Please Delete

Its a scam, nothing is free and I shouldn't have to tell that to a group of sane people no matter how cheap. Anyone with a free offer is selling something. Its privacy in exchange for the possibility of merchandise those are the terms. Read the forum I provided a url for below. If you do get the shaft from this "deal" they have email addresses and phone #s for the top brass at the companies behind freeslide.

http://www.mickeytheman.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1391&st=0

fvg works exactly like freeslide where you have to sign up for offers, i have compiled a list of all the free or cheap offers, i am going to try and get my roommate an xbox. the free or cheap offers have trials that you need to cancel before the trial ends or you will be charged massive amounts of cash.

You're right.. The guy was really nice about it, although I used a fake address, a fake name(*ahem* Jacque Strehp) and was calling at like 5am his time.. *phew*

By the way, in the status page, what's the difference between Registered Referrals and All Referrals? It appears that 2 of my registered referrals are not listed under All Referrals...

[quote name='doomgaze_86']By the way, in the status page, what's the difference between Registered Referrals and All Referrals? It appears that 2 of my registered referrals are not listed under All Referrals...[/quote]

Yea, it seems as though there might be either a cap in referals, or a glitch on the site--the same happened to me.

Also, FS warns agaisnt self-referal. You don't want to get your account cancelled--but that said, it probably will work...

i just bookmarked this thread. I will start to work on it the day someone actually gets something. I'm a septic but i really want this to be true. I'm ganna have to be motivated to continue with it if i start. God i hope this is for real.

If i actually start it do you know if the will ship to a PO box? I might just go to open one and than ditch it after i get the loot.

Man iv always wanted a digital video camera and an ipod.

This seems like garbage to me. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. I'm not going to get involved in this crap. I mean, think about it. I doubt that any legit company is going to be nice enough to send out free DV cameras and MP3 players.

Having tried a lot of these types of sites, I give this a 97% chance of being a scam. After comparing their business model with a lot of similiar sites, I can't imagine this working. If the 3% chance that this works occurs, I'd expect to wait at least 4-6 months before seeing anything come to your door. There will probably be numerous confirmation requirements, and if you miss one, you won't get jack.

The 2 most legit and easiest sites to work with are Freevideogames.com and FreeDVD4Me.com. Even though FVG isn't nearly as hot as it was, say 6 months ago, it is still easy as cake. Last night it took me about 10 minutes and 11 bucks, and I had enough points to pre-order Season 3 of Cheers. And that's after me doing all the "easy" offers. FreeDVD4Me.com is also very easy, and you get stuff quick.

That being said, before doing anything like this, take a minute to figure out what the fuck you are doing. Just randomly trying stuff and signing up for trials is a great way to screw yourself. If, in a month this thread turns into people complaining about all these charges on their cards, you will be made fun of, because it will be 100% your fault.

Good luck to everyone on getting stuff though. I'll just urge you to figure out a "strategy" before starting something like this. You wouldn't believe the list of stuff I've hauled in from sites like this. I just choose ones a little less shady.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INTERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

why is there never an easy way to get free stuff. i wish you could just go to a store and take anything you wanted and walk out. Oh wait, you can do that. God damn it all, its illeagel. Aww, i might just have to do it anyway.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Theft sucks, drunken_master.[/quote]

yes mother, thankyou for cheaking up on me. I fully realize the consquenses of my actions.

Anyone else having problems accessing the status page right now? Mine gives a php error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /var/www/htdocs/promotions/status.php on line 1091

Yeah I got it working.. For some reason, my AOL 9.0 and AOL Call Alert points have not come in yet... It's been like 3 days for Call Alert and 4 for AOL..

[quote name='drunken_master']why is there never an easy way to get free stuff. i wish you could just go to a store and take anything you wanted and walk out. Oh wait, you can do that. God damn it all, its illeagel. Aww, i might just have to do it anyway.[/quote]
Communism?

Ppl just getting 6 points now may be given the option to get a $250 check or another prize instead of waiting for the iPod, which is backordered at Apple...
Just some FYI...

Someone at FW who signed up at the beginning of April has received his Digital Camera!
Hope for the rest of us!

I've got five points so far.

Still waiting on Netflix. Anyone know how long they take to post points from Netflix?

I'm still waiting for AOL 9.0 optimized on both my main account and 1 of my referrals. Of course the referral just signed up today so maybe it'll show up tomorrow..

Not that anyone is doing this, but I would shy away from self referals of eBay postings.

Ppl have been getting their FS accounts cancelled for that

:)

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=0&catid=18&threadid=303755

It's looking more and more liekly that this is a scam, or that new people won't get anything. Not 100% sure, but it has all the symptoms of a scam, such as poor customer service, accounts cancelled for no reason, excuses and broken deadlines. I'd use it at your own risk....or try a very reputable service, such as the one discussed here:

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14714

shill, shill.

Dave Olson
*SUPER DUPER INERNET CELEBRITY SUPASTAR~!* TM.

Did you even bother to read the last posts, where people just wrote they recieved emails that their checks in place of the iPod minis have been spent.

Did you even bother to check the times of the posts and realize that I posted here before those went up?

And I didn't say that everyone would get ripped off, just that now they know more people are completing the offers than they anticipated. That means they will be doing everything they can to make sure people do not complete the offers, and they will do it under they excuse of "fraud protection".

YourFreeDVD and PlanetFreeStuff are PERFECT examples of what started to be legit sites and once word got out and they had more people "working the system" than they anticipated, they quickly crumbled because they couldn't handle it.

That's why I'm wanring people to be wary. Having done extensive research into affiliate programs, and seeing the list of programs freeslide offers, even the 6 highest affiliate payouts BARELY equal 250 bucks, so even if you were to happen to pick the offers that give FreeSlide the most money, they would barely be making money. That doesn't assume you picka free trial offer like Ancestry.com, which pays them about $20. Doesn't sound like too stable of a business model, does it? Good luck to all of those that tried it and/or have gotten their stuff though.

Dave Olson

Brian, the lawyer for FS has posted as well. He doesn't advise using back door links, but otherwise it is legit

Hey FeldBum, how do we know you're not working for Freeslide while acting on our side to convince everyone to sign up, so that freeslide can achieve their goal, whatever that may be, (perhaps stealing private information from unsuspecting consumers)??!! You seem to know way too much about the whole thing, all the tricks only an insider would know. Besides, it seems to me that u signed up on this site just recently, the SAME DAY that u started to tell everyone about the greatness of this suspicious web offer, as if u signed up here just for the sole purpose of promoting FS. I dunno about everyone else, but to me this seems all too fishy........

Didn't you just sign up today?

Anyway read the thread on Fatwallet that MightySlacker referred to, then come back and tell me if you really think I work for Freeslide...

At least 6 long-time Fatwallet members have gotten $250 checks since Friday!
It works!
Read the fatwallet thread linked above for more details. Read from back forward!

I've completed an ebay item, and I sent the referal link to 5 friends. I have gotten no conformation for any of these yet.

[quote name='aj219']Hey FeldBum, how do we know you're not working for Freeslide while acting on our side to convince everyone to sign up, so that freeslide can achieve their goal, whatever that may be, (perhaps stealing private information from unsuspecting consumers)??!! You seem to know way too much about the whole thing, all the tricks only an insider would know. Besides, it seems to me that u signed up on this site just recently, the SAME DAY that u started to tell everyone about the greatness of this suspicious web offer, as if u signed up here just for the sole purpose of promoting FS. I dunno about everyone else, but to me this seems all too fishy........[/quote]

LOL - he does not work for them, I can tell you that much. ANyways, some people are receiving stuff, so you had better do it the legit way and no the way previously recommended. This will be much more difficult, as they have dropped the number of offers to do down substantially. But it's worth a shot. I haven't tried it yet, but I may give it a go for the Camcorder. Still suspicious though.

And Feld, just for curiosity, I just assumed you were doing this for the referrrals, but I thought your account had been cancelled - so why are you still sticking with it?

Dave Olson

[quote name='MightySlacker']
And Feld, just for curiosity, I just assumed you were doing this for the referrrals, but I thought your account had been cancelled - so why are you still sticking with it?[/quote]

As stupid and childish as it sounds, it's become like a personal battle between me and FS.
I want as many ppl to get what they can from FS. I want them to own up to their promotion and not try to duck out of it.
I've done some refs for ppl that have asked me and for friends.
:)
Good luck...

Bad news, if you've not gotten your points in by today, then you're out of luck on this deal. They've taken away the easy free offers and now you have to stick with whatever you sign up for, for a complete billing cycle instead of cancelling during the free trial period as people have been doing. So no more free ipods this deal has officially been fucked. (Unless of course you actually want to pay for all those crappy offers).

I noticed that this morning when checking my status. All the requirements under each Ad became a lot more stringent. They can't change the requirements to earn a point half way through a program without notifying people of a change in the TOS agreement. I've earned 5 points, the stipulations listed for those offers have now changed. Which rules am I now responsible to adhere to? The ones listed when I clicked, or the ones now?

From what I've heard, offers completed before May 18th are covered under the old terms, but any offers completed after the 18th have to meet the new terms. So to get your 5th point, you'll have to fulfill the new more stringent requirements.

Well, I can confirm that the offer was legitimate. I got my check for $299.99 the other day. Not bad for doing absolutely nothing. Thinking of sinking $200 into a Creative Zen; way more storage than an iPod.

bread's done
Back