78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

[quote name='kklems']
No but you shipped many of these games late. USPS can't deliver what they don't have. (and didn't some of the people posting dc info state acceptance was 2 pm Wednesday..towards end of the day so the games didn't go into national routing until the next day)

Why would people have an expectation that their games would arrive quickly....Numerous times you stated the games would go out on release day or potentially one day early. In the FAQ's that you have stated you looked over and thought looked good it says 3-5 days (in fact you quoted that in one post). Another post from 6/24/07

"""Liongames says
my video stores are located in conn, and that is where i ship from. it shouldn't take more then a few days to receive first class mail. Priority should really get there in two at most but is not gauranteed. we could always meet at yankee stadium and i will hand you the game in person """"

I understand you didn't get your shipment until later than you planned but that is not the consumers fault. You could have stepped up to the plate and shipped all the late games Priority. That would have been top notch customer service. (Extra cost $.60 above what people paid for 1st class shipping)

I am still willing to keep an open mind until Halo 3 release but if that goes as poorly as it appears some of the Bioshock orders did I think I will move on.[/quote]

priority is $4.60 minimum these days, Bioshock weighs about 9 oz. with the slipcover, so that's about $2 more for shipping. He's already selling it for $20 UNDER retail, so why the hell do you want to cannibalize his business even more?

You read the deal, his games got lost, his distributor got the games late, you know what happened, so why do you want to screw liongames over even more?

The lack of understanding in this thread is completely retarded. People don't understand the situation, they don't remember how little they paid for the game, and worst of all, they somehow interpreted "1st Class" as "overnight" shipping. If you pre-order a game online, you will get it in the time it takes for the shop to get the game plus the time it takes USPS to ship it. There was a one day delay in the shipping of your game. THAT'S ALL THAT HAPPENED. fucking get over it.

[quote name='Apossum']priority is $4.60 minimum these days, Bioshock weighs about 9 oz. with the slipcover, so that's about $2 more for shipping. He's already selling it for $20 UNDER retail, so why the hell do you want to cannibalize his business even more?

You read the deal, his games got lost, his distributor got the games late, you know what happened, so why do you want to screw liongames over even more?

The lack of understanding in this thread is completely retarded. People don't understand the situation, they don't remember how little they paid for the game, and worst of all, they somehow interpreted "1st Class" as "overnight" shipping. If you pre-order a game online, you will get it in the time it takes for the shop to get the game plus the time it takes USPS to ship it. There was a one day delay in the shipping of your game. THAT'S ALL THAT HAPPENED. fucking get over it.[/quote]

Agreed, its ridiculous, you save $15-20 on popular new release games but OH NOEZ 5 dollar shipping and all of a sudden "its not much of a deal"

[quote name='Apossum']priority is $4.60 minimum these days, Bioshock weighs about 9 oz. with the slipcover, so that's about $2 more for shipping. He's already selling it for $20 UNDER retail, so why the hell do you want to cannibalize his business even more?

The lack of understanding in this thread is completely retarded. People don't understand the situation, they don't remember how little they paid for the game, and worst of all, they somehow interpreted "1st Class" as "overnight" shipping. If you pre-order a game online, you will get it in the time it takes for the shop to get the game plus the time it takes USPS to ship it. There was a one day delay in the shipping of your game. THAT'S ALL THAT HAPPENED. fucking get over it.[/quote]:applause:

Some people just have a sense of entitlement to everything. Yes, you paid for it, but have a bit of patience and understanding. I could perhaps understand it if it were a huge corporation, but this is a small, family-run business. He did everything he could that was in the best interest of the business and the customer. You can't expect him to neglect his business completely to give you a fucking blowjob. It was still the only place you could get the game at such a low price. If there was a better place, then it was in your interest to go and get the game there, but don't go bitching about a day or two delay in shipping and the USPS' inability to get things to customers in a timely manner.

For those of you still without BioShock (or awaiting any game shipped First Class USPS, for that matter), I got my copy this morning, and my tracking number on their site still says only Acceptance.* So just know what miniature pterodactyl-on-a-treadmill (Flinstones reference, kids) operation you're dealing with when it comes to following your much-anticipated package.

And now, on to determining what my next Liongames preorder will be...I deeply regret not grabbing Mass Effect 'back in the day' (February), as I assumed BioShock would be out much earlier, and I wanted to see how things went before going 'all in' on anything else.

*--I'm sure it'll change to Delivered tonight, about twelve hours after the fact.

That's another thing-- USPS confirmation sucks. being an online game seller on occasion, I know the joy of customers getting confused by this.

It's of no help whatsoever when USPS is taking longer than usual to deliver something.

Got my Bioshock today, thanks Tony. I didn't mind the wait because I figured it would take that long with the cheapest shipping. I might pick up guitar hero 3 from you also.

Mine arrived on Thursday - hand delivered from the mailman.. said "looks like a new game"
He was actually a gamer too.. he is gonna check out the website..
He would have probably liked the contents..lol

Don't worry Tony, unlike SOME users here, I won't bitch and complain if there's a delay in getting Blue Dragon out this week. Your personal service is top-notch and the price was excellent with my trades. I'll be patient. Hell, I'd pick up a used game or two from you right now, but with all these new games coming out plus my schooling and teaching robbing me of some extra time, I just wouldn't have time for them.

Keep up the good service and ignore the whiny brat. I have. :D

[quote name='lilboo']Will Metroid be shipping today or tomorrow?[/quote]

Metroid is not a street dated title. my distributor gets it tommorow i will get it on thursday and ship it then.

[quote name='kitkatjam23']Hey Tony, any idea when Stranglehold will go out? Im not in the insane, psycho rush that come of these cats are in, just curious.

Thanks for the service! BioShock is great! :bouncy:[/quote]

Strnglehold will probably get to me on thursday since it isnt a street dated title. I will ship it out the same day.

Well the mailman came and went today, and still no Bioshock for me. Kinda disheartening, I am afraid to go to any gaming websites due to the fear of a spoiler.

I have no idea why its taking so long, I am on the east coast. I hope the USPS didnt lose my package or something.

Anyone else out there still bioshockless?

[quote name='jollydwarf']I got my copy this morning, and my tracking number on their site still says only Acceptance.*

*--I'm sure it'll change to Delivered tonight, about twelve hours after the fact.[/quote]

That's how it works. They update the status sometime after 6pm.

I'll qualify this by first saying that personally I don't really care that I'm having to wait a bit longer for the game (especially at the price we're getting). I'm the type of person who feels rushed to get to the next game when I have a couple of new ones (I was actually relieved when GTA4 got delayed) so I don't mind getting it a bit later.

That said, this is all a bit odd. USPS First Class is in no way guaranteed, but regardless of what it says on the liongames website it is absolutely not 5-7 day shipping. 99.9% of the time USPS First Class for an item this size takes 2-3 days. I have shipped 103 items on ebay via USPS First Class and the absolute longest any of them has ever taken is 3 days. If my Bioshock arrives tomorrow it will be 7 days. I'll say again, in 103 tries it has never taken more than 3 days for an item I sent via USPS First Class and we are at a minimum of 7 here.

I was actually at the post office today shipping something off to Chicago via First Class and just for the heck of it I punched a Connecticut zipcode into the APC. From my location it said that it should arrive in 2 days.

Again, this is in no way guaranteed with First Class but to get the number of orders taking a week via First Class as I've seen on these boards alone I would estimate I would have to ship out somewhere along the lines of 10,000 items. A First Class item of this size taking a week to get there is a 1 in 1000 thing, yet there are tons of them here.

I got the shipping notice back on Tuesday so obviously Tony held up his end of the bargain and got the game in the mail when he said he would. Obviously i's not just a matter of him taking longer to get it in and lying by saying the mail is taking a long time, because we have the shipping notification of proof of it going out when he said it did.

Assuming that the game does eventually show up with a First Class sticker on it (and not a Media Mail sticker) it will just be a bizarre set of circumstances is all I can figure, unless some regions just ship out faster than others (maybe the sorting facility in Connecticut is just awful and mine here is very fast - is that possible?). Not Tony's fault in any way....just weird.

As for saying people should've just paid the $1.50 for Priority I think that's a bit presumptious. $1.50 is nothing but most experienced shippers understand that that First Class actually takes 2-3 days. In my case, it's never taken more than 2 to send anything to Connecticut so I (like most I would assume) figured that I would be paying that $1.50 to get it either the same day or only one day later. Obviously we were wrong...it's just weird how long it is taking compared to anything I've shipped well....ever.

Got my bioshock today and I live in CA. However, my case is broken during the delivery. Hope this won't happen again on my halo 3 and mass effect order.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yup, Midwest. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.[/quote]

Same here in chi town, not sure if its because of the big storm or just the SOS crap post. I can't play anyway everything was destroyed in my game area 360, HDTV and stereo, but I would still like to have my game to stare at :( 2 feet of flood water will take out just about anything.

[quote name='wasabi_']Well the mailman came and went today, and still no Bioshock for me. Kinda disheartening, I am afraid to go to any gaming websites due to the fear of a spoiler.

I have no idea why its taking so long, I am on the east coast. I hope the USPS didnt lose my package or something.

Anyone else out there still bioshockless?[/QUOTE]

I still do not have mine either. I'm in NJ. The USPS has never been this slow for me. Very disappointed.

[quote name='tightclaws']Same here in chi town, not sure if its because of the big storm or just the SOS crap post. I can't play anyway everything was destroyed in my game area 360, HDTV and stereo, but I would still like to have my game to stare at :( 2 feet of flood water will take out just about anything.[/quote]

I'm chicago burbs and got mine today. Man that sucks about the flooding. That storm was really bad.

[quote name='tightclaws']Same here in chi town, not sure if its because of the big storm or just the SOS crap post. I can't play anyway everything was destroyed in my game area 360, HDTV and stereo, but I would still like to have my game to stare at :( 2 feet of flood water will take out just about anything.[/quote]

That sucks. I hope you get some help for all that mess. Crazy weather, I think you need a :grouphug:

All I can do for those who havent received the package yet is call the post office tommorow and see if there were any glitches. It is a bit weird because 2 connecticut residents didnt get their package yet. This is an issue I will check on. People from all over the country have received their games and some poeple very close have not. I will call the postmaster tommorow and pick his brain.

[quote name='liongames']All I can do for those who havent received the package yet is call the post office tommorow and see if there were any glitches. It is a bit weird because 2 connecticut residents didnt get their package yet. This is an issue I will check on. People from all over the country have received their games and some poeple very close have not. I will call the postmaster tommorow and pick his brain.[/quote]

I told you early on Tony the post office sucks for me, thats why I have not ordered more from you than what I have. Major issues with the post here in my town, I see others in the Chicago area got theirs, even same area close to me. Its been horrible last 5 days. I don't need this crap from the post office, if I don't get my game tomorrow, I think sad to say we can't do much more business though no fault of yours. I wish you nothing but the best and I still have a few other games on order from, its no big deal on used heck I even got the last few games from you in 3 days very reasonable. but approaching a week here not happy. Plus I can't even play anyway. That and the fact no info since you dropped off on the 22 I think the US post sucks basically, I'm not paying 7.50 for UPS its a ripoff and cancels any money I might have saved, my life just is not going well. It has to get better.

Just got my copy of Bioshock, thanks a lot Tony, very happy with the price and the service.

I'll definitely be ordering new and used from you in the future

[quote name='tightclaws']I told you early on Tony the post office sucks for me, thats why I have not ordered more from you than what I have. Major issues with the post here in my town, I see others in the Chicago area got theirs, even same area close to me. Its been horrible last 5 days. I don't need this crap from the post office, if I don't get my game tomorrow, I think sad to say we can't do much more business though no fault of yours. I wish you nothing but the best and I still have a few other games on order from, its no big deal on used heck I even got the last few games from you in 3 days very reasonable. but approaching a week here not happy. Plus I can't even play anyway. That and the fact no info since you dropped off on the 22 I think the US post sucks basically, I'm not paying 7.50 for UPS its a ripoff and cancels any money I might have saved, my life just is not going well. It has to get better.[/quote]

Sorry Tight claws I hope your life gets better.

[quote name='liongames']Sorry Tight claws I hope your life gets better.[/quote]Hehe...for some reason, I find the wording of that hilarious.

[quote name='Vcize']I'll qualify this by first saying that personally I don't really care that I'm having to wait a bit longer for the game (especially at the price we're getting). I'm the type of person who feels rushed to get to the next game when I have a couple of new ones (I was actually relieved when GTA4 got delayed) so I don't mind getting it a bit later.

That said, this is all a bit odd. USPS First Class is in no way guaranteed, but regardless of what it says on the liongames website it is absolutely not 5-7 day shipping. 99.9% of the time USPS First Class for an item this size takes 2-3 days. I have shipped 103 items on ebay via USPS First Class and the absolute longest any of them has ever taken is 3 days. If my Bioshock arrives tomorrow it will be 7 days. I'll say again, in 103 tries it has never taken more than 3 days for an item I sent via USPS First Class and we are at a minimum of 7 here.

I was actually at the post office today shipping something off to Chicago via First Class and just for the heck of it I punched a Connecticut zipcode into the APC. From my location it said that it should arrive in 2 days.

Again, this is in no way guaranteed with First Class but to get the number of orders taking a week via First Class as I've seen on these boards alone I would estimate I would have to ship out somewhere along the lines of 10,000 items. A First Class item of this size taking a week to get there is a 1 in 1000 thing, yet there are tons of them here.

I got the shipping notice back on Tuesday so obviously Tony held up his end of the bargain and got the game in the mail when he said he would. Obviously i's not just a matter of him taking longer to get it in and lying by saying the mail is taking a long time, because we have the shipping notification of proof of it going out when he said it did.

Assuming that the game does eventually show up with a First Class sticker on it (and not a Media Mail sticker) it will just be a bizarre set of circumstances is all I can figure, unless some regions just ship out faster than others (maybe the sorting facility in Connecticut is just awful and mine here is very fast - is that possible?). Not Tony's fault in any way....just weird.

As for saying people should've just paid the $1.50 for Priority I think that's a bit presumptious. $1.50 is nothing but most experienced shippers understand that that First Class actually takes 2-3 days. In my case, it's never taken more than 2 to send anything to Connecticut so I (like most I would assume) figured that I would be paying that $1.50 to get it either the same day or only one day later. Obviously we were wrong...it's just weird how long it is taking compared to anything I've shipped well....ever.[/QUOTE]

the weather could be to blame in the midwest. otherwise, I've found 3 or 4 days to be the exception with first class with delivery times averaging 5-7 days outside the region, with a few out of every 50 or so packages taking longer. If games don't arrive by Friday, then that would be worth looking into.

I got my copy of Bioshock, today in Northern California. Thanks again Tony! I really like the personal thank you note. Nice touch. I plan on purchasing from you again! To all those people complaining about their games not arriving be patient, it's worth the wait! Game is amazing!

Can't wait for Blue Dragon and MP3 to be delivered. Any chance those will be sent together so I can benefit for the priority bump? In any case, keep up the good work. Hopefully my trade-ins have been passed along to some worthy new owner.

Those of us all not getting ours seem to be in the same general areas (the midwest and east coast). I wouldn't be surprised if the storms had something to do with it as several others have mentioned, cutting off some shipping routes but not affecting others.

I just got my copy of BioShock last night and I'm in Chicago. I heard that the daily thunderstorms for the past two weeks delayed some packages and mail, so I wasn't expecting a speedy turnaround. But, the wait wasn't too long in the end. Thanks, Tony!

I'm in Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina and have not received my Bioshock package yet --- it's OK though, b/c I need to purchase an HDTV first before I play it :cool:

Please keep us posted on an expected delivery date, Tony --- it sounds like a lot of freak events are delaying the shipments (stolen goods, major storms disrupting shipping etc.)

I'm in Amherst, NY (suburb of Buffalo) and I still haven't recieved my copy yet. It's weird since the last 2 times I ordered from Tony I got the games (from first class mailings) in two days.

But whatever, not Tony's fault.

You been to Duffs Wings Bar, Tokitoki? I used to date someone from Williamsville --- those wings are HOT --- I haven't been there in about 4 years and I am suffering from major Duffs withdrawal. Once you have their hot wings, all others pale in comparison.

I LOVE DUFFS.

Oh man. Actually I'm in Fredonia right now at college so I'm feeling the withdrawl myself haha. That, Mighty Taco, and Loganberry makes Buffalo awesome

Ah yes, Mighty Taco and Loganberry --- also Western NY staples --- I need to get back there and get the Duffs 20 wings + fries + pitcher of beer deal --- the fries are so tasty when they come right out of the fryer and have the duffs hot sauce on them --- I remember when I tried the Molten Hot level wings and couldn't feel my lips or tongue for like a half hour

Not gotten mine either out here in Southern California. Got the cheapest shipping... so wasn't expecting it for a week.

The reality... even though I'm dyin' to play... I have sooooooooo many games to keep me busy. And a 'true' cheap-ass really can wait to save that extra buck... I know I can.

Mail came today and no Bioshock I'm inclined to believe somethings wrong. I never have waited this long, people around me got theirs two days ago. If I don't have by Friday I'm going to have file some type of claim. Another crap deal in a crappy life.

Got mine yesterday (Monday) in Dallas, TX. Soon enough since I paid for regular mail. Gave me time to finish Resistance... Bioshock is WAY better already!

Thanks Tony, am glad I ordered from you.

Same here. Just checked the mail. Got a bunch of stupid ads, but no Bioshock.

I leave for a weeklong vacation this weekend. I was hoping to be able to get alot of playtime in before I leave, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back