared from 3rd party seller list? I don't see anyone offering those prices . . . looks like Amazon removed the seller. Hope whoever ordered gets refunded soon![/QUOTE]

My order is still coming as "Shipping Soon".

Amazon and everyone else need to stop protecting some people for their stupid mistake...

If they buy something that is on deep discount that is almost untrue, they know exactly what they are getting into.. Maybe if more people lose their money, they will learn their lesson and stop trying to buy items at prices that are just ridiculous.

The worst part is some of these people actually want other people to do the stealing and sell it to them cheap..

Please Amazon stop protecting these buyers they deserve nothing but to be stolen from themselves

[quote name='HaloSucks']
If they buy something that is on deep discount that is almost untrue, they know exactly what they are getting into.[/QUOTE]

You're making assumptions.

[quote name='HaloSucks']Amazon and everyone else need to stop protecting some people for their stupid mistake...

If they buy something that is on deep discount that is almost untrue, they know exactly what they are getting into.. Maybe if more people lose their money, they will learn their lesson and stop trying to buy items at prices that are just ridiculous.

The worst part is some of these people actually want other people to do the stealing and sell it to them cheap..

Please Amazon stop protecting these buyers they deserve nothing but to be stolen from themselves[/QUOTE]

Where do you draw the line? .... it is in amazon's interest to protect its buyers.... so they return

[quote name='bug_nuts']Where do you draw the line? .... it is in amazon's interest to protect its buyers.... so they return[/QUOTE]

Well the old saying is... if its too good to be true its probably is not

Nobody should have any interest in protecting scammers or people looking to buy questionably priced products.. If someone can sell something at a ridiculous price, not to mention also factor in Amazon ridiculously high commission, and that don't raise red flag in some people's head.. They deserve to be ripped off

[quote name='HaloSucks']Well the old saying is... if its too good to be true its probably is not

Nobody should have any interest in protecting scammers or people looking to buy questionably priced products.. If someone can sell something at a ridiculous price, not to mention also factor in Amazon ridiculously high commission, and that don't raise red flag in some people's head.. They deserve to be ripped off[/QUOTE]

Amazon is a very cheap place to sell and their name is a pretty important thing for them to protect. Nobody deserves to be ripped off.

[quote name='Mugatu']Amazon is a very cheap place to sell and their name is a pretty important thing for them to protect. Nobody deserves to be ripped off.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you have never sold anything on Amazon marketplace.
The fee is pretty high.

While it is true that "nobody deserves to be ripped off"
Some people are begging for it.
They bypass common sense/advice of the community and buy stuff that are clearly too good to be true (stolen merchandise/fake listings/etc).

[quote name='Nohbdy']Anyone got a shipping confirmation yet from Boss whateverthey'recalled?[/QUOTE]

Whoever was able to place an order report back if you get your Vita because looks like Amazon took down The Boss Store Front.

[quote name='Marauder7']Whoever was able to place an order report back if you get your Vita because looks like Amazon took down The Boss Store Front.[/QUOTE]

I reported "The Boss" aka "Boss Distribution" to Amazon, by phone, and warned them that this seller was attempting a HUGE scam of customers and Amazon itself. By my calculation they had upwards of $1 million worth of inventory, when you add it all up, all of which would have been scammed from potential buyers, and ultimately Amazon itself. I noticed that the seller storefront was taken down very shortly after that.

I just hope the losses weren't too bad, and that maybe the scammer did not get as much out of this as planned. For anyone here who ordered, plan on waiting a month or two for your money to be refunded.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I reported "The Boss" aka "Boss Distribution" to Amazon, by phone, and warned them that this seller was attempting a HUGE scam of customers and Amazon itself. By my calculation they had upwards of $1 million worth of inventory, when you add it all up, all of which would have been scammed from potential buyers, and ultimately Amazon itself. I noticed that the seller storefront was taken down very shortly after that.

I just hope the losses weren't too bad, and that maybe the scammer did not get as much out of this as planned. For anyone here who ordered, plan on waiting a month or two for your money to be refunded.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking out for people. Admins closed out the thread that we all were speculating that this whole thing is a scam. Did notice two people who posted orders that have shipped so was just wondering if they get the items or a empty box. :)

Not yet. I ordered with expedited shipping so the earliest it could arrive is today, latest by the 8th according to the order details. Not holding my breath to arrive this week as it was shipped from Virginia and I live in California.

Looking forward to your result. Getting Vita + 32gb + Uncharted for $340 is my ideal price range.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Not yet. I ordered with expedited shipping so the earliest it could arrive is today, latest by the 8th according to the order details. Not holding my breath to arrive this week as it was shipped from Virginia and I live in California.[/QUOTE]

300 bucks just seems way too expensive for me
random.gif

Wondered the same.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Why are all the posts about Boss Distribution gone? PM some goddamn reasons, mods.[/QUOTE]

I got mine last week, after my Brother gave me $100 gc @ GS. I traded in my PSP3K for $55, DSLite for $55, and several games that got the +$10 (total tiv = $165). Added the 2 year, which I don't often do, but new tech...
Out of pocket, I got a new PS Vita for

[quote name='Nohbdy']Anyone take a look at Boss Distribution's feedback page? Boss claims they've been hacked: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/detail...BA=&asin=&seller=A2FAZ0S6YAQ4RW#aag_legalInfo

Still haven't gotten my Vita yet though there's only two days left for it to be here according to the delivery estimate.[/QUOTE]

It was definitely some kind of scam, I reported it to Amazon several times including when the storefront came back up the last time, after it was first taken down. Either the seller was hacked (possible) or the seller planned a big ripoff, building a solid reputation for over a year and then pricing hot "products" well under regular retail (like the WiFi Vita for only $200, or Ipad2 for $400). You just don't see products like that for those prices, without it being either a scam or involving stolen stuff.

If I were you I'd contact Amazon ASAP to see what is going on, preferably by phone to get a direct response. You need a refund for sure.

[quote name='chimpmeister']
If I were you I'd contact Amazon ASAP to see what is going on, preferably by phone to get a direct response. You need a refund for sure.[/QUOTE]

Amazon just saved me that step. I got a refund with a note saying the seller got hacked.

bread's done
Back