78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

To be clear I am not angry with you Tony.

Yet again though the mail arrived without Bioshock. I mean this is getting ridiculous. I am trying my best to be patient, but if I dont get Bioshock tomorrow (maybe Saturday) I am going to have to go out and purchase it because I have a very limited amount of time to play games.

SteveMcQ - nice post. Sorry for all you guys who didn't get the bioshocky sweetness. I was wondering if the method of shipping has anything to do with it? That might lend more creedence to the idea that a specific person w/in the Conn USPS station where Tony mailed the games from boosted the games or did something otherwise nefarious. I wonder whether Tony dropped off all the games at a USPS station or if he had them picked up by USPS? If it's a pickup, I might look to that person who picked 'em up, as it seems many of the games have not yet been scanned into the mail system (those games not showing acceptance), could have been diverted.

Well, after 6 phone calls with USPS (2 yesterday and 4 today) I am not any closer to figuring out this situation. The only information that they were able to provide to me was

1.) The package was received on August 22
2.) The package is not at my local Post Office
3.) My delivery address was NOT linked to my confirmation number
4.) It was not delivered to a wrong address
5.) They have no idea where the package is or when it will be delivered

I am not sure where that leaves me, but I remain hopeful that USPS will somehow find and deliver it soon. I had them submit another ticket and supposedly someone will give me a call tomorrow.

Cris

I sped home breaking all the laws I could thinking today would be the day. I had faith USPS could move a package 20mins away to my house within 24 hours. Rules of logic need not apply. I'm not even mad anymore, this is so pathetic it's funny. My friend said if I paid him $10 he would hide in the bushes and pop out and kick the mailman in the nuts for me. Too bad I'm broke...

[quote name='CrisK']Well, after 6 phone calls with USPS (2 yesterday and 4 today) I am not any closer to figuring out this situation. The only information that they were able to provide to me was

1.) The package was received on August 22
2.) The package is not at my local Post Office
3.) My delivery address was NOT linked to my confirmation number
4.) It was not delivered to a wrong address
5.) They have no idea where the package is or when it will be delivered

I am not sure where that leaves me, but I remain hopeful that USPS will somehow find and deliver it soon. I had them submit another ticket and supposedly someone will give me a call tomorrow.

Cris[/quote]

I dont think the post office can tell where the delivery address is by looking at the confirmation number. If you want to email me to make sure I gave you the right number and I have the correct address feel free to do so.

I also got about 9 calls into the USPS in the last 4 days maybe even more. The guy i wanted to talk to and did this morning called me late in the day and told me he hasnt found any info out yet but a few people are looking in things for me and he will call me tommorow. So I dont know any more then I knew on monday.

[quote name='sickman']I sped home breaking all the laws I could thinking today would be the day. I had faith USPS could move a package 20mins away to my house within 24 hours. Rules of logic need not apply. I'm not even mad anymore, this is so pathetic it's funny. My friend said if I paid him $10 he would hide in the bushes and pop out and kick the mailman in the nuts for me. Too bad I'm broke...[/QUOTE]

Hell I'll pay him $10 if you get pictures :)

I really hope it gets here by Saturday. I just realized Monday is Labor Day so if I don't get it by this weekend, I'll have to wait 'till Tuesday at the earliest.

[quote name='liongames']I dont think the post office can tell where the delivery address is by looking at the confirmation number. If you want to email me to make sure I gave you the right number and I have the correct address feel free to do so.[/quote]

I didn't think so either, but I asked her twice and she said that she has never seen an address not linked to the number in her system.

I trust that you provided the correct information on your end and am sure that this is just a USPS problem. I will be going away for the holiday weekend, so at this point I am in no rush to receive the game. But, if it has not been delivered by next Friday, then USPS will be getting an unpleasant phone call.

Thanks for the update Tony and enjoy your holiday!
Cris

Here is an answer from the USPS FAQs about First Class Mail not arriving.

The estimated delivery time for First-Class Mail® is 2 to 3 postal business days, but does not provide the benefit of a guarantee like our Express Mail® service offers. Without a definitive tracking system affixed to the service we are not able to tell you where the item is within the mail stream or when it will be delivered.
However, if expected First Class Mail® or Priority Mail® has not arrived within 5 postal business days from its date of mailing, you can:
  • Call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) where a customer service representative will document your concern, OR
  • Visit the Postal Inspection Service website and complete a mail loss report.
Please note that with a mail loss filing, you will not automatically receive a response. If the item(s) is located it will be returned to you.

Here is the link if you want to see it there.

USPS ground is the worst service ever, I had tracking say I had a package at a post office 10 minutes away from me for three days, and I recieved a package that according to their tracking was still in Colorodo (I live in NJ)

dunno why but USPS must've really botched this one. My game was shipped 8/21 and just arrived today.

Just an update, I did receive my copy today, so Raleigh/Durham, NC should have their copies.....good luck to the rest of you --- hope you get them all soon, and hope this all works out soon and you can get some well-deserved and I'm sure much-needed rest, Tony

[quote name='saxman717']Just an update, I did receive my copy today, so Raleigh/Durham, NC should have their copies.....good luck to the rest of you --- hope you get them all soon, and hope this all works out soon and you can get some well-deserved and I'm sure much-needed rest, Tony[/quote]

Was there anything weird with your packages? I sent them in 7x10 yellow bubble mailer envelopes with a preprinted postal lable on it. Rest isnt in my near future. This bioshock problem has caused me to lose a lot of time. I got about 250 used games i have to put in the system yet. I want to start new specials and I still have about 50 more emials to catch up on. Glad you got your game.

Tony

I'm wondering for anyone of you who has received it, does the post office site say delivered and what time once you plug it in at the site?

[quote name='liongames']People have a right to be angry about the bioshocks. I going to figure out the exact number later tonight. I did talk to the person I wanted to today and I am waiting for his called back with some type of explanation. As far as how long do we wait. I think if pacakges are lost in the mail we must give them two weeks because I am sure they will all eventaully show up. Shipping replacements or refunds now would be counter productive.

Metroid and Blue Dragon are not street dated titles, therefore my distributor gets his shipments on street date and I get mine 2 days later. 6 of my metroids left out of a different wharehouse and I will get those tommorow. No one will be effected because those 6 people who paid for first class will get a free bump to prioirty to more then make up for the extra day. I want to be quite clear I am not late shipping Blue dragon and Metroid.

I know some people are angry but a very large majority did get their orders. The problem is bigger then isolated but I think it is less then 10% maybe even 5%. I am sure people will associate this problem with me but he truth of the matter is this could have happened with orders place online with anyone. As a business owner I am working to try and provide answers. I have accepted the fact I will lose customers over this even though it isnt my fault. I tihnk in the long run most people will know that my games arrive at their intended destinations quickly. I cant promise this wont happen again just like order somewhere else dont guarantee any faster deliverys either. Everyone makes mistakes including USPS and UPS. UPS lost most of my order in the first place. Hopefully you guys can hang in there and let this situation resolve itself.

Tony[/QUOTE]

Yep, I just cancelled my Halo 3 order. I've had problems in the past with USPS & I can't afford another. Everytime USPS fucks up it costs me money.

I've done a few trades with users from CT & items always seem to take alot longer to arrive, hell my average first class packages arrive in CA, WA, & OR for example in 3 days, once in 2 days. When I've recieved items from CT, MA, & RI it always takes 6-7 whole shipping days sometimes more. :roll:

Anyway, sorry about the cancellation.

Have a good night! tony;)

I know this isn't exactly a pressing issue but just wanted to make sure of this, I'm guessing that you aren't getting assassins creed in September and shipping it out then? : ) Your site says that it will be released on 9/25, same day as halo 3

[quote name='liongames']Was there anything weird with your packages? I sent them in 7x10 yellow bubble mailer envelopes with a preprinted postal lable on it. Rest isnt in my near future. This bioshock problem has caused me to lose a lot of time. I got about 250 used games i have to put in the system yet. I want to start new specials and I still have about 50 more emials to catch up on. Glad you got your game.

Tony[/quote]

There didn't seem to be anything strange about the envelope --- everything looked to be in order, just way overdue thanks to USPS incompetance :p Thanks for holding up your end of the bargain --- I relaly would recommend looking into another carrier besides USPS, though!

Mail came and went again today in NJ and still no Bioshock. Here's to having luck a full 2 weeks after shipping date.

[quote name='R0wdi']howcome you've played it in your card.[/QUOTE]

If you would have followed my eralier posts you would know that I went and bought it at Gamestop and if/when I do get this copy I will just ebay it. So right now I am in for $110 for one game. Hopefully I can get my $45 back from this debacle.

My BioShock seems to be criss-crossing the country and landing everywhere, but here. It's now skipped past me and gone onto Cincinnati. Maybe it'll make a stopover in Oahu first before coming back to the contiguous 48 and get me some chocolate covered Macadamia nuts in the process.

Tony: any way I can make my shipping for Halo to UPS Ground instead? No way in hell I'm gonna go with the USPS again.

[quote name='Homer X']If you would have followed my eralier posts you would know that I went and bought it at Gamestop and if/when I do get this copy I will just ebay it. So right now I am in for $110 for one game. Hopefully I can get my $45 back from this debacle.[/quote]

No, it's not that I was saying anything bad. I was just curious, I believed you that it hadn't come in the mail.

[quote name='tightclaws']I'm wondering for anyone of you who has received it, does the post office site say delivered and what time once you plug it in at the site?[/quote]

Yes it tells you what time and day that it was delivered on

[quote name='Homer X']If you would have followed my eralier posts you would know that I went and bought it at Gamestop and if/when I do get this copy I will just ebay it. So right now I am in for $110 for one game. Hopefully I can get my $45 back from this debacle.[/QUOTE]

Should've just bought it at BB or CC and returned your liongames copy.

Well, I've posted trying to defend the whole process... but now it's just getting kinda odd. I have yet to get mine either... and we are getting close to two weeks now. Nothing should take that long.

Tony? What's the best path to take at this point if this extends further and further? Is there a point in which you just figure it's lost and send us out a new copy?

[quote name='tanis']Well, I've posted trying to defend the whole process... but now it's just getting kinda odd. I have yet to get mine either... and we are getting close to two weeks now. Nothing should take that long.

Tony? What's the best path to take at this point if this extends further and further? Is there a point in which you just figure it's lost and send us out a new copy?[/quote]

Some of these games have been showing up the past few days. I really think you have to give it at least 14 days before you can even start to consider that it is lost and your never going to receive it.

Seeing as I bought a second copy elsewhere, I'm hanging in their also. I know it is not the fault of lionsgames and absolutely will not be holding it against them.

[quote name='retail sucks']Yep, I just cancelled my Halo 3 order. I've had problems in the past with USPS & I can't afford another. Everytime USPS fucks up it costs me money.

I've done a few trades with users from CT & items always seem to take alot longer to arrive, hell my average first class packages arrive in CA, WA, & OR for example in 3 days, once in 2 days. When I've recieved items from CT, MA, & RI it always takes 6-7 whole shipping days sometimes more. :roll:

Anyway, sorry about the cancellation.

Have a good night! tony;)[/quote]

No Problem about the cancellation. I think maybe you over reacted on the situation though. First of all you were going to do priority mail and those packages went off without a hitch except for one guy who show delivered but didnt have the game. It was sent to his work place so a number of things could have happened. it would also seem to me that cancelling is costing you money not the post office. You cancelled at $46.49 priority shipped halo 3. I would imagine it is going to cost you $10 to $20 bucks more for the game now. I respect your decsion just not sure it is a financially sound decision.

[quote name='liongames']No Problem about the cancellation. I think maybe you over reacted on the situation though. First of all you were going to do priority mail and those packages went off without a hitch except for one guy who show delivered but didnt have the game. It was sent to his work place so a number of things could have happened. it would also seem to me that cancelling is costing you money not the post office. You cancelled at $46.49 priority shipped halo 3. I would imagine it is going to cost you $10 to $20 bucks more for the game now. I respect your decsion just not sure it is a financially sound decision.[/QUOTE]

If I have it shipped via USPS and it's lost without "insurance" I'm screwed. I've been in that situation before and that's the first thing they ask. I couldn't ask LG to refund me, because it wouldn't be their problem. Once its in USPS's hands with proof of being sent the shipper is no longer liable. Maybe insurance should be an option. Instead of adding $1.50 to updrade to Priority include "insurance".

I ordered it from somewhere forr $46 shipped, First Class, no tracking, but if the game gets lost or damaged they will replace it without having to deal with with my local Post Office.

I don't blame LG at all. It definetely looks like USPS is to blame.

I have a question, if you don't mind me asking. Did you have all the packages dropped off at one PO? I was thinking it might be better for example: If you have 300 copies to send in one day distribute them between 2-3 post offices to thin out the load on one post office.

[quote name='retail sucks']I ordered it from Family Video for $46 shipped, tax free, First Class, no tracking, but if the game gets lost or damaged they will replace it.[/quote]

Family video is slow to ship at times, so just a heads up if you were wanting it in a hurry.

[quote name='ravenbear']Family video is slow to ship at times, so just a heads up if you were wanting it in a hurry.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I figured it would be late, but my point is refundability. FV will replace lost orders and it really doesn't hurt their financial situation like it would kill LG being a smaller/privately owned business "if" for some reason they had to replace a game.

[quote name='saxman717']There didn't seem to be anything strange about the envelope --- everything looked to be in order, just way overdue thanks to USPS incompetance :p Thanks for holding up your end of the bargain --- I relaly would recommend looking into another carrier besides USPS, though![/quote]

I guess I could be accused of sometimes thinking outside the box. Even though the USPS botched a small part of my order, I have to look at the whole picture, and still do what is best for my customers. I think people can make bad decisions sometimes by thinking they need to react to every situation. Sometimes it is just best not to make changes on every hiccup in business or in life. If you have a fight once or twice a year with your girlfriend or wife, your not going to get a divorce or break up with the girl are you? If things go wrong that little you would probably say to yourself I have a great relationship. Take me for instance. I have thrown over 32 perfect games in bowling. My average is 230, but you know what, I still throw games in the 150's once in a while. I am a 9 handicap in golf. I shoot between 75-81 when I play. I still get up once in a while and knock the ball out of bounds or miss a short putts. When it is all said and done what do you want to judge yourself on, the things you do good in life, or do you want to judge yourself on your screw ups or mistakes? No one or nothing is perfect. If you can have a success rate in life of 60% or more, then you are going to probably be a pretty succesful person. Now lets apply this theory to the post office.

I am actually pretty amazed at the post office. Has anyone ever stopped to think about the amount of mail they handle every single day? Drive down the street and look at all the houses. Think about all the houses and businesses in the United States. In 20 years of being in business the post office never lost a payment that I sent through the mail. Prioirty mail gets from CT to CA in two days most of the time, except around Christmas time. I view that as absoutely amazing. The post office is handling 300 million peoples mail every single day. Anyone who doesnt think there is going to be a percentage of screw ups probably isnt thinking that clearly. I think what happens is we get spoiled as humans when things go very right ,and we set our standards there and anything less becomes a problem. I think the post office needs to run very efficiently for people to get their first class mail in 3 to 5 days. I think that happens very often. I believe if we as humans succeeded and failed as much as the post office we would all be very very rich and succesful.

Now the post office tracking system isn't great at all. So when packages go missing like in this case, it isnt very possible to get quick answers as to where they are. You just got to give them time to sort it out. Now consider some changes I could have made. I could just cut out first class shipping all together and just offer priority shipping. For a $1.50 more there would be a lot less potential problems and people would get their games quicker. I could offer only UPS ,but I would probably have to charge about $10 A pop with my handling fee. I drop shipped a game Tuesday, UPS, and my freight charge was over $10. In short I really didn't want to force my cusotmers hands in any way. I think for the money and the success rate, the post office does a heck of a job. I feel it is best to still let my customers choose what type of shipping they prefer. There is good and bad in every one. That is the nature of the beast. That is my opinion but then again I do think outside the box.

Tony

By the way the guy from the post office called me back today and he told me he walked the entire hartford CT distribution center himself Looking for my packages. He didnt find any. He also said he will call me on tuesday to get some specific delivery confirmations numbers. No real answers but he is still trying.

[quote name='saxman717']Just an update, I did receive my copy today, so Raleigh/Durham, NC should have their copies.....good luck to the rest of you --- hope you get them all soon, and hope this all works out soon and you can get some well-deserved and I'm sure much-needed rest, Tony[/quote]

Raleigh resident right here, but no Bioshock as of yet. I'm hoping it will come eventually, but I must say I'm a bit worried about it.

Thanks for the update, keep on working with USPS and hopefully eventually everyone will get their package.

I think I found my copy

See below picture:

m_915beb83c511e87be7d8cb9ceba98067.jpg

:p

[quote name='majorscud']I think I found my copy

See below picture:

m_915beb83c511e87be7d8cb9ceba98067.jpg

:p[/quote]

That is a good one. lets hope your bioshock doesnt meet the same fate as wilson did!

I'm scared enough to change my shipping method for my Halo 3. I sent an email to Liongames requesting the change. That will be the best $3 I spent.

just a suggestion, but you really should update the used prices on your site, it looks like they all default to $50, which is in most cases more than the actual game new.

[quote name='hhhdx4']just a suggestion, but you really should update the used prices on your site, it looks like they all default to $50, which is in most cases more than the actual game new.[/quote]

I plan on doing that this weekend. I pretty much lost two weeks worth of productive work with this bioshock situation.

[quote name='liongames']I plan on doing that this weekend. I pretty much lost two weeks worth of productive work with this bioshock situation.[/quote]

It is not over yet Tony, I'm sorry to say this but you owe it to every customer to see that that are completely 100% happy with the outcome of this so far I'm not happy.

[quote name='tightclaws']It is not over yet Tony, I'm sorry to say this but you owe it to every customer to see that that are completely 100% happy with the outcome of this so far I'm not happy.[/quote]

I know it isnt over but every day a few more packages show up. I think by next wednesday it will be very close to over. I think some of the customers happiness is out of my control. I will do my best for sure but there isnt much to do at this point but wait and keep calling the post office looking for an answer that I may never get.

[quote name='liongames']I know it isnt over but every day a few more packages show up. I think by next wednesday it will be very close to over. I think some of the customers happiness is out of my control. I will do my best for sure but there isnt much to do at this point but wait and keep calling the post office looking for an answer that I may never get.[/quote]

Thats all we can ask for, I just want to know that if it all fades, somehow you will take care of those that fall between the cracks. If that happens. I do appreciate all you have done, and am overall happy with the purchases I have made, its just one of those things. I will say I have had several other very bad experiences with the Post, I buy a lot online. I have also had troubles with UPS if you buy enough using these services things do get lost occasionally. But if it does happen, I must say they will replace or pay you the replacement cost of the item{s}. Good luck with that with USPS. Might I suggest calling Fed Ex their ground service is more reasonable than you might realize especially on a bulk scale like Bio Shock or in your case constant mass deliveries. I know this is more of task than you thought it would be in some cases, I do applaude your efforts. I still feel you have a nice store and will still buy things on occasion I'm just hoping this never happens again I stress hoping.

PS I'm not saying their individual happiness thats up to them, I'm saying the happiness that they receive their game or some type of compensation for the lost game, that is up to you if you want to continue in this business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back