Please give me Fatal Frame 4 on the PS3 in HD withLossless(give me Godiva Truffles!)!

Sarang01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Am I the only one who's hoping this title will sell well enough on the Wii that it makes an appearance on the PS3? Totally ravamped for HD with Lossless of course! ;-)
In fact I think it would be bitchin' if 1-3 would be remade for the PS3 from the ground up with Lossless. I know I'm dreaming but could you imagine the original three, where sound is such a pivotal part, getting the Lossless treatment?! :D

I dont see the connection between Fatal Frame selling well on the Wii and it moving to another platform.

The whole point why games like Fatal Frame and Monster Hunter are on Wii is that their previous home console sales make giving them the HD treatment very risky.

Having it sell well would validate that decision. Its certainly nice to dream of things that arent economically viable though.

If they decide to put the game on the PS3, then they'd either have to redo the graphics (which is gonna be costly) or they can do a direct port (which'll be cheap).

Regardless, I don't see this selling very well on the Wii and I'm guessing it'll make it's way to another console, one way or another.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I dont see the connection between Fatal Frame selling well on the Wii and it moving to another platform.

The whole point why games like Fatal Frame and Monster Hunter are on Wii is that their previous home console sales make giving them the HD treatment very risky.

Having it sell well would validate that decision. Its certainly nice to dream of things that arent economically viable though.[/QUOTE]

But you can see it deserves the Lossless treatment instead of being even spat on with having the fake 5.1 that is Dolby Pro Logic 2.
Vinny are you ever going to bring back the kitty avatar? Well it was a kitty or dog. Which was the original one you had? That one was so cool.
Mario we could always ask them to set up a pre-order page, encourage CAG's and others to pre-order, showing them #wise it could be feasible. I would easily pre-order a copy as I suspect you and others would.

I found the following numbers, but I dont know how accurate they are. LTD NPD:

Fatal Frame 1 - 57k
Fatal Frame 3 - 39k

Series attrition is in full affect on the 120M+ PS2 userbase. If it doesnt sell well ENOUGH on the Wii, then the series dies. I dont think they have enough faith in the series to fund another attempt.

I'm not really much of an audiophile. I'm fine with regular 2 speaker left and right stereo sound. I cant really appreciate the difference of anything higher.

Most (if not all) of Wi's third-paty games are on it because they're cheap to make. Porting FF4 to PS3/360 would end up with a game that isn't up to PS3/360 standards. Remaking FF4 on PS3/360 would be too expensive. If it does well on Wii it probably just means they'll make a 5th one on Wii too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Nintendo financing FF4? I think we've got about as much chance of seeing a port of FF4 to the PS3 as we do of seeing the PS2 port of Tales of Symphonia come to the US.

From my thread on the matter a while back:

Developed by Tecmo and Grasshopper, produced and published by Nintendo:

7.jpg

I imagine that means a good deal of funding from Nintendo, yes. I dont know if they necessarily own the rights to the franchise though.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I dont see the connection between Fatal Frame selling well on the Wii and it moving to another platform.

Having it sell well would validate that decision. Its certainly nice to dream of things that arent economically viable though.[/QUOTE]

It's risky business having Nintendo publish this (in NA, can't comment about Japan). Siren did 82k and that wasn't enough for Sony, so Siren 2 wasn't released here. Nintendo has higher standards than Tecmo, this game is going to need to pull 100k IMO. FF2 did 65k and that was with Atlus-like support from stores.

This game is almost surely going to do better than the PS2 versions but that's because Nintendo is publishing it. Nintendo isn't going to translate games into English and have major stores not stock the game, that's the way Fatal Frame has been. Nintendo has more leverage with stores than Tecmo thus it'll be more widespread, but ultimately it's going to have to sell.

The 39k that FF3 did isn't going to fly with Nintendo. Nintendo will probably pull the series out of the NA territory if it doesn't pull decent numbers.

bread's done
Back