Please help me in final fantasy 7

Mr. 420

Banned
So i just got out of the first part of the game and went to the chocobo farm for the first time. The asshole in the barn won't sell me the chocobo lure. I wasted like 3 hours and couldn't get him to sell it to me, he just wants to sell greens. So i did the save glitch to pass the marsh but am afraid i might never get to ride on a chocobo. Can anyone help me please. I youtubed this exact part but the asshole won't sell me the lure.

look it up on a gamefaqs is one thing to do. its been years i remember the part did you get choco mog from the chocobo in the stables?

Yeah but i used it cause i spent 3 hours searching for what to do because i didn't ask that tool in the barn all the questions. He didn't sell me the lure, just greens. Well i am pretty sure i don't have the lure cause i don't see it in my materia. I looked at gamefaqs and youtube but can't ever get a chocobo to appear in those tracks.

You talked to Choco Billy in the barn, right? I don't remember if there's an option to buy the lure from him afterwards if you reject him the first time around, but I'm fairly sure there is; I seem to remember being short of gil one time I played and having to go out and fight some monsters in order to afford the damned thing. Anyway, since you're past the swamp already: according to K. Megura's FAQ, on disks 2 and 3, you can find a free Chocobo Lure near the right corner of the chocobo pen on the farm.

If it helps, the swamp crossing bit is the only part of the game where you need a chocobo (if you want to avoid the Midgar Zolom, that is; even then, he's avoidable without a chocobo if you're good enough). Catching them is only required if you want to breed and/or race them later on.

Ok thanks for that bit about getting the free lure.
Yeah i talked to billy and he just wants to sell greens and i just want to kill him for it.

I'm playing FF7 on my PS3 right now and I'm about 30 hours in. But I talked to the farmer first then the guy who wants to sell you greens. What I did was make one of my characters feed greens, and waited to get a matchup of 2 bag guys and a chocobo vs. my group where one hit/spell to each of the bad guys killed them and the chocobo was still busy eating so I ended up w/ a Chocobo. You just gotta make sure not to use a spell where you accidently hit the bird, and use strong attacks/magic vs the monsters.

But either way you will ride a Chocobo later in the game when you get to the Chocobo races, so it's nothing super special.

[quote name='dsreptiles']But either way you will ride a Chocobo later in the game when you get to the Chocobo races, so it's nothing super special.[/QUOTE]

But don't you have to ride a Chocobo to get to the next dungeon? I don't remember, it's been a long time.

[quote name='dsreptiles']I'm playing FF7 on my PS3 right now and I'm about 30 hours in. But I talked to the farmer first then the guy who wants to sell you greens. What I did was make one of my characters feed greens, and waited to get a matchup of 2 bag guys and a chocobo vs. my group where one hit/spell to each of the bad guys killed them and the chocobo was still busy eating so I ended up w/ a Chocobo. You just gotta make sure not to use a spell where you accidently hit the bird, and use strong attacks/magic vs the monsters.[/QUOTE]
Uh, yeah, but the OP's problem was that he couldn't get the Chocobo Lure materia to begin with...

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']But don't you have to ride a Chocobo to get to the next dungeon? I don't remember, it's been a long time.[/QUOTE]
You don't have to, but it helps ;)

bread's done
Back