PLEASE LOCK : got what I needed, THANKS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesilentshadow30

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I was wondering what some of your opinions are regarding a purchase i made on Ebay not long ago.

On 1-5-06 I used Buy It Now on an auction and paid for it with Paypal. The seller did not contact me. I didn't think anything of it because sometimes I have just sent things out and gotten busy and forgoten to email the buyer myself. On 1-12-06 I still had not received the item or even an email from the seller, so I email the seller asking about the item. The seller responds that he was busy and wasn't able to send it out till a day or so ago but says I should get it within 2 days. I wait the 2 days and still nothing. I email the seller and no reponse. So I file a complaint with Paypal. The seller finally responds after I file the complaint. He says that I will get my item and that he can not respond to the Paypal complaint because they want the Delivery Confirmation # and the post office doesn't give a tracking # on Priority or Parcel Post. He also basically threatened neg feedback by saying that we both have quality feedback and I hope this doesn't mess that up. I replied back to that I am honest and I will let him know when I get the item and also cancel the complaint. I also told this guy that he should understand some basic policies if he uses Paypal such as using DC on all Paypal items. This guy has been using Ebay since 2003 and I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have been riped off at some time since he doesn't use DC. I know if he gives me a neg its going to piss me off since I bought the item and paid the same day. I have already email Ebay regarding this but I really don't look for them to say anything. So if I get the neg oh well it would be my first. I have a feedback score of 358 right now with over 400 transactions I think (some were to the same people and of course some don't leave feedback). SO a neg is not really a big deal.

Do any of you think that I would be wrong for giving him a neg. or think I have been to pushy or anything?

If he didn't use DC when he sent your item, then he is an idiot. Paypal really sucks, but use it to get your money back. If he can't provide a DC # to Paypal, he'll lose. If he negs you, who cares? Reply and say that Paypal gave you your money back for no shipment and that your other feedback speaks for itself.

In general, I hate Paypal, because it strongly favors the buyer and hurts the seller, but when it works in your favor, use it.

TBW

Maybe you could get him in trouble for feedback extortion?

If you don't get the item within what you consider a reasonable period of time, then I would go through with the chargeback because you know you will win since he doesn't have a D/C number.

As for the negative feedback, I wouldn't leave it for him unless he left it for you first because it sounds like he will definetly leave it in return.

Well, if you don't get your item and if he doesn't give you a refund, you should definitely neg him. It doesn't sound like you've been pushy. If you get your item and you're still pieved about his behavior, you can just not leave him any feedback. Unless he explicitly said he was going to neg you if you didn't withdraw the Paypal complaint, I don't think you can really report him for anything. It is odd that someone who has been on eBay so long can't figure out how to put DC on a USPS package (or how important it is for Paypal complaints).

He fed you a line of BS about the DC# - seems strange that a seller with good feedback would do that to you :whistle2:s (EDIT - crap. Judy cubed beat me to it)

I agree with the others - if you get it before the end of the week, just let it slide as long as its what you ordered - stuff does happen and you have every right to be upset but its not worth fighting with this guy over it - it'll just waste your time in the long run.

If it doesn't make it - take that fool out PayPal style and get your mopney back :D

Forward any of his threatening emails to eBay. Whatever you do, don't respond in a similar manner. If you end up not receiving the item you should not have any problems getting your money back from paypal if he didn't use DC.

Given the back and forth e-mails I wouldn't leave any FB on this one. He could very well neg you out of some crazy sense of being insulted by you after you leave him a +. Unless he deserves a neg. (For me that would mean the package never arrives and/or arrives F'ed up and he won't refund.)

His comment that the USPS doesn't give tracking could be ignorance, but it really just sounds like a poor lie on his part.

My opinion is that a buyer should leave bad feedback as it is deserved and not worry about retaliatory neg FB from the seller. Negs don't really hurt buyers unless you get an extreme amount.

Of course, if you use one account for both buying and selling then you are in a bad spot. My advice is to create a 2nd one for all of your buying from here on out.

I doubt he will leave you a neg unless you leave him one first. Few sellers will except in the case of NPBs.

And if you do get the item, don't go on with the chargeback as that's mail fraud. (You've already said you would be honest, so that's good.)

As of right now thats pretty much what I say.
I know when I sale an item through Ebay and Paypal is involved I ALWAYS use DC. I know it is not a guarentee but to not use it you are stupid.
If I get the item before the Claim ends I will end it, But I am not ending the claim just cause he says he shipped it but can't prove it.
I already emailed Ebay about the feedback threat cause that was the way I took it, I really don't think anything will come of it though but I thought I would try.

And just to clarify thing I have ALREADY filed the claim with Paypal, Thats what got him to reply to me. I just can't believe he told me that he didn't use DC, what a moron. He has till I think this Sunday for the item to get to me, after that the claim will be decided in my favor. He also didn't tell me how he shippied it. I paid $5 for shipping so I would expect Priority not Parcel Post. Even at the new rates $5 would cover the cost of Priority, If he did use Parcel Post I don't look for it to show up.

With my feedback I am not concerned with getting 1 neg.
I try to always leave honest feedback, not just feedback that will keep me from getting a neg or neutral.

EDit.....

This is on an acct I use to Buy and Sale.
I think I will do as suggested and after this create an acct just for buying.

And I do plan on canceling the claim if the item shows up. I would even repay if it shows up after the claim is decided as long as the item is in good shape, but I think I would only pay the bid price and actual shipping in that case.

The advice about two separate accounts is really good. I've actually been doing that and while I still have not had any problems in my almost 400 transactions, its not worth the risk to my selling account if there is a problem with something I buy.

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']IOn 1-5-06 I used Buy It Now
On 1-12-06 I still had not received the item
The seller responds I should get it within 2 days.
I wait the 2 days and still nothing. I email the seller and no reponse. So I file a complaint with Paypal. [/QUOTE]

You filed a complaint after only 8 days??? Why? Mail is still slow from the Christmas backlog & taking much much longer than normal. I'd have waited at least 21 days.

Oh, and before you say "seller did not communicate" that's not true. He DID communicate with you. Twice.

I would advise you to be more patient.
This is mail-order not instant delivery.

[quote name='electrictroy']You filed a complaint after only 8 days??? Why? Mail is still slow from the Christmas backlog & taking much much longer than normal. I'd have waited at least 21 days.

Oh, and before you say "seller did not communicate" that's not true. He DID communicate with you. Twice.

This is mail-order not instant delivery.[/QUOTE]

the thread i made about my complaint....he sent money 1/08 and made a complaint 1/12. i plain out hate dealing with online people now.

[quote name='electrictroy']You filed a complaint after only 8 days??? Why? Mail is still slow from the Christmas backlog & taking much much longer than normal. I'd have waited at least 21 days.

This is mail-order not instant delivery.[/QUOTE]

No If you would have read the OP, I did not file the complaint until after the time period in which the seller told me it would be here. I waited 8 days before I contacted the seller to see if there was a problem. The seller told me it would be here within 2 more days, well 2 days later it wasn't here. I tried to contact the seller again but he did not reply so then I filed the complaint. I don't think I ever said that the "seller did not communicate", However he would only do so after my initial question to see what was going on after waiting 8 days and then again only after I filed the complaint. The 2nd attempt he ignored. As for the mail being slow from Christmas... I don't know if you are having slow mail or what but here things have been fine. I purchased an item off Ebay on 1-9-06 and received it on 1-13-06 and this item was purchased from CA... the purchase I have a problem with is from CT.

I have already heard back from the seller, I had sent him a message explaining a few things ( I was nice about it). He understands my position and has said that he would not leave neg feedback, after all why should I get a neg for using buy it now and then paying in under 5 mins... I hope he learns from this and starts using DC.

But anyway when it comes to Ebay I don't think Troy is anyone to take advice from... judging from several threads here on CAG...

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']But anyway when it comes to Ebay I don't think Troy is anyone to take advice from... judging from several threads here on CAG...[/QUOTE]
QFT.

[quote name='111111']the thread i made about my complaint....he sent money 1/08 and made a complaint 1/12. i plain out hate dealing with online people now.[/QUOTE]

I would agree that the complaint in that case was premature.
In my case I was going off the sellers word, after all he knew how he shipped it and when (which he still has not told me?) so he should have an idea of when I should get it. I also had a bad feeling since it took him so long to answer my 1st email, it took him 3 days to get back to me. I still am not sure if he ever really sent it out, after all he can't prove it... so maybe he didn't.

I still think you're impatient. You don't say what Kind of shipping, but since this is a gaming site it's probably Media Mail, and that can take up to two week*. You didn't wait that long.

And yeah, shipping IS slow this time of year. I shipped from PA to VA during the first week of January, priority mail. It took a whole WEEK! A week to cover what should only take 2 days.

So yeah, things are slow at the post office.

[quote name='electrictroy']I still think you're impatient. You don't say what Kind of shipping, but since this is a gaming site it's probably Media Mail, and that can take up to two week*. You didn't wait that long.

And yeah, shipping IS slow this time of year. I shipped from PA to VA during the first week of January, priority mail. It took a whole WEEK! A week to cover what should only take 2 days.

So yeah, things are slow at the post office.[/QUOTE]

Well I would say what kind of shipping if the seller would tell me, we can all tell that you are not one for READING...

You having problems with the USPS being slow is no surprise after reading all the problems you have with EVERYTHING....

So basically, thanks but no thanks for your advice Troy...

[quote name='thesilentshadow30']when it comes to Ebay I don't think Troy is anyone to take advice from...

You having problems with the USPS being slow is no surprise after reading all the problems you have with EVERYTHING....

So basically, thanks but no thanks for your advice Troy...[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back