Please pull forward

towpeas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Everyone has had this happen I'm sure. You go to a fast food restaurant after you pay and are waiting on the food, sometimes it takes them a bit longer and they ask you to pull forward and an employee will bring your order out to you.

Not a big deal to most people other than being annoying. My question is does one have to pull forward? What would happen if you said "No I waited just as long as the next person and till I get my food I won't budge."

Other than maybe getting some spit in the food or an angry employee is there anything they can do to make you move. Or are you even required to move?

I refuse to move. Half of the time they forget you or forget half of your shit. I stay at the window and don't care how bad I hold them up.

Well since I'm sure they can refuse service to anyone if your a dick to them they could probably refund you the money, tell you they are not going to serve you, and request you to leave. If you refuse to leave they could probably call the Police and have you removed.

On another note, don't fuck with the people that prepare or serve you food.

I move forward. If they ask you to move forward, it's likely because they're majorly backed up. If you don't move, you're just some asshole who's contributing to the problem, and you're probably going to get a penis in your food.

[quote name='lilytrabbit']Everyone has had this happen I'm sure. You go to a fast food restaurant after you pay and are waiting on the food, sometimes it takes them a bit longer and they ask you to pull forward and an employee will bring your order out to you.

Not a big deal to most people other than being annoying. My question is does one have to pull forward? What would happen if you said "No I waited just as long as the next person and till I get my food I won't budge."

Other than maybe getting some spit in the food or an angry employee is there anything they can do to make you move. Or are you even required to move?[/QUOTE]I don't think you have to move, but as its been said before, do don't be surprised when you see a nutsack print on your burger bun.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I don't think you have to move, but as its been said before, do don't be surprised when you see a nutsack print on your burger bun.[/QUOTE]
"Sir, I asked for grilled mushrooms. This is clearly a mushroom stamp."

i know that when i worked fast food it was to keep drive time averages down. so just sit there. no one but the managers really care and they can eat a dick.

if the times were ever too high, someone would just drive through a couple times to lower the average.

There's no reason you shouldn't pull up. There's probably something you ordered that's taking longer to make which is why they ask so they can help people behind you instead of backing up the line.

Not exactly "fast food" if you have to wait for it. I think they should give you a discount or something if they pull that shit. Most people are on their lunch break and it eats up enough time just walking to your car, driving there, ordering, and driving back...let alone actually EATING your food. Especially if you work at some place with an insulting 1/2 hour lunch break while the overpaid and underworked fucktards in ties and pant suits get an hour.

As said, if they ask you to pull forward, there's a reason for it. The person asking you to pull forward probably has worked there long enough to know when it would be best for everyone to do so.

It's like one time I had to take the bar trash out before I had to leave. I did, and when I came back with the trash cans, a guy stopped me and told me to wait until everyone's gone before I take the trash out. I said okay, but that really got me fuming. He had no idea about my situation, about how the bar customers are so rude as to never notice me and then I'm the hassle, not them. How if I didn't take out the trash then, there would be no room to put away more trash. How I couldn't wait three hours for the crowd to leave, because I was done work.

No, he goes to forums and complains about how stupid people are when they inconvenience customers. The worst part is the guy who told me this was a 24 year old, sunglasses/hat, typical loudmouth.

Here's the real question, after you order your food at the drive through and they ask you to pull up to the first window (their are two, one to pay and other to get your food) when they say first window how the fuck are you suppose to know what one? First window that you drive by? or first window at the front of the store, I sometimes pull up to the wrong window, and they get an attitude...Mcdonalds mostly

[quote name='Poor2More']Here's the real question, after you order your food at the drive through and they ask you to pull up to the first window (their are two, one to pay and other to get your food) when they say first window how the fuck are you suppose to know what one? First window that you drive by? or first window at the front of the store, I sometimes pull up to the wrong window, and they get an attitude...Mcdonalds mostly[/QUOTE]

Common sense would dictate that it's the first window you drive up to. They are not going to ask you to drive by one window , pay at the second , then go into reverse back to the first window you already passed to pick up the food.

Ive had this happen before at a Whataburger.

I placed my order and NOBODY was behind me in the drive thru. I pay and a few secs 3 cars show up, place their order and fall in line behind me.

Whatever reason, they asked if I would pull fwd. I said no, which I dont think they were expecting me to say by the look on my face. I asked for my money back and I sat there till they did it. The manager had to be called over for the refund and he asked me what the problem was. I told him I wasnt trying to be a dick but I dont see why people who pulled in after me, should get their stuff before me. We're all obviously in some sort of hurry, which is why the drive thru was used. I told him its nothing personal against them etc etc but I just didnt care to wait while people who placed orders after me get their stuff and go about their day while I waited.

He understood and started counting out the refund and he told me if I was willing he would give me my refund and if I still pulled fwd, he would give me the order for free. I told him I appreciated it but I wasnt out to get free food. No way was I looking to have my first taste of a cock meat sammich.

Im sure Ill be called an asshole or some other colorful intrawebz slang but I dont care.

I just drive forward. It's not really a problem for me. What gets me is the McDonald drive-thru that has two ordering spots. I've never used it because I don't know if I should go ahead of the other driver or wait for him to pass. Do they tell you to drive up after ordering?

I was thinking this was about people who stop at least a car's length away from a stop light intersection. Hey jackass, that big, white line is there for a reason, get up to it or get off the damn road.

[quote name='mitch079']I was thinking this was about people who stop at least a car's length away from a stop light intersection. Hey jackass, that big, white line is there for a reason, get up to it or get off the damn road.[/QUOTE]

I hate that, especially when some moron does it in the left turn lane. It's like "Guess what dipshit! Since you're a mile away from the line, the green arrow won't even show up! Good job, now all of us behind you get to wait even longer!"

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Not exactly "fast food" if you have to wait for it. I think they should give you a discount or something if they pull that shit. [/QUOTE]

Exactly. And it's one of many reasons I've largely stopped eating fast food. Tastes like shit compared to good food, is terrible for you, and many times it isn't all that fast vs. a healthier place like a Subway or something. But if asked to pull forward, I do. No big deal, food will get there in the same amount of time either way.

But generally I just eat at home and go out to eat at nice sit down restaurants and avoid fast food unless I'm traveling and have little choice in the matter.

[quote name='winterice']I just drive forward. It's not really a problem for me. What gets me is the McDonald drive-thru that has two ordering spots. I've never used it because I don't know if I should go ahead of the other driver or wait for him to pass. Do they tell you to drive up after ordering?[/QUOTE]

I don't go to the McDonald's that have these for this reason. I did once during breakfast, and there was already an accident. A minor fender bender, but a hazard none the less. I gave up and went to Burger King.

[quote name='Will']Im sure Ill be called an asshole or some other colorful intrawebz slang but I dont care.[/QUOTE]

Well, guess what? You are! If I am in line to get my single $1 menu sandwich or something that they pump out at a couple 100 an hour, I certainly don't expect nor deserve to let it set there getting cold while the douche in front of me who ordered 4 bags full of food won't move. If you ordered something that takes longer, that's your problem. It doesn't hurt you to step aside for a bit. So are you going to also go into the restaurant and order at the counter, then when the person behind you has their order come up first, push them or block them from getting to the counter? It's the same thing and you definitely are a jerk.
[quote name='whoknows']I hate that, especially when some moron does it in the left turn lane. It's like "Guess what dipshit! Since you're a mile away from the line, the green arrow won't even show up! Good job, now all of us behind you get to wait even longer!"[/QUOTE]

I thought this would be what it was about as well. Not only is what you brought up true, but then there are the people who not only won't stop at the stop line, but they slow down and roll forward for half a block when they see the light ahead is red. This screws up traffic behind them (i.e. people who should get through earlier green lights aren't able to move forward and end up having to stop when those lights turn red), and even if they do eventually roll up to the stop line, they still won't change the light by slowly rolling up. The sensors detects cars by changes of electromagnetic fields. Drive too slowly and any change is left out by the sensors as errors. But people in general are pretty stupid and will act stupidly/selfishly to benefit themselves even when in reality there is no benefit at all.

Man, some of you people are just divas apparently.

You can't pull up and wait for someone to take you your food?

If you order something that isn't just a normal hamburger you can expect to wait a little bit. They don't possess super human powers to just serve you exactly when you order it, because I'm sure if they had it ready and sitting there, you would complain about it not being "fresh" which many people do complain about and is the reason behind some fast food places not making food until it's ordered.

Just settle down and realize that life isn't built around your schedule, don't expect a one dollar burger to have five star service is all.

You people are exactly like the people you complain about, it just goes in an endless loop of complaints.

It's for these reasons that movies like Idiocracy are made.

If they ask you to pull forward, just do it.

Aside from the obvious "Don't fuck with people who prepare your food" argument, fast food places really do only ask you to pull up if they're being raped with orders. I worked at a Dunkin' Donuts in high school and saw a whole 'nother side to the fast food business. There are a whole bunch of things to consider:

-You're order might take longer to make. On busy days, we didn't always have time to thaw some of the food, so we had to cook it longer.

-The drive-thru may be clear, but they may be swarmed with customers in the store who ordered before you, and therefore deserve their food before you.

-Cash register drawers are frequently emptied and changed, restricting service to one register, even during the busiest ours of the day.

-Much, much more.

Basically, about 95% of the time, it's not their fault and they're genuinely really busy. If you don't pull up, you're a douchebag contributing to the problem, and I would, and have refused service/fucked with people's food who gave me disrespect I didn't deserve. I never did anything too bad, but you have to remember that there are some really fucked up people out there. I know someone who used to work at a BK, and one of her co-workers would frequently come into work with a baggy of his own cum to dump on sandwiches of asshole customers. But you shouldn't pull up just because you're afraid of contaminated food, you should pull up because they're probably busy and you should be more respectful of people. Still though, if you're one of those douchebags incapable of thinking about other people and will never change, do you really want to take the risk? Do not fuck with people who prepare your food.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MorPhiend']Well, guess what? You are! If I am in line to get my single $1 menu sandwich or something that they pump out at a couple 100 an hour, I certainly don't expect nor deserve to let it set there getting cold while the douche in front of me who ordered 4 bags full of food won't move. If you ordered something that takes longer, that's your problem. It doesn't hurt you to step aside for a bit. So are you going to also go into the restaurant and order at the counter, then when the person behind you has their order come up first, push them or block them from getting to the counter? It's the same thing and you definitely are a jerk.[/QUOTE]

At what point did we start talking about ordering INSIDE? HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference in how I would deal with that.

Why is your 1.00 item more important than my 1.00 item? You want your stuff the same way I do, why should I take a chance on mine being cold to statisfy you?

Nobody said anything about 4 f'n bags of food or being inside the actual establishment.

[quote name='Will']At what point did we start talking about ordering INSIDE? HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference in how I would deal with that.

Why is your 1.00 item more important than my 1.00 item? You want your stuff the same way I do, why should I take a chance on mine being cold to statisfy you?

Nobody said anything about 4 f'n bags of food or being inside the actual establishment.[/QUOTE]

It's the same concept. The person in line behind you ordered last, why not block them until you get your food if you do the same outside? There is no difference in concept. There is only a difference in behavior because you are face to face with the person and cowards only bully people who can't do anything about it. It's unlikely the person in the car behind you would know you have been asked to move aside and so you don't do it because they are none the wiser.

It's not importance. You seriously have an inferiority complex. It's the fact that their burger is done and waiting and whatever you ordered is taking longer. How would letting someone else get their food that is ready before yours make yours cold? Yours still isn't even finished. It's not getting cold, Watson. By your douchiness, you are the one making their food get colder. It's insane that you feel so crappy about yourself that you have to go around bullying people in the fast food line.

And rarely does your $1 chicken sandwich take longer than the $1 cheeseburger ordered behind you. They are not going to have you pull aside for that. If they are asking you to pull aside they are doing so for one of three reasons. 1) You ordered something that is uncommon and therefore not already sitting under the warmer while the person behind you ordered what they usually have on hand. 2) You ordered something that is commonly ordered but because they are slammed with customers at the moment, they don't have any of said common item waiting for you because 90% of orders are the same as yours. 3.) You ordered the whole menu. Go on a diet. Fatty.

It has nothing to do with bullying but glad you see it that way. Youve got some issues yourself.

There is a diff between being in a drive through vs inside. People in the drive through, Ill assume, are all "too busy" to go inside and sit yes?

If I go inside to order, and sit there an eat, I couldnt give two sh*ts if people ordering after me get their stuff first.

This has to do with the drive through and NOT being inside to order then sit down and eat. Again, BIG difference.

I normally pull forward, but when I was eating fast food, I was eating out a lot, so I knew most of the people through the close to daily transactions, so I'd do it to be cool with them.

You're just a dick if you don't. No one gets the food faster, it just helps them get two cars out at the same time instead of just the one.

It does suck though when the person behind you does get your food first (which is very rare) and they drive up behind and expect you to move out of the way. I've had to step out of the car two times (out of what could really be a hundred times) and walk over to them to let them know how much of a douche they were being.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Not exactly "fast food" if you have to wait for it. I think they should give you a discount or something if they pull that shit. Most people are on their lunch break and it eats up enough time just walking to your car, driving there, ordering, and driving back...let alone actually EATING your food. Especially if you work at some place with an insulting 1/2 hour lunch break while the overpaid and underworked fucktards in ties and pant suits get an hour.[/QUOTE]Make your own lunch, fatty. :roll:

I go in the resturant. :D Seriously, during peak hours, the drive through will be 4+ cars long while there might be 2 people inside. Just park and go in.

[quote name='Will']At what point did we start talking about ordering INSIDE? HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE difference in how I would deal with that.

Nobody said anything about 4 f'n bags of food or being inside the actual establishment.[/QUOTE]

I imagine you as your avatar.

I always go inside. Only time I ever went through the drive was Taco Bell, they shut the doors and only keep the drive-thru open once it gets really late. Less chance of getting your order fucked up if you go in. At least you can doublecheck it off to the side rather than in the drive with some twat giving you dirty looks in the rearview.

I don't see the big deal about pulling forward. But it does seem like fast food has gotten slower. But I may just be misremembering speed since I don't get fast food very often anymore.

And I also usually go inside as well. Easier to look at the menu if I'm not sure what I want--which is usually the case since I get fast food so seldomly, and it does usually seem faster.

too impatient? eat at home.

It helps both the establishment and the cars behind you if they pull ahead, and your food isn't going any faster by not pulling ahead.

By not doing so, you're actively being a dickwad.

If lunch is soo important, call ahead. Make an appointment. Don't eat out.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Not exactly "fast food" if you have to wait for it. I think they should give you a discount or something if they pull that shit. Most people are on their lunch break and it eats up enough time just walking to your car, driving there, ordering, and driving back...let alone actually EATING your food. Especially if you work at some place with an insulting 1/2 hour lunch break while the overpaid and underworked fucktards in ties and pant suits get an hour.[/QUOTE]
The fastest way to have "fast food"

Cook it yourself the night before and re-heat it

I've probably had it done less than a dozen times but like it's been said, something in the order just takes longer than what they have ready to serve people behind you. My brief cooking stint in a chain restaurant taught me that chicken patties, cooked right, take five minutes to fry and a fresh batch of fries will take about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. If the person behind you orders a burger and drink, don't be a dick and make them wait. Of course I get that flash of paranoia that something might be going on, but then I remember that the food itself is garbage to begin with, and it's not exactly a five star establishment so buyer beware.

Twice I was asked to pull around and the order was completely forgotten. One time at Rally's and they gave a refund and the food for free, and another at KFC on my 1/2 hour lunch break and they gave me an extra drink cup and apple pie (didn't really do anything for me since I watch what I eat, especially if I'm doing fast food).

Suck it up and deal with it, if you want to complain, go to the grocery store and make it yourself.. will be better and cheaper anyway.

Is this really that annoying/offensive to people? I pull up if they ask me to, that's never been an issue. If they forgot about me and I had to sit for 10 minutes, then I'd be pissed. But pulling forward so someone else can get their food while mine cooks? It's common courtesy.

[quote name='xycury']
If lunch is soo important, call ahead. Make an appointment. Don't eat out.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If you have a 30 minute lunch, you're not meant to eat out. You're meant to eat in.

I work in academia so I can pretty much take however long of lunches I want baring having a class to teach or a meeting since I don't work on any set schedule as I'm just preparing for classes and working on research most of the time. Work a ton of hours but not on any kind of schedule.

Even with that flexibility I take my lunch at least 4 days a week and often all 5. It's cheaper and I'd rather just scarf it down and goof online a bit at my desk (as I am now) than walking somewhere and spending more money and time. Not to mention I get healthier lunches just packing a sandwich and some fruit.

If eating lunch out is crucial to someone (and I know people who do it everyday to get out of the office for a bit) then you need to find a job with a longer lunch break.

bread's done
Back