"Please insert a xbox 360 disk"?

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
I have a new set up in my room now where my xbox is vertical. Once with Oblivion, and once with Dead Rising when I put in the disk it came up with a screen that said, "Please insert a xbox 360 disk" in different languages...wtf? I've never had this before? Sign my system is dying, or maybe since my system is vertical now I didnt have the dvd fully on.

[quote name='seanr1221']I have a new set up in my room now where my xbox is vertical. Once with Oblivion, and once with Dead Rising when I put in the disk it came up with a screen that said, "Please insert a xbox 360 disk" in different languages...wtf? I've never had this before? Sign my system is dying, or maybe since my system is vertical now I didnt have the dvd fully on.[/QUOTE]

DVDROM laser sounds like its flaking out.

[quote name='Scorch']NEVER have your 360 vertical.[/QUOTE]

? I'm buying a new 360 again soon and always kept my last one vertical (it didn't break, I just sold it). Why wouldn't I want to keep it vertical?

[quote name='Diiz']? I'm buying a new 360 again soon and always kept my last one vertical (it didn't break, I just sold it). Why wouldn't I want to keep it vertical?[/QUOTE]

I really don't know about the reasons, but from what I think I know it being vertical is supposed to be bad for the laser somehow. I always see it though that it is better off vertical as less dust would settle on it as opposed to vertical. Probably not true but thats how I see it in my eyes.

Either way my 360 is almost always vertical and it never had problems up until a month ago when it finally crapped out, it was a launch system.

[quote name='Ruined']Then you need to return it.[/QUOTE]

Yea, luckily Gamestop gives you 2 weeks, so I can transfer my warranty over to the new system.

[quote name='2pac']Is there really a difference in which way you have your 360?

Or is that all BS?[/QUOTE]

It's all BS and ya return that bitch. Then get some Wawas on your way back for all the trouble you are going through. :)

[quote name='mr ryles']It's all BS and ya return that bitch. Then get some Wawas on your way back for all the trouble you are going through. :)[/QUOTE]

Oh I most likely will....I got some of their chili the other day....and it was :drool: X 1,000.

It could just be a little dust on the disc or on the lens. Unless it is happening constantly, I really don't think it is something to worry about right now. I've had my 360 since launch and I think I've seen the message twice. Both times, I just ejected the disc and then reinserted it and it started right up.

Don't worry if you notice that the DVD does not spin up. This is because the disc does not lock on the spindle. Gravity at work. Just eject the disc and reload.

One interesting story. My cousin got his 360 and Gears over the weekend. After about 2 hours of playing vertical, he could no longer read the disk. He ejected it and it was scratched all to hell. He returned it to Best Buy where the manager told him it's very common and told him not to put his 360 vertical or it often "eats disks".......

Although mine has always been vertical without problems.

[quote name='Helmski']Don't worry if you notice that the DVD does not spin up. This is because the disc does not lock on the spindle. Gravity at work. Just eject the disc and reload.[/QUOTE]

Wow actually, both times I took notice the disk wasn't spinning. Thanks for bringing this up, looks like I wont have to go through the process of returning it, but I'll still reward myself with some Wawa ;-) :drool:

[quote name='qpid']It if is vertical and even moves the slightest bit you can end up with a scratched disc, I see it a lot[/QUOTE]

That is true. This ruined 3 of my games that way.

bread's done
Back