Please Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking about trying this since it seems to be working at EBgames (or stores that used to be EBgames) My store is pretty clueless on things like this usually.

I was wondering if the computers will automatically add the bonus credit anytime 5 games are traded in that qualify for this and if not does anyone have any tips on how I could get a worker to look this up if they don't know about it.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I'm thinking about trying this since it seems to be working at EBgames (or stores that used to be EBgames) My store is pretty clueless on things like this usually.

I was wondering if the computers will automatically add the bonus credit anytime 5 games are traded in that qualify for this and if not does anyone have any tips on how I could get a worker to look this up if they don't know about it.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, unlike EB's last good trade-in deal (the extra $5 per game one but it only worked on qualified - PO - titles) it does NOT work automatically. I went to an EB that had no signage up about the deal and asked about it. The guy looked something up on his computer and found the deal (and restrictions) then scanned all the games and manually added $2 to each one.

Some of the EB people here can correct me if I'm wrong, but there is some way on their register computers that they can look up current deals (whether it is in store emails, a file, a function key, I have no idea - but the ones who know what they are doing can find it). I've been in EB's in the past where the employees had NO idea how to look up current deals though, so it must not be too obvious how to do it.

Traded in these:

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System(PS2) 3.00
Gran Turismo 3 .15
The Thing(PS2) 1.00
Red Faction(PS2) .50
Intellivision Lives!(GC) 2.00

for a total of $16.65 credit.

I used it to buy Vagrant Story(non-gh) in mint condition. $4.69 after credit & taxes.

Here's my trade report for today (after $2 bonus):

Transformers (PS2): 7
Rise of the Kasai (PS2): 8
Cy Girls (PS2): 5
Contra: Shattered Soldier (PS2): 8
Stolen (PS2): 5
Legacy of Kain: Defiance (XBOX): 4
Mafia (XBOX): 5
Sims, Bustin' Out (XBOX): 6
Spy vs. Spy (XBOX): 9
Vietcong: Purple Haze (XBOX): 4
Men of Valor (XBOX): 5
Tenchu: Return from Darkness (XBOX): 4
Alias (XBOX): 4
Conflict: Vietnam (XBOX): 6
Gladius (XBOX): 6
Sims 2 (DS): 10.5
World Champhionship Poker (DS): 8.5
The Urbz (DS): 6.5
Snood 2 (DS): 8.5

TOTAL: $120 in credit

Bought a used copy of Tomb Raider: Legend (360) and stockpiled $70 for the next big sale.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I want to trade in Nascar 2003 tog et in on this promo. Does anyone know if they consider it a sports game or a racing game?[/quote]

Since it's an EA Sports title, they probably won't take it. Worth a shot though.

Traded in the following (bonus already included):

Bloodrayne 2 - $6
ATV Offroad Fury 2 - $2
Everything or Nothing - $5
Mechassault 2 - $4.50
Project Gotham 2 - $2.75

Total - $20.25

Overall, not bad.

[quote name='io']Unfortunately, unlike EB's last good trade-in deal (the extra $5 per game one but it only worked on qualified - PO - titles) it does NOT work automatically. I went to an EB that had no signage up about the deal and asked about it. The guy looked something up on his computer and found the deal (and restrictions) then scanned all the games and manually added $2 to each one.

Some of the EB people here can correct me if I'm wrong, but there is some way on their register computers that they can look up current deals (whether it is in store emails, a file, a function key, I have no idea - but the ones who know what they are doing can find it). I've been in EB's in the past where the employees had NO idea how to look up current deals though, so it must not be too obvious how to do it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip on how the deal had to be looked up and entered in maually. I'll probably end up passing on this as it'll be a PITRA getting some of the workers at this store to figure this out including the guy that practically lives at the store. I might call or stop by if I'm at the mall just to see if they know about it. Sucks that it ain't automatically done IIRC the $10 for 3 games & $10 for 2 game bonuses early last year were both automatic.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Thanks for the tip on how the deal had to be looked up and entered in maually. I'll probably end up passing on this as it'll be a PITRA getting some of the workers at this store to figure this out including the guy that practically lives at the store. I might call or stop by if I'm at the mall just to see if they know about it. Sucks that it ain't automatically done IIRC the $10 for 3 games & $10 for 2 game bonuses early last year were both automatic.[/QUOTE]

Well, it could always change in the next few days (or weeks). Some of their promos last year didn't happen automatically at first, but they did after a few days.

Just traded in these games:

Intellivision Lives (GC) - $2 bumped to $4
Catwoman (XB) - $2.50 bumped to $4.50
Twisted Metal Black (PS2) - $1.50 bumped to $3.50
Virtua Fighter 4 (PS2) - $2 bumped to $4
Return to Castle Wolfenstein (XB) - $1.50 bumped to $3.50

Overall for $19.50...not bad.

I was thinking of going again and trading in:

Taiko Drum Master (no drum)
Time Crisis 3 (no gun)
Resident Evil 0
Haunting Ground
Chaos Legion

Anyone think its worth it or no?

Also, does GS take the Taiko Drum as trade-in?

Just came back from Gamestop. I traded in:

GTA: Vice City (PS2) - $1.50
RE Code: Veronica X (PS2) - $4.00
Godzilla Destroy all monsters (GC) - $5.00
Star Wars: Rogue Leader (GC) - $3.00
MGS3: Snake Eater (PS2)- $2.50

+ $10 in credit, came to $26

I used it to buy Ikaruga. $6 after credit and taxes.

[quote name='whoknows']I was thinking of going again and trading in:

Time Crisis 3 (no gun)
Resident Evil 0
Haunting Ground
Chaos Legion

Also, does GS take the Taiko Drum as trade-in?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but I would very much like to also. I have 2 Taiko Drum Masters (still haven't opened either) but I would like to keep the 2nd drum if I can get something decent with the game itself. Plus I need another game to round out my next 5 I bring in and this would be perfect.

As for the rest of your games, I don't know. Haunting Ground used to get $19 at Blockbuster/Gamerush, so I would save it for that if you can. You'll probably get much less for it at GS.

[quote name='whoknows']I was thinking of going again and trading in:

Time Crisis 3 (no gun)
Resident Evil 0
Haunting Ground
Chaos Legion

Also, does GS take the Taiko Drum as trade-in?[/QUOTE]

I tried trading in that Red Octane drum some time ago and it was only a $1 so I kept it.

[quote name='o_O']You can't even preorder a PS3 anywhere yet. There's no announced release date, price, etc.[/QUOTE]
My gamestop is taking preorders for the preorders. Basically when it's avialable in their system they give you a call to let you know. Kind of a cool idea really.

[quote name='io']I don't know, but I would very much like to also. I have 2 Taiko Drum Masters (still haven't opened either) but I would like to keep the 2nd drum if I can get something decent with the game itself. Plus I need another game to round out my next 5 I bring in and this would be perfect.

As for the rest of your games, I don't know. Haunting Ground used to get $19 at Blockbuster/Gamerush, so I would save it for that if you can. You'll probably get much less for it at GS.[/QUOTE]
Would I get the $19 at a normal Blockbuster? I dont have a Gamerush, but my local Blockbuster does take in used games (I think). Are the Gamerush prices the same as at a normal Blockbuster?

:applause: ;) :hot: :cold: :bomb: :roll: :cool: :lol: [quote name='o_O']You can't even preorder a PS3 anywhere yet. There's no announced release date, price, etc.[/quote]

WHEN you're able to preorder, do they allow u to preorder at more than one store, cuz i know they wont let u preorder more than one at each store, i wont flip...much...just wanna make sure i dont get screwed over like with my xbox360....some of them...at leaset...:roll: :drool: :bouncy: :whistle2:#

[quote name='whoknows']Would I get the $19 at a normal Blockbuster? I dont have a Gamerush, but my local Blockbuster does take in used games (I think). Are the Gamerush prices the same as at a normal Blockbuster?[/QUOTE]

99% of the time they are - sometimes, when a price is about to change it changes at one place before the other. But last I heard it was still $19, but it's been a while (though no real reason for this to drop recently either). You can always call them up and ask (unlike EB/GS).

Trade it in and get the $19 on a value card - then you can use it at any BB, for movie rentals or whatever.

They actually knew about this at my store and had a sign for it in the front window.

Credit before the $2 was added to each game, all PS2 games.

Eye Toy Grove - $3
Ejay Clubworld - $2
Rogues Ops - $1
Gungrave OD - $3
Evolution Skateboarding - $1

Ended up being $20 total with the bonus which I used to get WaroWare Twisted. I have about 15-25 crap PS2 games I'll never play that are pretty much worthless that I think I'm gonna weed out of the collection and trade in with this deal to get afew games I've been wanting without having to spend any/much money.

for thoes in the know how much can i get for xbox 1 controller s Splinter cell : PT Rainbow 6 : Black Arrow '' '' '' dvd guide a trilogy of games Ghost recon , Splinter cell Rainbow 6 3 and halo 2 i was think of trading them at my eb so i can house of the dead 3 with the gun and 2 ds games

traded some stuff, here are the values(these are WITHOUT the trade-in bonus):

-Dead or Alive Volleyball(xbox)- $4
-Serious Sam 2(xbox)- $6
-Men of Valor(xbox)- $3
-Outlaw Golf: 9 More Holes xmas(xbox)- $0.10
-Motocross Mania 3(ps2)- $2
-Ford Racing 3(ps2)- $2

traded these about a week or so ago:

-Metal Gear: Twin Snakes(gc)- $7
-War of the Monsters(ps2)- $9
-Pinball Hall of Fame(ps2)- $2(maybe $3)
-Extreme G3(ps2)- $1
-Sylpheed(ps2)- $1
-Ninja Assault(ps2)- $2(I think)

went to trade in some stuff today. The guy told me it was the last day

Prices before bonus:
Syberia XB - $1.50
Alter Echo XB - $1.00
Full Spec War XB - $1.00
Dead to Rights XB - $0.75
Extermination ps2 - $0.50

Got about $14.75, not bad for some garbage, even though I took a couple dollars loss on some of them. But all the other deals I took advantage of in the past makes up for it I guess.

[quote name='evophile']went to trade in some stuff today. The guy told me it was the last day

Prices before bonus:
Syberia XB - $1.50
Alter Echo XB - $1.00
Full Spec War XB - $1.00
Dead to Rights XB - $0.75
Extermination ps2 - $0.50

Got about $14.75, not bad for some garbage, even though I took a couple dollars loss on some of them. But all the other deals I took advantage of in the past makes up for it I guess.[/QUOTE]

Did this really end last week? I thought someone on here said it was going to run through May? Damn, and I had held back on bringing another set in until I could scrounge up another game or two - and I got those today.

It would be nice if they would put these deals on their damn web site. I can't find info about any trade-in deals there any more (and couldn't when this was running either).

[quote name='io']Did this really end last week? I thought someone on here said it was going to run through May? Damn, and I had held back on bringing another set in until I could scrounge up another game or two - and I got those today.

It would be nice if they would put these deals on their damn web site. I can't find info about any trade-in deals there any more (and couldn't when this was running either).[/QUOTE]

They answered the phone today telling me about this deal, so I'm pretty sure it's not dead yet.

This deal is dead according to the folks at Gamestop Emeryville. I traded in my 5 shittiest Xbox games yesterday and did fairly well....

[quote name='banpeikun']it's not dead fyi[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just found this out elsewhere on CAG.

Am kind of pissed because I returned a few games (after reading the posts above) I had been saving for the deal just yesterday when I also went to an EB to buy something (of course they had no signs for the deal and didn't mention it to me). Now I don't have time before the deal dies again (May 25th supposedly) as I'm going out of town till then.

I really wanted to build up my EB credit as a buffer against GR not getting any of my preorders in :whistle2:(.

yeah I took advantage of this deal less than a week ago.

I was going to trade some more yesterday but the employee told me that it ended on saturday. The guy could be wrong because they were surprised that the deal was still going earlier in the week.

hey, so the deal is back on? what do u think i would get for 5 gc games (need for speed 2, pikmin 1, super monkey ball 1, pirince of persia sands of time, and medal of honor frontline) i expect about 3-8 bucks each? is that reasonable? plus the $10 from this deal, and 10% casue it would go toward my ds lite.

any thoughts?

So is this deal dead or not?

Guy at EB I called said it was, but I remember a different EB I went to two days ago still had signs up for it.

[quote name='Roufuss']So is this deal dead or not?

Guy at EB I called said it was, but I remember a different EB I went to two days ago still had signs up for it.[/quote]

Tell them to check their email for the past week. We got an email saying the deal was still running so they should be running it as well.

[quote name='Roufuss']So is this deal dead or not?

Guy at EB I called said it was, but I remember a different EB I went to two days ago still had signs up for it.[/QUOTE]

I just took advantage of this today so it's still on. Most employees are clueless that it's still going though.

Here are some trade values(before $10 bonus)

- Driv3r(xbox)- $1.50
- Sega GT/Jet Grind Radio(xbox)- $.10
- SpyHunter(ps2)- $1
- Super Monkey Ball(GC)- $4
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance(ps2)- $3
- Project Gotham 2(xbox)- $.75
- Silent Hill 2(xbox/ps2)- $10

[quote name='mcwacko1213']hey, so the deal is back on? what do u think i would get for 5 gc games (need for speed 2, pikmin 1, super monkey ball 1, pirince of persia sands of time, and medal of honor frontline) i expect about 3-8 bucks each? is that reasonable? plus the $10 from this deal, and 10% casue it would go toward my ds lite.

any thoughts?[/quote]

Probably between 3-4 bucks each.

I was able to snag 5 and exactly 5 cheap games at a Circuit City today (amazing because they were supposed to be pulled from the shelves a few weeks back).

So I took that as a sign I should try to get in on the EB/GS $10 bonus deal.

Got the following tradein values today (5/20):

All are PS2 except for Drake

Eye Toy Groove: $3
Powerdrome: $0.10
Baldur's Gate: $3
Rogue Ops: $1
Drake: $1

They then bumped Powerdrome up to $10.10 :rofl:

So I got $18.10 total for $8.20 spent at Circuit City. Nothing earthshattering, but it didn't take much time from start to finish (buying games at CC, trading at EB) so it was worth it.

I went to a GS at the same mall and a kid was trading in his PS2 + entire game collection. Most of it consisted of 2002 - 2004 sports titles. I wept for him :D. I noticed the fat PS2 got $45 in credit, and a 3rd party wireless controller (not Logitech, I think Mad Catz) got $6 - both of which weren't too bad. The clerk told him he'd let him know if any games were worth less than $1. I think most probably were (saw Enter the Matrix ring up at $1 anyway).

Also, in watching 2 or 3 other transactions at both stores I saw them sell game warranties left and right (ie, people actually bought them). Amazing...

[quote name='Roufuss']You would have gotten the same amount just selling Dark Alliance and Eye Toy Groove on Ebay =/[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the hassle of selling games for $3 - $5 is not worth it unless there's the 10 cent listing days, which have been erratic. And I really dislike the wasted time of hassling slow and non-paying bidders for $2 of profit. Besides, I'm traveling, and this meant not having to tote those games home (I already have all the games I bought at GR in Atlanta to bring home). All that could happen is they get lost/stolen/broken.

This was a quick run to CC, then a run to the Mall (where there was a Galleon I wanted to buy for GR credit) and quick trade in - all while I was on my way to the office for a little work (which I should be doing now :D). The whole thing took an hour from start to finish (plus I got the Galleon to trade in later).

I would have kept the BG: DA for later (either as a gift or to sell, whatever) but I only got exactly the 5 games I needed for the bonus (others I would have rather traded are sitting 2500 miles from me at home :whistle2:().

PLUS I need some EB credit built up so I can get the Wii there as GR will be unreliable on that matter, as you well know. Hopefully EB/GS will come through with some better trade in deals than this over the summer.

traded a few more things today. All prices are BEFORE $10 bonus:

Silent Hill 3(ps2)- $12
"R" Racing Revolution(xbox)- $1
Sega GT/Jet Set Radio(xbox)- $.10
Area 51(xbox)- $5
Area 51(ps2)- $7
XIII(ps2)- $1

All trade values for the silent hill games are still high for those that might have extra copies.

[quote name='badramen']Traded ina some crap at EB today, deal is no more.[/QUOTE]

The employees at your store might have simply assumed that the deal was off, some employees I talked to were totally surprised that it was still on.

I verfied at two EB's and one Gamestop that the deal is on until the 23rd. This was also posted by other people here. Besides I can verify that it was still on seeing as I used the deal earlier (afternoon of 5/20).

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']I know it sounds bad, but I'm seriously considering using that Trade 2, get 1 360 game free deal. First off, I have a copy of King Kong that I received for Christmas that I've completely finished. Second, I have a copy of Kameo that I will hopefully finish this weekend that I received from Microsoft for free. If I'm receiving GRAW in return, I really don't see how I'd be getting the bad end of the deal.[/QUOTE]

hey where can i find the survey to gain points and get that kameo for free? my manager was telling me about it today since i just got a 360.

Last day of the trade deal... or at least last day of this marketing kit. I should have the new deals posted tomorrow or the day after. I'll make a new thread for that though.

[quote name='allout1986']Last day of the trade deal... or at least last day of this marketing kit. I should have the new deals posted tomorrow or the day after. I'll make a new thread for that though.[/QUOTE]

So the question becomes, trade in my 5 games today or wait till later this week and see if a better deal comes along?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back