78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

Hooray!

Just got my Bioshock in, thanks a lot Tony!

Also, that hand written "Thank You" is a big plus because I know how much time and effort it took to put those on every order.

I'll be sure to order from you again in the future (most likely for a used copy of skate).

Just got my copy of Bioshock, thanks for everything Tony! Will definitely be shopping at Lion Games more!

[quote name='liongames']reality is that priority is great. if it says accepted today then that is when it probably got shipped. I got most of the prioriitys out on tuesday but there were about 50 more prioritys that went out today. keep the faith in priority it is a good service.[/QUOTE]

Still don't believe they shipped it the day you took it in. Still no game today. If it had been shipped Tuesday, the day you took it in, then it would have been here today. Nope. Every game I have ever traded with others, close to 70 now, I have shipped priority and only on very rare occasions involving weekends did it take more than two days.

And to make matters worse, I just checked the status of the shipment and it has not changed one iota since the first time I checked. Still says 'accepted'. Not 'shipped', not 'in transit', nothing. No further status than it did two days ago. Hell, they probably lost the damn thing.

I still believe they sat on it that entire first day. No biggie, as I can't play tonight anyway cuz the wife will be having people over in the TV room, but it's the principal. But if it does not come tomorrow, then I will admit that I will be pretty perturbed at them. Wonder what recourse we have at that point?!

Thanks for the note of encouragement though Tony.

Can anyone who paid for priority please go take the tracking number Tony gave you and see what the status says on usps.com? I am curious if their tracking info has any more info than mine. Here is it Thursday and it still does not say they have even shipped the damn thing. If yours says they have then I am gonna be extremely pissed off. If yours does not have any update info either, other than 'accepted', then I will just assume they're bad at documentation and that's that.

Anyone?

[quote name='mrg']Can anyone who paid for priority please go take the tracking number Tony gave you and see what the status says on usps.com? I am curious if their tracking info has any more info than mine. Here is it Thursday and it still does not say they have even shipped the damn thing. If yours says they have then I am gonna be extremely pissed off. If yours does not have any update info either, other than 'accepted', then I will just assume they're bad at documentation and that's that.

Anyone?[/QUOTE]
Mine still says accepted.

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Mine still says accepted.[/QUOTE]

did you get it yet? Starting to look like they're tracking system is worthless is all.

[quote name='slickkill77']It will say accepted until it is delivered. It isnt a tracking number so dont expect it to change[/QUOTE]

Yup, the USPS tracking system is the worst. Only updates 2x, when they receive it and when it is delivered.

[quote name='mrg']did you get it yet? Starting to look like they're tracking system is worthless is all.[/quote]

Mrg it is a delivery confirmation number not a tracking number. This basically means you get to see when i ship it an di get to see when you receive it. please read the bioshock update on the website. Remember you shipment could have left on wednesday. I am sure you will get your order soon.

I got the game today and I'm all the way in CA. I'm really glad I ordered from liongames...gonna buy lots of my stuff here from now on. Thanks a lot!

[quote name='nny77713']Same here
I also have not recieved word from USPS.

On the site, Tony says that they will not be sending out order status updates.[/QUOTE]

same here. hey tony can you clarify why this is especially since all the shipments have been sent

[quote name='Draknight']same here. hey tony can you clarify why this is especially since all the shipments have been sent[/quote]

Yes i dont feel like typing in all those tracking numbers one by one. You should have gotton an email from the postal services i used with your number. if you didnt get the email just shoot me an email and i will hunt your number down for you.

[quote name='liongames']Yes i dont feel like typing in all those tracking numbers one by one. You should have gotton an email from the postal services i used with your number. if you didnt get the email just shoot me an email and i will hunt your number down for you.[/QUOTE]

thanks tony for the response i'll be dropping u one

[quote name='themoor666']I got the game today and I'm all the way in CA. I'm really glad I ordered from liongames...gonna buy lots of my stuff here from now on. Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

What kind of shipping? Cause Im in Ohio and I havent recieved mines yet! WTF

Yeah, I'm in MD and still waiting too but it didn't ship until wednesday so later today for me.

Doesn't matter really because I'll probably beat the game twice before Sunday.

Got mine yesterday in AZ. The shipping was faster then I expected. Man this game is awesome. Thanks alot Tony.

I think mine should come today. I live about an hour from Tony's shop, so I'm really hoping it comes in today. If not I guess I should've just drove down there.

[quote name='Walt Jay']Hey Tony.

Manhunt 2 has been cleared for a Halloween release. That might make a good title for trade-in deals/specials since the controversy will probably equal a ton of sales.

Manhunt 2 Cleared for North American Release
http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6941&Itemid=2[/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure I'll be wanting "a “modified” version of the game."
... who's the ESRB's bitch? mmm yeah, Take-Two's the ESRB's bitch isn't she?
... especially one that was modified just to make the twats at the ESRB happy. I just think they should make a new rating like they did with the E-rating, E 10+ something like M 18+ would do the trick.

[quote name='spree4567']I think mine should come today. I live about an hour from Tony's shop, so I'm really hoping it comes in today. If not I guess I should've just drove down there.[/QUOTE]

Yup should've just drove down to get it. Oh well. The savings is still worth it. Just wish I'd have gotten it before I have to move back to school.

Got mine yesterday, was a hoping for a only a day after release since im only 2 states away (NH) but you can't have everything.

Thanks Tony, glad I did buisness with you.

i bougt halo 3, guitar hero 3 and call of duty 4 from liongames. how long do you think i will recieve them after street release. i live in new york
iconxbox360.gif

[quote name='themoor666']I got the game today and I'm all the way in CA. I'm really glad I ordered from liongames...gonna buy lots of my stuff here from now on. Thanks a lot![/QUOTE]

Wow, I'm in NJ and I have not received mine yet. I was think yesterday or today at the latest but no luck. Oh well, Big Daddy will have to wait. Strange how I get games fro Frys.com (shipped from Ohio) in two days but This one is taking 4+.

[quote name='[email protected]']What do you guys think the next deals should include im thinking:
Skate
tony hawks proving grounds
need for speed pro street
nba live 08
rock band
medal of honor
or orange box[/QUOTE]

Skate, NHL 08, Brothers in Arms...

Give us a Trauma Center: New Blood trade in specials!! Like you were doing with Metroid Prime 3..Umbrella Chronicles, ETC!

This doesn't so much have to do with the BioShock shipment, but more with USPS since I'm sending out mail that's time-sensitive: Does mail keep moving on Sundays? Or is that one less travel day I should count off in expecting a mail to arrive somewhere? I'm just talking about regular mail.

[quote name='Homer X']Wow, I'm in NJ and I have not received mine yet. I was think yesterday or today at the latest but no luck. Oh well, Big Daddy will have to wait. Strange how I get games fro Frys.com (shipped from Ohio) in two days but This one is taking 4+.[/quote]

4plus days. your game probably shipped on wednesday if you paid for first class shipping. Today is friday so that is 2 days. First class is 3 to 5 days. Your game will make it to you

[quote name='SteveMcQ']This doesn't so much have to do with the BioShock shipment, but more with USPS since I'm sending out mail that's time-sensitive: Does mail keep moving on Sundays? Or is that one less travel day I should count off in expecting a mail to arrive somewhere? I'm just talking about regular mail.[/quote]

The mail moves on sunday but it is tough to count it as a day. If you mail something on a saturday priority it will have a good chance to get there by monday.

Just got my BioShock today. I bought the game earlier already so this one is already up on Half.com but I am very satisfied with the site and you can count on my business in the future. Although you already have it since I have I think 4 more games pre-ordered with Liongames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back