78 (100%)
http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm
(Homepage)

http://www.liongames.com/default.cfm/page/faq/
(LionGames.com FAQ)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137095
(Old Thread)

http://www.liongames.com/preorder-august07.cfm
(New August Deals: Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero 3 Bundle, Guitar Hero 3 Game, Super Mario Galaxy

FAQ

EMAIL EMAIL EMAIL!!!!! If you want to change anything or ask a question PLEASE EMAIL TONY.
[email protected]
[email protected]

0) How fast is the shipping?
He sends out via usps or ups. First class mail-$5. Usually arrives in three days, sometimes more. Priority mail- $6.50. Usually arrives in 2 days, sometimes three. UPS-$8. I honestly dont know how long this one takes
If you buy two games that get shipped together he automatically upgrade to priority.

1) When will games like GTA 4 and Halo 3 ship out?
Both of those games will ship on or one day before street date because they are street dated titles which means I(Tony) should have mine at least one day early. I would pay for priority mail. It is fairly quick. As fast as two day cross country sometimes.

2) When I trade in games to lower the price, will I get the trade in credit as well?
Yes. Not only do you get the trade in credit, you will also get the lower price depending on the number of trades(Limit three per game to lower the price). Games must be worth at least $10 trade in credit. Basically, you get the lowered price and store credit

3) Is this site reputable?
Yes. There have been two threads each reaching 30+ pages and many people have bought used and new games from him. Everyone has been happy with their purchases. If something does go wrong, you can email Tony and he will help you to make your purchase better.

4) How are these considered deals if the shipping is $5
Ok. First there is NO tax. That saves you about $4. Then if you trade in games towards your purchase it will lower the price $5 more(if they are worth $10). Used games are about $20 below EB/GS for newer games. So at $5 saveings per game if you bought 5 games a year thats at least $30 savings

5) Where does Tony ship from?

Lion Games
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098

Phone: 860-738-4336

Email: [email protected]

6) How can liongames.com make money with such low prices?
Instead of advertising, Tony is offering lowered prices and excellent customer service in hopes that you will come back and tell others via forum or word of mouth. He mainly makes money on used games and he has an actual store in CT to further bring in money

7) Who are you? I've never heard of LionGames.com

LionGames.com is a subsidiary of Age of Video II located in Torrington and Winsted Conn. The addresses are as follows:

Age of Video II
1151 Main Street
Torrington, CT 06790
860-496-1798

Age of Video II
120 Willow Street
Winsted, CT 06098
860-738-4336

We have been running Age of Video II in Torrington from 1987-present and our Winsted store 1991-present. As you can see we are no strangers to the retail environment.

8) I have purchased game(s) and sold game(s) on the same invoice. What happens now?
Since the game(s) you sold us reduced the total of your invoice, we cannot send you your game(s) until we received the game(s) you sold to us. Mail your games as quickly as possible to.

Lion Games
120 Willow street
Winsted CT

9) I want to buy a game(s) and sell you a game(s) and I want the game(s) I buy right away.
In this case do 2 separate invoices. One for the purchases and one for the game(s) you are selling us. This way we don’t have to wait for your games to get to us before we send you the one you purchased.

10) Am I allowed to trade in so many games that Lion Games will owe me money?
Sure!!! You can even just sell us games without buying one yourself. If you want to sell us more then 10 games, shoot us an email first.

11) Will I be guaranteed the price Lion Games quoted me for my game?
As long as you represent the game condition that you are selling us accurately, we guarantee the price we quoted you on our website. Lion Games noticed some of our competitors have reserved their right to reduce the game(s) after they’ve received the game(s), if they feel the market has changed. We don’t do that. We also don’t put bogus prices on our website. We take a straight forward no nonsense approach to doing business. The only other thing we ask is for you to mail your game(s) to us within 5 business days.

12) An example of a trade-in scenario:

Metroid Prime is $34.99 with 2 trade-ins

Trade in Shadowrun for $25 and Fantastic 4 for $15 would give you $40 credit.

MP is $34.99 (with 2 trades) + $6.50 USPS priority - $40 credit would leave you with a balance due of $1.49.

13)When do I pay off my balance?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is about one month from the release date. Tony will send out an email stating when certain deals are ending and when your balance will need to be payed off

14) How do I upgrade my shipping?

If anyone wants to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony I hope you dont mind that I took some answers and question from your site

[quote name='Robman62']sorry for the noob question...but what was the bioshock problem....i have halo ordered from here[/QUOTE]

They didn't receive the full shipment of Bioshock on time which meant that many of the non priority copies went out the day after release and than the USPS misrouted some.

[quote name='tightclaws']you should have by now, you better get on it.[/QUOTE]

i don't see a halo 3 balance item like there is for other preorder games, anyone have a link?

edit: nevermind, just looked at my order history and i paid the balance in full when i preordered.

I just wanted to share my experience with you guys. If you don't mind, pay the extra $1.50 for the upgraded shipping. I bought Bioshock with the standard shipping and it took 7 days to deliver to Fargo, ND. I bought Metroid with the upgraded shipping and it took 2 days. Shipped on Thursday, arrived on Saturday. I guess I can't guarantee the same results for everyone, but it seems that the upgraded priority shipping is definitely the way to go. Thanks Tony!

Tony, I know you read this thread so I'd like to send my thank you for the excelent service. I recently ordered a used game that turned out to be an error on your system and you sent a brand new copy. I would have understood if you had cancled the order. Thanks again, every time I've used your store I've had a very good experience. I know I'll certianly look to your store first for my used games.

Looks like my Blue Dragon should show up today if the tracking is anything to go by - got scanned into my local PO yesterday. ~4 mail days ain't bad. Cheers Tony! I need to finish up GRAW2 tonight before I get started on this thing.

Edit: Yup, got BD, yay, 100 hours of my life to spend/lose! :)

[quote name='Milkyman']when do we pay the balance for our halo 3 pre orders?[/quote]

haha...I asked that same question a couple pages back. Then Tony reminded me that those of us who got Halo 3 paid in full at that time.

Another day bioshockless. This is just really ridiculous. I dont care what any of you say, Tony is in part at fault for this. Because even if the USPS screwed up on it, Tony should have persued fixing the problem better, because I really doubt mine has been fixed. And so far it looks like Tony is not focusing on Bioshock orders any more and is more focused on other customers.

I think Tony's focus should be on a first come, first serve basis.

And as far as tracking, my tracking number says:

"We do not currently have any tracking information for this shipment yet, please try back at a later time."

So I really dont know whether or not Tony even shipped my package.

I mean really, 2 weeks? Bioshock could of traveled from his warehouse to my house like 15 times via Pony Express by now.

[quote name='wasabi_']Another day bioshockless. This is just really ridiculous. I dont care what any of you say, Tony is in part at fault for this. Because even if the USPS screwed up on it, Tony should have persued fixing the problem better, because I really doubt mine has been fixed. And so far it looks like Tony is not focusing on Bioshock orders any more and is more focused on other customers.

"We do not currently have any tracking information for this shipment yet, please try back at a later time."

I mean really, 2 weeks? Bioshock could of traveled from his warehouse to my house like 15 times via Pony Express by now.[/quote]

I know how you feel, funny thing is I did my own follow with the PO. They called me Saturday morning at 8:30 am and woke me saying they found it and its on its way, I should have it Sat or Today at the latest. NOPE, I called PO today no ones called back. I'm not happy at all, I'm so glad I spent an extra $65 so at least I can enjoy the game, I did learn something, a deal is no deal if they never deliver the game.

Finally bioshock has arrived. It could have been in better condition. The sleeve that comes on it is pretty banged up.

Now of course this is my second copy since I bought it 2 weeks ago (a little impatient and also had the time to play it two weeks ago). This let me finish it over the long weekend.

Thankfully I have upgraded shipping on all other LG purchases.

[quote name='wasabi_']Another day bioshockless. This is just really ridiculous. I dont care what any of you say, Tony is in part at fault for this. Because even if the USPS screwed up on it, Tony should have persued fixing the problem better, because I really doubt mine has been fixed. And so far it looks like Tony is not focusing on Bioshock orders any more and is more focused on other customers.[/quote]

The only problem is that USPS service tends to be YMMV no matter where you are. I've had periods back at home where everything was spectacular and several months where you wonder if you slighted someone important and they had a vendetta against you.

I only mention this because the few times where I've had to call in and leave severe complaints with my post office they stopped caring after saying "we'll look into it, don't worry! We'll get back to you shortly!" Then again, maybe four severely ruined packages, three missing paychecks, two 'lost' DC packages and the mailman skipping our entire block every other day for a week because he wanted to go home early (ie: before 1:30 PM) wasn't really a problem.

So...I slightly disagree with your overall point. Granted, Tony should be responding a bit more since it's a huge issue at this point but I wouldn't be shocked if the USPS is giving him little to no info on the issue at all. You still have every right to be pissed, though!

Thanks Tony, just received my copy of Bioshock. Shipped on 21st, recieved on the 1st. Granted it was being shipped to the other corner of the US, it took forever. Sleeve was a bit banged up from the shipping. conclusion: USPS blows. btw, their tracking information still can't determine what happened to the package.

Just completed my 5th order with Tony today. I ordered it this morning, and it has already shipped. Outstanding service, and great used game prices. The games have all been in great condition as well.

I was even refunded $3 because the condition of Fortza 2 did not meet his "excellent rating" when he shipped, so he charged me a lower price. I never asked, he just did it.

If you have not purchased a used game, I suggest look at some of the prices, and buy one.

[quote name='Kash76']That again brings the question.... how can I upgrade my shipping after the fact?[/quote]

If anyone want to upgrade their shipping from first class to priority then you can just paypal me $1.50 to [email protected] Please include your invoice number in the comment section. It is $1.50 per game. Also after i make the change your invoice will still read first class but the amount that you actaully paid will be different and the amount paid for shipping is what i look at when i determine first class or priority.

Tony

[quote name='wasabi_']Another day bioshockless. This is just really ridiculous. I dont care what any of you say, Tony is in part at fault for this. Because even if the USPS screwed up on it, Tony should have persued fixing the problem better, because I really doubt mine has been fixed. And so far it looks like Tony is not focusing on Bioshock orders any more and is more focused on other customers.

I mean really, 2 weeks? Bioshock could of traveled from his warehouse to my house like 15 times via Pony Express by now.[/quote]

I am not sure where you are getting facts to say that I am not focused on Bioshock orders anymore. I have spoken to the post office every day since last tuesday. This morning I had to call tech support at Endicia.com because i wanted to learn how to run an entire report with tracking numbers and delivery dates. I downloaded that report and sent it to the postmaster and to the head of the business developement team in Conn. I have voice concerns to everyone I could, and I will even be talking to a new person tommorow. I have answered every email ,and I try to keep posting here also.
Keep in mind that over 90%of my bioshock orders got delivered on a timely basis . I have spent all this time because I am concerned about every outstanding package. I have also stated a number of times that I believe these packages were misrouted, and I believe they will eventually show up. I think I even stated that I was giving the USPS at least 2 weeks to try and get these missing ones delivered. More packages have been showing up every day leading me to believe that all outstanding deliverys cant be that far behind. I feel that waiting is the most logical solution right now. If you feel that I havent done enough, all i can say is that i am sincerely sorry and you have a right to that opinion.

Tony

[quote name='tightclaws']I know how you feel, funny thing is I did my own follow with the PO. They called me Saturday morning at 8:30 am and woke me saying they found it and its on its way, I should have it Sat or Today at the latest. NOPE, I called PO today no ones called back. I'm not happy at all, I'm so glad I spent an extra $65 so at least I can enjoy the game, I did learn something, a deal is no deal if they never deliver the game.[/quote]

I think there is a huge difference between late and never. Your game may get there tommorow or it may not. Either way I think it is very close. This has been a frustarting situation for you and I am sorry for that.

[quote name='nny77713']Finally bioshock has arrived. It could have been in better condition. The sleeve that comes on it is pretty banged up.

Now of course this is my second copy since I bought it 2 weeks ago (a little impatient and also had the time to play it two weeks ago). This let me finish it over the long weekend.

Thankfully I have upgraded shipping on all other LG purchases.[/quote]

If you want to send me back that sleeve i will replace it for you.

Tony

Just wanted to pop in and say I preordered Bioshock and got it within a few days of release and in excellent condition. Sorry for those of you having problems, but my experience gives Tony an A+.

Tony I just sent you another $1.50 via Paypal. I would rather have priority in a case like this even though I live in CT. I'll need my copy of Halo 3 within the first three days of release, which I no doubt would receive in this case. I still saved another $12 shopping through you, not including taxes, by getting Halo 3. One of these days I'll buy my used games from you... hoping sooner then later lol.

[quote name='Kapwanil']The only problem is that USPS service tends to be YMMV no matter where you are. I've had periods back at home where everything was spectacular and several months where you wonder if you slighted someone important and they had a vendetta against you.

I only mention this because the few times where I've had to call in and leave severe complaints with my post office they stopped caring after saying "we'll look into it, don't worry! We'll get back to you shortly!" Then again, maybe four severely ruined packages, three missing paychecks, two 'lost' DC packages and the mailman skipping our entire block every other day for a week because he wanted to go home early (ie: before 1:30 PM) wasn't really a problem.
So...I slightly disagree with your overall point. Granted, Tony should be responding a bit more since it's a huge issue at this point but I wouldn't be shocked if the USPS is giving him little to no info on the issue at all. You still have every right to be pissed, though![/quote]

I think I have been very responsive as explained in a few post back. I also don"t think this is a huge
problem as over 90% of my Bioshock shipments arrived to my customers on a very timely basis.
It is however a problem for me and the customers who didn't receive the game. I am working on answers
but I may never get any. This could happen to with any company you choose to do business with, or it could happen with
any package people may get in the mail. People do have a right to be pissed, but do they really want to is the better question.
I say this in hopes of maybe touching some younster's lives. I learn very early on in life not to sweat the small stuff. I really live that
way, and I am in a good mood over 360 days a year. My mom died of a rare uterin cancer back in 2004. I remember having to take her to the cancer center
once a week so they can stick a big needle in her abdomen, and drain fluid cause by the cancer. Sometimes they would
take out 4 quarts at a time. The amnazing thing is she smiled and was in a good mood all of those days.
The reason for this is she concentrated on the positive things in life and was still able to be happy
even though the negative at that time was much more overwhelming. It is how you view things that will make you feel happy or upset.
I see people all the time on the golf course whipping clubs because they hit a bad shot. Bowlers kicking the ball
return because they missed a spare. These people are focusing on the negative instead of the positive. If you were able to eat today and you have loose change
in your pocket, then you are better off then 92% of the people in the world. Those arent just words to me, I live by them and I feel very lucky most of the time.
In short, when you start to put a late video game in perspective, hopefully you not wasting happy moments by letting it ruin your day.

BIOSHOCK!!!! WOOOOO!!!

Hooray. Thanks Tony I finally received Bioshock and I can't wait to play it.

I would like to say thank you for the great deal on the game and the super awesome handwritten note on the order page.

...Liongames kicks ass.

So, Im assuming Strangleholds shipping this Thursday? Again, no rush for me personally, still have 5-10 games backlogged, just curious since most stores have already gotten theirs in the area.

[quote name='kitkatjam23']So, Im assuming Strangleholds shipping this Thursday? Again, no rush for me personally, still have 5-10 games backlogged, just curious since most stores have already gotten theirs in the area.[/quote]

Amazon has the street date as fro tommorow. I am not sure if my distributor got it today. If not i will get mine on friday.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in: I pre-ordered Bioshock and received it in a timely fashion, and had excellent interactions with Tony on my trade-ins and on a pre-order where I wanted to make some last minute changes. In my experience he is professional and service-oriented, and I can't recommend him enough!

Got my Bioshock today!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!

It came packaged well enough and I'm happy as can be. Wish I could have played it over the weekend, but oh well. I had Metroid to keep me busy.

I was getting worried there because I was wondering if the USPS was having fun playing my copy... but... alas... it must have been tossed around the country for a while.

Obviously, this makes Tony a valuable option when my cheap ass is lookin' to buy.

LOL --- I just got to thinking --- Tony, are you a gamer? Are you going to be playing Bioshock, potential GOTY, or has this whole fiasco tainted Bioshock completely in your mind?

I just realized that if I were you, I might not want to hear the word "Bioshock" ever agin and would possibly cringe everytime I heard it, due to memories of late nights writing emails, endless phones calls to the USPS, responding to forum posts etc.

I hope you can actually play this game and enjoy it even after all the commotion its release has caused!

I'm thinking of unloading a couple games that I know I'm not gonna play anymore. I was gonna place a preorder on GH3 but i really hate gh but I want it for some reason. But, if i end up don't wanting the game can i transfer the credit elsewhere?

[quote name='wasabi_']Still no Bioshock for me. :([/quote]

Wow I thought I was the only one left, the worst part is the post office called Saturday morning saying I would 100 % definatly have by Sat or Tues at the latest. They lied after losing my package, I'm going to have to say the the post office is not reliable if any changes or things different then what they are used to come up. I am really starting to believe this is because of the new self shipping method Tony used, I have had 3 orders before with no problem, this is only major difference I see between this and those. I feel its because of this untested service :Endicia Internet Postage .. I really feel it is the cause. Maybe by Halo 3 we might get ours:roll:

Ya, I also want an answer regarding Chris' Question, can you transfer your credit from one preorder to another?

[quote name='majorscud']no bioshock for me... :([/QUOTE]

So you pre-order GH3 and then want to cancel before it ships? Tony will cancel your order and you'll have a credit balance on your account to oder whatever else you may want. It's not difficult.

Hearing all these horror stories about shipping and waiting 10 days to receive the game made me want to cancel my Halo 3 order. I rather pay the extra $20 or whatever and have the game in hand by the 25th not Oct 25th.

If I paid USPS Priority (2-3 Days) will I actually receive the game in 3 days? I do not want to wait more than those 3 days to play Halo 3 so if I can't get it in 3 days can TONY or someone explain the process for canceling a preorder.

I allready paid thru paypal and my account has been charged.

[quote name='sundoobie']Hearing all these horror stories about shipping and waiting 10 days to receive the game made me want to cancel my Halo 3 order. I rather pay the extra $20 or whatever and have the game in hand by the 25th not Oct 25th.

If I paid USPS Priority (2-3 Days) will I actually receive the game in 3 days? I do not want to wait more than those 3 days to play Halo 3 so if I can't get it in 3 days can TONY or someone explain the process for canceling a preorder.

I allready paid thru paypal and my account has been charged.[/quote]E-mail Tony...info is in the first post.

[quote name='sundoobie']Hearing all these horror stories about shipping and waiting 10 days to receive the game made me want to cancel my Halo 3 order. I rather pay the extra $20 or whatever and have the game in hand by the 25th not Oct 25th.

I allready paid thru paypal and my account has been charged.[/quote]

It's quite simple. If it comes out Tuesday everywhere, be willing to wait up to NEXT Tuesday to receive it. If you are willing, the deals are fantastic and the game arrives safely packaged and in great shape. If not, look else where.

I got BioShock 2 days after everyone else that bought it locally, but its looking like Stranglehold will be 6-8 days after everyone else.

OMG it finally came!!!!!!!!!! Undamaged perfect condition. Tony Sorry if I gave you too much grief to handle but imagine how much grief I gave the Post Office:bomb: . Anyway thanks for the note and taking care of me overall, I'm not cancelling any orders or anything, I'm going to order more even soon. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back