PlayStation Vita First Edition Bundle for $349.99 w/ FS + $35 credit at Buy.com

djchangchild

CAG Veteran
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AwRy108']I used Amazon credit to pay for my entire Vita and 88% of my 32GB Memory Stick; otherwise, I'd be all over this.[/QUOTE]
Niiiiice, well done. I would've done the same

Why are your links blue and why do they route through SlickDeals? Personal peeve, but the blue is annoying and hard to read against a dark grey background. Just saying.

I'm not familiar with Buy's point system. Are they available right away or do they take time to process to your account? If they're right away I might jump on this.

[quote name='omyard']Why are your links blue and why do they route through SlickDeals? Personal peeve, but the blue is annoying and hard to read against a dark grey background. Just saying.

I'm not familiar with Buy's point system. Are they available right away or do they take time to process to your account? If they're right away I might jump on this.[/QUOTE]

Probably copied from SD. I believe all links get re-routed as CAG referrals regardless.

[quote name='AwRy108']I used Amazon credit to pay for my entire Vita and 88% of my 32GB Memory Stick; otherwise, I'd be all over this.[/QUOTE]

I just canceled my Amazon pre-order. Hoping they have a bundle or deal soon, otherwise I'll be waiting.

Pretty good deal, though i think im gonna wait for an in-store deal. I'm sure Best Buy or someone will have something decent on launch week.

Did you guys read the reports that some Japanese retailers were cutting the price of the system?

I mention this not to bash the system (I'm pro vita), I am only mentioning it because it seems possible that within a price match period we could see sales also.

Im gonna wait a few weeks to grab one. I have a feeling the price is gonna drop or have some really sweet deals once it launches. Its pretty sad the original psp still outsells the vita in japan. Thats really not good but i ditched my psp long ago so i need something new.

[quote name='bgame2']Did you guys read the reports that some Japanese retailers were cutting the price of the system?

I mention this not to bash the system (I'm pro vita), I am only mentioning it because it seems possible that within a price match period we could see sales also.[/QUOTE]

Thats why i prefer instore :p.

I'm not Anti-Vita, but i honestly dont think the system is gonna do too well at first, especially considering how badly it did it japan.

[quote name='bgame2']Did you guys read the reports that some Japanese retailers were cutting the price of the system?

I mention this not to bash the system (I'm pro vita), I am only mentioning it because it seems possible that within a price match period we could see sales also.[/QUOTE]
They cut the price of the 3g model to be closer to the price of the wifi model, because no one in their right minds would buy a 3G vita

Sales of the Vita in Japan have been rather poor, even with such a strong line up. I'm kinda surprised... I wonder how it'll do here.

This isn't a bad price though I wish they included Uncharted instead.

I'm glad you guys didn't jump all over me for mentioning the Japanese sales. :) I am personally thinking of getting the Vita, just for The Show. The idea of being able to play a few innings while laying in my bed at night is definitely worth it to me. Conversely I could definitely see myself finding the Vita version of Uncharted to feel "watered down" as others have said.

Also, I wonder what Vinnie wonders. That is, how will its Japanese reception translate here? We certainly have different tastes than games in Japan. Uncharted to us sounds good. Uncharted to them is (apparently) much less enticing.

One thing is certain: Anything IGN writes about the Vita will be wrong.

Pre-ordered, Thanks OP

I didn't see anything special on the opt-in page, seems like all we gotta do is just have it checked out before 12AM tonight (1/11) and we should get the points automatically after the Vita ships... right?

It's a good thing that this deal popped up, cuz for me everywhere else I have to pay tax for the First Edition.

Also just to make sure buy.com charges credit card after shipping and not on checkout right? Just so I can cancel my order in case a better deal pops up

Thanks OP, I think I am going to bite on this deal. I think they priced the vita in Japan a lot higher than they are in the states. A price drop in Japan is going to match the launch US price. I ll take the risk and grab a launch model and I will play the hell our of it to make sure I don't regret it when it does drop in price. :)

Wow, so fast with a credit. Looks like it will follow the 3DS into a quick price drop. If I remember correctly, the original PSP stayed at launch price for a long time. Back when people were still buying stuff.

Yeah same here. Not sure when buy.com started charging illinois tax but in chicago it basically eats up any "credit" the super points provide. Going to skip this and wait, but it does look like the best deal so far. I just have a feeling they will get better quickly.

[quote name='scottman']Wow, so fast with a credit. Looks like it will follow the 3DS into a quick price drop. If I remember correctly, the original PSP stayed at launch price for a long time. Back when people were still buying stuff.[/QUOTE]

Credit isnt a pricedrop and vita wont drop below $250 like the 3ds because the hardware aint cheap like 3ds.

[quote name='gokou36']Credit isnt a pricedrop and vita wont drop below $250 like the 3ds because the hardware aint cheap like 3ds.[/QUOTE]

Maybe not, but Sony cannot afford for this thing to bomb in the states. They already got smoked in the US in console sales during the holidays and their TV operations are in big trouble. A flop on the Vita would really cause problems.

So maybe we won't see a price drop, but in the event sales are poor out of the gate, they will do something (incentive wise) to entice people to buy it.

Pretty sweet deal. I may have to cancel my Amazon preorder. I have $20 is super fun bux that I need to spend by end of February (I think) from the Catherine preorder deal. I have a Wifi and a 1st edition preordered at Amazon until I decide which one I want. Don't want/care about 3G but I do like getting it early plus all the goodies included (wish it was a different game but it's fine I guess).

I heard the reason the 3Gs were being discounted in Japan was because the Wifis were all sold out and the 3Gs weren't moving.

Also, FWIW, I just read that Sony is closing the Little Deviants developer's studio. I'm guessing the game didn't come out so well? Haven't kept up on any reviews lately.

[quote name='bgame2']Maybe not, but Sony cannot afford for this thing to bomb in the states. They already got smoked in the US in console sales during the holidays and their TV operations are in big trouble. A flop on the Vita would really cause problems.

So maybe we won't see a price drop, but in the event sales are poor out of the gate, they will do something (incentive wise) to entice people to buy it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe pack in a game and 4 gig mem card which in reality would cost them almost nothing and really bolster good will. And make so you need to buy nothing beside the unit to play, where as now you have to buy mem card and a game just to use the thing.

Decided to bite. Figured I can always cancel later if I change my mind or a better deal comes along. Good use of my $20 in points. Followed the link, confirmed before purchase I was enrolled. Hope it works. The free game from Best Buy was a better deal save for the net cost including taxes so this one is the best so far.

Thought about it this morning but still too much for me.. $315 is for budget shipping.. which probably takes 1 week? Don't really care for 3g, the game, a 4gig stick, or pouch. Rather stick with Amazon for Wifi + 32 gig stick for $350.

The 10% points is sitewide though.. so I did pre-order a couple upcoming collector editions.

Also, chase freedom ultimate rewards mall thing offers a bonus 5% cash back for buy.com

[quote name='tightclaws']Maybe pack in a game and 4 gig mem card which in reality would cost them almost nothing and really bolster good will. And make so you need to buy nothing beside the unit to play, where as now you have to buy mem card and a game just to use the thing.[/QUOTE]

the proprietary memory card is what made me cancel the system for now. Dont feel like spending 300+ out of the gate for a game,memory card,and the system. ill hold off for now.

I really like this system but not enough to warrant a day one purchase.

[quote name='Jinque']Thought about it this morning but still too much for me.. $315 is for budget shipping.. which probably takes 1 week? Don't really care for 3g, the game, a 4gig stick, or pouch. Rather stick with Amazon for Wifi + 32 gig stick for $350.

The 10% points is sitewide though.. so I did pre-order a couple upcoming collector editions.

Also, chase freedom ultimate rewards mall thing offers a bonus 5% cash back for buy.com[/QUOTE]

Yep I might buy the wifi and 32gig like you. 4gig, a pouch and USELESS 3G is not worth $349. The 3G is also locked to AT&T.

[quote name='kit352']Im gonna wait a few weeks to grab one. I have a feeling the price is gonna drop or have some really sweet deals once it launches. Its pretty sad the original psp still outsells the vita in japan. Thats really not good but i ditched my psp long ago so i need something new.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='integralsmatic']the proprietary memory card is what made me cancel the system for now. Dont feel like spending 300+ out of the gate for a game,memory card,and the system. ill hold off for now.

I really like this system but not enough to warrant a day one purchase.[/QUOTE]

I too will wait. I have it preordered but will cancel. Once I added up my pre-order, Vita, Memory, one game, it was over $400. THis will be the first console/system/handheld I do not buy on launch, but not because I do not want it but because the price and the memory card pricing irritated me to the point I say :bs:. The part that certain games will need a memory card, uncharted if I recall correctly, further my irritation. I want the Vita, badly. But I will wait for the bundle that comes with [insert game title here] and memory for a lower price in a few months.

[quote name='gokou36']Credit isnt a pricedrop and vita wont drop below $250 like the 3ds because the hardware aint cheap like 3ds.[/QUOTE]

It will drop eventually. All systems drop eventually. Some, 3ds, faster than others.

It will drop eventually. All systems drop eventually. Some, 3ds, faster than others.

[quote name='MfMonster']It will drop eventually. All systems drop eventually. Some, 3ds, faster than others.[/QUOTE]

I know it will drop, but it won't drop $249->$169 within 6months like people are claiming. Maybe a $25 tops by holidays.

There is no way this is going to stay at $250 (plus more) for long. It's going to get early adopter sales that will be decent, then it will tank, just like the 3DS did. They're going to have to take a big loss on hardware and make up for it in game and peripheral sales.

[quote name='scottman']Wow, so fast with a credit. Looks like it will follow the 3DS into a quick price drop. If I remember correctly, the original PSP stayed at launch price for a long time. Back when people were still buying stuff.[/QUOTE]
The 10% credit was on all Buy.com items, not just the Vita.

Anyone tried gettting amazon to price match? I'm gonnan try later (I'm on blackberry).

Just curious if its worth a try even heh... But it takes 15 seconds.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Anyone tried gettting amazon to price match? I'm gonnan try later (I'm on blackberry).

Just curious if its worth a try even heh... But it takes 15 seconds.[/QUOTE]

Just tried, no luck.

[quote name='mauaus']Just tried, no luck.[/QUOTE]

same here -________________-

btw the stupid "The devil inside" ad scares the shit out of me.

[quote name='ebay33']Why is the 3g useless?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SynGamer']$15/mo for 250MB? Pass.[/QUOTE]

+ it's 3G. Pretty sure 4G is almost the standard at this point.
+ it's AT&T only (before the jailbreaker's fix that

[quote name='Chrono Gear']+ it's 3G. Pretty sure 4G is almost the standard at this point.
+ it's AT&T only (before the jailbreaker's fix that

[quote name='mgford11']AT&T is doing what? Explain sir![/QUOTE]

AT&T is the only carrier for the Vita. If you want a 3G Vita, you have to go to AT&T for service.

Or did you mean about the free game? Looking for the article I read about it recently now...

EDIT: Found it at IGN. Scroll to the last paragraph of the article:

"Vita players will be able to activate the 3G data plans directly from their 3G Vitas. Once the data plan is activated, players "will be eligible to choose one free download from a list of select games available on the PlayStation Store." The list of free games was not revealed."

For anyone getting the First Edition bundle and not too interested on the case...(offer fulfilled).

I'm going for the WiFi model, from Amazon, using the Chase credit card 5% cashback rewards deal thingy.
______
(+[ ]+)
PS VITA

bread's done
Back