78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

much love to tony, this faq is a good idea.

edit: Winstead, CT? Holy shit, tony and I are neighbors. I'll have to visit his retail store.

When it says "$42 with 2 trade ins" can the 2 games be any game from PS2, xbox, 360, wii and ps3 or does it have to be a certain 2 games?

One more question hehe...when you say you get the trade in credit and the lower price on a new game, does that mean I get $30 (for future purchase) plus a $38 new game with 3 trade ins?

i forgot to preorder halo 3 and gta 4 before i went on vacation, looks like i missed out on the excellent deals.

any chance for those prices to return?

yeah i didnt like teh site at all

it maybe a good site but for those looking for older ps1 gems and rare ps2 games its not that good

and comon i cant even get Disgaia wdf

OK i updated it so hopefully thats answers everything. Tony if you could read that over and make sure i didnt get anything wrong or anyone else for that matter it would help. Just pm me and ill change it

[quote name='nikelecious91']One more question hehe...when you say you get the trade in credit and the lower price on a new game, does that mean I get $30 (for future purchase) plus a $38 new game with 3 trade ins?[/QUOTE]
If you trade in three games worth $30 in total, and the deal knocks the price down to $38 with three trades, your out-of-pocket is $8 (plus shipping) for that game.

I'm just waiting for some more deals. I got anxious and bought Assassin's Creed, Metroid Prime 3, Lair and Heavenly Sword from Family Video because there were no deals on those games right now. I would migrate my pre-orders over if Tony had deals on them.

Continued discussion from the last thread, how were you guys able to get AC for $40? I preordered it a couple weeks ago and I put $10 and my balance is $38. What's going on?

[quote name='kojubat']If you trade in three games worth $30 in total, and the deal knocks the price down to $38 with three trades, your out-of-pocket is $8 (plus shipping) for that game.[/quote]

Oh snap so its basically $8 for a game + shipping!

Hey this is my first time checking this site out.
Hmm..this looks pretty decent. So is this how some of it works?!

Metroid Prime 3 is $34.99 with 2 trade ins of $10 or more.

I have 2 games that I want to trade: Shadowrun and Fantastic Four for Xbox360. Shadowrun is $25, Fantastic Four is $15. Does this mean if I trade them 2 TOWARDS Metroid..I'll get $5 in credit (remaining?!)

If so, this is very nice :)

Okay, say I made an order in which I put $20 down on two preorders($10 each), what if I want to cancel one of those preorders but keep the other one? How would I go about canceling the one game on the order without canceling the other?

Somebody please tell me why I put $10 down on Assassin's Creed and I have still have a balance of $38 while others claim they only have a balance of $30?

[quote name='R0wdi']Somebody please tell me why I put $10 down on Assassin's Creed and I have still have a balance of $38 while others claim they only have a balance of $30?[/quote] hey me 2 ...:wall:

[quote name='R0wdi']Somebody please tell me why I put $10 down on Assassin's Creed and I have still have a balance of $38 while others claim they only have a balance of $30?[/quote]

I am almost positive everyone has a $38 balance. I was checking out the deals for weeks before I jumped in and I never saw AC for $39.99. If I did I would have bought that game also instead of buying through FamilyVid.

[quote name='R0wdi']Somebody please tell me why I put $10 down on Assassin's Creed and I have still have a balance of $38 while others claim they only have a balance of $30?[/quote]
They are mistaken it was 48 + 5 dollars shipping always. NO ONE paid $39 some people are easily confused. You people really can't expect him to lose money on every title can you? Those four titles GTA, Halo3, Bio Shock, Mass Effect are whats called a loss leader he used those prices to draw people to his site, store and great service hoping that his service and decent but not great prices keep you as a customer. Games are expensive get used to it. Don't count on seeing many games under the cost of $50 anymore because thats what they cost him it IS A BUSINESS, he needs to make some money to make the whole thing viable. I like the store, I like Tony and have been very happy so far on my dealings with him. That being said he needs to streamline the site a bit, do some things to make shipping a bit more more affordable like having to the option to ship some games together for one price when they are near in release date. I probably would have a bought a few more things from him if he had more options for shipping IE bundled shipping and offered a few better deals for collecters, I don't trade my games.

FIXED

[quote name='Mcal15']I am almost positive everyone has a $38 balance. I was checking out the deals for weeks before I jumped in and I never saw AC for $39.99. If I did I would have bought that game also instead of buying through FamilyVid.[/quote]

Ya, I know, that's what I was thinking but a couple people have been telling me that the game was for $40, and I check the site somewhat often and the only 360 games that where ever that low in price were GTAIV, Bioshock, Mass Effect, and Halo3.

[quote name='lilboo']Hey this is my first time checking this site out.
Hmm..this looks pretty decent. So is this how some of it works?!

Metroid Prime 3 is $34.99 with 2 trade ins of $10 or more.

I have 2 games that I want to trade: Shadowrun and Fantastic Four for Xbox360. Shadowrun is $25, Fantastic Four is $15. Does this mean if I trade them 2 TOWARDS Metroid..I'll get $5 in credit (remaining?!)

If so, this is very nice :)[/QUOTE]

That's how it works. You probably will not have any credit though as you have to add at least $5 for shipping.

[quote name='tightclaws']They are mistaken it was 48 + 5 dollars shipping always. NO ONE paid $39 some people are easily confused. You people really can't expect him to lose money on every title can you? Those four titles GTA, Halo3, Bio Shock, Mass Effect are whats called a loss liter he used those prices to draw people to his site, store and great service hoping that his service and decent but not great prices keep you as a customer. Games are expensive get used to it. Don't count on seeing many games under the cost of $50 anymore because thats what they cost him it IS A BUSINESS, he needs to make some money to make the whole thing viable. I like the store, I like Tony and have been very happy so far on my dealings with him. That being said he needs to streamline the site a bit, do some things to make shipping a bit more more affordable like having to the option to ship some games together for one price when they are near in release date. I probably would have a bought a few more things from him if he had more options for shipping IE bundled shipping and offered a few better deals for collecters, I don't trade my games.[/QUOTE]

Loss liter? That's a new one. I generally liked your comments but this one sent me in a burst of laughter.

[quote name='tightclaws']They are mistaken it was 48 + 5 dollars shipping always. NO ONE paid $39 some people are easily confused. You people really can't expect him to lose money on every title can you? Those four titles GTA, Halo3, Bio Shock, Mass Effect are whats called a loss liter he used those prices to draw people to his site, store and great service hoping that his service and decent but not great prices keep you as a customer. Games are expensive get used to it. Don't count on seeing many games under the cost of $50 anymore because thats what they cost him it IS A BUSINESS, he needs to make some money to make the whole thing viable. I like the store, I like Tony and have been very happy so far on my dealings with him. That being said he needs to streamline the site a bit, do some things to make shipping a bit more more affordable like having to the option to ship some games together for one price when they are near in release date. I probably would have a bought a few more things from him if he had more options for shipping IE bundled shipping and offered a few better deals for collecters, I don't trade my games.[/quote]

I do recommend this site to anyone who wants great service and likes to trade there games in, for me its a hassle to trade games in I always feel wow I should not have done that I want to play that game, some people though finish a game then thats it, so for them its great.

You should add the following information to the FAQ:

1.) Lion Games only accepts current generation games (360, PS3, and Wii) for trade credit. You already have the $10 minimum in there.

2.) When and how do I pay off the balance on a game?

3.) Post an example of a trade-in scenario:

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

I'm sure there are others but those are the questions I always see.

[quote name='joserjerr']At least I won't be the guy asking for a liter of coke, loss liter, in businees school.[/QUOTE]
ALITERACOLA?

Also, the OP should have links to the current deals available.

yeah at 49 it was still a good deal, but its still 4 months out and they'll probably be comparable deals to that between now and then at a B&M store.

Yeah, no idea where the "Assassin's Creed was $39.99" rumors are coming from. I put in a pre-order for the PS3 version on June 15th and it was $48.99 + $5.00 shipping and handling.

-silks

[quote name='XskylineX']How do I do a trade in? Send him my games?[/quote]

Yes. You search for the games you are trading in, add them to your cart...add any preorders...print out receipt, it has directions to send in used games, have to be sent in within 5 days of transaction.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Yes. You search for the games you are trading in, add them to your cart...add any preorders...print out receipt, it has directions to send in used games, have to be sent in within 5 days of transaction.[/quote]

So then wouldn't I have to pay for the shipping of my games to him?

[quote name='XskylineX']So then wouldn't I have to pay for the shipping of my games to him?[/quote]

Yes. Its not as bad as you think. I sent him FEAR for the X360 and it cost me about $3 for bubble envelope and first class shipping w/conf. delivery. Remember, you get the store credit for the game + you get whatever game you choose discounted if it has one of those cheaper prices with "1 trade in", "2 trade-ins"...etc.

You have to pay for shipping. First class is only about $2.20 for one game. $3 for two. I sent three games via priority for $4.xx. He will email you the amount you will get very fast

[quote name='slickkill77']http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

FAQ
If anything is wrong, PM me and tell me.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site
__________________[/quote]

Slickkill. Thank you and good job with the FAQ. I will look at it more in detail in a week or two. I am up to my ears right now. I actaully have to start preparing for the bioshock orders so I am completely ready in 3 weeks. I also have to add my 4th quarter games to the systems. Thank you again!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back