Please help an idiot out

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
175 (100%)
I stupidly told a co-wokrer I would check out her PS3 since it was making a loud screeching sound when her son played it. I'm an idiot for doing this because I don't own a PS3 and she and I both knew I wanted to play it but at the same time check out the problem.

It was abvious right away that there is a short in her tv cable wire since a qucik touch to it stops the screeching.

I downloaded the system update for her and now I've run into a problem. The system doesn't seem to recognise when I put a game in. Nothing besides the trhee basic options appear under games. Am I missing something some where? She loaned me 6 games plus I renetd Genji. None work. However, when I hooked the PS3 up for the first time and turned the console on, NHl2k7 came out of the disc tray (I hit the eject button). But now nothing happenes. I've tried leaving the game in and restarting, putting it in after restarting, everything./

Any and all help is appreciated.

I'm not sure if this trick will work in your case, but unplug the PS3 from the wall for a few seconds, plug it back in, and when you turn on the PS3, hold down the power button on the console and keep holding until the main menu comes up. It's worth a try.

That's the strangest problem I've heard with the system. If formatting the HDD doesn't do it then it might be a problem with the disc drive itself.

i know.... 3 hours left until it's finished. To make matters worse my stupid 360 just gave me an error but thankfully I just saved the game :/ My gaming world is crumbling around me!

After 3 1/2 hours It's still a no go. Called CS and they need me to find my receipt because there is somethign wrong with the system.... Bah... this would be helpful if it was mine and i had that kind of thing. I'll call her tomorrow and see if she can get that to me or something. I feel bad that I incidently killed it but whatever :'(

bread's done
Back